[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PTSD thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: operatorsoperatingoperationally.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
operatorsoperatingoperationally.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
PTSD thread. Drinking to kill the feels while installing XCOM 2. TFW you want to shoot yourself but can't because your antifun family will blame guns because they don't get how fucked your head really is.
>>
>>30079693
Wanna work through some stuff buddy? /k/ is actually pretty good at working through shit together
>>
>>30079699
Not much to work through honestly. I've come to terms with the shit that happened to me in my childhood. I still can't sleep for shit, and since I quit weed my gf (who is now back in another state) started getting bruises all over her legs from me kicking in my sleep. Alcohol helps me fall asleep, but I feel exhausted as fuck when I wake up.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>>30079693
>TFW you want to shoot yourself

That is super fucked and I hope you can work through it before you hurt yourself man. I am at a pretty bleak point as well but ending myself seems I can't really put it into words. It seems appealing a times but ultimately not worth the cost both to myself and the people I care about.
>>
>>30079716
What all happened?
>>
>>30079775
I was the only non-catholic kid in a catholic school circa 2004. The priest left shortly after I did for "personal reasons".
>>
>>30079764
It is what it is. The desire comes and goes. The meds help somewhat, but then I have a really had day, and I just don't want to bother anymore. I'm not going to though. If I do, the terrorists win.
>>
>>30079716
So I'll assume you've gone through the proper channels to seek treatment for that right? Because there are plenty. Ask any epileptic about their sleep meds. Honestly smoking is a much better method for that than drinking

T. Former insomniac
>>
>>30079786
>track down preist
>give home concrete shoes

In all seriousness try going to a counselor for it, we all need someone who can be a bit objective sometimes
>>
>>30079794
My lungs are shit. And I'm in training to become an EMT, so weed isn't an option.
>>
>>30079797
Already have one. There isn't much to say at this point. I've made peace with it but the scars run deep. Large open spaces with lots of people are a nope. I sleep with my back against the wall. As soon as I move out I'm getting a dog. That should help.
>>
>>30079786
Well fuck dude. That's fucked up as all hell.

Please tell me you've gone through the channels for support.
>>
>>30079859
Only found out like five months ago. I remember like 5% of my childhood. I've talked to some therapists. It only helps a little bit. I'm on anti-depressants, but they don't do too much either. A year ago the docs thought I was having seizures because I was losing chunks of time. Turns out I was just dissociating. apparently 19-21 is the age when repressed childhood trauma starts to bubble up to the surface.
>>
>>30079845
>My lungs are shit.

And the whole infantry may as well smoke

EMT does kinda throw a wrench in things though. Remember not to stop at EMT though.
>>
>>30079887
Yeah, I'm going to become a paramedic eventually. Am considering getting into cigars because you don't need to suck that shit into your lungs. Also because dipping is vile.
>>
>>30079693
>listening to a Christian radio station
>start to play gunfire
>immediately get brought back
>woman says that they're grateful and thankful for every soldiers service
>gunfire continues
>song that amplifies the feelings comes on
>get angry, then really sad
>pull over and just sit in my car crying
>a lady walks by and knocks on the window
>asks if I'm ok
>tell her yes, I'm just a lonely vet
>offers to buy me a coffee or something
>tell her that would be nice
>get to talking over cheap dinner coffee
>really hit it off
>turns out she was in Intel awhile back
>get her number
>fuck her silly that night
>FWB, gf, now wife

>TL;DR PTSD got me a kick ass wife, cant complain anymore
>>
>>30079995
Good on ya. I'm real luck I had my gf close by when shit started to come together for me back in december. Without her I would have either offed myself or gone full alcoholic.
>>
I finished my drink. Probably shouldn't make another one.
>>
>>30080109
I made another one.
>>
>>30080008
Some people need dogs to help them, I cant go a day or 2 without the touch of my woman, ill go insane and go on a rampage killing every goat fucker I see, and probably the Mexicans too.
>>
>>30080159
Over the summer she's back with her parents. I was supposed to see her today, but she got strep and is currently in bed wishing for death.I really hope a dog helps. She's not a trainwreck of a person so she's in college and hoping to go to med school. God I hope getting a dog helps.
>>
>>30079693
Hey broski, I never went to war or anything but I have PTSD from some violent shit that went down five years ago this summer. In the past nine months it has finally gotten better by like 90%, but every day until that point it felt like it would never end.

I don't know what all to tell you except that I can relate to what you're going through and that there's progress to be made that we're not really aware of sometimes. Feeling hopeless is a symptom, yknow? Being able to talk about it with people I trusted was the most important thing, when you boil it down.
>>
>>30080196
I didn't go to war either. I just post these here because vets seem to have similar issues, and most "sexual assault support forums" (reddit I am looking at you) seem to be tumblry as fuck. I just want to be able to sleep normally, or go take a piss in a urinal like a normal person.
>>
Finished my second drink. Think that's it for me for the evening.
>>
File: AloneorNot_zpsb60f7e60.png (279 KB, 775x355) Image search: [Google]
AloneorNot_zpsb60f7e60.png
279 KB, 775x355
Is there an xcom flag I can't fined one
>>
File: xcom.jpg (658 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
xcom.jpg
658 KB, 1680x1050
>>30080399
VIGILO CONFIDO
(sounds weird yelling it though V is pronounced as W.)
>>
>>30079693
If you're sensitive to shit now and just getting started with XCom 2, I wouldn't recommend it.

>mfw Jane Kelly died on the radio tower
>>
Take it one day at a time but try to better yourself just a little bit everyday. For a while those little things you do won't seem like much but they'll help over time. Too many depressed people think they'll just wake up fine one day after finally deducing whats wrong. Don't smoke weed or do hallucinogens even though they might help short term. Go make money and workout.

T. Formerly depressed and dissociated guy
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x300
>>30080841
>>30079693
If you don't want deaths to be too impactful, I have 2 suggestions.

Beforehand, note that XCOM 2 is super mod friendly (steam workshop or nexus). Find mods that increase the starting spawn area (at least one on steam that I use) and increase the squad size. 12+ man squads are possible, and there are a shitton of cosmetics. so with that, either:

Put opaque helmets on everyone and rename them to have simple number designations. Make them faceless operators, or hell even Spartan-IIIs, most of which get decimated in canon.

Or

>Pic related
>In the grim darkness of the far future, a band of conscripts and veterans form a coalition to take back their world from vile xenos, and put it back into the hands of the Emperor.
>>
File: 1458174225377.png (1 MB, 758x908) Image search: [Google]
1458174225377.png
1 MB, 758x908
>>30080841
>>30084189
>tfw my favorite Swiss female heavy gunner that I saved in character pool from my 2nd campaign dies in first mission I take her on in a new iron man campaign

rip in pzza Gertrud
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.