[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2nd AMENDMENT EMERGENCY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: 1460417860079.jpg (47 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1460417860079.jpg
47 KB, 640x427
/k/, pls help. I'm prepared to go out tomorrow and buy my first gun. I live in California though, and the ten awful laws are apparently making their way through the state gov't.

Does anyone know enough about the laws and current situation to tell me if I would be able to? I know there's a 10 day wait or something, and after would they come knocking to confiscate my rifle?

God dammit, I only put this off for so long because I used to live in my parents' 'nogunzallowed' house and I've been struggling in my new apartment for a few months. I don't want to be left unarmed.....
>>
>>30088372
The best thing would be to not be in California, though then AZ/NM/NV/WA/OR/TX faggots will tell you to REEEEE GET OUT GET OUT because they think you automatically vote blue if you're from CA.

The next best thing would be to go to Washington, Oregon, or Arizona, buy the guns/parts you want and SHOULD be able to have, and bring it back to Cali. It would be civil disobedience, but few people are even going to see it if you also buy the ammo out of state and just shoot in the desert. At worst, you'd get a slap on the wrist and a wag of the finger from the likely-proguns sheriff if he catches you. Just don't let anyone see it in the city. That shit's a whole different ball game.

The third option is to buy something that adheres to the new laws, and buckle up for Diane's Wild Ride. Just be sure to buy something sturdy, accurate, and powerful-- you'll have to shoot it at the fascist pigs when they eventually come for your guns wholesale.

I'm sorry, Calibro.
>>
>>30088481
Well, honestly I don't have the time or money to go out of state. As far as a tube-fed, let's say, what are my options? I'm looking for a .22, waiting for Trump Administration to get an unhindered AR. plus then I'll know how to shoot.
>>
>>30088509
It's a state law, Trump cant do shit about it.
>>
>>30088524
>reaches supreme court
>thanks to Trump, 2 new justices are pro 2nd
law goes bye bye, and sets a precedent. SHALL NOT BE FUCKING INFRINGED
>>
>>30088372
Buy a Marlin 336 in 30-30, you'll thank me later

Watch more cowboy films too.
>>
>>30088509
>>30088372
Honestly. If you're still with your parents buy a few AR lowers receivers then you could get them as Registered Assault Weapons (RAW) during the grace period; in CA you can have a RAW with a detachable magazine and any accessories and be completely legal. As far as getting any other gun I'd get an SKS before they become gold over here.
>>
File: 1443747745289.jpg (663 KB, 1818x2544) Image search: [Google]
1443747745289.jpg
663 KB, 1818x2544
>>30088509
Marlin Model 60 is a good gun. Shot one once. Minor pain loading it, but it's fun, simple, robust, and accurate.

Consider a pump rifle, as well.
>>
>>30088555
Nice trips.

Is this a thing now? California has "registered assault weapons"?

What does LAPD use I wonder...
>>
>>30088524
Nonsense.

If Congress elects Trump (and consequently stays republican controlled) then it would be a simple matter for President Trump to guide a progun rights federal law through the NRA controlled Congress. Which would override state law due to federal supremacy assuming said federal law was written to nullify all state gun bans etc.
>>
>>30088574
Am I the only one who thinks the Walther G22 looks eerily like a Pancor Jackhammer?
>>
>>30088586
thank you.

>>30088574
i've seen the sticky, was thinking marlin 60 but it has a detachable magazine, which might become banned soon. what i need to know is what is the outlook for me if i go to the gun store tomorrow?

>>30088555
checked, and i would like to know more about this. consequences for RAW?
>>
>>30088600
yeah, you are
>>
>>30088586
>it would be a simple matter
IF he doesn't drop out of the race, like he has before. IF he doesn't decide championing 2A rights isn't worth the flak from some of his supporters. IF he's even pro-2A in the first place (remember, he supported the AWB.

The future of the Second Amendment is grim no matter who you vote for. It's just a lot less clear with Trump.
>>
>>30088574
Whoever made this probably never owned anything but a 10/22. The Savage 64 is great and the Browning 22 semi auto is finicky.
>>
>>30088629
>son is a huge hunter
>he CC's
>member of NRA
i disagree, but that's not the point of this thread. I'm trying to keep this as far from /pol/ as i can
>>
>>30088575
Typically in CA only rifles that were owned before the assault weapon ban (AWB) and that registered with the state are allowed. The AWB defines them by the number of "features" a rifle has. So you can have a "featureless" centerfire rifle with a detachable magazine. Any other part like having a pistol grip, barrel shroud, fore grip, etc. makes them an assault weapon under CA law. Now with a bullet button you fall under the definition of needing a tool to detach the magazine so you can have as many features as you want but not be an assault weapon. The new law redefines a detachable magazine by being necessary to disassemble the action in order to reload instead of just needing a tool. Now anyone with a centerfire semi automatic detachable magazine rifle will be able to register them if the law passes until 2018. Though this means you can remove your BB legally and do whatever you want with them but a CA assault weapon is not a federal assault weapon and cannot be automatic.
Probably not exactly what you wanted in your reply but just to educate the people of /k/ about CA laws.
>>
>>30088617
>What is the outlook for me if I go to the gun store tomorrow?
Not good, I'm afraid. If you don't want your gun to be a RAW, you're pretty much limited to milsurp/hunting bolt guns, pump-action shotguns, lever-action rifles, and revolvers.

Good luck, hombre.
>>
>>30088617
To add to my post
>>30088650
RAWs cannot be transfer to anybody or sold at anytime except to a gunsmith with an Assault Weapons License. Now if you were to make your AR-15 lowers into RAWs then after you die your rifles would need to be destroyed by the state of CA, and the only way to avoid that is if you have a will to legally transfer the RAW into somebody who lives out of state. But if you do get these lowers then you'll be 100% to do whatever you want with them as long as you only have 10 round mags and listen to any federal laws.
>>
>>30088682
gotcha. so no short-term consequences, as long as my rifle doesn't kill anyone? then I'm liable for using a RAW in a murder, even if it wasn't me who pulled the trigger?
>>
File: IMAG0443.jpg (4 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0443.jpg
4 MB, 2688x1520
>>30088372
you could buy my .22, im in 805
>>
Nothing has passed yet. Get an 80% reciver for an ar and tell no one.

Then jump ship and real to an actual American state.

I just bought my 80% so I can put all my current build on it in case this bullshit passes.
>>
>>30088697
With any firearm in CA you are liable for a felony if you did not put your firearm in a CADOJ approved safety device. Now you don't HAVE to have it on unless there is a possibility of somebody getting your firearm.
>>
>>30088715
>jump ship
not an option, I'm not French. Where does one get an 80% without telling anyone?

>>30088737
so the only real consequence is that my rifle is mine and it dies with me? that actually sounds kind of beautiful. she'll need a name though
>>
Not OP, but I'm looking at a Marlin Model 60 and I was wondering is I should get the normal wood stock model or the synthetic stock with a scope.
>>
>>30088575
>What does LAPD use I wonder...

Well, if AB 857 gets signed into law, nothing. As in, no guns of any description. I was wading through the mind-numbing text of the bill when I stumbled across this gem;

>3)Any firearms surrendered, transferred, or sold to a local law
enforcement agency pursuant to paragraph (2) shall be destroyed

I believe the intention is that LE destroys any guns confiscated, bought back, etc. It's badly worded, and has the effect of disarming every LE agency in the state.

I don't want any of these mega turds to get signed into law, but if one does I hope this is the one. The ensuing shitstorm will be cataclysmic.
>>
>>30088750
you can get an 80% anywhere. its finding the help to "advise" you to finish it can be an issue where you live.
>>
File: 1464032173641.gif (774 KB, 276x220) Image search: [Google]
1464032173641.gif
774 KB, 276x220
Well, Damn.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/uncategorized/breaking-assembly-committee-passes-4-of-5-anti-gun-bills/
>>
>>30088708
Didn't think anyone else from the 805 was on /k/, nice to know there are others of us out there.
>>
>>30089359
Write Fuhrer Moonbeam. He won't sign this shit if we ask him not to.
>>
>>30088555
or you could do what I did and buy an 80% lower and put all the scary features I want on it, I live innadesert so I go out in the middle of nowhere to shoot, I'm planning on saving enough to move to Nevada in a couple of years anyways.

Fuck Commiefornia and fuck its unconstitutional gun laws
>>
>>30088586
>congress elects trump
Opinion discarded go take a government class
>>
>>30088372
Fellow calibro, straight up get whatever you want to have right now. The government would have so many issues trying to confiscate millions of "assault weapons" from law abiding citizens. Not to mention most of them would be shooting at the dudes confiscating. If worst comes to worst, you can go out of state and get an 80% lower and make whatever you want in your garage. TL;DR- if you want a rifle of any type right now, buy it, otherwise it is gonna be a pain in the ass
>>
>>30088750
Just go buy one with cash at some local gun shop.

Ares armor is down in oceanside I believe if your in so cal
>>
>>30088708
>>30089676
My niggas.
>>
File: ares-defense.jpg (66 KB, 936x526) Image search: [Google]
ares-defense.jpg
66 KB, 936x526
>>30088372
got 900 bucks?
http://www.impactguns.com/ares-acr-sport-rifle-556-16in-barrel-magpul-moe-stock-5-rnd-mag-854118002544.aspx
>>
>>30090049
Is something like that even legal there?
>>
>>30088650
>Now anyone with a centerfire semi automatic detachable magazine rifle will be able to register them if the law passes until 2018. Though this means you can remove your BB legally and do whatever you want with them but a CA assault weapon is not a federal assault weapon and cannot be automatic.
no.

stop spreading this shit. the SB and AB both have no preclusions for allowing you to legally remove the BB after registering them as a RAW. they are creating a new RAW category entirely, much as what was done with .50 BMG firearms.
>>
>>30088574
>browning sa22 all the way down in just 'OK' tier
this whole list is retarded, dont follow this ranking OP, it was most likely made by poorfag nogunz
>>
>>30090284
cali fag here, yeah its legal as there is no pistol grip therefore its a featureless rifle and doesnt need a bb
>>
>>30088708
how much? is it on armslist?
>>
>>30090378
I would have thought it would be too scary looking, but neat. Glad you guys can still have some cool toys.
>>
File: GjavAXy.jpg (21 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
GjavAXy.jpg
21 KB, 480x270
mfw, all you faggots who think Trump isn't a Democrat in Republican clothes.
>>
>>30091533
You're right

I'll just vote for hillary instead
>>
>>30091925
This guy gets is
>>
>>30088481
>The best thing would be to not be in California, though then AZ/NM/NV/WA/OR/TX faggots will tell you to REEEEE GET OUT GET OUT because they think you automatically vote blue if you're from CA.
Because they are. Every Cali expat I have ever met in Oregon is anti-2A.
>>
>>30088586
>If Congress elects Trump
Typical Trumptard who doesn't know shit about how government works.
>>
>>30090384
http://www.armslist.com/posts/5502879/san-luis-obispo-california-rifles-for-sale-trade--rem--22-nylon-66
>>
>>30090384
ill take $300
>>
>>30095289
Because they left because of the housing cost and not because of the gun laws.
>>
If I buy a bolt action long gun, will I need to register it in california?
>>
>>30095807
All firearms are registered with the Cali DOJ at the point of purchase now. That way if there's a riot or an earthquake or something they can kick your door in and take it from you, like they did after Katrina.
>>
File: banning intensifies.gif (99 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
banning intensifies.gif
99 KB, 300x186
as far as legal options go, your best bet is to grab an M1 Garand and a shitload of ammo asap.
>>
>>30095289
funny, I found the opposite to be true. Maybe it depends where you are in Oregon.
>>
>>30096869
I'm in Portland, so that probably makes a difference. There probably aren't a lot of turbo-liberals moving to places that aren't Eugene or Portland.
>>
>>30089715
>>30095303
>What is the Electoral Vote.

Oh everyone in the House and Senate aka Congress.

Niggas....what? Y'all need to learn how American government works dumbshits.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.