[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HBO gungrabbin special
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 25
File: Katie-Couric.jpg (24 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
Katie-Couric.jpg
24 KB, 600x420
someone linked the Jim Sullivan reported saying "NO AR15 FOR CIVS" yesterday, so here's the correction. surprise surprise, gungrabbers falsify propaganda.

> Jim Sullivan Responds, He is NOT Anti-Civilian AR-15, HBO Selectively Edited the Interview
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/28/breaking-jim-sullivan-responds/

and opposition foolish enough to be recorded get portrayed as slackjawed morons, the footage is awful.
> Katie Couric Twists Pro Gun Groups Comments For Phony Documentary "Under The Gun"
http://www.ammoland.com/2016/05/unethical-journalism-couric-alters-words-vcdl-members/
>>
>>30099373
Anti gunners have to literally lie to make their points
>>
Can people stop being such pieces of shit and just admit when they're wrong? Or is it so ingrained in our DNA to have to be right all the time?
>>
File: 8rkrWlW.jpg (128 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
8rkrWlW.jpg
128 KB, 1000x800
>>30099459
admit when they're wrong? it's propaganda, it's not supposed to be right, it's supposed to deceive simple people
>>
There are powerful families that want to eliminate liberalism. They want to create states where the people are little more than capital and dependent on the state. While still maintaining the illusion of democracy and liberty.

Removing firearms from the general populace is something they need to do. Along with mass importation of third worlders to destroy ethnic, religious, and national identity.
>>
So where's the class-action lawsuit?
>>
>>30099373
Ausfag here.

Back when the big gun grab happened back in '96 my old man was a keen comptetion shooter. Had sponsers and the lot. He shot in the military rifle competitions we had and did pretty well.

The whole ban obvoiusly fucking outraged him and we went on protests amongst other things. I remember marching with him in a massive protest in Brisbane. (Which the media failed to cover entirely or only showed photos from before it started and after it finished to downplay the numbers).

He went on one laege radio show to do an interview. Being niave in media pr at the time he didnt record the interview himself.

The fuckers manipulated and edited the whole thing to make him come off as a moronic nutjob. Like mid sentance cuts and inserts from other parts of the interview, changing questions asked etc. The fuckers really did a number on it.
So this does not suprise me at all.
Never trust these fuckers if you talk to them. Never give them the benefit of the doubt and record the whole exchange. Getting proper media training helps as well so you can make sure your answers are harder to deceptively edit.
>>
Reminds me of that time a man showed up at a black lives matter protest, WITH A GUN! Right after the incident in fergison.

The media only showed a zoomed, cropped picture of the mans gun. Completely failing to show it was a black man that had it.

Wish I had the picture.
>>
>>30099373
> Jim Sullivan Responds, He is NOT Anti-Civilian AR-15, HBO Selectively Edited the Interview
FUCKING TWEET THIS TO FOX OR POST IT ON FOX'S FACEBOOK. FUCKING NOW.

They love sticking it to liberal media lying. Let's use that.
>>
>Katie Couric
>Known for doing softball interviews and no real journalism
>Pretty much a mouthpiece for the domestic elite
>Aging out of her role as a pretty face that reads a teleprompter
>Anyone surprised that she's spending her last shreds of public credibility on a documentary financed by major producers that might make a nice nest-egg for pseudo retirement
>Political dynamite primed with her career

Some punches being thrown on screen for theatrics. Gun grabbers cheer and focus on this, the "muh 2nd amendment" types flip shit over it, and nobody notices what's going on behind the scenes.
>>
File: NamM16Family1_sml.png (1 MB, 594x848) Image search: [Google]
NamM16Family1_sml.png
1 MB, 594x848
>>30099589
you have to be your own media, incumbents don't smile on the opposition.
take your own pictures, post your own video.
>>
File: oy vey.jpg (173 KB, 919x777) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.jpg
173 KB, 919x777
>>30099744
didn't have to look that hard
>>
>>30099771
wow that A1 is fucking hot.
>>
File: Colt SP1.jpg (75 KB, 1500x359) Image search: [Google]
Colt SP1.jpg
75 KB, 1500x359
L A W S U I T

W H E N?
H
E
N
?
>>
>>30099688
Fox is owned and operated by the same people.
>>
>>30099865
never, they make people sign waivers before interviews.
always record media interviews yourself and make a raw footage request in the waiver.
>>
>>30099823
i wish they would put that much effort into jailing dindus that get caught with guns they arent supposed to have in the first place.
>>
File: NRTrEiX.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
NRTrEiX.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30099964
these are people that use them as an engine for $ and political power so... no.
majority of dindu firearm violations aren't prosecuted, probably for trial expedience's sake but it's still shit.
>>
>>30099373
The best part was high capacity magazines as anything bigger than 10 rounds.

That goal post moving.

When I got into guns at first I supported background checks and shit but then I realized the libcucks don't stop. Background checks is the first step[ and their end goal is to ban all fire arms.
>>
>>30100580
i like the "take your gun and use it on you" statistical fairytale

and yes it's impossible to find middle ground when they want to use the law as a weapon
>>
>>30099823
i dont understand the issue at all?
i mean they're are clearly professionals who do their job without bias and have nothing to lose by fairly covering an interview,i doubt their sponsors are overly concerned about gun matters i mean sandy hook is just a school they probably have educational reasons to fund them and mda simply want "action" which is slightly inappropriate but that has nothing to do with guns,i swear sometimes you guys see monsters under the bed.
>>
>>30100580
brought to you by r/gunsarecool
>>
>>30100825
gr8 b8

>>30100843
daily reminder /r/gunsarecool/ was made by an autist that got laughed out of /r/guns/ for posting airsoft
>>
>>30100890
well that explains a lot
>>
>>30100843
What the fuck? Why would a subreddit called gunsarecool be anti-fun? What a garbage website
>>
>>30100901
It's suppossed to be 'tongue in cheeck'
>>
>>30099373
Who even likes Katie couric? Most left leaning minorities hate her because all she does is parade around their problems and does nothing to help so white people can have something to talk about
>>
>>30100901
>>30100902
It is supposedly quote from some NRA dude
they are so autistic that they believe that every progun is NRA
>>
>>30100917
But that's most left leaning white people in general.
>>
>>30099373
>> Jim Sullivan Responds, He is NOT Anti-Civilian AR-15, HBO Selectively Edited the Interview
Why is this not trending at all?
>>30099879
Actually, the owners of HBO and Fox news are not the same. The people operating HBO and Fox are different too. CNN and HBO have the same big boss. Fox is with a different guy.
>>
>If there are no background checks for gun purchasers, how do you prevent felons or terrorist from walking into, say, a licensed gun dealer and purchasing a gun?
Isn't the answer just refusing service to people who are sketchy?
>>
File: 1431807219845.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431807219845.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
>>30100890
>autist that got laughed out of /r/guns/ for posting airsoft
source
>>
>>30100967
That's more of a joke on r/Guns.

Gabour and Townsley may or may not be the same person. I do not know.
>>
>>30100936
Owned and operated by the same people.
>>
>>30099373
Of course anyone in the gun community knew that's not what Jim Sullivan meant when he said that. He meant that civilian sales weren't merely a thought at the time.
>>
>>30100976
Rupert Murdoch's family trust owns 21st Century Fox which owns Fox.
HBO is owned by Time Warner which is now owned by Charter Communications, which is owned by some other dude altogether.
They have completely different staffing, because, you know, you can't operate two large conglomerates of that size in multiple countries with the same staff. The political beliefs are not even that close.
>>
>>30100988
Will they be able to have HBO retract the lie then?
>>
>>30099373
>the select fire M16 on full auto is of course more effective”

expensive*
>>
File: d36.jpg (131 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
d36.jpg
131 KB, 600x461
>>30100994
>The political beliefs are not even that close
>>
>>30099373
I really liked that guy in his forgotten weapons videos. What a bunch of cunts...
>>
>>30099504
Theyre even obvious about it to the point of ridiculousness.
>>
>>30101036

>inb4 /pol/ please go
>>
>>30101036
is cringy how /pol puts jews everywhere
>>
File: 1450631173996.jpg (100 KB, 356x600) Image search: [Google]
1450631173996.jpg
100 KB, 356x600
>>30101568
Jews are everywhere though. Everywhere there is corruption.
>>
>>30099504
This. So much this.
>>
>>30101589
whatever m8, as long as it makes you happy
>>
>>30100843
>>30100843
>redit

Kill yourself you flamming dick sucking homosexual
>>
>TFW you're otherwise liberal but pro 2A

I feel like that may be a uniquely Southern thing though. Even my friends that are borderline Communists own guns and we go out shooting and hunting all the time.
>>
So then, with all this information floating about, how can this shit be exposed? Maybe another television company (a small, independent one) would like to pick up an investigative piece exposing the bullshit.
>>
>>30101727

Liberals support more regulation, more state interference. Why would you make an exception for the 2nd Amendment?
>>
>>30101851
Because he is a woman, he wants the state to be his husband and support him but he still wants to play around and not do want his husband tells him
>>
>>30101727

If you're in the states, it likely has to do with risk aversion. For some reason, our middle class urbanites have a tendency to react negatively to any behavior that might cause negative outcomes, even if you must curtail personal choice to do so.

This is the same country that believed one solution to the obesity epidemic was to make large soft drinks an illegal substance. Give it time, anon. When we begin curing more genetic diseases and common accidental deaths become the leading cause of death, I have no doubt we will begin to see a push for prohibition of private swimming pools, cars that go faster than the speed limit, and even hard liquor again.
>>
File: 1462139218650.jpg (52 KB, 433x600) Image search: [Google]
1462139218650.jpg
52 KB, 433x600
We are all united goys! Let the hordes in, let us protect you by taking away your personal protection rights goy!
>>
>>30101895

I can no longer tell the difference between /pol/ and the people making fun of how hyperbolic /pol/ has become. It's incredibly frustrating.
>>
>>30101906
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's unironic /pol/

/pol/ isn't very self aware.
>>
>>30101906
Poe's Law.
>>
>>30101906
You have to ask though, is anything he said wrong?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal
>>
>>30101906
Jews and Muslims are the scourge of this earth
>>
>>30101906
Like fucking clockwork, you all try to discredit what's happening right before our eyes.
>>
>>30101870
Don't blame the rest of us for New York's faggoty laws. Here in the heart of the nation you can still fire full autos while eating a quintuple cheeseburger, and then wash it down with a gallon o' cola.
>>
>>30101956
>>30101972
>>30101980

What's the point in arguing? You guys are likely just pretending to be /pol/ anyway.
>>
>>30101997
Just go away with your faggottry please...
Also MAGA
>>
>>30101997
Arguing what? You only argue when someone is wrong, who is wrong?
>>
File: EyesOnly.jpg (89 KB, 1000x752) Image search: [Google]
EyesOnly.jpg
89 KB, 1000x752
>>30101839
>>
>>30100048
Criminal firearms violations are rarely prosecuted because to have a police state you need police. And to justify having police, there has to be a thriving criminal element. To have a thriving criminal element, you need to find something people want and make that thing illegal, which in turn creates a thriving black market. Certainly you'll arrest lawbreakers, but by and large you'll go easy on career criminals because you need them to supply the reason for a police state. The people you come down the most are the generally law abiding who have broken minor laws.

This is because the career criminals are not a threat to the status quo. They are part of the status quo. But the generally law abiding who realize the arbitrary nature of the law are a threat to the status quo and must be dealt with harshly to serve as an example to others would challenge the system.
>>
>>30102046
This is why a whore gets a lighter sentence than a john
>>
Share the firearm blog story everywhere, the couric one is already in the mainstream, get Hannitys attention with the Jim Sullivan story
>>
>>30102071
Exactly. Or why ol Dontray up there gets probation when he should have put in jail for 150 years on all charges while an army reserve officer whose worn out AR-15 slamfires is sentenced to 10 years for "manufacturing a machine gun."
>>
>>30100995

HBO is so far left that I expect them to advocate for outright communism any day now. Fuck that network. I pirate all the GoT I fucking can.
>>
>>30101685

He's right, though. Jews are literally at the core of every socially corrosive political movement of the last 150 years. That's not /pol/. That's literal historical fact.
>>
>>30099499
Yeah, but what happens when their propaganda gets exposed as a lie? Doesn't that backfire?
>>
>>30102153
>but what happens when their propaganda gets exposed as a lie?

The people that eat the propaganda in the first place are not listening to the media that discredits the propaganda.

Nobody watching an HBO antigun propaganda piece and sitting there eating it up is going to switch over to fox or turn on patriot radio, they are going to get on facebook or watch MSNBC and sit in their echo chamber talking about how great that "documentary" was that exposed the AR15 for the evil babykiller it is.

If any of these people accidentally come into contact with any media or people that disagree with their worldview they will brush it off

>oh, they are just rethuglican gun lobbyist NRA members
>oh, it's just Fox
>you are just lying

The best thing you can do is spread it to as many progun outlets as you can so that progunners can cite jims retraction in arguments.
>>
>>30101860

Actually I want the safety nets that kept my mom, brother, and I off the streets when my dad died when I was 4 to be in place for future people that might need it.

All the Republicans that run for office here are tea party batshits who want to dismantle the very thing that kept me from having to live in a car and eat trash until my mom was making enough money to buy a house and keep food in the fridge.

I literally came from nothing and worked my way up to being part-owner in a successful restaurant but I'll give credit to the government for keeping my ass off the street when I was younger so I didn't end up smoking meth and holding up 7/11's like some of the other poor kids I went to school with are doing now.
>>
>>30102168

NPR covered it. Not sure that anyone people the same age as Jim Lehrer listen to the actual news portions anymore.
>>
>>30102153

They broadcast to a liberal echo chamber. Nobody even hears that shit but the opposition. It's the same with the conservative retards who still think Obummer was born in Kenya and worked as a gay prostitute. Of course that shit is wrong. But it doesn't matter because they never hear the proof on Fox news.

Thanks to our fucked up media, the two political factions in this country are drifting farther away from each other every day. We're already to the point that our government is basically nonfunctional. Eventually we'll either crumble into dust or outright Balkanize. Personally, I'm hoping for the latter. Maybe Hillary as president will be the impetus for that.
>>
>>30102172
Or the government could stop assfucking the economy and your mother would have had an easier time finding a job.

I grew up pretty poor and you know what happened when we were dead broke?

The community pitched in, anonymous people from church or the neighborhood would leave us a box of food and clothing and nobody called a corrupt bureaucracy to force the money from their pockets to pay for my families mistakes.

>I want the government to force people at gunpoint to feed me

get fucked statist POS
>>
>>30100963
But Anon, gun dealers are clearly unethical people only interested in making money and will gladly sell to absolutely anyone.
>>
>>30100963
The correct answer is a question

Why are we letting people too dangerous to buy a gun back on the streets?

either these people have paid their debt to society or you let them out because of your bleeding heart and now you admit they are too dangerous for society.

All ex felons should regain their rights when their debt to society has been paid, if you think that a felon is too dangerous to own a gun then he should not be let out of prison in the first place.
>>
>>30099408
Such scumbags. Do not let these people win. Fight the good fight.
>>
>>30102172
>>30102204

I can see both sides. Sometimes, welfare and the like help people who legitimately need it. Most of the time, it ends up as bait for illegal aliens or permanent income for useless niggers.

I'm not opposed to the government using my money to help people, but it needs to be there to HELP people. Not support them. Want free college? No problem. First, you're going to keep a GPA of 3 or higher. Secondly, you're going to major in something we need you to major in. Women's Studies? Ah, no. Electrical Engineering or fuck off. Want to be a career student? Get another sugar daddy. Want government housing/EBT/welfare? No problem. You're working 40 hours a week. Can't find a job? We'll find you one, no problem. We'll have you down in the city parks painting everything that stands still. Don't like that? Well, Lowe's has refrigerator boxes out back and there's overpasses everywhere. Get fucked.

Of course, the first time you demand that niggers actually work for a change they all scream racism and that's that.
>>
>like the most deadly assault rifle in history the AK47

>picture of nazis with STG44s
>>
File: anarchist.jpg (15 KB, 220x296) Image search: [Google]
anarchist.jpg
15 KB, 220x296
>>30102204

We won't need government coercion, because the commune, I mean community will share of their own free will...

I've heard this utopian fiction before, anon. But at least he wasn't anti-gun, I guess.
>>
File: 1464458258895.png (158 KB, 457x499) Image search: [Google]
1464458258895.png
158 KB, 457x499
>>30102234
>>30102246

>I'm not opposed to the government using my money to help people,

The problem I have with this IS the government.

Lets say you have a poor neighbor down the street, lets call him ted.

And you have an asshole on the block , we will call him chuck.

Ted is currently going through some rough times and can't afford to pay the rent and feed and clothe his family.

Would you rather petition your neighbors to pitch in to aid ted with food and clothing donations..

Or should you make a pact with Chuck where he holds you at gunpoint, demands a substantial portion of your income or he will kill you if you resist, then he takes said money and spends large portions of it on waste fraud and abuse, useless financial ventures and fighting with multiple streets half way across the neighborhood.

But chuck promises he is the most effective way of feeding Ted.

> I mean community will share of their own free will...

They did and do.

What is charity?

Ron Paul is an exemplary example of this and it still occurs today outside of medicine even with the corrupt government stealing vast portions of income.
>>
>>30101727
I feel your pain, to a degree.

Is it really impossible that we could have guns and gay rights? Or personal liberty without it bending to the whims of a religious base?

I'm more a moderate conservative than anything but I hate how polarized every topic has become, you're either an ultrapatriot or a commie traitor, with no middle ground and almost every topic is on one side of the line or the other.
>>
>>30102278
>Is it really impossible that we could have guns and gay rights? Or personal liberty without it bending to the whims of a religious base?

You guys know the libertarian party had a debate last night right?

Their candidate only needs 15% to get on national debates and Johnson got 11 or 12 in 2012
>>
>>30102274
Your right

except heres how it actually works

After taxes the state and local and federal government probably takes an average of 40-50% of your total income. You dont notice it but all the small things they tax build up immensely. Plus you pay for roads and tolls and buildings and services THEY ALREADY TAXED YOU TO MAKE.

So you are triple and quadruple paying for services you may never use, which are then run for profit, and the "excess" tax money is literally funneled into corporate pockets who then donate to the politicians who want to increase the flow of state-sponsored free money.

Its a fucking scam.

You could do a national 5% sales tax and pay for every necessary public service and road in the united states.But this would require cutting useless bullshit like welfare for people who can work but do not, welfare for illegals, free services and clinics which go completely unused, the TSA the ATF and consolidation of the hundreds of federal law enforcement agencies with overlapping jursidiction.

Not to mention that after income taxes are removed you would experience an immense upswing in economic growth and business.... which makes you more tax money.

Right now taxes are stifling development and killing businesses which actually matter (ie small business) but this is of course because of political interest to fuck you over because competition is a sin.
>>
>>30102289

Libertarians have no idea how an economy work though.
>>
>>30102307
Moron detected.
>>
>>30102307
What?

You know what the definition of insanity is? Thats what the socialists and the rep/dems are putting forth.

More of the same hasn't been working friend.
>>
>>30102307
And the people currently destroying it do?

libertarians believe the government should get the fuck out of the economy.
>>
>>30099373

For as much as people are saying that liberal media is too much of an enclosed shithole to call them out, they forget that Dan Rather got fired from CBS for the fake Bush memos, and that Brian Williams was "temporarily terminated" for lying about his experiences in Iraq.
>>
>>30102361
yet they can lie about guns every day and nobody gets fired.
>>
>>30099504
I used to think this was conspiracy theory bullshit.

but ive seen way to many conspiracies materialize as truth over my lifetime
>>
>>30102361

Both of these lies were told by major media outlets about the US government during a time of war, when the government could have easily fucked those networks' ratings by simply shutting them out of the loop in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It's a bit different when the government is part of the reason for telling antigun lies in the first place.
>>
>>30099670
or the time they made zimmerman white and only showed trayvons kid picture?
>>
>>30099688
rupert murdoch is NOT a frieng of the firearms community

send it to brietbart or glen beck
>>
>>30102274

Here's an anecdotal example:

I, along with my business partner, opened a small grocery in one of the "food deserts" in our city. We sell good quality produce and meats. Not organic, but vegetables from farms around here and other items from our kitchen that are perfectly edible, but not necessarily up to the standards we like.

More than half of the people that come in every day pay with EBT/Food stamps. I make it a point to try and talk to every person that walks through that door and yeah there's a handful of welfare bums but the majority are people that have fallen on hard times, or people that were born there and see no way out. The city govenment here is run by old money white people who want to make sure this neighborhood (85% black) is "contained" and actively work to do so.

I employ, at any given time, six or seven people ranging from teenagers to mid 40's who almost all live within a few blocks of my store. They are the hardest working people I employ and we've even moved some to our restaurant and given them positions both front and back of house and they excel at them.

Many of these people would be literally on the streets without government assistance and as much as people love talking about "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps" most of them have never had to experience the soul-crushing torture that is actual true abject poverty. It's a cycle of desperation, depression, and mental illness that is very hard to come out of even for the most motivated people.

My taxes (personal and business) go to welfare and I'm pretty fucking OK with that. Even if for every one family in true need there were 50 lazy motherfuckers (Which isn't true at all) I'd still happily continue supporting welfare so that one family won't fall through the cracks.

It's called having compassion for your fellow humans and if we as a society can't manage that we may as well go back to living in the desert and worshipping the Sun as God like savages.
>>
>>30102486
Yeah, those were good times.
>>
>>30102542
>It's called having compassion for your fellow humans

I can have compassion and decide when and where to be charitable with my earnings, holding me at gunpoint if I refuse to participate in your definition of compassion by giving a large portion of my income to a corrupt government is much more barbaric than my potential refusal to pay other peoples way.

You may be fine with being held hostage for charity, I would prefer it was voluntary you massive communist faggot.
>>
>>30102542

If I don't pay taxes for social programs I disagree with armed men will come to my home and imprision me.

Charity is suppose to be voluntary not coerced with threat of imprisionment (or death if I resist violently).
>>
>>30102217
I whole heartedly agree with this post
>>
>>30102542
>>30102573
Also if not for the corrupt government programs holding down the people in these low income brackets removing any chances of upwards mobility there would be no need for the charity.
>>
>>30102573
You are litterally advocateing anarchism.
>>
>>30102573
>I can have compassion and decide when and where to be charitable with my earnings,

Yeah except a majority of people choose not to be and would rather see their fellow humans suffer in the streets than part with any of their money.
>>
>>30102609
>hurr liberty is anarchy

We did not have an income tax until 1916, were we an anarchist nation previous to this?
>>
this should be a civil lawsuit

the prosecutors should be the viewing public that had to sit and watch these lies

the charges should be spreading disinfo under colour of official news/media

start a fucking petition/mass email with the nra and other pro gun groups

have it spread like wildfire

The news media cant just outright lie and not be held liable for breaking some type of law

This counts as an infringement of some of our rights because it directly tries to manipulate public opinion with lies in hopes of changing our rights

This is obviously traitorous
>>
>>30102172

Your dad was irresponsible to not have life insurance. I pay $20 a month for $100k term life insurance so my family will not be destitute if I died.
>>
>>30102607

Programs that are upheld by Republicans going back to Ronnie Raygun feeding crack into the cities so they could lock black people up in for profit prisons.

There's corrupt people on both sides of the aisle but at least the Democrats try to give a shit about the disenfranchised.
>>
>>30100843
>bolt action can fire as fast as a semi-auto

Now I want to watch Travis Haley run a 1-5 drill ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hXV-Buvs1Y ) with an Enfield
>>
>>30102573

If it were voluntary nobody would volunteer and you know it.

I agree that welfare as life support for an entire social class who simply elect not to work is bullshit. But you need some sort of government intervention at some point lest the entire thing collapse into Somalia-tier shittery.

It's like the medical industry. Nobody wants socialized healthcare, but the free market is what got us to the point where a single dose of aspirin in a hospital costs more than the entire bottle would in a WalMart. There needs to be a series of fair cost controls enacted by the federal government that prevents the sort of price gouging you see today that has made health care essentially unaffordable for a huge segment of the population. But since the argument is dominated by retards who either want Maoist communism or free market fuckery, nothing is going to be done that actually works.
>>
>>30102610
>Yeah except a majority of people choose not to be and would rather see their fellow humans suffer in the streets than part with any of their money.

They should have the freedom to do so, but you have an overly negative view of your fellow man.

Charity existed before welfare and the welfare state is as any government program corrupt.

Stop the government from taking 40% of my income and I will gladly give some of it directly to those around me that need it as will many MANY Americans.

Just because you have an absolutist view either way does not make you correct

>hurr it's either Statist communism or dead babies in the street anarchism!
>>
>>30102633

Not that guy but 100k goes pretty quickly when you're a single mom trying to raise 2 young kids.
>>
>>30100843
>discredited NRA definition

you mean US government's legal definition? or the dictionary definition? or?
>>
>>30102637
>but at least the Democrats try to give a shit about the disenfranchised.

By keeping them as welfare voting pets and eliminating upwards mobility.

>If it were voluntary nobody would volunteer and you know it.

And it should be their right to do so, but again you are wrong.

>but the free market is what got us to the point where a single dose of aspirin in a hospital costs more than the entire bottle would in a WalMart.

No, government intervention caused that by preventing medical practice/drug companies to compete.

I find it hilarious that the government can fuck up any aspect of the economy and then people will blame the free market because the government blamed it.
>>
>>30102627
No one gonna reply mangggge people forget history
>>
>>30102654
>but you have an overly negative view of your fellow man.

Big orange inheritance baby Donald Trump just won the Republican nomination for president in a fucking landslide based on a platform of "hurr mexicans and muslims are bad durr" and got votes from a bunch of people who have probably never met a muslim in their life.

So yeah, I do.
>>
>>30102643

That is untrue I voluntarily drop a $20 in the church offering plate every week. On X-mad it's a $100.

I volunteer at the soup kitchen/food pantry every week. One of my jobs is to clean up the parking lot where the hungry poor people drive to in thier cars. They will just leave anything they don't want to eat on the ground of the parking lot. Frequently any food which is not ready to eat is left behind. The biggest draw is the day old bread and pastries from the over priced hipster bakery down the street.

There is a myth in America that working age, physically capable adults are going hungry (children and elderly are because of scum bag relatives).

I believe many people don't give because they think thier taxes cover it. I recall reading America still has higher charity donation rates then socialist Euro countries.
>>
>>30102674
Is this supposed to be an argument on charity?

>people voted for this guy I don't like so they would never give money to the poor if the government was not stealing half their money

Amazing reasoning and argumentation.
>>
>>30102656

Nah government will pay for my family if I die.
>>
>>30102678

I applaud you for this, I really genuinely do, but you're unfortunately not in the majority.
>>
Alert this nigga. He will report on it.

https://youtu.be/62xtKr9BX28
>>
File: 1464291483549.jpg (1 MB, 1948x1093) Image search: [Google]
1464291483549.jpg
1 MB, 1948x1093
>>30102637
You're a silly human bean

>>30102674
Bitch I lived in Turkey many years and Muslims are just as bad as niggers.

Fuck off, we don't want more welfare recipients.
>>
>>30102674

Muslims are bad I have been to thier countries and fought them. The ones I worked with lie constantly and are totally selfish and self serving. Islam is a political system masquerading as a religion. Subjugation and murder of infidels in a core belief.
>>
>>30102656
that's at least two years of living pretty comfortably and up to 4 years of living without gov't assistance if you stretch it

more than enough time to get on your feet and work your way up
hell, in that time, you could start as a line cook bitch at a restaurant at minimum wage and work up to the management level easily
>>
>>30102631
I think something like this already went to court and it was ruled that the news has no duty to tell you the truth because it's "entertainment".
>>
>>30102656

My wife already has a job making $60k per year. The life insurance is to put me in the ground and pay off my car and other expenses plus enough to pay off the remainder of house or come close. The loss of a income would be bad but not crippling. No one is going to starve if I croak. Sounds like the guy whose family had to live on welfare after dad died was living pretty close to the bone already.

Anyone who learns a trade or gets a degree should be able to make it financially. If you just went to high school and get no follow on training and expect to do ok you're in trouble.
>>
>>30102698
I'm commenting on people wanting to give the finger to dirt poor immigrants coming to this country to make a better life for themselves even though their ancestors were likely dirt poor immigrants who came to this country to make a better life for themselves.

Or, if they're from old money, they come from a family that made their money exploiting dirt poor immigrants who came to this country to make a better life for themselves.

It perfectly embodies the "Fuck you, I've got mine" mentality that pervades our society even if nobody wants to admit it.
>>
>>30102627
We did have taxes though.
>>
>>30102741
Wtffffff
>>
>>30102790
They come here strictly for our gracious benefits and never plan to stop abusing them.

How about if your really about people using the programs to work their way out of poverty, back a program that doesn't allow the monies our US government gives them to be wired directly to their families in central america.

They are bleeding us dry and we allow it. There needs to be stricter rules behind Givin free money for broke asses.
>>
>>30102542
>It's called having compassion for your fellow humans and if we as a society can't manage that we may as well go back to living in the desert and worshipping the Sun as God like savages.

sure, compassion is definitely a good thing
but it is not compassionate to take money (ultimately at gunpoint and under threat of imprisonment) to give to the needy
it is only compassionate to give money out of your own pocket

if you want to make an argument for gov't sponsored charity/welfare, that's fine, but the argument must stem entirely from social utility for taxpayers not receiving such assistance
any argument based on compassion or charity is illegitimate because charity must be given freely and compassion is a feeling felt by an individual
>>
>>30102741
This just gives us more ammo. Now we have a court decision saying the news can be fabricated for entertanment purposes

Put that in the petition

Maybe we can kill 2 birds with one stone
>>
>>30102784
>is to put me in the ground

protip, have your family burn you out back.

wood is cheap

>>30102790
Immigration would not be such a big issue if we were not waging a drug war and did not live in a welfare state.

>>30102799
On consumption, not production.

Taxing production leads to less production and restricts upwards mobility.
>>
>>30102843
>waging a drug war

That we started so we could put black people in prison
>>
>>30102784
they did a study, basically, anyone who graduates high school, works full time, and waits until marriage to have kids will ultimately live above the poverty line
>>
>>30102909
>waits until marriage to have kids

Thanks to shitty sex ed a lot of people don't know how to do this. The neighboring county to mine has some puritanical abstinence only sex ed and has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the state because they won't teach kids to wrap your bald band leader before you send him marching in the pink parade.
>>
>>30102930
pssh, I had one worse
the sex-ed I was given used some bs statistics to imply condom usage was linked with STDs
they showed pure numbers of STDs compared to pur number of condoms sold

gee, the population went up from 1970 to 2010 and the total number of syphilis cases went up? must be condoms
>>
>>30102947

Comprehensive sex ed combined with free birth control subsidized by the government would be cheap as fuck and one of the most beneficial social programs in this country but thanks to the government selling out to the religious right for votes it will never happen.
>>
>>30099499
That's a nice battle weinie
>>
>>30102873
You have a small worldview if you think only black people do drugs
>>
>>30102841
I mean, its something we'd have to look into, but I've heard of this ruling a few times. The media will always have bigger and better lawyers and much more money to defeat anything that comes up, though. We've been so complacent for so long that legal battles won't really do much at this point. You either vote with your money or with weapons and we aren't living so uncomfortably yet that either of those are good options for most people.
>>
>>30102217
This so much. If you have to treat them like a second class citizen, then they probably shouldn't have been released to begin with.
>>
File: 1449964123971.png (55 KB, 257x325) Image search: [Google]
1449964123971.png
55 KB, 257x325
>>30103024
I honestly can't differentiate between bait and genuine retardation anymore
>>
>>30103225
You're the retarded it seems.
>>
>>30103156
True
>>
File: 1452902707198.gif (920 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1452902707198.gif
920 KB, 245x230
>>30103272
>You're the retarded it seems
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 320x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 320x227
>>30100967
That's not a top cat, this is top cat
>>
File: 1268959035075.jpg (20 KB, 253x241) Image search: [Google]
1268959035075.jpg
20 KB, 253x241
>>30103285
>>
>>30101568
Yeah, but Jews aside, that cartoon isn't wrong.
>>
>>30102643
Before Welfare, people joined charitable societies like the Moose Lodge or Ellsworth Club or the Lions Club. Charitable societies looked out for members of their communities and also allowed members who fell on hard times to maintain their pride, since they were part of the club and had made contributions and helped others, it wasn't begging. It was a mutual support system. It also gave people an excuse to get together and party, too.
>>
>>30102643
>but the free market is what got us to the point where a single dose of aspirin in a hospital costs more than the entire bottle would in a WalMart

In a hospital, that aspirin is given to you by a nurse making $30-60 an hour under the supervision of a physician making $150-250 an hour. At Walmart the bottle is stocked and rung up by genetic failures making $8/hr.
>>
File: memeing.jpg (262 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
memeing.jpg
262 KB, 1280x960
>>30099504
>tfw it may not matter within my lifetime on account of 24-hour drone overwatch and autonomous armed Big Dogs
>>
>>30101906
I remember the very first days of pol, it used to very multicultural with a vast variety of political views though the libertarians made up the majority at about 60 percent of posters. There was still racist and antis emetic posts but they were usually of the hurler did nothing wrong guys lol amiright /b/? Variety. Then about four years ago the mods decreed that anyone who wanted to talk about the election had to go to pol, flooding the bird with traffic and outsiders. When the lectionaries was over it created a vacuum that was filled by storm flags mistaking what had been satire for actual beliefs. They drowned out the lolbertarians paulbots and randroids with their vitriol and forced the other posters to retreat to their home boards in a downward spiral as they became more and more outnumbered, creating the hug box we see today
>>
>>30102071
Uh going after whores is about as useless as going after heroin addicts. Like Wtf is prison going to do for them. When America took over the Panama Canal from the French they stopped trying to treat malaria and instead drained the swamps to get rid if breeding grounds for Mosquitos. This simple lesson is something that the American justice system has yet to learn
>>
>>30102179
Is it bad that I regularly listen to npr?
>>
>>30103327
>implying a nurse or a doctor should or would be making that much if insurance companies hadnt rigged the game and shitted up the tangled gordion knot that we call healthcare law in the USA
>>
>>30103327
Last time I was in the hospital, and asked for a breakdown of my bill, my insurance company was billed for my ibuprofen, AND billed for the nurse and physician. And an anesthesiologist that I never saw. Same with several other products and people. All in all, about 4000 dollars was pure nonsense, but my insurance just paid it anyways. But yeah. System totally isn't broken.
>>
>>30102179
You can't reason with people that think taxation is theft and think the social contract is something that you literally have to sign yet have no understanding of tacit consent
>>
>>30103327
Doesn't change the fact that hospital visits are getting way too fucking expensive these days and if you don't have healthcare of any kind you're basically fucked for some time if you need a hospital visit. I'm not sure what the answer is, but the system we currently have isn't it.
>>
>>30102678

Now while I am a statist bootlicker that wants to prevent Iron Heel from becoming reality, I can completely agree with this point.

Especially in the South, philanthropy is alive and well. The US has the largest amount of per capita charity donations on the planet. This is a good thing, and quite frankly I don't see it changing anytime soon.
>>
>>30102784

4 year college out of high school is a fucking sham.

I was laying brick at 16, bought my first house at 18, 3 months before I graduated, renovated it myself, and at 19 sold it for a 30k profit and bought a nicer home that I currently live in.

Uncle Sam is paying for my school now, that all my shit is in order.
>>
>>30103595
>I was laying brick at 16, bought my first house at 18

when? fucking 1950?
>>
>>30099373
>Jim Sullivan reported saying "NO AR15 FOR CIVS"

That never happened. He is backtracking because he endangered his commercial prospects with unguarded, earnest comments.

>the select fire M16 on full auto is of course more effective

This is how we know we are in the bullshit zone.

>effectiveness

He said lethality in the original interview.

He is not even back-pedalling in the right direction. He spoke the truth the first time and is having to try some damage limitation because the firearms community is incredibly dumb and incredibly sensitive.
>>
>>30103686

Skilled trades are kind of a secret I guess these days since so many kids are pushed hard on college.

I am an elevator mechanic. I make $32 ($66k per year straight time) an hour and live in a low cost of living area in the mid South of the USA in a medium sized metro area of 1 million people. The guys in NYC and other big cities obviously make quite a bit more.

My apprenticeship was 5 years long. I was paid the whole time at half a journeyman's wages and and got a 10% pay increase every year as long as I passed my tests.

A college kid doesn't start making money till he graduates generally speaking.

Unless you are getting a STEM or Medical degree college can be a waste of time and a huge debt burden.
>>
>>30103024
free contraception?
there are two end results
one, free market contraceptive options die in the face of unbeatable competition
two, once other free market options are gone, remaining gov't contracted contraceptive manufacturers are free to jack up prices

real sex-ed in schools is aight though
>>
>>30103800

Requires sweating, getting dirty and lifting heavy things.
>>
>>30103800
even with that much money per year you would still not be able to afford a house in the current market.
>>
>>30103828

I seem to afford my house payment every year what are you talking about? I live in Tennessee dude. You can buy a nice middle class house here for $150K.
>>
>>30103024
>free birth control
>subsidized by the government
The government gets "their" money from taxpayers (You).
So in reality its not free because everyone is paying for it.
>inb4 only rich people will pay for it
>thats never how it actually works
>>
>>30103024
Do you want to pay for peoples birth control so they can fuck like rabbits?
I don't

But your still free to pay for it.
>>
>>30103562
>if you don't have healthcare you're basically fucked for some time if you need a hospital visit.

I hate this meme.

I work as a nurse and 90% of the people in the ER are poor niggers that have cuts bumps or bruises and no insurance, not even Obamacare.

So we are clogged to fuck so when someone has an actual emergency we have to waste beds on people who literally get FREE immediate healthcare.

We HAVE TO treat them regardless, so we treat them and send them a bill which they will never pay. And they can keep doing this because they don't care if they have horrible credit because they still get paid anyways.

Liberals are so out of touch with reality it's terrifying.
>>
>>30103838
He lives in a big metro area and has no concept of what things cost outside fuck-you-with-taxes-and-costs-land.
>>
>>30103806
Hasnt happened where I live.
The rules for free contaception are:
>Be under 25 years old.

Free market options are alive and well, prices have stayed the same.
>>
>>30103853
Id much rather pay for the birth control than their 10 babies.
>>
>>30102909
hey, that's me!
I graduated high school (and got some college), I work full time, and the wife and I didn't have any kids (won't either. Cancer sucks).
We have a house comfortably close to Austin, a truck paid off and a car that will be paid off in two years (or less), and are taking a trip to Florida in the fall, and will have money left over.
We both contribute to our 401k's (hers is matched up to 6%, but she contributes 9%, mine is only 3%). We have money going into multiple savings accounts, little here, little there. We eat well, can afford some nice things (such as the occasional new gun).
We're not rich, but we are comfortable for now. It would be better if taxes weren't constantly creeping up in our area because of the growth.
>>
>>30102641
If aiming at distant targets, the difference isn't very much.
>>
>>30103024

Women will fight the government to get subsidized birth control, and then fight the government to stay out of their reproductive rights.
>>
>>30103322
Don't forget the Masons

Or is that too NWO?
>>
>>30103950
pay off that car and don't get another title loan
and start investing some of that money; mutual funds, and such
then you're perfect
>>
>>30103435
nah, as long as you don;t use it as your personal echo chamber.
>>
>>30103881
Your healthcare system in general is shit tbqh
>>
>>30102930
>>30103024
>One reasonable guess is a lack of access to contraception. But Planned Parenthood, area hospitals, and Philadelphia's network of free clinics all offer family planning services, and these institutions are so well known in these neighborhoods that few have to look in the phone book to find the address. Furthermore, most say they used birth control-usually the pill, a condom, or both-at the beginning of the relationship with the baby's father. 15 But once there is an understanding that they've become an exclusive pair, he often abandons condoms because continued use would signal a lack of fidelity and trust. 16 And the same young woman who initially took a birth control pill each day, wore the patch each week, or visited the clinic for the "depo" (Depo-Provera) shot every three months suddenly decides that these practices are not worth the trouble.1'
>>
>>30101727
>Be socially progressive, people deserve respect etc etc
>Probably going to vote Democrat.
>I still don't understand how such 'enlightened' individuals can have such backwards views on self defense.
>>
>>30103566
My brother's wife got her Masters in social work up in NY, where the majority of programs are government sponsored. He got a job teaching for the Air Force in Montgomery, so she got a job at a hospital; doing social work. It was a huge shock to her to find that almost all the programs were based out of churches and other faith based organizations. All Charity based.
>>
>>30103435

I listen to NPR every day because there isn't any other radio news oput here in the sticks. The national BIG NPR are biased very liberal fucks and hate guns. I wouldn't give them a penny. They always have some old Jew from New York commenting on banning guns. I can't remember his name I just remember the last hit piece was about treating guns like a health hazard and making thier use socially unacceptable. Just like smoking.
>>
>>30103814
Fat Fetish Porn?
>>
>>30104051
Speaking of porn, I wonder what the best paid porn genre is
>>
>>30103997
That's the plan. Dealership keeps contacting the wife to "upgrade into a new car"; she told them to fuck off.
Credit card debt will be gone in the next two to three years too. A lot of it was paying for the wife's cancer treatment. That almost wiped us out, but we bounced back
>>
>>30104086
look into some of the more esoteric options for healthcare costs

there are health savings accounts that are tax protected and things like that
>>
>>30104004
Another meme
I am british and they are equally shit in the parts that matter
>>
>>30101568
I know, it's like they think wanting to take over the world is a purely Semitic thing. Even Pinky knows that's poppycock.
>>
>>30104190

Name a socially corrosive liberal progressive political movement of the last 150 years that wasn't conceived by and or championed by Jews.
>>
>>30102234
>First, you're going to keep a GPA of 3 or higher.
While a lovely idea this is just going to backfire. Colleges are already addicted to that sweet government money, if students lose their free tuition for going under a 3.0 GPA, nobody will be allowed to go under a 3.0.

And you better believe they'll increase tuition every year.
>>
Just because the other thread closed and I want to argue with an idiot
>>30097339
That's not who is in the electoral college you fuck. Take a second to Google something or once you enter into high school take a government class.
>>
>>30102643
>If it were voluntary nobody would volunteer and you know it.
That's bullshit and you know it.

>but the free market is what got us to the point where a single dose of aspirin in a hospital costs more than the entire bottle would in a WalMart.
The healthcare industry hasn't operated as a free market in decades. The asprin costs more in the hospital because the insurance companies have forced hospitals in to mandatory markups on things to force people into having insurance.
>>
>>30104048
I'm just a northeast ohio fag. They are pretty neutral MOST of the time. Unless something about women's wages comes on the radio
>>
>>30104048
I'm sorry to hear about your wife. That's rough. Keep living the dream anon
>>
>>30103806
Won't happen because free condoms are always absolute bottom tier in quality.

And also because they're always the basic stuff. No ribbed, no warming gel, no fancy vibrating cock ring, etc. And even more importantly it's always an average size latex condom with spermicidal lubricant, which makes them entirely useless to big guys, small guys, and those or the partners of those with the equivalent allergies.
>>
>>30099373
Ugly plastic face cunt, her face is like leaking fillers

she couldn't do the news
couldn't host a decent talk show
perfect time to bandwagon onto the antigun cause to save her career as a newswoman
>>
>>30104432

You know you just proved my argument, right? Like, the very point you were railing against was the one you just demonstrated.

Good job.
>>
>>30104575

Niggers won't use condoms because the State will always be there to pay for their offspring and nobody will ever hold them accountable because most negresses can't figure out who knocked them up in the first place.

Those rubbers could be grape and menthol flavored gold leaf and they would get used.
>>
>>30102172
>All the Republicans that run for office here are fiscal conservatives who want to reform entitlement spending before the program runs out of cash/another economic meltdown occurs because of rampant gov't borrowing causing a huge crowding out effect.
Ultimately it doesn't matter if welfare/social safety nets are a good thing, all that matters is that we cannot afford it. And no, the reason we can't afford it isn't because of runaway military spending. Entitlement spending is far larger and much more out of control than military spending.
>>
>>30099504
>eliminate liberalism
Yeah, except its the liberals that are doing it.
>>
>>30102172
A literal woman
>>
>>30101906

>IT HAS COME FULL CIRCLE
>>
>>30102674
Of the hundred or so Muslims I work with, only ~10 are decent human beings. Many of the rest barely speak English, but somehow have a firm grasp of "discrimination" and "racism" as words that will let them get their way. Ironically, of the or so good workers, most are either Egyptian or Iraqi. One or two Somalis are good workers who can be counted on.

I'm not saying Trump is right about everything, but my views of foreigners have changed drastically recently. Don't make the erroneous assumption that everyone's life experience is the same as yours.
>>
File: 1429763218237.jpg (358 KB, 938x960) Image search: [Google]
1429763218237.jpg
358 KB, 938x960
>>30099408
They always have.
>>
>>30104327
There's a college bubble coming. The same people who were warning of a housing bubble in 2006 are talking about the secondary education market imploding now.
>>
>>30102659
>>30100843

>discredited NRA definition
Wikipedia has at least 5 sources discrediting what GrC says.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle#Definition

That said, their rules are set up to be annoying to the point of provocation so that they can claim they got "downvote brigaded" or were being cordial while the Pro-gun person was seething.
>>
>>30106604
Can any anti gunners answer to this?
>>
File: 1442247869050.jpg (26 KB, 492x291) Image search: [Google]
1442247869050.jpg
26 KB, 492x291
>>30106710
Not truthfully.
>>
>>30105147
>Implying liberals are the same as right winged libertarians
Liberalism is nothing more than the first path to creae a communist society. Followed by that would be socialism and then communism.
>>
File: image.png (229 KB, 478x495) Image search: [Google]
image.png
229 KB, 478x495
>>30102289
>Voting for the Libertarian Party
get the fuck out
>>
>>30105147
liberalism has very little to do with modern American "liberals".
>>
>>30103302
I had a crush on Top Cat when I was a kid
>>
>>30102289
Too bad the LP doesn't represent libertarians.
>>
>>30106715
You have to have gone to college to be this stupid.
>>
>>30099823

Oh boy, is it time to play "funded by the ultra wealhy bingo" again?
>>
>>30103438
Yes, they should be making that much, because they bothered to go to school and learn their trade and provide a much needed service.
>>
>>30103108

You haven't opened up a history book if you think the drug war wasn't specifically targeted to black people. One of Reagan's aides literally came out and said it like two weeks ago.
>>
>>30102659
>>30106692
thier responce is that Wikipedia was infiltrated by "NRA gun nuts",
guess that oxford dictionary got infiltrated to
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.