[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ CMP group?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (38 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38 KB, 300x225
Hey guys,

Do we still have an active CMP group? I bought an M1 in 2013 through the old group but I believe my membership has expired. Any recommendations to renew my membership? I'm in the CA area if that matters. Trying to get some surplus on the relatively cheap as I haven't been able to shoot my Garand in a while.

Will post pictures of it when I get home from work as well :D
>>
>>30085180
Isn't the cmp sold out of garand anyway?...
>>
File: 1463278228620.jpg (186 KB, 1297x977) Image search: [Google]
1463278228620.jpg
186 KB, 1297x977
>>30085205
No, another anon said that they're just re-updating the website, so they have plenty in stock.
Still, the /k/ CMP group would be great for all dem 1911's.
>>
I am currently waiting for a service grade that was ordered in mid February. CMP still has rifles but field and service grades are on backorder while the armorers are working on building up their stock. If you want a special grade, those are shipping much faster with a 2 week turnaround approximately. Sorry op, don't know about the old /k/ garand group
>>
Sorry guys, when I said surplus I was referring to the surplus 30-06. I already have the Garand, CMP just used to have a good deal on Korean Surplus
>>
>>30085342
Anon hate to break it to you but we arent getting the 1911s or at the very least enough to go around.
>>
>>30085180
Funny enough I know someone will be upset today. I have someone's cmp order in my fedex truck right now.
They were not home for the delivery and they either have to pick it up or get it Tuesday.
>>
>>30085180
You can pay $25 and become a member of the garand collectors association. That's what I did.
Now from what I can tell on the cmp forums my order should be shipping in the next week or so.
>>
>>30085180
/k/lub as been dissolved since 2012 and membership with the club has been invalid with cmp since 2014. The new club that the guy running nuggetfest was going to start never went off the ground.

>>30085342
CMP has sent out a mass email stating that they are not accepting orders for most grades for about 6 months, or until they catch up.

>CMP posted Friday, May 13, 2016, that we are not accepting orders for RM1SPECIAL, RM1SERVICE and RM1FIELD. Any orders postmarked on or before May 16, 2016, will be accepted. We are in a backorder status for all of the rifles listed. It may take 6 months or longer to fill those orders. Once our backorder log is filled, we will open sales for these rifles again. We currently have M1D's and M1C's available for purchase and ready to ship.

>>30085713
CMP sells greek and US surplus ammo (which occasionally has Canadian ammo mixed in). CMP has never sold Korean ammo, since they don't have access to it (even thing they get is from DoD. Koreans never lend lease these sort of things.) Korean ammo was available at other stores a few years ago.

You are better off just buying PPU garand ammo at this point, since CMP raised their prices anyway.
>>
File: 040.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
040.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30085180

Anyone have an idea when they'd be back up for sale? Cause I'm debating about like, 4 different firearm options right now but if I could get a Garand I would.
>>
File: k CMP comes to an end.jpg (60 KB, 1334x389) Image search: [Google]
k CMP comes to an end.jpg
60 KB, 1334x389
>>30085180
No, unfortunately the /k/ CMP is kaput. I found the forum they were using in hopes of getting in touch with the old Admin but he's gone as well. When the range gets finished in Nevada I wanted to look into using it as the designated range needed for the CMP group, then reinstate the /k/ CMP.
>>
>>30085720
We'll get the 1911s within 10-12 years according to my friend that works at the CMP South Store Warehouse in Oxford.
>>
>>30085720

The last barrier was the fact that there wasn't a Secretary of the Army for the longest time.

Now there is, he should sign the transfer of the firearms to the CMP (unless there's Obama niggatry), and then the CMP just needs to process and classify them, making >>30085805 sound rather realistic as an estimate
>>
File: k cmp.png (305 KB, 504x503) Image search: [Google]
k cmp.png
305 KB, 504x503
>>30085772
>The new club that the guy running nuggetfest was going to start never went off the ground.

Hey dude, I'm surprised anyone remembered that. DJ Ivan from /k/ Radio was the one that actually gave me the idea to try and get the CMP group up and running again. I didn't have the logistics setup at the time but I haven't given up on it. Mainly the need for a designated range was a hangup, but now that I'm in the process of build a range I'll be able to, hopefully, start working on that either later this year or early next year once I get shit stabilized in Nevada.

If anyone else wants to take up the reins between now and then by all means go for it.
>>
>>30085834
>>30085782
Never mind, I just got a message from someone else lurking this thread. Turns out work is already underway on the /k/ CMP.
>>
>>30085772
No you are not better off buying PPU
They have SEALED SPAM cans of 192 rounds of HXP for 115$ on enblocs in bandos. That is including shipping. Thats .59pr for M2 Ball the cheapist PPU online is .72pr. Not only that but you get 24 enblocs which are worth 1$ each. You also get 4x bandoleers and 24 cardboards . Those are worth 20$. So realistically you are paying 115-20-24 = 71$ for 192 rounds which is 36cpr for 30-06 which is the best deal you will find.
>>
File: Background.jpg (68 KB, 799x390) Image search: [Google]
Background.jpg
68 KB, 799x390
bump
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.