[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
riddle of steel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: PtEo4P8.jpg (544 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
PtEo4P8.jpg
544 KB, 2000x1333
whats the 411 on steel receivers
>>
No benefit over aluminum unless using it as a hammer was a goal..

However it looks gorgeous blued or case hardened
>>
>>30076102
Well that was quick, time to go do something productive like hit the weights. By hit the weights I mean sit on the weight bench and browse /k/
>>
File: Turnbull AR.jpg (512 KB, 2400x680) Image search: [Google]
Turnbull AR.jpg
512 KB, 2400x680
>>30076102
>>
>>30076364
whats up with the finish on the stock?
>>
>>30076076
Overkill. But if you like it's your money so do what you want.
>>
>>30076364
>Steel DPMS receivers on an AR that expensive

gets me erry time.
>>
>>30076727
More sex
>>
>>30076727

Burls in the wood.
>>
>>30076746
>DPMS
i don't think they make them steel any longer
>>
>>30076076
idk but that is a sexy lower would actually consider that just because I like the way it looks
>>
everytime i asked about steel receivers the mallninjas would come out their caves and tell me the idea is stupid
because muh weight
or muh unnecessary strength
muh 7075 T6
or whatever

but know what? what if i DO want a heavy receiver set for a 24" heavy bullbarrel precision setup?

however nobody imports them to europe...
>>
>>30079761
how much weight could it actually add and how much would it actually affect someone using it, I doubt that the steel would add significantly to the weight of the rifle and you would have to be so weak for it to make a difference that I doubt a 10/22 would be operable to you if it did
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.