[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good idea, /k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: eVrTtDt.jpg (79 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
eVrTtDt.jpg
79 KB, 600x594
Is this a good idea, /k/?
>>
>>30104506
Are those mortar shells converted into RPG rounds?
>>
>>30104580
It looks like they cut RPG rounds in half and put the rocket motor onto mortar shells.
>>
>>30104506
Eh, I've seen Rebels and Ukrainians use them but I don't see what's wrong with them.
>>
Muslims? No, not generally.
>>
If all you got is anti armor but you need anti personal why not
>>
>>30104617
that why OG-7 EXIST
>>
>>30104623
wow, such knowledge.

well maybe they only have anti armor, and have to improvise, over there in Mesopotamia. It's a fucking militia war, a dirty one. It's not like they could make a phonecall and get a cargo chopper full of anti personel heads.
>>
>>30104623
Oh sure, lets see how many OG-7 they have on hand? Most of the rounds they're going to have are old as fuck single-stage HEAT rounds and it's not exactly like they order some right off the boat when they run out of the like three OG-7s that they MIGHT have.
>>
>>30104506
you mean pre-attaching the booster?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sSlrB0zBfxs

Works like a charm
>>
>>30104848
lol I expected him to be smoking like 3 cigs and holding a quart of vodka when walking back towards camera.
>>
>>30104506
>>30104848

Hey fair enough. It looks like it is some sort of factory made attachable modification for those mortar rounds, not some backyard hack-job. Looks impressively effective too, if you don't have the proper RPG rounds on hand.

I personally wouldn't store the mortar rounds loose and on their trigger, personally, but thats just my spoiled western ass speaking I suppose.
>>
File: 1463773186916.jpg (19 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463773186916.jpg
19 KB, 640x480
>>30104506
do they have rockets ? or just the initial propellant charge ?

And what are those ones of the left that look wrapped in leather ?

I'm confused but curious
>>
>>30105338
Gee....
>>
>>30105338

No, you throw them like you're throwing a squirrel.
>>
>>30105338
>do they have rockets ?
Yes, the brownish part contains the rocket fuel, and the rocket nozzles just behind the mortar round look intact.

>or just the initial propellant charge?
The propellant charge is the neon green bit, so it appears they have both the propellant charge and the rocket assist.

>And what are those ones of the left that look wrapped in leather ?
I think they're homemade frag rounds.
It's not leather, it's painted steel pipe with grooves cut in the sides to aid fragmentation.
>>
>>30104506
>ABU HAJAR THE ROCKETS FOR PEOPLE DAMN IT.
>>
>>30104848
how would you even range that thing
>>
File: 1436147164747.jpg (20 KB, 460x458) Image search: [Google]
1436147164747.jpg
20 KB, 460x458
>>30107104

>think you are going to film an awesome base raid killing infidels and shit
>at least cool suicide bombing
>end up looking like a complete retard and died in a field after tactical rolling
>kurds find your camera and laugh at you for days. post on liveleak so westerners can laugh at you

honestly rip in dick what a way to go.
>>
>>30109242
Very carefully
>>
File: abu hajaar3.png (166 KB, 618x600) Image search: [Google]
abu hajaar3.png
166 KB, 618x600
>>30104506
>>30107104
>>30109258
>>
>>30104506
If it looks stupid and it works...
>>
Yup, nothing wrong with leaving Russian made mortars resting nose down next to anti pers rounds with piezio electric dets and tangled in a cam net.
What I don't see is some one butting out a cigarette on the RPG rounds primer. Come on guys, get your shit together. If you are going to be slip shod, go all the way.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.