[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sig 226 trade ins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: wm_6969986.jpg (94 KB, 960x629) Image search: [Google]
wm_6969986.jpg
94 KB, 960x629
Has anyone ever bought a police trade in? If they are all busted up, can you take them somewhere to be re-blued? Should I just buy a new one?
>>
>>30107099
They're not blued, they're anodized.
>>
>>30107099
I bought a made in W.Germany police trade-in.
Only has very slight holster wear marks on the slide, receiver & control levers. little bit of wear on the plastic grips.
But really it just looks somewhat broken in. not even anywhere near being "wore-out" looking
insides are damn near pristine.
>>
>>30107099
I have. Don't buy german sigs. Not worth it.
>>
>>30107244
I paid $550 for mine and it looks brand new compared to OPs pic.
Functions flawlessly.
>>
>>30107292

How do I get one? What websites should I be constantly scanning?
>>
>>30107310
topgunsupply and slickguns. But seriously, don't do it. $500 for a trade in p226 is not worth it
>>
>>30107326

Really, why?
>>
>>30107099
You need to inspect the rails for color, if they're down to the dull bare metal, you do not want.
>>
>>30107437
He doesn't have a legitimate reason. Universally it almost always comes down to fuddlore, personal preferences, opinions and memes.

If a P226 is the right pistol for you, then its worth it. But if its not the right pistol for you then it might not be worth it. You know what i mean?
I love mine. it fits my hand perfectly. Works perfectly. never any issues with it. none whatsoever.
and i like everything about its design and function. (da/sa/decocker, etc.)
>>
>>30107437
You need to replace the springs like you always should when buying a used gun especially Sigs or else pic happens to you. You spend $25 on a spring/spare parts kit. Then you realize that you can't fit the new style trigger bar spring with the old style plastic grips so you buy new outsourced made in Israel OEM grips for $25.

Whoops, you decided you wanted to do a detail strip to clean out the excess carbon from the insides and have a hard time putting back the mainspring correctly. Put $20 in a new spring and mainspring housing.

Then, you will notice your siglites are dim as fuck and want new ones that cost $120. Then you realize you could have bought a brand new Sig P226R for the same amount of money.

Seriously, fuck German Sigs unless you can find a good condition one for $430. I did the whole dance and wholeheartedly regret it. The only things it's got going for it is the internal extractor and the not so harsh on the rail slide frame.

And you don't even get a rail. Also they've been known to rust like shit and I have several spots of rust on several parts.
>>
>>30107518
this is a legitimate concern but would apply to purchasing any used semi-auto pistol.
>>
>>30107528
hey FUCK YOU
>>
>>30107551
Well, any full Metal rail gun, not sure it's a concern with Glocks or sig 320s.

Op here is a guide specific to your question read it

http://grayguns.com/guide-to-sig-sauer-pistol-inspection/
>>
File: 1395977881801.jpg (80 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1395977881801.jpg
80 KB, 413x395
>>30107634
>>
>>30107643
>Well, any full Metal rail gun, not sure it's a concern with Glocks or sig 320s.

It's because Sigs have slide rails that are harder than the frame rails. German Sigs don't have this much of a problem compared to the newer made guns that absolutely require grease to be applied or else wear is accelerated.

Glocks have steel slide rails on both the frame and slide. Which is pretty fucking sad since Sig can't seem to get it right.
>>
>>30107437
Well, my trade in w.german sig p225 functions flawlessly, so idk what that retards problem is.
>>
I owned a West Germany made 226 police trade in that had a really bad DAO trigger. It ran fine but the trigger pull was just awful.
>>
File: Clearlydoesnthaveap320.jpg (34 KB, 392x523) Image search: [Google]
Clearlydoesnthaveap320.jpg
34 KB, 392x523
>>30107704
Anon wtf are you talking about, p320s do have steel side rails, pic related.

But ya know whats really nice having in this p320 out of the box vs a glock out of the box? A nonplastic guide rod that won't melt.
>>
File: 3310zlc.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3310zlc.jpg
107 KB, 1024x768
>>30108198
You're pic (similar to Glock) vs. this pic.

Now reread the post you're responding to.
>>
>>30107099
do they tell you how many black people have been shot by them? would be willing to drop a heavy premium for notches on the gaurd
>>
>>30108219
>Glocks have steel slide rails on both the frame and slide. Which is pretty fucking sad since Sig can't seem to get it right.

Could you make it clear that you mean that either A) the P320 doesn't have steel rails on both the frame and slide or B) the metal on the frames rails are softer than the slides, which I'll have to ask a source for.
>>
>>30108298
1. You're not quoting me.

Let me simplify this as much as possible for you.

>>30107518 me
>Inspect rails for color to indicate wear

>>30107551 some anon
>this applies to any used semi-auto pistol

>>30107643 me
>For any gun with full metal rails but not concerned about it on Glocks or 320s.

>>30107704 some anon
>It's a problem with Exeter sigs because frame is softer than slide

>>30108198 You
>WTF do you mean 320's are like Glocks!

>>30108219 me
>See this pic, this is what I was talking about

>>30108298 you
>Could you make it clear?

I'm trying to.
>>
>>30108298
Not him, but there's a test that both a glock 19 and a sig p320 have undergone, 1000 rounds as quickly as the shooter can get them down range. The P320 and Glock 19 both did well, but the glock had 4 malfunctions (We can probably assume ammo issues) and a melted guide rod, the P320 had no malfunctions, and obviously it's steel guide rod was intake.

just my .2 cents tho
>>
>>30108367
So I'm asking him what he meant by that statement, not what he meant by that conversation, if this isn't you, and you didn't make that statement, why the fuck would you bother answering for him?

Jesus Christ you autist, you sound really upset over something that apparently doesn't have anything to do with you, maybe you should go outside and get laid man lol, you're being awfully aggressive over nothing dude.
>>
>>30108219
>You're
>>
>>30108439
You are the fucking pic faggot and you don't even know.
>>
>>30108407
You linked a post and quoted a different one.
Nigga you dumb.
>>
>>30108472
I'm.......a sig p226? You fucking bigot, I clearly identify as a sig p210, you fucking cislords are fucking ruining gun ownership for everyone, this is our fucking home, why do you have to be such an ammophobic asshole?

Christ, all I hear today is how fucking dangerous I am, and how I need to get ban all day by the fucking news and democrats, so all I wanna do is go home and relax on /k/ and talk to other ammosexuals on here, but no, fucking intolerant assholes like you have to go and ruin it for everyone, gunownership needs to be inclusionary, not a group full of dinosaurs that hate ammosexuals.

donate to my paetron
>>
>>30108482
What?! Retard, I was asking that guy who stated
>Glocks have steel slide rails on both the frame and slide. Which is pretty fucking sad since Sig can't seem to get it right.

And I replied with a pic of a p320 that clearly had steel slides on it's frame, then anon responds to it without making it clear that wasn't him, then I asked him to clarify what he exactly meant by the greentexted statement above, and then he goes "DURR THAT WASN'T EVEN ME" without even bothering addressing anything I said.

Holy.Shit.
>>
>>30108501
>210
In you are dreams.
>>
>>30108522
You are wrong about everything.
>>
>>30108545
How about one of those new 210s they're making, can I be onna dhose
>>
>>30107169
>They're not blued, they're anodized.
Please do not post on /k/ ever again. The slide is blued carbon steel. The frame is anodized aluminum alloy.
>>
>>30107099
You can send them in to Sig to get them factory re-blued. Check their website under Services offered.

Do you have a source for somebody who is selling surplus P226's currently? I haven't seen them for sale in forever.
>>
>>30107542
I remember your threads. Just because you were a retard who couldn't figure out how to unfuck your gun doesn't mean that everybody is. I've owned three West German Sigs and I never had any problems, nor could I even envision myself fucking up so badly as you.
>>
>>30107551
No, only guns that have an aluminum alloy frame.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.