[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never fired a gun before. Any tips to someone who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: shotgun.jpg (98 KB, 1200x845) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
98 KB, 1200x845
I've never fired a gun before.

Any tips to someone who is going to shoot a shotgun soon? (clay target shooting)

Especially tips on how to not embarrass myself
>>
http://training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx
>>
>>30080670
Don't put sharpies up your ass
>>
>>30080670
keep it on your shoulder tight, thats literally all, also wear ear protection, it has horrible noise w/o protection.
>>
>>30080690
>>30080746
thanks
>>
>>30080670
Really make sure the gun is in your shoulder and not on your bicep and pull it in tight.
If you let it float in front of you it will build up a nice amount of kinetic energy and slap you nice and hard.
>>
>>30080670
Just don't aim it at anything other than the range.

I.e when you want to talk to someone behind you, move your head not your body. Lots of people do this mistake.
>>
>>30080670
dont aim directly at the clay but a bit ahead of its trajectory
>>
>>30080670
Tell everyone present that it's your first time and listen to then follow their instruction.

Don't point the weapon at anyone.

Keep booger hook off of the trigger unless actually shooting.
>>
>>30080809
This is the most important thing to remember after basic safety rules. You'll fuck your arm up nice if you don't do this.
>>
>>30080809
>>30080848

I'm gonna be at a range and there will be instructions given. I've heard it can be very painful if you have it in the wrong spot so I'm gonna double check for sure.

Is it gonna matter what jacket I'm wearing? I was going to wear a synthetic polyester style one to keep the wind out. Or would corduroy be better?

>>30080837
I guess it will take a bit of practice on the day to work out exactly how far ahead
>>
>>30080867
>Is it gonna matter what jacket I'm wearing?
Not terribly much
>>
File: Do not Do this.jpg (81 KB, 711x569) Image search: [Google]
Do not Do this.jpg
81 KB, 711x569
>>30080670
Also don't lean back. Unless you like falling over.
>>
>>30080873
I watched some gun fails video on youtube and she was on there.. saw it coming a mile away

>>30080870
ok thanks
>>
>>30080670
welcome to /k/ mate, before you shoot gun, keep in mind, there is no way back.
>>
first, get to know safety stuff.
second make sure to keep it on your shoulder.
keep good stance, dont lean back, instead lean bit forward.
wear eye and ear protection
>>
>>30080670
Do not point the gun at anybody or anything you dont want shot even if unloaded.

Finger of trigger until ready to shoot.
>>
Don't hesitate too much with clays, they get too far away if you take time to aim
Went clay shooting when I took hunter safety course as a kid, didn't hit shit cause I was used to aiming at stationary targets and they were out of range by the time I fired
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.