[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any old fags on here want to share and reminisce about stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: golden oldies.png (242 KB, 415x295) Image search: [Google]
golden oldies.png
242 KB, 415x295
any old fags on here want to share and reminisce about stories on guns, shooting and life in general?

I just turned 37 and I know there are a few of you on here
>>
38. Didn't feel old until I realized a few years back that I was always the oldest in conversations.
>>
>>30102412
I made pool swastikas with /b/ during the habbo hotel raids of the early 2000's
long cat
pool's closed
NEDM
>>
File: images (11).jpg (5 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
5 KB, 240x180
>>30102412
Stupid fucking newfags.

You are not an old fag because of your age. You're an oldfag because you've 4chan a long time. For instance I'm 30 and have 4channed since 2005.

I'm an oldfag, you're just old (so am I for 4chan standards). Now you know.
>>
>>339248997
Muh training reminds me of Mia>>30102703
He didn't say he was oldfag, he is an old fag. Learn the difference.
>>
>>30102731
I guess. It's a little misleading tho.

Anyway I didn't get into guns until later in life. But I remember going into the Arizona desert and watching my grandpa shoot coyotes. He let me squeeze a few rounds off for fun.
>>
>>30102703
.....I think you missed what he was going for. He wasn't talking about being an oldfag on 4chan. He was talking about being old age wise and you decided to post this stupid fucking post because he used the term "oldfag" which can only mean being someone who's been on 4chan forever according to you.

In conclusion, shut the fuck up retard.
>>
>>30102830
Shut the fuck up. It's the difference between a space. Old fag oldfag. You are all using it wrong.

So if I said new fag it means I'm new to being gay? I'm new to life? What?
>>
File: bad-reception.jpg (27 KB, 449x599) Image search: [Google]
bad-reception.jpg
27 KB, 449x599
39 years old
>>
>>30102703
sure kid
>>
>>30103006
I'm right.

The correct way for to have said it was "are there any fags here that are older?" Putting a space between oldfag is just confusing and seen as a typo. I don't care how many of you newfags cry, it just shows how far this place has slipped into shit and we are losing our culture.
>>
>>30103036
Get the fuck over it faggot
>>
>>30103073
I'm not mad. I'm just correct, and educating the newbies. Now you newbuds know how to use 4chan terminology correctly.
>>
>>30102412

Not really an oldfag in your sense of the word, but I've been on the Chan forever and I also have lived through some exciting firearms related events.

>last member of my family raised like a mountain man/cattle rancher
>saw the decline/death of hunting with dogs in the south
>saw the commercialization of hunting
>saw the rise of the SJW
>I worked cattle in the drought of the mid-2000's and had to put down cattle routinely
>been in or around multiple DGU
>military fag
>remember when you could have a gun in your truck at school
>been around multiple killings

>been on /k/ for five years

Feed me my supper, Laura, so I can go to bed.
>>
>>30102412
remember the day s of sawn off shotguns where nobody gave a damn?
>>
>>30103088
>proud of being an oldfag

Get a fucking life, loser
>>
>>30103149

Back in the good old days when every rural family had an unregistered NFA item and the cops didn't care?

Feed me supper. It's 12 o clock.
>>
>>30103151
Who said I was proud? If anything it provides an excuse why I'm here at my age.

I guess your wives sons told you all about 4chan.
>>
>>30102412
I'm only 28, can I contribute? Fuck it I will. Heres my story on why I ALWAYS wear my eye and ear protection while shooting now.

>Shooting old Ithaca Arms lever action .22lr.
>Remington BIG BOX 550 round cheapo ammo.
>Mother fucker backfired, as in the entire casing blew into bits, I still have whats left of it.
>Was luckily wearing sunglasses, but normally didnt ever wear eye protection (have been shooting for bout 16 years with no issues.
>Would be fucking blind if not for my sunglasses.

How about when I got a new beretta .25 bobcat. That thing was shit. Had a squib load. Only time in my entire shooting life have I ever had a bullet that got stuck in the barrel

>If it sounds funny, unload it and check your gun, before you blow off a finger or two or worse.
>Also the tip up barrel switch broke like 2 months after I bought it and I bought it new.
>Am turned off Berettas forever now.

How about the time my friends and I are shooting at night just from the light of my headlights on the Jeep. I am shooting a snub S&W .32long, and I tell my friend (totally bullshitting) how if I shoot the very top of the can ill drink the beer. I shot that damn can in a way that it was like a perfectly opened beer. Just one hole angular across the top, it was no different than if I had popped the tab. That was a cool shot. This was at nearly 35 yards at night. Or maybe not, I'm bad at that, it was the length of probably 20 or so Jeep Wranglers.
>>
life is a never ending struggle to manage your time, thoughts, and resources correctly.

most things in life seem to be traps created to rob you of those things.

your thoughts, body, and time are the only things you can ever really own and giving them up for something that does not benefit you is a terrible mistake.
>>
>>30103201

Damn, friend. True words.
>>
>>30103179
Ive got another. Had a Taurus .22 revolver, cant remember the model, but it held 9 rounds. It had one of those internal hammer lock things, like a little hex shaped key hole in the hammer you could lock it with. Everyone always said, get a revolver if you dont want a jam, well get a revolver without one of those little faggot locks if you dont want a jam. I was shooting it one day, and I guess the recoil eventually set the lock, bec. all of a sudden the trigger wouldnt move. Like I couldnt ever pull the trigger on that thing again. I lost the key, so I just gave the pistol to my friend. Apparentally he fixed it and uses it all the time, but the little bitch jammed on me.
>>
>>30103163
Well it used to be that double barrel shotguns were common and cheap. A lot of people would saw down the barrels and keep em hanging around for the things that go bump in the night. The police never cared, as long as we were good white folk it never mattered. The NFA kind of came back into fashion in the last 30 years, and a lot of people had to get rid of their 'illegal' weapons. Hell, ever notice how hard/expensive it is to get SxS shotguns now?
>>
>>30103254

I remember. We kept a .1 inches over the limit Stevens SxS stoked with #4 turkey loads for yard varmints and a 16 gauge coach gun of questionable legality for...

Well nothing, really. Kind of a funny story on that gun.
>>
>>30102703
In my opinion, anyone who claims being an oldfag is anything but an oldfag. If you really were an oldfag you'd know being here from decades is nothing to be proud of.
>>
>>30103305
Scroll thread. I never claimed pride.

Also I took a 4 year break, so it wasn't continuous. This is about only board worth visiting left, and I'm beginning to question that because people like you and your friends.
>>
>>30102703
This kid's adorable.

On topic, I didn't really grow up around guns aside from the shotgun my parents had to kill snakes and other pests. We lived out in the sticks. Didn't get into guns in a knowledgeable way until very recently, but I've always been interested in history and frequently weapons were the tools that made history.
>>
>>30103245
thanks. that be a hard lesson to learn, it was for me at least.
>>
My stepdad was an incredible shot.
In my town in the 60's, you could go to the dump and shoot rats for sport.
Stepdad used a .22 revolver to do this. He claimed that when he was that young, he could see the .22 rounds in flight. He told me they looked like black lines. So he could fire from the hip and correct his shot as needed. He had amazing eyesight in general and could see all kinds of game in the woods when I could't see it at all.
One day we're shooting at a sandpit and stepdad is killing it without even trying. When we clean up our targets my uncle puts a quarter-sized butterscotch candy on the target rack. We go and clean up and get back to the cars. Now we're over 100 yards from the target rack. Uncle says to stepdad: "Hey if you're such a hot shit, why don't you hit that butterscotch candy over there?"
Stepdad squints, sees it, puts a round in a bolt-action .22 rifle, holds the rifle (it's light) by one hand, like a pistol, and fires.
Blows up the candy.
Uncle never said shit again.
>>
26 here.
That's not really old fag, but I remember when WASRs used to go for $250 a pop.
>>
>>30103376
You sound like a tremendous faggot. god I wish you're old ass was in Maryland so I could meet you somewhere and beat the shit out of you.
>>
>>30103522

You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
File: 0600f54.jpg (33 KB, 600x426) Image search: [Google]
0600f54.jpg
33 KB, 600x426
>>30103522
You're the one being a tough guy on 4chan and I'm the faggot.. lmao you're pathetic. Newfags are so silly.
>>
>>30103522
On a scale from 1-10, are you subscribed to filthyfrank?
>>
>>30103509

I remember getting a nugget for 79 bucks at Big 5.
>>
>>30103575
That's what I thought you little bitch. Cry about it when a 'newfag' calls you out
>>
File: Fidel-Castro-smoking-ciga-001.jpg (27 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Fidel-Castro-smoking-ciga-001.jpg
27 KB, 460x276
>>30103509
also 26 here. ive been browsing /k/ for 10 years but have only been hasguns for the last 3 and a half. i still remember seeing catalogs from cdnn that had deals like those thinking to myself, man i sure wish i lived in america back in those days. things worked out pretty good for me, though.

>live inna third world shithole for most of my life
>guns too expensive to own legally
>finally fly to murrica
>get job at gun store
>finally has guns
>dealer incentives everywhere
>guns are heavily discounted or free
>>
>>30103597
I don't know what that means. But moot replied to me on /b/ once making fun of Yale students and I was in /fit/ when Zyzz and Tinytrip frequently posted there
>>
>>30103376
Read the whole thing after posting. Pride.. whatever remembers someone wasted weeks if not months of his life arguing about all that shit here.
But after all, we are all on the same boat. Sinking from the beginning.
>>
>>30103607
Ummm, do you live in your own head?

You acted like an internet tough guy and even others called you a faggot. Id invite you to come and fight me, but I probably shouldn't fight a minor. You Maryland badass you.
>>
>>30103088
>30
>hung up on details for a board that dosent care about

Yeah na, you're a cunt and a kid
>>
>>30102703
Fucking Gaiafags.
>>
>>30103659
4chan was better pre 2008. A person was required to have a PC back then. Which limited it's user base and type of people that came here.

Now that any 13 year old with a smartphone can get on its gradually degraded.
>>
>>30103672
English please?
>>30103681
???
>>
>>30103663
Time and place, fuckboi
>>
>>30103725
Playground, after school. It's on.

Or you can drive/fly to Wisconsin and I'll fight you. But if you're really that angry just go kick a puppy or something.
>>
>>30102703

nobody cares, it's not much of an achievement in life to spend 11 plus years in this shit hole
>>
>>30103812
Just because I stated it, people keep saying"nothing to be proud of".

No fucking shit. I simply made a statement. If I said I had a dog would you say "no one cares you shouldn't be proud of owning a dog".

Fucking idiots. The point is you're using terminology wrong.
>>
>>30103683
It kinda was, but the assumptions never meant anything good for the future. At least some boards are still pretty good, and others are doomed.
>>
File: 1449106465757.jpg (1 MB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
1449106465757.jpg
1 MB, 1959x1469
>>30102412
>41 year old
>found 4chan when my son bought me a computer and I dicked around for a bit
>chuckle at all the younger guys freaking out about polities and the state of the world, ive been hearing this shit for years. nothing changes
>>30103149 >>30103163
>I remember these days as well, plus all the regulation in the 80s which IMO was mich scarier
>for all the pushing and pulling we've done I say we've gained a lot of ground, or at least "gun control" is just a buzzword people barely pay attention to, most just blindly agree but dont have the attention span to do anything else
>this generation is a bunch of gddamn pussies from poor parenting and its funny to see it start imploding
>I still carry a 1911 most days, I admit my glocks and HKs are "better" but theres just something right about the 1911 with my old ass
>>
>>30103836
Sure thing, kid.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.