[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2nd Amendment Advocacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Is it worth joining any of these groups? Is the NRA worth joining, or are the memes true and it actually makes compromises? What about Gun Owners of America?
>>
>>30076736
No, they're not worth joining.
The NRA is the best when it comes to guaranteeing a counter to anti-gun bullshit in congress, but they're not idealists themselves.
They support gun manufactures, and as such, not only do they not give a shit about older weaponry and imports, but they directly supported import bans (as with Russia)
>>
>>30076736
Look at who they piss off. Look at who demonizes them. That's worth the price of membership right there.
>>
>>30076774
>They support gun manufactures, and as such, not only do they not give a shit about older weaponry and imports, but they directly supported import bans (as with Russia)

The NRA is not some all powerful entity that can dictate legislation. Just because gun or ammo restrictions exist or are adopted does not mean it is because the NRA allowed it. The assertion that the NRA somehow actively supports import bans is ridiculous. What action should the NRA have taken to prevent the sanctions against Russian arms?

If the NRA was really against imports they would have never supported H.R. 2710.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 167x186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 167x186
>>30076736
Meme maybe? Haven't done a thing to help stop the bullshit in Soviet /k/alifornia.
>>
>>30076736
my friend joined the NRA and got a hat.

Some people like >>30076774 say no and only mention that they put tons of money into keeping guns legal, but its more than that. They insure ranges and most of the time train/employ rangemasters.
>>
Their ads make me cringe (there was a recent one that had some stereotypical redneck fucks going on about MUH REAL AMURICA) but they're useful idiots. They should at least support background checks though.
>>
>>30078794
Main reason why I haven't donated to them in a while.

Don't get me wrong when I first started buying gun back in 2014 I was supporting them and giving $20 here and $20 there when I could.

Lately it just seems pointless, they aren't even trying. So now a days I just use those $20 for ammo or parts if I can get it.
>>
>>30076804
Fuck off, Phil.
>>
>>30078794
Wouldn't that be a state-level group's responsibility? I thought the NRA was more of a national thing.
>>
>>30078794
The majority of Californians oppose the NRA. If it stepped in, it would probably hurt more than it helped. It has been harshly critical of the new measures, but ultimately its power lies with the votes of its members, and it doesn't have many members in CA.
>>
File: NRAPaysOffEveryone!.png (355 KB, 635x656) Image search: [Google]
NRAPaysOffEveryone!.png
355 KB, 635x656
>>30076804
>>30081874
It's not wrong, though. I love seeing people use the NRA as a scapegoat.
>>
>>30076736
nah bro. just vote for Hillary. she has never passed a gun control law like mittens did.
>>
>>30078794
Google the name Peruta versus San Diego to see how much the NRA cares about California. Many sheriffs are now issuing CCW permits because of the NRA, looks like the entire 9th court district might be shall issue in the coming months or years due to their efforts. I'm a Californian and a Life Member of the NRA.
>>
>>30078877
>should at least support background checks
Shall not be infringed

Pretty sure civilians like you would be unqualified for your mandatory background checks, sorry. Perhaps some pepper spray or a whistle would be more appropriate for the unwashed masses. You start making these laws and people start changing them so nobody can pass the background check, we had this in California for a while, where the sheriffs wanted you to prove to their satisfaction that you were an upstanding citizen worthy of a CCW with letters of recommendation they would actually investigate, has since been determined to be illegal and they've stopped doing it. Probably had something to due with the NRA or Calguns.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.