[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ammo should I use to break in a 9mm? (CZ SP-01) First time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-05-29-04-05-37-1.png (879 KB, 1080x1052) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-29-04-05-37-1.png
879 KB, 1080x1052
What ammo should I use to break in a 9mm?
(CZ SP-01)

First time buying a unshot gun.
>>
>>30101250
CCI Birdshot, if it doesn't cycle you have a defective CZ and need to cut off part of your main spring.
>>
I'd use .40 S&W to loosen up the barrel a bit, then your 9mm will cruise right through.
>>
>>30101260
pretty much this, OP.
The CCI shot rounds reall help "season" and coat the internal parts, breaking them in faster.
Just be careful not to cut too much off of your recoil spring and to start off with just a little. Just shoot, cut, and repeat if necessary until your slide cycles through at least 20 rounds properly.
>>
If you aren't illegally modding your fun to fire full auto to give it a good break in then you aren't really into funz at all.
>>
>>30101260
>>30101274
I give you 3 Keks
But seriously, what ammo?
>>
File: 1451254903698.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2008) Image search: [Google]
1451254903698.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2008
>>30101305
If you're just trying to get it through a break in period just go with whatever is cheap, assuming it's not a piece of shit it should feed fine, and the most you'll have to deal with is a little extra cleaning.
Also, nice choice. Had the chance to get a sp-01 Shadow but decided to get a P226 instead. Might still pick up a cz later down the line, like maybe a Dan Wesson
>>
buy a box of each cheap 9mm you can easily get your hands on.

shoot whatever.

stick with whatever worked best/is the most accurate/stinks least
>>
>>30101250
Cheap practice ammo you dolt.
>>
Wal-Mart has Winchester white box pretty cheap. 100 rounds for 23 or 24 bucks and 200 for 45. At least in my town.
>>
>>30101439
This.
>>
>>30101250
Id use 9mm
>>
>>30101250
+p+ so it wears in faster
>>
See if you can't get it to cycle 20mm
>>
File: ek 7-21-15 am 009_0.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ek 7-21-15 am 009_0.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>30101250
Don't buy R.I.Ps, they're quite literally a R.I.Poff, terrible as defensive ammo and nonsense for plinking due to the cost.

Just buy some basic ball, try out a few various boxes and get a feel for what you like, and what seems reasonable in price, some Wolf or Blazer, some Winchester, maybe a bit of Federal and Prvi Partizan, and if you like to treat your gun, a box of Sellier & Bellot, relatively nice stuff.

Try some lighter grain stuff, and some heavier grain (subsonic) stuff, see how the recoil feels.
>>
Cheap FMJ for practice and breaking it in. If you're planning to use it defensively, run at least a box or two of your choice of ammo (Federal HST, Speer Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger, whatever) through it to make sure it functions properly.
>>
>>30103249
>try out a few various boxes and get a feel for what you like

>you'll be able to tell the difference between brands by feel

Fucking noguns I swear
>>
>>30101250
*an
>>
>>30101250
American Eagle by Federal.
>>
Buy ammo shoot ammo. Clean gun. Rinse repeat. Wtf is this break in shit people keep talking about? Anyone see the youtube video of that fucktard "breaking in" his ar by putting a brush on a power drill into the chamber?

It's a gun, make sure you oil it before shooting. Clean it when it's dirty and always oil it.
>>
>>30105841
Some components, like springs, may come from the factory a bit too strong for normal use, so running a couple hundred rounds through can fix that.
>>
>>30105841
Not OP
I clean my gun after every time I shoot it, but I don't usually have a ton of time at the range so I only shoot around 100 rounds
Is it worth cleaning after that little?
>>
>>30101250
You're asking the wrong question, OP. Breaking in is only a matter of the number of rounds fired. You should be asking, "What ammo results in the most accurate shots from my gun?"

Every gun is different, and every different type of ammo will produce slightly different results. You have to figure out the most accurate ammo for your gun through trial and error.

There is this, though: The original CZ-75 was made specifically for the S&B 124 grain FMJ 9mm cartridge. I'm not sure if that is the case with newer CZ's, but I'm pretty sure CZ still uses S&B ammo when test firing newly produced guns. Sellier & Bellot is a Czech ammunition company.
>>
>>30106040
I only clean my guns when they start to malfunction unless its my EDC. I put several thousand rounds through a USP9mm before I cleaned it. I always keep them lubed, but cleaning is a meme.
>>
>>30106926
You sir, are a retarded faggot.
>>
>>30106926
>>30106961
Hes not retarded I fucking hate cleaning my guns and do the same thing.
>>
>>30106961
Prove it faggot.

People only started cleaning their guns after every outing because of corrosive ammo. If you keep your gun lubed and don't shoot shit ammo, it will run for a long time before you have to take it down.
>>
File: 1458271725577.jpg (31 KB, 495x791) Image search: [Google]
1458271725577.jpg
31 KB, 495x791
>>30103977
can you not?
>>
>>30103977
ahahahahahahah are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>30106926

>be me
>own a 9mm hipoint carbinE
>haDnt cleaned it in about a year
>shot it the other day
>wouldn't cycle
>take it apart
>residue and fouling out the ass in the extractor and bolt face
>striker covered in crap
>drown it in hoppes lubricating oil
>get high
>so fucking high
>gun starts talking to me
>anon-kun...w-why do you never clean me
>im s-srry hipoint-chan
>get ram rod and patch
>I'm now fully erect
>start sensually running my hand over her barrel
>anon-kun i~
>shhh hipoint-chan
>cover rag in hoppes #9
>get even higher
>whole body is tingling
>insert the ram rod into her hot little bore
>anon kun I've never felt that way before~
>run it all the way up and down her bore multiple times
>she starts squeeling
>I'm givingy raifu intense pleasure
>stop
>run the patch over her ejection port
>anon kun-dont~
>so high and horny Idgaf
>i-I eject from there
>I feel my cock twitch
>I come

Always clean your guns
>>
>>30107067
inb4
>hippie
>degenerate
>criminal
>against the law
>drugs r bad mmmkay
>>
>>30107067
>Hipoint owner

I rest my case.
>>
>>30101250
What the fuck kind of gun needs a break in lmao.
>>
>>30107067
what
>>
Corrosive Soviet surplus, of course.
>>
>>30107067
>Getting high off lubricating oil

Hoppes oil is literally mineral oil.

You're a dumb asshole, and your greentext was shit.
>>
>>30101399
This. I broke mine in with Tula steelcased from walmart. 100 rounds for less than $8 and it works like a dream.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.