[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bayonet thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-05-28-23-44-03.png (273 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-28-23-44-03.png
273 KB, 1080x1920
Hey guys. Want a bayonet for my 20" A2 style AR but don't really want to spend $60ish bucks on a real one. How much hate would I get for this?

>or does anyone know of good deals on real bayonets?
>>
/k/'s gonna hate no matter what you do.

Have you tried your army surplus store? I can find pretty good deals there.
>>
File: IMAG0427.jpg (3 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0427.jpg
3 MB, 1520x2688
>>30099482
There's not one that I know of around here.

>my cetme with bayonet
>>
>>30099454
Just get the Ontario.
It's pricey, sure, but it's better than cheaping out and having your "bayonet shaped object" break if you try and poke something with it and having to replace it.
>Buy once, cry once

Look around though, too.
It's Memorial Day weekend, someone has to have a sale going on.
>>
>>30099454
all the m9 bayonets under 60 are knockoffs made of crap steel
all the real ones are 100+ unless you get a deal
>>
I bought a real OKC one, it's something I'd definitely recommend. Don't expect it to be razor sharp but it's a fun knife and it's probably about as effective of a hammer as it is a weapon. Plus they're made well
>>
>>30099631
>Buys a bayonet
>Expects a knife

Most, if not all, bayonets are not meant to be knives.
Knives are typically for slashing or cutting.
Bayonets are for stabbing.

There are some modern day field knives that pull a second role of being a bayonet, but mostly a bayonet is a bayonet, and a knife is a knife and neither the twain shall meet.
>>
>>30099685
No shit Sherlock, that's why I told him to not expect a knife. Where exactly did you interpret I was at all disappointed with my purchase? It's a 100 dollar slab of steel designed to push through someone really well. It also has the side benefit of being a good hammer too
>>
>>30099454
Would this fit on a Norinco M305?
>>
>>30099685
m7 great as bayonet shit as field knife
m9 shit as bayonet great as field knife
okc3s great as bayonet decent as field knife but fuckhuge
>>
>>30099701
>Don't expect it to be razor sharp but it's a fun knife
I didn't say you were disappointed, but you did say said knife.

Wasn't trying to argue, was just pointing out that some people expect a knife when buying a bayonet.
My apologies.
>>
OP here, I don't really want to spend $100+. Don't really have a use for a big knife, just want a bayonet for fun. My CETME and my wasr both have bayonets and I'm looking into getting one of those sword bayonets for my enfield; though that one would probably be expensive because on a historical firearm I'd want to get a real one instead of a repro.
>>
>>30099786
Then get an Ontario M7.
They're about half the price of an M9.
>Think I gave ~$50 for mine.
>>
>>30099878
That's worth looking into, thanks!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.