[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we revive the use of the 16 gauge in the United States?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: aaron burr.jpg (25 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
aaron burr.jpg
25 KB, 500x364
How can we revive the use of the 16 gauge in the United States?
>>
stick it up your ass and pull the trigger until it goes click
>>
Mass produce 16 gauge cartridges, start producing 16 gauge shotguns in regularity.

Create a demand.

Problem is, its a cartridge that either 12 or 20 gauge doesn't do.

Need less recoil because you competition shoot? 20 gauge (or more likely 28 if you're an Olympian). NJeed more shot? 12 gauge.
>>
>>30095622
Why? 16 gauge is shit.
literally no benefit over a 12 or 20.

shit, good loading for the 12 gauge made 10 gauge obsolete.
>>
>>30095630
8 year olds, dude
>>
File: 1427223453376.gif (938 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1427223453376.gif
938 KB, 500x250
>>30095646
>>
The only question is, why would you want to?
It serves absolutely no point when 12 and 20ga exist, apart from very very niche sports shooting where it reaches a nice balance in recoil impulse and performance.
>>
>>30095622
Sadly these posters are correct in that you really can't bring it back.
I have an old 16g single shot and finding ammo is a pain. The problem is most Americans dont care enough to do the research it takes to realize that 16g is a good round.
They've spent most of our lives being told a12g shotgun is a mans weapon and is all you will need. So they believe it.
When they go for something smaller the big box and gunshops tell them a 20 or 28 guage is the right thing cause they dont have any 16g shotguns.
Its just not possible to sway the minds of the general public enough to bring it back.
>>
>>30095622
so what was it that made the name "sweet sixteen"?
>>
>>30095622
Lets get people to start using 10 gauge first.
>>
>>30096618
Or 6. Maybe they'll import them Russian beasts.
>>
>>30096590
That whole paragraph is retarded, and filled with straw.

12 guage is the most popular because it's the most versatile, modern loads for it can tackle anything. people use it's slugs for hunting everything black bear and smaller, buckshot too, whare as for ducks and other migratory birds, it's loadings are the optimal for pushing steel shot high.

for people who are recoil shy or shooting ground birds, 20 gauge has taken the market for a reason, too.

i bet your'e the kind of cunt who cries about .223 being the most popular varmint cartridge instead of .17 HMR or .221 Remington Fireball
>>
Make 16 gauge shotguns more often, 16 gauge shotguns on their own receivers (or on 20's, anyway), and make 3 to 3 and a half inch (magnum) shells.

Basically what they did to 20 once they realized that 12 had advanced so far without 16 and 20 was more popular because mah chillinz.
>>
File: IMG_8335.jpg (2 MB, 2200x1467) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8335.jpg
2 MB, 2200x1467
>>30095622
>and I'm the damn fool that shot him
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.