[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Security & PERSEC Hi /k/, Increasingly, we see civil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 727090.jpg (27 KB, 272x428) Image search: [Google]
727090.jpg
27 KB, 272x428
Urban Security & PERSEC

Hi /k/,

Increasingly, we see civil unrest and the random targeting of people going about their day to day lives. What measures do you take to ensure your personal safety at all times?

For example:
>Keeping your fuel tank at least half full
>Ensuring your windows are only rolled down an inch or so when driving, rolling windows fully up when coming to a stop (to prevent carjacking)
>Keeping at least one car's length in front of you when stopped in traffic to ensure an escape route
>Alternating routes to and from work
>Ensuring you are aware of the people around you at all times
>>
I cobsider myself a pretty paranoid person but thinking like that stopped around the time I started carrying. Just stay armed and don't worry about it, you don't need pills for paranoia you need to be armed. Humans ain't shit without weapons.
>>
>>30106788
>my gun is my adult security blanky
>>
>Increasingly, we see civil unrest and the random targeting of people going about their day to day lives

No we don't.

America is ridiculously safe compared to a generation ago.
>>
>>30108190
They don't call it a Glock Forty Problem Solver for no reason
>>
>>30106788
This, I can just blast my way out of a carjacking. Not they would want to carjack a 13 year old pickup. Nogs can't appreciate glorious nippon toyotas. They just want dem "Lac Trucks" and Nissan Titans.
>>
>>30108223
You are retarded if you think that if you think that a gun is a substitute for general caution and situational awareness.
>>
I live on an army base

However:
>Keep 3 CATs in the car
>Keep a knife in trunk and a knife on driver side door
>Lock doors when driving
(Had a prostitutr jump in my car cuz doors don't automatically lock for some reason)
>Tinted windows
>Keep gas 3/4 if not full
>Clean and maintain vehicle weekly
>Spare tire and tools in trunk
>Store GPS in safe place
>Park in strategic spots
>Keep 2 car distances plus maintain eyes on people behind or near
>Head on a swivel 24/7 dat PTSD tho

It's shit you just sorta do naturally to protect yourself and loved ones. If you don't I think you have issues.
>>
>>30108190
Doesn't have to be a gun. A sword or bow or pointy stick would have sufficed in other times. The way I see it, if you're without some kind of weapon, you're basically a caveman without a spear. And seeing as our society is turning pretty savage, I'd say you're fucking stupid to be walking around unarmed.
>>
>>30108253
No, it's a remedy for paranoia. What you described are actions an incredibly paranoid person would take. Being armed is knowing you have a fighting chance, and that's very calming. Better than glancing around all skiddishly making people think you're a schizo, or thinking there's something wrong with you and taking drugs that turn you into an actual schizo.
>>
>>30108507
It doesn't matter what weapon you choose, the idea that a weapon is a substitute for general caution and situational awareness is retarded.
>>
>>30108533
A gun will be worthless in most situations without good situational awareness. Do you just carry a gun so you can act like a nigger with it?
>>
>>30108280
my mom almost got kidnapped when some guy just opened her door while she was driving, luckily she was wearing a seatbelt and she just gunned the car till he fell back out

also
>shine flashlight into backseats of car during the night before entering

as for the tinted windows im pretty sure your windows cant be tinted to a certain extent where officers cant see inside. ive only seen it enforced once and it was just an excuse to stop my mom and arrest her. the sheriffs in yuma really had it out for my mom for some reason
>>
>>30108682
*in arizona (for tinted windows part)
>>
>>30108537
>>30108656
Ok so your finely tuned situational awareness detects something, now what? You think you can fight your way out of everything by swinging your meat sticks and hitting people with the little bones at the base of your fingers? We're not lions or bears bro, we're humans. We use tools.

Btw you don't need to learn "situational awareness", it's called not having autism.
>>
>>30108691
Arizona is pretty anarchistic. A lot of laws aren't really enforced. For example trespassing isn't a thing because trespassers are typically homeless people who don't show up to their court hearings, the state got tired of wasting money so it's not enforced anymore. The cops just tell them to leave and get pissed off at the person who called like they're bothering them. There's laws against window tinting, those covers that make your plates not readable, and driving like a homicidal maniac but again none of its enforced. Low taxes at work, enjoy your shitty mad max roads and serious felons being caught and released.
>>
>>30108682
>the sheriffs in yuma really had it out for my mom for some reason

Why go after felons,mpossibly armed, when you can make a quick buck from your average not so dangerous citizen? Oh yes, to keep you safe right?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.