[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friendly reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: mini 14.jpg (36 KB, 825x160) Image search: [Google]
mini 14.jpg
36 KB, 825x160
pic related (Ruger) is why pistol grip ARs and non-ruger pistols are defacto banned in California
>>
>>30081662
Rugers are banned too.
>>
>>30081671

over 2/3rds of the pistols on the hangun roster that are still in production are made by ruger (now that S&W backed off)

ruger is also the leading retailer in california-compliant semiautomatic rifles (the mini-14)
>>
>>30081803
Mini 14 are banned tho
>>
>>30081815
Has Jerry signed the bill yet?
>>
>>30081662
Congrats OP, you're already in the running for most boring thread of the day.
>>
>>30081662
Yes, OP, you're right. It is totally Ruger's fault that your corrupt gun running politicians have banned practically every gun that is otherwise for sale elsewhere in the country. It is completely Ruger's fault for maintaining older handguns on the roster in the largest firearms market in the country. It is completely Ruger's fault for building a traditional wood stocked semiautomatic rifle since 1976 that you politicians can't figure out how to ban without banning semiautomatic rifles altogether and possibly getting slapped down by the courts.

It is totally Ruger's fault that your live in a Communist state.
>>
>>30081821
Jerry sells furniture. Jerry's price bro
>>
>>30081815

they aren't, because Ruger can just change the mag well so only their proprietary 5-round rotary detachable magazines can fit in it. This is also a thing baked into 10/22s

>>30081821

I don't think it's even through the assembly ...yet
>>
>>30081870

guess who benefits from all these laws

ruger is making a fuckhuge killing by being the top legal firearm manufacturer in the largest US state (and largest gun market in the world, by volume)
>>
>>30081957
Will they lower their prices?
>>
>>30082038
They'll raise em :^)
>>
File: 1464039755892.jpg (176 KB, 1024x1042) Image search: [Google]
1464039755892.jpg
176 KB, 1024x1042
>>30081957
Sure. They've kept older handguns in production to avoid falling of the approved roster, the same as Glock. Both manufacturers decided it was worth it to keep older designs for the California market. S&W and several others decided to say "fuck it" and move on.

The Mini 14 predates any "assault weapons" bans by almost two decades. There are other wood stocked semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines for sale in California, but the Mini gets hate from AR fags since they see it as a direct competitor to the AR and other modern sport rifles.

And I imagine if Governor Moonbeam signs the new gun bans, Ruger will build a fixed magazine version of the Mini. They already make a manually operated version for the U.K. market.
>>
>>30081870
>>30081957
>>30082126
California isn't the largest gun market in the US.
Kentucky is.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/249687/number-of-background-checks-done-by-the-nics-in-the-us-by-state/
>>
>>30082126
that "assault" mini-14 makes my skin crawl
>>
>>30081662
I'm thinking to buy mini 14
>>
File: Raylan3.jpg (13 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
Raylan3.jpg
13 KB, 195x258
>>30082153
In the deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky
That's where I trace my blood line
On a tombstone there you will find the inscription
"You will never leave Harlan alive."
>>
>>30082176
As long as you don't expect too much from it, you might not be let down.
>>
>>30082187
ARfag detected
>>
>>30082163
I thought so too, then I handled one at my LGS. It feels incredibly solid, like you could beat a man to death with it if you had to. I kind of like it now.
>>
>>30082187
They are what they are. Newer models are actually fairly accurate. Older models have a thin barrel that hurts accuracy as the gun heats up.
>>
>>30082176
My dad bought one. Luckily, he got it for a good deal because personally I think they're overpriced for what they are. However, it's a very fun gun and like >>30082187
said, as long as you don't hype it up it's really a great little gun.

I think people shit on it so much because they compare it to their personally-built or boutique ARs all the goddamn time. Of course it's not going to compete with something you personally picked parts for, that has an entire large segment of the market dedicated to accessories, upgrades, and improvements. But some people just want a basic, do-it-all semi-auto rifle and honestly the Mini-14 is just that. It'll kill varmint, it'll kill a man if it has to, and it has the benefit of being one of the only non-AR style rifles with 30-round magazines available.

A gun can be not shit purely because it's functional and fun, and the Mini-14 is absolutely those things. Hell, I'm just glad it got my dad to by a gun with 30-round mag cap.
>>
>>30082187
I don't care much about dildo attachements and every part engraved with a slogan or punisher skull.
>>
>>30081662
>defacto

A: de facto is not one word

B: you mean de jure
>>
>>30082222
That sounds up my alley.
>>
>>30081815
Saw 4 at my LGS yesterday. Stop being a lying faggot.
>>
>>30082319
Laws aren't in effect yet m80.
>>
>>30082328
It is an hour ago
>>
>>30081662
Post sexy mini-14
>>
Ruger pulled it's semi autos off the roster in protest of California laws if I remember right. Still ass blasted I can't buy a MkII or III new.
>>
>>30082399
I forgot about that.

What I wish is that all firearms manufacturers would refuse to sell anything banned to LEO's in California.
>>
>>30082366
Do you have a link/source?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.