[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The British are gearing up to select a company to provide a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: phalanx laser royal navy.jpg (66 KB, 752x423) Image search: [Google]
phalanx laser royal navy.jpg
66 KB, 752x423
The British are gearing up to select a company to provide a laser weapon demo.

http://www.janes.com/article/60693/dstl-to-make-laser-weapon-system-demonstrator-announcement-imminently

Primes

Babcock
Thales
MBDA
Lockheed Martin
and Rheinmetall

Pew pew soon.
>>
File: F35 with Meteor and Spear 3.jpg (911 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
F35 with Meteor and Spear 3.jpg
911 KB, 1417x1417
And SPEAR 3 is finally funded.

http://www.janes.com/article/60526/mbda-funded-for-spear-cap-3-development-phase
>>
Can't wait for them to not get fitted to any ships when they're ready
>>
>>30080919

Excuse me, the term is "fitted for, but not with"

thank you
>>
Martlets fitted to the 30mm guns when?
>>
>>30080765
>Spear 3

Noice. I have been waiting for this.
>>
File: Cod War 3.png (190 KB, 321x838) Image search: [Google]
Cod War 3.png
190 KB, 321x838
>>30080682

shouldn't teaboos really focus more on getting a decent carrier before worrying about lazorz and shit?

Like, get with the 20th century before you try to get with the 21st.
>>
>>30081129
I'm sure thats covered with the two supercarriers that are getting built, champ. Maybe you didn't hear of them.

>>30080765
>>30080682
NEAT
>>
File: SPEAR 3.jpg (784 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
SPEAR 3.jpg
784 KB, 1417x1417
What name would you give SPEAR 3 when it enters service?

http://www.mbda-systems.com/air-dominance/spear/

Details.
>>
>>30081291

I'd keep the SPEAR name.

I'm not a fan of the Sea Cat/Sea Dart/Sea ceptor. Just call the damn things what they are!
>>
>>30081561
It's a program name, not the manufacturer's name or anything.

Paveway IV is SPEAR 1, and Brimstone is SPEAR 2.

This also isn't headed by the RN so it won't have a Sea prefix.
>>
File: Typhoon with SPEAR 3.jpg (25 KB, 445x301) Image search: [Google]
Typhoon with SPEAR 3.jpg
25 KB, 445x301
>>30081291

Well it's basically Brimstone's big brother, it can do all the same swarm attacks, and automatic target recognition, just from 140km away and with a much larger warhead.

So a similar name works, let's call it Hellfi-

Wait.

Shit.
>>
What's the deal with how many SPEAR programs there are? SPEAR 3 just seems like a brimstone with more range
>>
>>30082937
Anyone have that Brimstone-swarm webm laying around? Where you have a Tornado volley-firing the shit out of like 8 of them?
>>
File: the_birthday_skeleton.png (846 KB, 494x1350) Image search: [Google]
the_birthday_skeleton.png
846 KB, 494x1350
>>30081133
>super carriers
>diesel
>ski ramp

They're carriers and they're not bad. But they're not super carriers.

>select all the tea
>>
>>30084337
They're supercarriers. Sorry champ.
>>
>>30080682
>The British weaponize lasers.
>Then ban laser pointers.
>>
>>30084677
You keep believing that, if it makes you feel better, 'champ'.
>>
>>30084893
>Supercarrier is an unofficial descriptive term for the largest type of aircraft carrier, typically those displacing over 70,000 tons (64,000 metric tons).[1] Supercarriers are the largest warships ever built, larger than the largest battleship class laid down by any country.

Hmmmm
>>
>>30084893
Find me a definition of a supercarrier that excludes the QE class, friend.
>>
>>30084024

It's a Brimstone with more than double the range, twice the size of munition/warhead and a turbojet strapped to the thing.

Think of them as Brimstone if every missile in the swarm was replaced with a mini cruise missile.

Spear will be amazing. SEAD via swarm attack.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.