[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ So, I've recently been involuntarily committed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (755 KB, 2048x3072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
755 KB, 2048x3072
Sup /k/
So, I've recently been involuntarily committed to a mental institution. Did I screw my chances of buying a gun in an ffl gun store forever?
>>
>>30107055
yes.
>>
>>30107055
You failed a mental health evaluation and have been judged a danger to yourself and others. Getting to buy guns again means you will need a lawyer, a clean bill of mental health and a lot of money.

You likely won't get any of those things, so instead just buy a gun from a private seller.
>>
File: 1462071993065.jpg (283 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1462071993065.jpg
283 KB, 1200x900
This might be the related option you will need to take
>>
Yes, and why did you get committed? Probably deserved it.
>>
>>30107055
Yep, enjoy having less rights than everyone else. I sincerely hope it was over something stupid as well.
>>
>>30107138
What sentence would I be looking at if I did that?
>>30107225
I've always got black powder, friend
>>
>>30107055

>those fuzzy thighs

Hnnnnnnnnggggg
>>
>>30107055
>So, I've recently been involuntarily committed to a mental institution. Did I screw my chances of buying a gun in an ffl gun store forever?

Yes.
>>
>>30107331
Nope!

In most states black powder is considered a firearm! And felons are barred from their ownership! So I imagine you may or may not be in the same boat.

>Source: Cop who has dealt with felons owning blackpowder thinking state laws don't apply to them
>>
>>30107480
>mental illness is the same as a felony
>>
>>30107200
Oh, I believe I'm Jesus reincarnated.
>>
>>30107494
Excuse me, reincarnate
>>
>>30107055
Why did you go and do that kiddo? It's pretty goddamn hard to get involuntarily committed to an institution, not as simple as a baker act. You probably shouldn't have a gun if you're unstable enough to wind up involuntarily committed in 2016.
>>
>>30107630
>he doesn't know how easy it is to get committed
I was involuntarily committed to an institution for defending myself in a domestic violence situation.
>>
>>30107480
>In most states black powder is considered a firearm! And felons are barred from their ownership!
A few states consider muzzleloaders / percussion cap normal firearms, but it's not that simple. While they may fall within the states definition of a firearm, the state must also prohibit mentally defective persons in their own statutes. If the state doesn't prohibit him, then their definition of a firearm means jack shit.

For example: Pennsylvania considers black powder and even crossbows to be firearms, and does prohibit involuntarily committed persons under 18 PA CS 6105(c)(4).
>>
>>30107706
>DV
Oh look, you're double fucked.
>>
>>30107706
Jesus fuck
>>
>>30107494
>not Muhammad
Fuck off amerinfidel
>>
>>30107706
America, where being a male victim of domestic violence is not only a crime but is worse than a crime!

Because male privilege, obviously!
>>
>>30107706
Did... Did you defend yourself with your cock, anon?
>>
>>30107723
This
>>
>>30107723
Yep. My sister came at me with a knife and got multiple good hits on me, but whenever I bring that up I get shunned because I'm a dude.
I've had people actually tell me I should be castrated because I dared to hit a woman (keeping in mind after she came at me with a fucking boning knife)

>>30107761
They automatically treat you as the aggressor because you're a dude.

>>30107766
No, I channeled the energies of my great grandfather, slapped her hand to the side after she got a few good hits in, backhanded her into next week, then slammed her head into a wall.
>>
>>30107781
So you went above and beyond defending yourself.

Good thing youll never own a firearm legally.
>>
>>30107781
>dared hit a woman
One of the few things that piss me off. Where the fuck is equality now?
>>
>>30107800
>above and beyond
If you think a backhander will stop someone coming at you in a rage with a knife, you should probably reconsider why you're here.

Would you rather I restrain the crazed woman by holding her down?
>>
Also fun fact. In CA there's an equal liability statute that says everyone involved in a domestic who does any damage goes to jail. Cops have no discretion. Has the effect of making the situation much worse.

On the bright side it has gotten a lot of psycho bitches who thought they could slap their men around and claim victim arrested, on the downside defending yourself is literally a felony. They genuinely expect you to ket the attacker kill you.
>>
File: tumblr_n1z6uhF5DX1rt6u7do1_400.gif (225 KB, 357x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1z6uhF5DX1rt6u7do1_400.gif
225 KB, 357x333
>>30107817
It sounds like youve got shit genetics.
Your sister attacks you with a knife.
You fly off the handle and beat the shit out of her.

Im going to guess youve got a few family members who have been/are in jail.
>>
>>30107830
>Your sister attacks you with a knife.
>You fly off the handle and beat the shit out of her.
Sorry for not politely asking for the knife then slitting my own throat, cunt.

What do you say I should have done?
>>
>>30107851
Not egg your sister on to the point where she flies off the handle and attacks her own brother with a knife.
>>
>>30107830
I'm not sure about you but if some one came at me with a knife and cut me a few times I would probably go ape shit on them and stomp the shit out of them even after they were down. if you try to kill me you better hope you succeed as I retain my right to kill you as the non aggressor. In any scenario the aggressor forfeits all reasonable expectations of having the right to life.
>>
File: 1451639517647.jpg (81 KB, 599x784) Image search: [Google]
1451639517647.jpg
81 KB, 599x784
>>30107870
>egg your sister on
I didn't know sitting on the couch and talking to a buddy was egging my sister to attempt fucking murder.

Get fucked mate.
>>
Sounds like this thread is filled with a new generation of child cops on high horse

Good luck with that
>>
>>30107817
Not that guy but I don't give a shit what you did. Speaking strictly from a LE perspective, yes, you should have used whatever force necessary to disarm her and then pinned her until a cop arrived. You literally committed assault once she was disarmed.

This is not the same as shooting an intruder. You couldn't know if the intruder was armed and thus in most states you would commit justifiable homicide if you shot and killed them.

But because you knew she was at that point disarmed you should have stopped hitting her, waiting until LE arrived. You are clearly in the eyes of your state incapable of making sound decisions and I'd agree with them.
>>
>>30107887she sounds like a real douche sorry that you won the genetic lottery for having a shit sister. Get a competent lawyer sue for defamation as you were only defending your self from an aggressor. not only that but claim emotional damages from being viscously attacked by one of your family members and then being institutionalized against your will which has caused irreparable mental harm
>>
>>30107918

More semantic litigation voodoo brought to you by jews and cops.

Funny
>>
>>30107630
>It's pretty goddamn hard to get involuntarily committed to an institution
False. I work as an EMT and I do a lot of inter-hospital transfers: it's fucking bullshit how often the emergency department involuntarily commits people just to get them to a different facility and out of their hair. I'll be sitting in an ambulance for an hour or more talking with these people, reading through all the paperwork and notes, and thinking about how they just said the wrong thing to the wrong doctor (or cop) on the wrong day and now they don't have gun rights.
>>
>>30107918
but lets look at this logically he was probably all hopped up on adrenalin and not thinking by that point. Have you ever been in a hand to hand fight with an armed combatant. He was scared angry and confused, of course he over did it but hell that's what happens when you try stabbing some one
>>
File: 5044-6.jpg (25 KB, 707x200) Image search: [Google]
5044-6.jpg
25 KB, 707x200
>>30107918
>committed assault
Sorry if I didn't actually clarify, but she still had the knife after I pushed her hand to the side.

>you should have used whatever force necessary to disarm her and then pinned her until a cop arrived.
She had a boning knife, pic related. She had already actually cut me multiple times with it before I decided to knock her out.

>But because you knew she was at that point disarmed you should have stopped hitting her, waiting until LE arrived.
I pushed her hand to the side, backhanded her, she didn't stop or slow down, she came for another swipe towards my head/neck, that's when I slammed her face into a wall. If she dropped the knife or stopped slashing I would have let go and backed down.

>You are clearly in the eyes of your state incapable of making sound decisions and I'd agree with them.
Mate, I can almost guarantee if someone came with a knife at you, you or your partner would seriously consider using considerable force against the aggressor.

I did everything I possibly could to avoid hitting her. I fucking love her, she's my sister. I'd die for her.

I'm not going to get put in a hospital or killed by anyone, be it my sister or some random burglar.
>>
>>30107706
Things that never happened; the reply
>>
>>30107958
Protip: don't say "the wrong shit"
if you're unstable enough to say crazy things that fit the legal criteria for being considered a threat to self or others, you're unstable enough to be locked away so you don't shoot up a school and get EVERYONE'S gun rights taken away.
>>
>>30107981
>I'm not going to get put in a hospital or killed by anyone, be it my sister or some random burglar.
Your sister just put you in the hospital, faggot.
>>
In that state. Cool thing about patient confidentiality laws is that medical records can't easily cross state borders.
>>
>>30108016
People word things poorly when they are stressed or scared, and things get misinterpreted, especially when it comes to differentiating thoughts of suicide and actual suicidal intent.
>>
>>30108020
Not same guy, you're a fucking idiot. You should let your sister kill you with a boning knife
>>
>>30107939
This
>>
>>30107800
>>30107870
>>30107830
Stop replying to this trash bait holy shit
>>
shit that never happened: the thread
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.