[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walther PPQ or HK VP9? This would be for concealed carry. I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1457039840212.jpg (40 KB, 391x604) Image search: [Google]
1457039840212.jpg
40 KB, 391x604
Walther PPQ or HK VP9? This would be for concealed carry. I'd also be jogging at night with this and if I can't carry it easily I might just fanny pack it up but if one of these is ok to jog in please let me know.

About 6'2" 200lbs

I might be up for a single stack but personally do not like having lower capacity. I know I'm so unlikely to need more than 8 rounds but I'm one of those people who's luck would be getting jumped by like 6 people so yeah capacity is important to me. I'm open to buying a summer carry next year but not for this summer since I'll be travelling abroad for most of it. The only single stack I like is the PPS. I might be up for a compromise with a fns-9c because it at least holds 12 rounds although it's still double stack.

I've already shot these and many others; including fns-9, shield, xds, storm, sig p226, glock 19, Walther ccp, cz-p07, 1911s, Beretta 92, mp9c, and cz rami. Those are what I can remember.
>>
I should add I want to pay less than 800 for the gun preferably under 700.
>>
>>30075589
Sig p320 or nothing
>>
>>30075589
ppq out of those two. VP9 a shit. Seriously get a glock 19 or fns-9.
>>
I've got a related question, is there any reason not to get the PPQ M2 Navy over the regular PPQ M2? Does better if the gun gets submerged, slightly longer barrel, and threaded barrel for attaching suppressors. Only like a $50 price difference too. Any down side?
>>
I own a PPQ, put around 10K rounds through it. Only one jam, and it was my fault. The trigger, like everyone else says, is damn good for a pistol. I don't personally own a VP9, but my buddy does. The only thing I notice that is different is the checkering on the grip. It still works, but it doesn't feel like a PPQ. Also, the trigger is slightly heavier. Either way you go, you're getting a damn fine gun. If you want several options with one gun, I'd go with a VP9. HK has a huge following, and there is going to be a pretty big aftermarket with it. If you want a gun that just plain works, but don't care about aftermarket stuff, go with Walther. Again, you're getting a beautiful gun either way.
>>
>>30075813
I was feeling out the sig p320 at the shop but didn't have the chance to shoot it. I didn't like the ergos on it compared to the hk and Walther but it was alright. Any particular reason the sig over the others?
>>
>>30075866
Would you say your ppq is more or about the same in concealability than your buddy's vp9? Also, how do you carry it and have you summer carried it?
>>
>>30075829
I feel like this is bait, but please provide your reasoning. I personally don't like Glockenspiel triggers at all
>>
File: 1456720425458.jpg (179 KB, 589x683) Image search: [Google]
1456720425458.jpg
179 KB, 589x683
>>30075860
Also want to know this...
>>
Walther is trash. I have known two people who have owned a ppq, and both of them broke. The frame cracked on the one and the ejector broke on the other.

Half of the YouTube reviews show the PPQ having some kind of problems as well.

In IraqVeteran8888's review the gun was failing to hold open on the last shot and then something broke.

The MAC review of the gun also showed it failing to hold open on the last shot

There was at least one other video I watched that showed it unable to feed some kind of hollowpoint but I can't remember the channel.

I would get literally any other decent modern handgun before trusting Walther. Go HK, Sig, or Glock
>>
>>30076131
That's interesting since I've heard that PPQ is very reliable but I'm guessing HK is much more reliable. Are these anomalies in people's experiences with Walther and what about the PPS?
>>
>>30075589
Do you live in Detroit or Germany where it's needed for jogging
>>
>>30075934
Both of ours were pretty easy to conceal. During the winter I carry it in the 7 o'clock position (lefty), and he carries his in the ~4:30 position. It's easy to conceal under a hoodie, but summer can be difficult. During summer I normally carry in appendix under a t shirt and a light button down shirt. I know he had an issue with the VP9 trying to "roll," but it was mainly his holster not secured properly. He got a different one and it worked great.
>>
>>30076131
I dunno what happened with theirs, but mine is flawless. It is pretty easy to accidentally rest your thumb on the slide catch, thus prohibiting the slide from holding open, but if you use any other grip besides the "1911 high grip," you won't have any problems.
>>
>>30076131
I had the same problem shooting my grandpa's PPQ, then I relized it was just my grip was causing my thumb to hold down the slide release. An easy fix.
>>
>>30075589
I have owned a VP9 for a year and a half and it is a excellent handgun. Has not malfunctioned at all yet and the ergonomics are great. Go check one out at a shop and see what you think but I've heard great things about the ppq as well and fns 9.
>>
Any issues with the vp9?
>>
>>30076944
My friend didn't have any issues with his. He is also a more experienced handgun shooter than I am, so I dunno if that has anything to do with it. My "jam" was caused my me limp wristing. The slide ejected the casing and started to load another round, but didn't completely shut forward. It went click, I hit the slide, and it was good to go after that. This was with my PPQ
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.