[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy an M44? I don't own any guns but I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
Should I buy an M44?

I don't own any guns but I have a 10/22 and a shotgun I shoot sometimes.
>>
>>30107008
Likely not worth what you could buy one for these days. Unless you are syrup bro
>>
>>30107016
I'm not a collector though.

I just want one because it's cool .
>>
>>30107049
No, if you are not a collector you shouldn't go for milsurp rofles. They won't serve your purposes. Get a Savage 110 instead or build an AR.
>>
>>30107103
I don't want it to be practical or to hunt with.

I just want it for fun.
>>
If you want one, best to buy it now I guess.

It would have been better to buy one years ago when they were cheaper, now they're in the $300 range.
>>
>>30107121
You will have more fun with an AR.
>>
>>30107149
...is what an AR shill would say.
Nugget for life man.
>>
>>30107008
Yes you can join the exclusive m44 club and shit on those faggots with long ass useless rifles and they lose their bayonet all the time!
>>
>>30107121
Looks like your mind is made up. If you live in the states you are making a mistake. But you are an adult and free to make your own decisions.
>>
>>30107165
Why is it a mistake?

I'm not an investor looking to make money.

I just have this deep-seated urge to own one.
>>
>>30107161
I mean I do love mine. But they aren't worth their going price.
>>
>>30107174
I'd probably be paying 200$~ for one.

I know it's probably too much.
>>
>>30107193
Try $300+. This isn't 2010.
>>
>>30107149
> You'll have more objective fun when you buy a product I support
>>
>>30107223
Yes, the guy who owns 5 Mosins and collects milsurp rifles would know very little about them or what a average shooter would prefer instead.
>>
>>30107149
Fun is a subjective term.

Fun how?
Making brass fly down range?
Fast shooting?
Tons of weapon mods?

I guess that's fun, but so is bruising the shit out of your shoulder, fireballs and loud booms.

I love my M38 and Steyr M95 carbine for those reasons.
>>
>>30107103
>>30107149
>>30107236
>stop doing things I don't like
If he likes the rifle, is aware that ammo for it is more expensive than its ever been, and knows that he could get a better bolt action for the money just let him do what he wants. Even if you don't collect milsurp, there's nothing wrong with buying a few because you like their historical significance or look.
>>
>>30107213
There is a pawn shop where I live with a few for 200$.
>>
>>30107236
>milsurp is only Mosins
>only ARs are fun.
>>
>>30107265
As do I, but that is not a typical opinion held by most shooters, hence said recommendation by me.
>>>30107289
>You just don't like Mosins
Ok chief. That's why I bought 5. Because I do not like them. OP can buy whatever he likes, but experience tells me he'd probably be better off buying an AR.
>>
>>30107328
>experience tells me he'd probably be better off buying an AR.

Why?

I don't really want an AR. I've shot them before, and I had fun shooting them, but I have no urge to possess one.

I've thought long and hard about either getting an SKS or an M44 and while the SKS would be cheaper to shoot and more practical probably I'm buying decades old milsurp so I really shouldn't care whether its' practical or not.

Plus the bayonet on the nugget looks more fun.
>>
>>30107149
I disagree. ARs are the most boring gun to shoot in my opinion. Older guns, especially milsurp are far more entertaining to use, fondle, and learn about.
>>
buy an wasr ak
>>
>>30107008
As an M44 owner, I'd say yes. It's a really neat, short rifle that shoots a big cartridge and has a folding bayonet. There are other rifles that fit their purpose better these days, but if you enjoy milsurp rifles for their history or their connection to the countless revolutions these and rifles patterned after them served in I think you will appreciate it. And in the end, these M44's are still capable of killing bears or blowing up bottles or what have you, even if they aren't the very best technical choice.

I think they're good rifles for what they are, it mainly depends on what you like in the guns that you buy.
>>
>>30107307
If you can get a 200 dollar M44 in good condition that's a good deal.
>>
>>30107008

If you're determined to buy a nugget, since they are all expensive now, might as well spluge and get a Finn.
>>
>>30107356
>Why?
Less recoil, endless aftermarket, better capacity, easier to shoot well, lighter weight, more ergonomic, Etc. These are things most (MOST, not ALL, M-O-S-T) shooters like. If you like something more you will enjoy using it more.

If you honestly don't care about any of that and just think the Mosin M44 looks cool and want it for that, then you're not going to find something that replicates that.
>>
>>30107439
>Less recoil, endless aftermarket, better capacity, easier to shoot well, lighter weight, more ergonomic
this is why i don't like /k/

not everyone owns guns to be a high speed low drag operator

some people shoot or own guns because it's fun or they like guns
>>
>>30107439
>Less recoil, endless aftermarket, better capacity, easier to shoot well, lighter weight, more ergonomic, Etc.
For an operator gun those things are fine, but for a plinker like OP wants I don't see how any of those help.
>>
>>30107465
How many more times would would like me to type MOST? Clearly the 3 times I used in the post you quoted was not enough. Maybe 9 times will register for you.
Most. Most. Most. Most. Most. Most. Most. Most. Most.
MOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSTTTTTT. I gave you an extra for good measure.

Happy yet? Probably not.
>>
>tripfag giving useless advice

more news at 11
>>
>>30107560
Jesus fuck off you spergy floperator.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.