[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there something in his hand or am I seeing stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 21
Was there something in his hand or am I seeing stuff?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3177x2203) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3177x2203
Always loaded and near the bed.
>>
>>30079194
He pulled out an airsoft or some other realistic looking replica firearm and subsequently got shot to death.
>>
>>30079186
I just keep two loaded, my CZ75 and mossberg 500.
Don't really care enough to keep the other five loaded.
>>
File: image.jpg (1007 KB, 3115x2410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1007 KB, 3115x2410
Always loaded and CCWed in the warmer months.
>>
>>30079224

yep, I keep my pistol loaded and in the nightstand
>>
I only have a 10/22 and a handgun. I keep them both loaded, but unchambered.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Always loaded and CCWed in the cooler months. That's all of them.
>>
>>30079186
House guns are always locked and loaded.

No CCW or EDC tho, because Maryland.

>Tfw I was told by the LGS that civilians arent allowed body armor any longer
>Mfw I know theyre lying and its wholly because of dindus
>>
>>30079256
Get better carry ammo anon.
>>
>>30079186
My main pistol is always loaded 10+1
The rifle isn't loaded (it likes to slamfire) but it's ready if I need it.
The rest I could give a fuck about.
>>
>>30079274
MDfag here. Which LGS? There is an unfortunate lack of good gun stores in this damned state.
>>
>>30079280
Just changed up to Critical Duty in my 9mm's.
>>
>>30079186
CCW is always loaded.
Home defense pistol is always loaded.

Rest are unlocked and packed away. Only an autist would keep every gun always loaded. Pure retardation.
>>
>>30079308
I said
>better
not
>worse
>>
>>30079186
Gotta admit that is some fast shooting.

If the guy had a real gun he'd probably get a shot off. I can understand why her ass was in major pucker mode and her subsequent magdump.
>>
>>30079325
>Only an autist would keep every gun always loaded. Pure retardation.
There's really no reason not to.
>>
>>30079224
How do you like the Inforce? I'm looking at getting a light for my G19. But first I need to buy night sights for my 26/19 and a holster.
>>
>>30079308
Critical Duty is worse than the Rangers or PDXs you had. If you go Hornady, go Critical Defense. The Critical Duty is meant for cops for extra penetration through auto glass and doors, etc. It has shit expansion and a little too much penetration.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 167x186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 167x186
>>30079328
All that salt and not one recommendation.
>>
>>30079328
stop being a memer
>>
>>30079336
>There's really no reason not to.
There is really no reason not to take a shit in the middle of a McDonald's lobby. Doesn't mean I am going to do it.
>>
>>30079256
>>30079308
Use this list for 9mm:

Barnes XPB 115gr HP (35515) such as loaded by Cor-Bon (DPX09115)
Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)
Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)
Winchester Ranger Bonded 124 gr +P JHP (RA9BA)
Winchester Ranger-T 127gr JHP +P+ (RA9TA)
Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP (RA9T)
Winchester Bonded 147gr JHP (RA9B/Q4364)
Speer Gold Dor 124gr JHP
Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +P (53617)
Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP (53619)
Remington Golden Saber 124 gr +P JHP bonded (GSB9MMD)
Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)
Federal Tactical 124gr JHP (LE9T1)
Federal Tactical 135gr JHP +P (LE9T5)
Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)
Federal HST 124gr JHP +P (P9HST3)

And this one for .40S&W:

Barnes all-copper bullets (140 & 155gr) loaded by: Cor-Bon (DPX40140)
Winchester Ranger 180gr JHP (RA40T)
Winchester Ranger 165gr JHP (RA40TA)
Winchester Partition Gold 165gr JHP (RA401P)
Winchester Bonded 180gr JHP (Q4355)
Speer Gold Dot 155gr JHP (53961)
Speer Gold Dot 180gr JHP (53962)
Federal Tactical 165gr JHP (LE40T3)
Federal Tactical 180gr JHP (LE40T1)
Federal HST 180gr JHP (P40HST1)
Remington Golden Saber 180 gr JHP (GS40SWB)
>>
>>30079349
Federal HSTs are the best hollow point around right now.
In 9mm, go with the 124gr +P.
>>
>>30079349
see
>>30079363

And have a bit of patience, you need that as a CCW carrier ;^)
>>
>>30079336
My shitty little security cabinet can't even hold my AR with a scope on it properly, much less if I had a mag in it. Same with my AK. My mossberg light primer strikes 50% of the time, I don't have any ammo for my enfield, so that leaves just my .22 marlin. Also I live in a nice neighborhood.
>>
>>30079359
That would inconvenience other people, make you a social pariah, and get you arrested. Three reasons not to right there.
>>
>>30079337
Love my light. At 200 lumens, it's more than ideal. Any more than that and I'm blinded when in a home defense scenario. Looks right on my 17 too. Only wish they made a shorter version for the 19.
>>
>>30079363
Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>30079328
>>30079340
You people are stupid

Duty gets 16 inches which is perfect for penetration

12 inches is shit penetration

Zimmerman shot IN BETWEEN Trayvons ribs and the bullet didn't even exit his heart

More penetration = better
>>
>>30079186
I just keep shooting my guns in the house to keep potential robbers wary.
>>
>>30079186
Ive got mags loaded, but not in the guns. My CCW stays loaded and my HD 12gauge stays loaded. Thats about it.
>>
>>30079423
Btw, some of those fuckers are really hard to find, and according to one site that I got some of the 147gr HSTs from, it's because the major manufacturers sometimes get pissy about selling them to non-LE-only distributors, and will take measures to try and block its sale to us mere civilians.

Hilariously, the 147gr+P and 124gr non+P HSTs are fairly easy to find.
>>
>>30079412
If you could get anything else, do it over again, would you stay with your choice or get something else? I'm a collegepoorfag so if I get a light I can't have it fucking up after a few range sessions because I wanted to make sure it could handle the recoil before a real life HD scenario.
>>
>>30079432
Hornady makes the shittiest defense ammo on the market, short of perhaps the truly budget option hollowpoints offered. I've seen enough gel tests to never want to buy Hornady. I swear people must just buy it because it looks cool and it's hard to find the info about what ammo is best.
>>
>>30079394
Same could be said of keeping guns loaded that you have no intention of using until you bring them to a shooting range.
Inconveniencing other people = more likelihood of a friend or loved one accidentally shooting themselves
Social pariah = "You keep 10 guns loaded all the time you gun freak!"
Get you arrested = transporting loaded guns and long arms in your car is illegal in most instances, which means you would have to unload it before you transport, which means why keep it loaded in the first place.

Stop being a contrarian cunt.
>>
My cc gun is loaded 24/7. When I sleep it goes into my night stand. Otherwise I don't have a gun easy accessible if I'm not home.

All my other guns are locked away unloaded.
>>
>>30079298
different MD guy, but Fox's Firearms on Red Branch Road in Columbia is pretty good.
Aside from that i've heard good things about 2A Sales and supplies in Jessup
>>
>>30079453
Nope, I really like the inforce. Check out some reviews and comparisons on YouTube.
>>
>>30079453
You could look at the XC1 by Surefire.
>>
>>30079459
>Hornady Party Hard Self-Defense
Ammunition
>>
>>30079186
shotgun always loaded near bed. chamber clear, safety off.

pistol always loaded near computer. chamber clear, safety off.
>>
>>30079523
Will do, thanks for the info.
>>30079528
> XC1 by Surefire
Alright, do you have a gun light? I'm think long term, when I get an AR I could maybe use my handgun light on the rifle.
>>
>>30079298
MD Small Arms Range. Fuck em.
>>
>>30079459
They also make one of the best loads. And there's usually no price difference at LGS's.
>Hornady XTP's are on par with HST's and Gold Dots
>Hornady Critical Duty is all-around meh
>Hornady Critical Defense is SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTT
>they all cost exactly the same
>>
>>30079588
I have a different Inforce on my AR with a REALLY nice form factor/user interface (momentary on only, very flush design). A year after I bought it I found an arfcom thread with a bunch of posters talking about how theirs had broken due to crappy polymer, even in some not very harsh environments.

So I'm since less inclined to trust their products.
>>
>>30079186
Pistol is always loaded and within reach, AR is also ready most any time that I'm at home. I don't live in a shitty area, but fucking junkies do come out this way to steal people's shit more and more, especially guns. I also work from home overnights and don't want to be the one who is caught off guard.
>>
>>30079528
Damn it's outta my price range anon. I just checked. Thanks for the suggestion though.

>>30079621
> So I'm since less inclined to trust their products.
Wait so the APL is shit? I'm looking into them now and so far they're looking like ok lights for the amount of lumens ect
>>
>>30079186
AR is loaded with good defensive JSP's and locked in a quick-access rack on the side of my bed.

CCW is always loaded, and always on me assuming I'm wearing pants. I generally only wear pants an hour each side of leaving my house though, so pretty much 7am-6pm M-F and 6am-noonish Saturday. Rest of the time I'm in boxers.

This also brings up a funny story:
>be 22
>just graduated college, decide to not work a summer between undergrad and grad school
>sitting innaapartment bare-ass naked at like 11am on a Tuesday, fapping to some hardcore anal on my TV
>dindu kicks front door in
>awkward stare between naked&hard chubby/muscular white guy and ethiopian-looking nig in XXXXL everything
>pull pistol out from couch cushions
>hear SHEEEIIIIIITTTTT as he jumps down a flight of stairs
>call cops, put on boxers
>spend 20 minutes filing police report with the 7 officers that showed up in nothing but a pair of boxers with a raging hardon
That's what convinced me to buy a house in the 'burbs. Mortgage ended up being more or less the same as my rent anyway, even if utilities are killing me.
>>
>>30079641
Nah this was the WML. The APL may be a fine light or it may be garbage, I have no idea. I just can't bring myself to trust Inforce again.
>>
Have this loaded in my G19 car gun. Is this okay personal defense ammo? I already saw the list but I want to just get a review on this.
>>
>>30079641
the WML is shit and will break fairly soon. Not sure on their tubular, traditional flashlights.

Anyway, I recommend a ring mount plus a Surefire G2X/6PX. Should be under $100 total, especially if you lurk ebay.

Both the G2X and 6PX can take their pressure switch tailcap too if you wanna upgrade later. A G2X plus their tailcap and pressure switch is pretty much a 300-series Scout without the integrated mount.
>>
>>30079689
Yeah it's g2g. The XTP bullet is fantastic, American Gunner ammo is reliable and decently clean. It's not super-premium but it's fine.
>>
>>30079689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGmlVQpLrs

It's fine.
>>
>>30079691
>the WML is shit and will break fairly soon
As the guy with one, I might add that this pisses me off to no small end because that's a lot of ammo I could have bought instead, thinking that I was getting a quality product for my HD AR.

>the only upside is that I can point to it whenever my tacticool friend tries to shill Travis Haley branded junk
>>
>>30079677
> I have no idea. I just can't bring myself to trust Inforce again.
I understand. Any other affordable brands? I'm also looking at a TLR-1
>>30079691
>Anyway, I recommend a ring mount plus a Surefire G2X/6PX. Should be under $100 total, especially if you lurk ebay.
Thanks for the tip. I'll deff be shopping around as price is kinda an issue. But rather buy something decent than Chinese shit that I need to buy again.
>>
>>30079186
I don't keep my winchester 1894 loaded nor my 22lrs. I clean my guns when I get home and there is no reason to load them after that.
My ar15 and my walther pps always have loaded mags and most of the time the mag is in the gun but never with a round chambered. My father also uses my gun safe and I don't want him NDing.
>>
>>30079721
Ebay it now while it's still in good shape (they're popular and you should get 80-90% its retail price out of it) and buy a Surefire.

>>30079728
Streamlight and Pelican both make durable, bright handheld lights with a 1" body that fit standard ring mounts.
>>
>>30079433
spotted the russian.
>>
>>30079229
you mean he was 12 year old child on his way to harvard lawschool to get his ma
oh wait he's white
>>
>>30079746
>durable, bright handheld lights with a 1" body that fit standard ring mounts.
Outstanding. I think I'm going with the TLR-1. Any good sites to check where to buy? I want one sooner than later, I live in the hood while going to school in Florida
>>
>>30079186
Ruger 10/22 stays cocked and loaded
>>
>>30079759
Amazon carries both of them. They're not quite as expensive as a Surefire but they're definitely still expensive, if budget is more of a concern than fast shipping I'd look at Ebay.

Also, I snaked a demo 5.11 flashlight from work 2 days ago, decently impressed with it so far. Also has a 1" body. But since I've seen literally nobody espouse 5.11 as a weaponlight I'd be pretty hesitant to use it as such.
>>
Post full video
>>
>>30079523
my inforce had the blinky light and eye ball pain but it broke the first week i had it. I don't think I'd ever use it but it kind of bugs me that it broke. I wish I could mount an 80 lumen pen light easily to my ar.
>>
>>30079746
You're right, that or Armslist is the proper move. Such a shame, if they hadn't fucking cut corners to save a few pennies on materials this would be the absolute ideal HD rifle light.
>>
>>30079771
Yeah I just need something for my 19 atm. I'd like to get a rifle eventually and then maybe get something stronger.
>>
>>30079771
>if budget is more of a concern than fast shipping I'd look at Ebay.
Just be very very careful about counterfeits. The Chinese are insidious about this and they're getting smarter about it too, you used to be able to tell the counterfeits just by noticing the price was 1/4 normal, but now they're pricing them just a few bucks lower than the real stuff. Not to mention making copies that look darn close to the real thing (but are much much worse quality, of course).
>>
>>30079779
>pistol light
Well this changes things a little bit. Those aren't as cheap.

TLR-1 is probably the most widely used pistol light in the world. It's bomb-proof, bright, and has an intuitive switch. But it's expensive (though still less so than an X300).

Pelican doesn't make a dedicated pistol light.
>>
House fun is always loaded, no round chambered.
>>
>>30079792
Truth.

I've gotten chink'd a couple times with AR parts.
>my $70 "used" chink-clone Troy-style sights are actually pretty fucking solid
They even laser-engraved the correct cage codes on them.
>>
I generally keep all my guns loaded but not chambered, but I do keep my SARB6PC chambered for HD or open carry. I dont have a CCL yet but idk how i'd even conceal this thing.
>>
>>30079795
I'm prepared to spend $100-150ish.
>>
>>30079806
>I've gotten chink'd a couple times with AR parts.

I'm sorry about your chinking anon but holy shit my sides.
>>
>>30079813
Cool. You can get the TLR-1S (strobing 300 lumen) for $104 shipped ($99+5) on ebay currently.

I definitely prefer the strobe function since I shoot Isoscles and that puts the light straight over my heart. people shoot at lights.
>>
>>30079837
Thats not too bad. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>30079852
No prob. Also keep in mind that was the first Buy It Now I ran across. I'm sure if you're willing to actually bid on shit or do OBO's you could get one cheaper.
>>
>>30079864
Midway has them for $110 so I'll prob just go through them.
>>
>>30079186
I always thought he did a decent draw and reacted well. His firing is a bit wild but it was good. Probably nailed the guy with 5-6 out of the 9 or so rounds loosed. That's decent pressured marksmanship.

His call partner though....fuuuuck.... That fat butch threw her pants on her head, poured spaghetti in her pockets and started licking windows. Her only contribution was to shout "Gun gun gun!" After the Sgt. was already drawing. She pulled her taser and fumbled it then went off her gun and flubbed her draw. Guy was down and the fight was over before she got sighted in. Fucking fail.
>>
>>30079837
>>30079852
Light autist here, if you're going to use a strobing light you want it to come on immediately upon single button press. IIRC the TLR-1S doesn't do that (but don't take my word on it). [Particularly worthless are strobes on flashlights that require a bunch of button presses to get to.]

They DO seem to help cause a slight delay in reaction time for many people who have them shined at them. You DO need to train with them, especially since the main use of a light--to thread ID--is harder with a strobe.

If you're using a light, you should be illuminating for a quick press and then moving immediately after, hence momentary-only lights (with constant-on, if available, requiring some fucking with to get) being a good idea.
>>
>>30079337
Its your responsibility to get an XC1. It makes 8/10 compacts look fantastic
>>
>>30079194
Uhm, a gun. Are you fucking blind?
>>
>>30079891
>You DO need to train with them, especially since the main use of a light--to thread ID--is harder with a strobe.
I plan on working with my light and training with it to get used to it. Don't really have the money for classes or anything so having it at the range and shooting with it is pretty much it atm.
>>30079913
> XC1
>200lumens
>AAA batteries
dat price. Fuck. I do like the easy of getting aaa vs I think so far i've noticed most lights take the 123a or something.
>>
File: 1464212315892.jpg (21 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1464212315892.jpg
21 KB, 300x360
>>30079186
My CCR is always loaded. My milsurp mostly no. I do keep rounds in my Enfield though.
>>
>>30079945
>CCR, it ain't me starts playing
Meant CC
>>
>>30079494
Inconveniencing other people = more likelihood of a friend or loved one accidentally shooting themselves

If your loved ones are completely retarded and go around handling personal items which they know can be dangerous, which aren't locked up.
Social pariah = "You keep 10 guns loaded all the time you gun freak!"

So don't go around telling everyone you see in public. Shitting in a parking lot isn't exactly a secret you can keep.

Get you arrested = transporting loaded guns and long arms in your car is illegal in most instances, which means you would have to unload it before you transport, which means why keep it loaded in the first place.

Depends on your local and thats one of those situations that only matter if you get stopped.

So maybe you stop being a contrarian count by defending your stupid as example
>>
>>30079936
Classes are worth more than gear. Hell, apparently people having taken night fighting CCW courses are saying that night sights are worthless since you can see your sights anyways if you have/use a weapon light, and if you don't have one you can't properly ID your target anyways. And if it's too close/fast to use a light, you're point shooting anyways.

I dunno, just what I saw a number of people saying. (Of course, I see this after buying night sights.)
>>
>>30079967
The night sight meme. I too fell for this.
>>
I live with others so the only ones we keep loaded are the bedside ones. Everything else stays unloaded, but ready to load in the unlikely event a pistol won't do.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 800x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 800x434
>>30079256
Why not get a 19 and a 26 instead of a 19 and a 27. If you had the 26 you could carry your 19 mags as backup mags for the 26.
>>
>>30079186
I keep my mags loaded and with my rifles, and my CC on my nightstand at the ready
>>
>>30079971
I at least made mine express sights with XS Big Dots so there was some upgrade. I'm still learning on them but it does seem like I'm faster at getting them on target from the draw than a 3-dot setup, thanks to only needing to line up 2 things instead of 3 and not being able to hide my front sight.
>>
>>30079967
That's an interesting point you brought up.
>Hell, apparently people having taken night fighting CCW courses are saying that night sights are worthless
Not trying to be a cunt, do you have any more info or articles? I'm legit curious because I wanted to get night sights.
>>30079971
Can you elaborate more? I hate my Glock sights so even if I replaced them wouldn't it be logical to just get night sights?
>>
>>30079382
I have some AR mags loaded and next to my Home Defense AR inside the small 10 gun safe I have.
>>
>>30079971
>>30079967
http://www.handgunsmag.com/tactics-training/tactics_training_nsights_080906/

https://dutyanddefense.com/2014/12/30/are-night-sights-useless/

>trusting gun mag writers
I know, I know
>>
>>30079186
Only "unloaded" guns go off when you don't expect them to. I keep everything loaded, have for roughly 8 years now. Not had an accident that wasn't a result of a parts breakage.
>>
>>30079186
Legally cant because >muh safe storage laws of Canada.
>>
>>30079996
I get what you mean, but really In my experience it's just 1000% easier to keep a small flashlight on you. In the dark where you can't identify your target night sights really don't give you an edge. Maybe I'm retarted but I feel like I spent cash on something that really just doesn't cut it if I have to pull my CC in a low vis situation.

>>30080016
Basically see above. It may be for you. I'm not gonna shit on it if you want them, I can just say personally I feel it's a bit over hyped.

It may also be worth nothing if you CC I've had 2 different lawyers tell me to keep your pistol stock. If you Jimmy with it and have to use it, the prosecution will attempt to use that to paint you as someone looking for trouble.
>>
>>30079186

It don't shoot if it's not loaded and cocked.
>>
>>30079256
Wait you only carry when it's somehow convenient for you?

I would rather look like a dork and be able to carry than only be able to carry when weather permitted.

Reason I have a tacticool fanny pack.
>>
File: 09dde49752.gif (178 KB, 275x246) Image search: [Google]
09dde49752.gif
178 KB, 275x246
>>30079186
>keeping gun loaded ever
I never keep my shield loaded fuck that I don't want to shoot my ass or legs
>wah takes to long to chamber round
No it doens't if you train enough you can chamber the round just as fast as someone can pullout the gun with a chambered weapon and fire it
>>
>>30080016
>http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/02/robert-farago/question-of-the-day-got-night-sights/
See comments, and this post links go into it too: >>30080037

If I had it to do over again I might have spent the sights money on a Crimson Trace laser. I've heard good things about them including an anon here saying he tagged a burglar in his home after being shot by the burglar and on the ground. Couldn't really line up the sights properly from his position, but could still put the red dot on the target and pull.
>>
>>30080055
>I don't want to shoot my ass or legs
this will never happen
>>
>>30080055
How the fuck is your gun gonna fire itself?
>>
>>30080045
>It may also be worth nothing if you CC I've had 2 different lawyers tell me to keep your pistol stock. If you Jimmy with it and have to use it, the prosecution will attempt to use that to paint you as someone looking for trouble.
From what I've heard from reading about this subject but not asking lawyers, this isn't very likely for things like sights or stippling. Removing a safety, huge no-no. Adjusting trigger pull, could be problematic. Sights? Nahhh.

I keep a small flashlight on me all the time but it definitely is not as easy to deploy it as the gun, much less in concert with the gun.

Also, if you DO want night sights, while I like the XS Big Dot, the Trijicon HDs were REALLY nice to shoot with, felt super accurate. Mind, having a 3-dot night sight setup with all green dots is a GREAT way to get confused about which one is your front sight in the dark.
>>
>>30080055
No. No you can't. Assuming so means you've never shot under pressure before. Besides the highest chance of something to go wrong with a firearm is when you're racking in a round.

As someone who has had to draw on an elk charging me when I was bow hunting I can tell you first hand that the thousands of dollars of ammunition I've spent trying to train myself didn't mean shit when I had to draw, rack, aim, and shoot.

It's like the movies when you see the blond girl who is about to be murdered and she is fumbling with her keys. It's something you have done 100000 times, but under pressure it's a whole new experience.

TL;DR Fuck off with that shit
>>
File: 1459132270065.gif (3 MB, 283x238) Image search: [Google]
1459132270065.gif
3 MB, 283x238
>>30080055
>No it doens't if you train enough you can chamber the round just as fast as someone can pullout the gun with a chambered weapon and fire it
>>
I don't carry because I spend 12 hours a day in class or in a government building. At home I keep an 18" chinese 12ga cruiser ready
>>
>>30080076

It won't, he's just inexperienced and poorly trained and thus has no confidence in his ability to safely carry his firearm.
>>
>>30080079
Not the guy you were replying to but I just recently got my CCL (whoohoo 21!) and the instructor also told me that.
>>
>>30080081
And this is why I don't buy handguns with manual safeties.
>>
>>30080079
We'll, I'm not a lawyer, it's just something I heard. I got off subject though. Basically night sights aren't my jam. C'est la vie
>>
>>30080055

I like how you just assume you're going to have both hands free and won't be getting shoved, grabbed, punched, choked, etc.

Have fun trying to rack that slide while getting wailed on by 2+ urban youths. And by that I mean I hope the police can get your gun back after you get laid the fuck out before you even get a round chambered.
>>
>>30080099
Instructors are just as prone to common myths as anyone else. Hell Massad Ayoob himself has suggested not modifying your gun for legal reasons--yet when pressed for a case study to support this he apparently couldn't name any instances of it happening.
>>
>>30080045
>It may also be worth nothing if you CC I've had 2 different lawyers tell me to keep your pistol stock. If you Jimmy with it and have to use it, the prosecution will attempt to use that to paint you as someone looking for trouble.
I considered that anon, but desu it's a roll of the dice I'm willing to make. I did want to fuck with my G26's trigger but I said it's not worth it and left it alone. I'm a man of color with a weird name, I'll have enough trouble lol.
>>30080056
>If I had it to do over again I might have spent the sights money on a Crimson Trace laser.
I'm looking into that for my G26 for my other HD gun. I think they make one that snaps on to the front of the 26
>>
I live in a sane country! Theyre unloaded, bolts and mags out, guns in the safe, bolts mags and ammo locked elsewhere!!

New Zealand oooohhhhh yeeeah!!
>>
>>30080119
>I'm looking into that for my G26 for my other HD gun. I think they make one that snaps on to the front of the 26
As I recall, there's one that's on the grip (which is what I want), and one that's mounted in front of the trigger guard. They also have a light called the LightGuard that mounts in front of the trigger guard.
>>
File: 20160520_154404.jpg (3 MB, 4250x2391) Image search: [Google]
20160520_154404.jpg
3 MB, 4250x2391
>>30080099
>>30080079
>>30080045
Does that mean I shouldn't put this on my glock that I carry?
>>
>>30080142
Well, *I* sure as shit wouldn't. I'd be more likely to ceracoat it pink and purple, and put stickers of bunnies and butterflies and Hello Kitty and rainbows all over the slide, than I would to have that on there.

>let them tell the jury what a dangerous scary weapon THAT one is
>>
>>30079728
surefire and streamlight are literally the only choices you should ever make for mounted lights
>>
>>30080136
I'm looking into pic related for my G26 at home. It sounds similar to what you described.
>>30080170
Those seem to be the brands i'm finding remaining in me narrowing down lights that suit my needs
>>
File: lightguard.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lightguard.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
>>30080200
Nah, this is the one I meant. I'm not sure I entirely like the concept though because I worry about inadvertent activation under stress. Not such a concern with a little laser dot most of the time.
>>
>>30079891
>strobing light

are fucking retarded.

they make it just as hard for you to see whats going on as they do the bad guy
>>
>>30079936
>dat price. Fuck. I do like the easy of getting aaa vs I think so far i've noticed most lights take the 123a or something.

apparently you didnt learn your lesson the first time you got fucked with haleys dong in your face

surefire

streamlight

period
>>
>>30080224
My 26 doesn't have a rail
>>
>>30080232
>apparently you didnt learn your lesson the first time you got fucked with haleys dong in your face
What stuff of Haleys did I buy? I have a cheap shitty light I bought off Amazon a while ago and now it's almost kill.
>>
Live in an apartment that actually does keep every outer door locked. I keep a mag loaded and near the AR which is near me whenever I sleep or am at my desk. If someone is trying to break in through my door they'd have to break it down, I figure I could load it and have it ready before they'd get through the door.

Too much of a pussy to actually keep it loaded 24/7 chambered since I like to fingerfuck it occasionally
>>
>>30080142
>not putting a Quran quote
Shameful
>>
>>30080232
>period

what are they like?
>>
>>30080269
Why would I follow a false religion?
>>
>>30080241
must have been the other poster that bought the haley inforce light

sorry thought you were the same anon

my position on surefire/streamlight hasnt changed though
>>
>>30080122
What's it like crying on the inside?
>>
>>30080282
about a week long, bleed a lot

you mom gets really horny on hers
>>
>>30080081
I find that unlikely. Muscle memory is pretty damn strong, however I'd have to do some research to back up my opinion first.
>>
>>30079194
>actually being retarded

just don't do this, anon. don't be retarded.
>>
>>30080283
I think he's implying you could claim minority bullshit in court.
>>
>>30080286
Its pretty good. Cant think of the last time there was a mass shooting here.
>>
>>30080305
I live in Texas so I'm pretty sure everyone on the jury would convict me if they thought I was a white muslim.
>>
I keep my cc loaded.

And i keep a few AR mags and other pistol mags loaded but separate in the safe
>>
>>30080326
You have a point fellow texan
>>
File: shield_.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
shield_.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1125
>>30080101
I'm indifferent to safeties. I have no problem with manual safeties, so long as they are GOOD safeties (IE 1911 style, not slide mounted garbage). I love the manual safety on my shield, I train with it, and it has become second nature for me.

Carry what you want, but a safety is a valuable thing to have when you need to reholster under stress. If you ever need to draw your weapon on someone, you WILL need to reholster whether you shoot or not.

The greatest chance of you shooting yourself is during draw/holster. There's nothing better than hearing the reassuring click of your safety engaging before you desperately try to shove the gun back in your pants, so cops/bystanders won't think you are the crook.
>>
>>30079336
>spring pressure on the mags over time
>military doesnt permanently keep firearms loaded
>>
>>30079186
I don't keep ALL of my guns loaded, but I do keep the ones I have for defense loaded.
>>
>>30081048
Exactly this.

The summer autists don't understand this because all they know is "muh dad keeps guns in the cabinet, must be always loaded xDxD."
>>
>>30079224
Do you bring your loaded gun around the house?
>>
>>30081048
Spring pressure on the mags doesn't do shit. Learn how springs work.

Military doesn't keep their guns loaded because the military is full of retards who would ND all over the goddamn place.
>>
My handgun is always loaded, but I don't CC because yurokek
>>
File: img20160103_223641.jpg (850 KB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
img20160103_223641.jpg
850 KB, 1494x2656
>>30080056
My CC weapon always has ctc grips or attachment.
>>
>>30079186
I never keep my ccw loaded. That's a good way to hurt someone.
>>
File: 1457149069762.png (1 MB, 955x973) Image search: [Google]
1457149069762.png
1 MB, 955x973
>>30079186
I own 6 guns.
Two are a 10/22 and my Mosin. They are not loaded.
But I keep my SCAR, my mossberg 930, my PPK, and my Galesi model 9 always loaded.
>>30079274
Same.
>>30079298
See >>30079515
The guys at 2A sales and supplies are pretty funny dudes, and the guys at Fox's is really nice. His website is pretty good too.
I live in Columbia and when his store opened up like 2 years ago, I was AMAZED that they let him open up a gun store here.
>>
>>30081221
>5/10 because I know it's bait and I'm still going to argue with you

Yea, like a mugger, home invader, rapist, or murderer.
Retard.
>>
>>30080081
>I was bow hunting

>it's like in da movies!

Please kill yourself nigger
>>
>>30079186
Every gun I have except the ones in the safe have a loaded mag in them. However, only the defense guns have a round in the chamber. For example:
In the safe:
>M1A, magazine on shelf above it
>M97 trench clone, shells in attached sling bandolier
Around the house:
>Saiga 12 w/ 3" 00 buck, closet gun
>HK USP 45 w/ Ranger-T+p, couch gun
Defense:
>Glock 21, nightstand
>Beretta Tomcat, CC
>Beretta Bobcat, other CC
>>
>>30079186
I do. Loaded and chambered.
>>
>>30080310
Sheep don't count, right?

Always keep my carry loaded, holstered, and locked. The long guns are all clean and empty in the gun cabinet. It's a really stupid idea to keep a loaded weapon in a locked gun cabinet.
>>
>>30081647
If you need to get to them in a hurry, then loading them is going to just take that much longer.
>>
>>30079333
>her

Holy fuck I hope I don't end up in a self defense court and get a jury with tards like you
>>
>>30081048
>>30081128
>have never taken a basic physics class
>>
>>30081048
>>30081128
>doesn't know how springs work
>calls others summerfags
Golly, I hope you're just pretending.
>>
>>30081155
>who would ND all over the goddamn place
I know why gays what to be in the military.
>>
>>30079967
What if I trun a fucking light on. Then be like fuck someone is robing me.
>>
>>30081601
>>HK USP 45 w/ Ranger-T+p, couch gun
>couch gun

I like the way you think.
>>
>>30081955
>turn light on
>thinks he would still need night sights
>>
why do they just dump shots every time? isnt aiming and actually hitting more effective?
>>
>>30080396
>dat apex trigger

nigga im jelly as fuck.

I'd buy one right now with cash but I'm saving up for a more..... sentimental purchase..

Which one did you get exactly?
>>
>>30081155
>never keep their guns loaded
>doesn't know standard FOB rules
>obvs never been in

But that's cool dude. You can call us retards all day and night from behind your computer with your Double Gulp filled with Mountain Dew and your cheeto dusted fingers, safe in the certainty that you have the right to say what you want and sleep soundly without fear of the local warlord or proletariat dragging you from your bed for no damn reason because of those same retards.

>you're such a faggot EOD just has you sit on IEDs to dispose of them, since your anus can't get anymore blown out
>>
>>30079689
it'll do. I prefer Fiocchi's XTP, it has more consistent expasnion.
>>
>>30083840
>>you're such a faggot EOD just has you sit on IEDs to dispose of them, since your anus can't get anymore blown out
Top fucking kek
>>
CCW - always loaded
AR-15 - loaded mag, nothing in chamber
All other guns - empty, hammer or pin down, and in safe.
>>
all always. same reason i keep gas in my tank.
>>
>>30079432
Duty gets 16" from a duty length 4.25" barrel, it will get under 12" from a G26/M&P Shield/XDS length barrel. Critical Defense uses a faster burning powder and a projectile that will expand at lower velocities so it will do better than Critical Duty from these guns.

Also, GZ was using Sellier & Bellot 115 grain, which I believe uses the Winchester Ranger bullet.
>>
>>30081955
Think you could find the "on" position you illiterate fuck?
>>
>>30079363
what about hornandy critical defense?
>>
>>30085642
No.
>>
>>30079186
I keep all SD weapons locked and loaded. Those that are resting are usually unloaded.
>>
>>30085666
Why not, satan?
>>
Cc guns and house guns always loaded. Hunting guns and others in storage mode unloaded
>>
>>30084591
>Duty gets 16" from a duty length 4.25" barrel, it will get under 12" from a G26/M&P Shield/XDS length barrel.

Ammoquest tested it out of a 3 inch barrel and got 16 inches buttnugget
>>
>>30079459
>>30079609
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7votVplXtZM

>ermagerd it penetrates too much

While your round stops short of vitals because it hit a rib, I'll kill the guy

>ermagerd bystanders

Do you realize how little energy the round is going to have after penetrating a person?
>>
>>30079689
>falling for the +P meme
>>
I've been house carrying recently, given the sit'ation round these parts as of late.

Mag in, but no round chambered. I'm kinda phobic of keeping the trigger out and muh praahlem solva ready to fire.
>>
>>30087013

I mean, more kinetic energy right?
>>
>>30087290
it usually gets very little increase in velocity

You'd be better off handloading

I can do 124gr at 1280 FPS without going +P and that's not even the best powder for my barrel length
>>
none of my guns are loaded

1 loaded mag, with but not in my handgun in my nightstand
>>
>>30079570
AR always behind toilet tank. Chamber clear safety off. Scoped bolt gun always in chimney spark arrestor, chamber clear safety off
>>
>>30087536
but why
>>
>>30079186
I have 12 guns within arms reach now.
5 are loaded, only 1 with a round in the chamber though.
I have more loaded upstairs, and even more unloaded upstairs. Generally I will keep a loaded magazine in every gun, unless its an antique or something. The chamber generally remains clear in all my guns also, except for my carry gun/ guns. I really don't see a reason why I should have every one of my .22's always loaded, or keep all of my Krag Jorgensen's ready for battle.
>>
>ALL
no. only my HD and CC guns are loaded.
>>
>>30081184
Nice holster
>>
File: MAGA.jpg (683 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
MAGA.jpg
683 KB, 2048x1152
All the guns, all the time

>>30079641
Botach had XC1s on sale for $190
Really like it and its bright as fuck for a single AAA Lithium
Fits flush on G19s and looks aesthetic as fuck, wish they made a longer one that took a AA for the full size Glocks
>>
File: 20160528_020847.jpg (4 MB, 3067x1811) Image search: [Google]
20160528_020847.jpg
4 MB, 3067x1811
I keep this little thing at my bedside fully loaded. Hammer down, safety off.
>>
File: Megaman is displeased..jpg (15 KB, 338x395) Image search: [Google]
Megaman is displeased..jpg
15 KB, 338x395
>>30079186

I keep my S&W BG 380 always loaded, safety on, in the kitchen. By my bed, I have my Glock 19, slide locked to the rear, with an empty mag in it, full mags next to it.

I don't like that I have to have it like that, but I sleepwalk and I don't want to shoot the fridge again just because I had a bad dream
>>
>>30089575
>looks aesthetic as fuck
One of the first things I noticed when you or the other anon suggested it. Also like how it' doesn't have a huge bulb area or whatever its called so potentially less chance of it getting smashed or hit. Just the price, I may wait on it and see if the website you just mentioned is having another sale on them.
>>
>>30089883
>I don't like that I have to have it like that, but I sleepwalk and I don't want to shoot the fridge again just because I had a bad dream
Nah man, that makes sense, good on you for being responsible enough to not continue ventilating your fridge. Would a keypad safe let you keep the Glock loaded and ready, or could you unlock it while sleepwalking?
>>
>>30089898

I wouldn't be able to open it in my sleep, but I do have a keypad safe. I choose not to use it because of the fucking BEEP every time I press a button
>>
>>30089897
https://www.botach.com/surefire-xc1-ultra-compact-handgun-light

Set "See Low Price" --> Yes, looks like they're still selling them that way.
>>
>>30089916
>https://www.botach.com/surefire-xc1-ultra-compact-handgun-light
>Set "See Low Price"
Thanks, anon. Appreciate it.
>>
>>30089938
>you might appreciate it, but your wallet sure won't...
>>
>>30089942
Touche. But desu at that price its just a little more than I was wanting to spend and since it takes AAA that makes it even more attractive. Now I need to begin to seriously look at the XC1
>>
>>30089957
Reason I wouldn't mind picking one up is the beam pattern, the weight, and what I suspect will be a very handy UI.
>>
>>30079363
Winchester Ranger is old, It's Train and Defend, now. So they can mark it up, of course
>>
>>30079363
Better take Gold Dots off that list after the recent NYPD fiasco
>>
My two CC guns are always loaded.

My 16" AR .223 is loaded with Speer Gold Dots, and has a battle belt with 2 more mags hanging next to it. My 8.5" 300blk AR pistol is loaded with Vmax and under my bed
>>
>>30086984
Do you? Girlfriend had a family member commit suicide with a 9mm. Round with through this skull, one wall, fiberglass shower wall, solid wooden door and then almost penetrated a second wooden door.
>>
>>30079827

Is that a legit mag retention system or just a series of velcro strips?
>>
>>30083617
If you want to be really ready, keep a gun where you spend hours every day.

it's either under a cushion or behind the end table. I do move them when kids are around, though.
>>
>>30090990
>"wall"

Why are houses in USA made out of paper?
>>
>>30091861
Because we don't live in mud huts or concrete tenements like you do.
>>
>>30085666
why not? ive been told its a good round. I use critical duty in my M&P-9 and critical defense in my shield. Why should I switch anon?
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.