[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D-EVO - how useful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Leupold_LCO_D-EVO_4-660x430.jpg (65 KB, 660x430) Image search: [Google]
Leupold_LCO_D-EVO_4-660x430.jpg
65 KB, 660x430
Aside from parallax error, how weird would shifting your view angle "just six degrees down" feel when aiming with both eyes?

Also, does it sit right coupled with non-square RDS (like the time proven Aimpoints)?
>>
Nobody on /k/ has one of these.

google
it
mother
fucker
>>
File: sajt.jpg (383 KB, 1737x1719) Image search: [Google]
sajt.jpg
383 KB, 1737x1719
>>30095868
picrelated solved the same problem and it is better
>>
>>30096001
>and it is better
you've personally handled both?
>>
>>30096001
What is that particular scope's name and what is that style of scope called?
>>
File: ee_concept_text.jpg (172 KB, 928x522) Image search: [Google]
ee_concept_text.jpg
172 KB, 928x522
>>30096070
>you've personally handled both?
nope, but the later look less money grabber
>>30096251
they are called bi focal sight
BI-focal sight EE 13,5х14 u
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rJG08ht1AI
>>
>>30096326
>russian scopes
I always had good exp with ruskie scopes. cheap yet they are decent and built like a tank.
>>
>>30095868
I work on a gun range and helped a guy zero his. it's fucking horrible trying to get proper eye relief on the lower portion. Also, the giant thing hanging off the side that is the rest of the scope is ugly as sin. Only leupold I've shot with that I don't like. If you want a magnified optic and a red dot, either offset mount or buy a mount for your scope that has a rail on it to mount a mini red dot. Cheaper and more effective imo.
>>
>>30095868
I don't think there is any real difference between this unit and mounting an RDS on top of a Spuhr. While I don't disagree with the theory, this implementation is odd, because I feel like the increased width of the unit can be really cumbersome. The only situation I could see this making a lot of sense is if you're working with severely constricted rail real estate.
>>
>>30096326
that optic ad gave me cancer. it was funny though
>>
I've played with one. It's neat as all fuck but holy shit if there isn't a lot going at once on the rifle
>>
>>30096326
what the fuck am i watching
>>
>>30096326
>$1500
Might as well just get an ACOG.
>>
>>30096588
Ever tried HAMR?
>>
>>30096326
It's the same way periscopes work - basically a string of mirrors angled a certain way to look at things at different angles than the direction you're looking.
>>
>>30096787
There is. In practice, you will have to change your cheek weld whenever you change from your scope to your RDS.

In theory, you will not have to change the cheek weld here - that's the selling point of it, you have to "just lower your eye six degrees".

That six degrees figure gets me deeply suspicious. With Bindon aiming, you can acquire the target with both eyes while your weapon is still down, and then bring the weapon (and the scope) up and almost immediately match the reticle with the target. There's even a kink where guys leave the front cap of the RDS closed and "match" the dot they see with the blind eye with the actual target they see with the open eye.

Now, with "just six degrees"... You still have both eyes on the target while you're looking at the upper portion (the dot). However, once you lower your eyes, your non-dominant eye acquisition is fucked, because it's now six degrees off. That's ten and a half yards at 100 yards, and fifty two yards at 500 yards.

So, if you're shooting with one eye open, this may be a good toy for you. If with both - sorry, no can do.

Interesting bit - the user manual for D-EVO is nowhere to be found.
>>
>>30097137
The exquisite sample of top notch Russian advertising.
>>
>>30096001
>headache-inducing CA
>even has CA on it's own reticle
>tube shadow even when aligned properly
>visibly terrible light transmission on a bright sunny day
>20 year old russian technology
How exactly is this piece of garbage better even than a BSA or Ncstar?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.