[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tristar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: WP_20130123_021.jpg (67 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WP_20130123_021.jpg
67 KB, 800x450
Hey guys, I've seen this gun posted in a few collections, but I've never seen a thread on it. I was wondering your opinions on the tristar S-120 (or L-120, canik 55, etc). It's a turkish clone of the cz 75 and all the reviews I've seen say it's a damn fine gun, even having a better finish than the original. Can anyone who owns one tell me a bit about it? Any pitfalls or issues that come over time? Seems hard to beat a CZ 75 with two 17 rd mec gar mags for $380. I've got the cash in hand for a CZ 75, but if I can save $200 and get a better finish, why would I not?
>>
Also I know the grips are shit. I've already got replacements if I go this route
>>
if you want to upgrade the gun(trigger job) buy the cz

if you plan to leave it as is settle for the canik

for awhile when the were 300 bucks there were hordes of canik supporters shilling them but they seem to have vanished completely. which is odd youd think at least one of them would have stuck around bragging about his 2k+ round count and how its still better than the cz for half the price
>>
>>30085113
Yeah I didn't browse much when I was out of the country; I was surprised to see there weren't any posts about this thing. Just seems too good to be true
>>
>>30085149
honestly all the glowing reviews on them scream this is my very first gun and i am easily impressed by anything
its an average gun but jut buy the cz if youve got the money its not like cz is expensive either
>>
>>30085188
That was my concern. That this is babbys first wonder 9 and their only other handgun is a kel tec or something. I guess it's worth the extra money to never have to worry about quality.

But gunblast had a glowing article on it too and that made me think maybe that isn't the case
>>
>>30085215
gunblast has a glowing review on everything
http://www.gunblast.com/Remington-R51-2.htm
this is the pos that constantly malfunctioned was recalled twice than rem decided to retcon it out of existence
>>
>>30085223
CZ it is
>>
>>30085223
Key words are "pre production." The failure of the pistol was when remshit put it into mass production and qc fell off the chart.
>>
>>30085276
thats 1 example but the gunblast guy loves every gun ever handed to him
http://www.gunblast.com/SWSigma9.htm
i dont think hes ever done a negative review on anything
>>
>>30085076
Base model CZs are already affordable as fuck, I'd get one of those before a Turk clone.
>>
>>30085313
He likes flocks and the sigma is a glock with SW on the side. Hence why Smith and Wesson has to pay glock royalties for each one sold.
>>
>>30085552
That's why they stopped making the Smegma. The SV series is different enough to not require a royalty check to Glock.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.