[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.22 pistol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: Rough Rider.jpg (60 KB, 800x300) Image search: [Google]
Rough Rider.jpg
60 KB, 800x300
/k/ I'm looking for a .22 pistol to plink with. I'm short on cash and want to make it a bit cheaper to shoot.

I'm looking at pic related as an option. Bud's guns has them for 130$ and with an FFL transfer that's around $160 which is about the cheapest option. I've also looked at the Buckmarks, Ruger Sr22, Beretta u22 Neos, and others. I could save up and buy something like the ruger but it will be a while before I can get it and I'm still looking at about $330 for that.

Halp me /k/. Should I buy the cheap wheel gun or save up for a superior semi auto?

Bonus: My girlfriend is left-handed and shoots with me. The Sr22 felt nice in my hand, is compact enough to be a glovebox gun, and has ambidextrous safeties so my gf can shoot. So I'm leaning towards saving up but I don't know much about any of these.
>>
sr22 slide is made of cheap aluminum, and the steel slide lock over time eats away at thr slide and it stops working.

literally had to throw mine away. get a wheel gun instead imo
>>
>>30104457
What about the beretta? Or a S&W?
>>
>>30104457
roughriders have shitty longevity too since the frame is some alloy bullshit
dont get me wrong you will certainly get 150 dollars of use from it but by 10-15k mark its worn out and will shoot loose constantly

fun as fuck though
if you want something fun that will last like 5 years roughriders adequate. if you want something to pass down buy a single six or single 10

buy the version with real sights
>>
>>30104466
never shot them. went ahead and bought a used s&w model 17 22lr wheel gun.
>>
File: Pistol_H&R-M930.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Pistol_H&R-M930.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
The old H&R nine shot .22s are hard to beat. Good shooters and can be found for 100 to 150 used. This one lives permanently in a holster sewn to the inside of my fishing vest.
>>
>>30104828
I found one of these for sale for $100.

Are they reliable? Any thing I should watch for when I go take a look? Barrel length isn't stated so should I hope it's a certain barrel length?
>>
>>30104370
have you considered an NAA?
>>
>>30104370

Rough Rider's are supposedly fun an decently reliable for how cheap they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sruOplt19hw

If you save up for a semi auto go for something like a Ruger Mark III 22/45. .22lr isn't reliable out of a pistol with a slide.
>>
File: Dillon_Ruger_Standard.jpg (626 KB, 1349x997) Image search: [Google]
Dillon_Ruger_Standard.jpg
626 KB, 1349x997
>>30107000
>.22lr isn't reliable out of a pistol with a slide.
or accurate
>>
>>30106990
Too expensive for a revolver.

If I'm getting a .22 revolver and now a semi auto then I'm only willing to spend a max of $150.
>>
>>30104370
Rough Riders are awesome guns for 3 different types of people: children learning to shoot, enthusiast cowboy action shooters, and people with loads of .22.

Great guns for the price, though this will break down over time and eventually stop working after a few thousand rounds. That being said, they are fun as hell to shoot with, fairly accurate since the barrel has some length to it, and are obviously incredibly cheap, probably the cheapest handgun you can safely shoot.
>>
File: Pistol_H&R-M929.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Pistol_H&R-M929.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>30104828
The only issue I've seen is cylinder faces beat to shit by dry firing. Otherwise they are accurate and reliable pistols.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.