[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PARAMOTOR = CHEAT CODES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
Why haven't I heard anyone discussing these mafks. Some models get 2-4 hours flight time (depending on wind conditions) sustained 40+mph (some even up Tom 80mph). Fly low fly high, take off in relative small area (yard, parking lot , or if winds right u need only a few yards). Some with enough muscle to carry 600lbs. Most models SUB $10k. Why K ? Why not?
>>
Sweet cock he's right
>>
>>30077079
They're deathtraps (Flight Instructor here)
>>
>>30077079
When I used to live out in the country, I'd see people do this in my town. They're literally fly over my property and down into the river in my front yard. It always seemed like such fun and relatively safe. It's just an obscure hobby.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x284
>>
>>30077099
Please explain.
>>
>>30077099
How so?
>>
>>30077125
have you seen james bond when they all fly into trees and blow up
>>
>>30077099
Lol how so?
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>30077143
Lol that's your response? Hahaha idiot.
>>
>>30077178
yes, we learn it in flight instructor school
>>
He's right. My cousin had one and he crashed. Got fucked up pretty bad.
>broken arm
>fractured femur
>ruptured disks
>>
>>30077125
Multiple factors. Not a lot of training required, so generally most don't keep their skills up. There's also tons of low level hazzards such as powerlines, towers, tower cables, etc. Also, if you have an engine failure at low altitude you have almost no time to choose a suitable landing site.
>>
File: image.png (77 KB, 590x586) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 590x586
>>30077198
Ahhhhhh
>>
>>30077212
So your cousins an idiot? "Hurr durr my Cuzn shot hisself in the leg guns aren't safe trus me"
>>
>>30077079
I've considered getting one of these for years but haven't. I've got over $2,000 in a bicycle and thousands more in guns so it's not like I couldn't.
Why I haven't
1. It's kind of just a toy and like the kayak in my garage I haven't taken out in 2 years, will I really use it frequently. It's use is limited to good weather.
2. Where would I fly to exaclty?
3. The cost is significant, doable but still significant and would I spend it on other things?
4. It's too slow to really use as meaningful transportation to go on trips with.

I'm just not sure putzing around at several thousand feet few times a year when the weather is perfect would be the best use of the money. Maybe eventually I'll get one if I can get promoted and my salary goes up substantially.
>>
>>30077236
Within safe conditions, these things are awesome. It was windy and he was headed towards a barn. He tried to turn, overcompensated, and crashed. Some guys the fly ultralights said he's lucky to be alive.
>>
>>30077143
I just watched that movie yesterday on amazon prime.

Shieeeet.
>>
File: fes.jpg (48 KB, 346x404) Image search: [Google]
fes.jpg
48 KB, 346x404
>>30077079
How would we weaponize it?
>>
That's neat and all, but... What would you actually use it for?
It's not fast, it can't take you very far, you can't land most places. For crossing difficult terrain like rivers or mountains I could see it, but that's about it.

Just pony up for a Super Cub or something.
>>
>>30077140
>>30077125

The wing can collapse and you'll fall.

It happens to paragliders sometimes usually during landings or turbulence. This will be worse because you're even heavier with all that fan and engine strapped to you.

I'd rather fly a hang-glider type with a powered harness.
>>
File: 1463860353551.jpg (30 KB, 479x370) Image search: [Google]
1463860353551.jpg
30 KB, 479x370
4 hours at 80mph is enough to get across Lake Erie to Canada.

> I will never bug out of the country with my cat and gear while yelling taunts to the plebs below.

Why live?
>>
>>30077993
It's one of the most-often cited fears of inquiring minds. "But can't that paraglider wing collapse?" they ask. Of course it can. But it turns out that the dreaded collapse has more bark than bite and most are easily avoidable. Even when it happens it's rarely more than a surprising sight. There are, of course, exceptions.

Gaining a mastery of the wing can dramatically reduce the chances of a collapse in the first place. But that mastery comes through sound training and experience. Not just experience boating around in smooth air, but exposing yourself to lower levels of turbulence and maneuvering. Don't think you can read about this here, in the Bible, or anywhere else and just go do it, either. Steep maneuvering in a paraglider is risky beyond its appearances, especially for those who tend to jump ahead of their capabilities.
>>
Gyrocopters are way better

t. Gyrocopter enthusiast

Ask me anything about gyros
>>
>>30077079
You need to learn to paraglide before paramotor.

You won't learn how to land properly and will end up destroying your fan on your first landing.
>>
>>30078142
Up front cost? Pilots license needed?
>>
File: IMG_6905.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6905.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1920
>>30077079

Paramotor pilot here, ask me anything I guess.

>>30077099

Powered paragliding like any other "extreme" sport is as safe as you want to make it. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Exercise sound judgement and make smart decisions and you can have a fun and incredibly safe experience.

>>30077217
>Also, if you have an engine failure at low altitude you have almost no time to choose a suitable landing site.

Kind of like an airplane, amiright?

>>30077993
>This will be worse because you're even heavier with all that fan and engine strapped to you

Actually that additional weight helps keep the wing rigid when flying through turbulence and thermals.

Total collapse of an EN-A or B rated wing is extremely difficult and even then they are designed to reinflate immediately.

>>30078162

Powered Paragliding IS paragliding. And we don't call it "fan" Well, "butt fan" maybe... but the first thing anyone learns is how to properly kite and fly the wing while safely planted on the ground.
>>
>>30078287
>cost
Depends if you buy plans, a kit, or a prebuilt
Expect to shell out about 20k when it's all said and done

>licensee
Depends if you're flying an ultralight or not. If yes, no. If no, then it gets complicated....
>>
>>30078359
I want to get into it. How'd you start? Classes ?
>>
>>30078359
What's your motor and wing setup? You have a particular style of flying?
>>
>>30078359
What motor and wing setup do you have? What would you recommend for flying long range with sustained speeds over 40 mph? I've heard a lot about k2
>>
>>30077079

Travis Haley has one.
>>
File: IMG_9223.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9223.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1280
>>30078502

I live on the Emerald Coast. There are quite a few well regarded instructors here and that's how I picked it up. The most important thing is to GET PROPER TRAINING! Above all else, having the right instruction and training in the skills necessary to be safe are paramount and I cannot emphasize that enough.

>>30078535

I'm flying a Nirvana Instinct 230 on a Dudek Universal 23m wing. Learned on a Rodeo and Ozone Buzz glider. Overall I'm very pleased with my gear, that is everything but the price.

>>30078552

Stay away from the K2 and anything to do with Dell Schanze. It was designed to be a lightweight mountaineering paraglider and never really intended for paramotor use. The only reason it's talked about at all is because Super Dell is a turbo shill.

Also bear in mind that speed has little to do with your motor and almost everything to do with the design of your wing. Reflex's fly fast, speedbars help you go even faster, and the smaller your wing, the less resistance and greater top speed you will achieve. The drawback being smaller glide ratios and thus more thrust and fuel consumption necessary to keep you aloft.
>>
>>30077841
Drop grenades from it
>>
File: 620x180-1.png (101 KB, 405x180) Image search: [Google]
620x180-1.png
101 KB, 405x180
>>30077841

youtu.be/d_z2CA-o13U
>>
File: paramotor sized_r24.jpg (49 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
paramotor sized_r24.jpg
49 KB, 1024x768
>>30077079
Russian politician protection services uses it to fly in the suburb areas.
>>
>>30078787

Didn't Dell Schanze shoot something while flying?

Did know that he kicked an owl.
>>
>>30079252
>Didn't Dell Schanze shoot something while flying?

Yes, and just like the owl video he was dumb enough to post it on youtube. youtu.be/iVm0RxRW3iI
>>
>>30079300

Are the trikes offered by his company any good?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.