[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Glocks so popular? Are they just the best at what they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: MUCh4Fk.jpg (812 KB, 2800x2100) Image search: [Google]
MUCh4Fk.jpg
812 KB, 2800x2100
Why are Glocks so popular?
Are they just the best at what they do?
WHAT DO THEY EVEN DO?
>>
Explode
>>
Shoot boolits retard
>>
>>30075566
Good marketing, they're used in just about every movie and by LEOs.
When the fact is they work just like every other handgun.
>>
>>30076015
Oh.
That makes more sense then.
>>
Lots of them everywhere = lots of spare parts during shtf
>>
Current American attitude is cheaper = better "so cheap I'll buy a new one when it breaks"

Average normie doesn't value quality

Surpringly hi points arn't too popular, which I assume is glocks advertising Dept on full shill
>>
>>30076254
It's always been surprising to me that people hate on hi-points, honestly.
I've got a hi-point 9mm pistol and put thousands of rounds through it with very few problems, except for when I first got it.
I'd trust my life with a hi-point, in all honesty.
>>
>>30076254
If only that we're true but your statement kinda eats itself alive. The "average" normie as you put it doesn't know the difference between a pos and quality outside of what the local pd uses or what's flashy. Breakage and replacement aren't real consideration there because "average" normies buy into the Rep.
>>
By this point their popularity is just self-sustaining. Spare parts are cheap and plentiful, as are accessories and every gunsmith knows how to work with them because everybody has one.

They got popular because the G17 was the first 'good' polymer wonder9.

Don't get me wrong, they're great guns but there's equally good options out there now and sometimes for less money. Small arms design has reached a plateau so when you buy one just go on preference.
>>
Simple, no worries about abusing them, reliable, every caliber and size imaginable, good trigger, relatively low price.
>>
>>30075566

Glocks are literally the best handgun design ever implemented. Reliably, light, easy to use.

The only reason to own anything other than a glock is if you want a revolver or a long gun. There is no better handgun than a glock fur use as a defensive/offensive weapon. Doesn't exist, probably never will. For aesthetics sure there are other guns that look cool, for match grade accuracy yea you could do a bit better out of the box. For what a gun is meant to do though the glock is perfection.
>>
Nigger culture T B h
>>
>>30077403
>no .50ae glock yet
hold your tongue
I haven't gotten my dream gun yet
OH WAIT, A LITTLE PLASTIC FRAME COULDN'T SUPPORT IT
>>
>>30076405
The few honest reviews I've seen on Hi-Points say exactly this. According top people that have owned them and used them, they are actually pretty damn dependable
>>
>>30077412
>For what a gun is meant to do though the *P226 is perfection.
ftfy
>>
>>30077798
It seems that there's like a 30% chance that you get a "bad one", like there's a whole bunch of hi-points that are defective right out of the box and that's where the bad reputation comes from. The good ones are reliable enough.
>>
>>30077920
Those people just don't have enough knowhow or drive to find out what troubles the gun and fix it.
Mine had trouble when I first got it many years ago and I don't recall quite what it was, but it lead to very consistent stovepiping.
Basically, I just had to shave off some tiny bit of malformed or jagged metal and it was good to go for countless ammunition.
>>
>>30075566

Glock is the Toyota Corolla of handguns

It'll do 99% of what you ask from it for 99% of the population, including LEOs and the military

and they're fairly inexpensive, too.
>>
They're alright after you replace the trigger, sights, and magazines.
>>
>>30078234

at which point you may as well just buy an SP2022 instead
>>
>>30078148
Well that's more power to the haters. If you have to shave off pieces of metal and scrape off paint from the chamber and test all kinds of ammo to see which one works best, all to make the gun shoot decently, that's what makes people say "fuck that".
>>
>>30078266
also forgot to mention the magazines often need twicking.
>>
>>30078266
Possibly so, but they're very, very simple fixes to make a 150-175 dollar gun into a lifelong, dependable firearm.
I can use any ammo at all through it though and it works just fine.

>>30078289
I have no doubt I got lucky, but I've been using the same 2 magazines for the past 8 years or so
>>
>>30077403
agreed. They're inexpensive, accurate, easy to take care of. I have a glock 23 9mm and the thing is really nice. Extremely accurate out to 30 feet. Which if you're practicing a hand gun any further than that you're a gun nerd and not interested in self defense. also .50 is for hobbyist gun culture not self defense. Not saying the gun is unmatched, but it is nice for concealed carry.
>>
>>30076405
I would not trust them with my pride.
>>
>>30078234
>>30078251
>>30078266
>>30078289
I don't understand why you wouldn't just spend the extra money on a better pistol instead of upgrading a mid level one.
>>
>>30077372
>>30075566
Because the 19 is the new IT gun. The one for popular kids to have. When you hear teens who know nothing about guns absolutely brag on the merits of the 19 over all other guns you know it's a passing fancy. Its merely a meh pistol. Not great and not shitty. Kinda like modern restaurants that make bland good so the largest amount of people will be repeat customers. No strong tastes so the least amount of people will be turned off by something they serve.
>>
>>30078355
75% of thsoe posts were about hi-points

you fool
>>
>>30078344
that's called being too self-important
I was there once
>>
>>30078325
>Possibly so, but they're very, very simple fixes to make a 150-175 dollar gun into a lifelong, dependable firearm.
I get that but it's still a bummer and it disappoints the customer. The company would have a much better reputation if the quality control was a little more thorough.
>>
>>30075566
>WHAT DO THEY EVEN DO?
Attempt to expel a bullet at high velocity through the mechanism of a firing pin striking ammunition which contains smokeless powder and a primer which then detonates violently usually resulting in the plastic frame of the glock exploding outwards under the pressure permanently maiming or killing the person holding the weapon.
>>
>>30078648
yeah, but I guess there's nothing we can really do.
Desert Eagles in America tend to have some slipups in quality control that lead to issues, but I think those are a bit harder to fix
>>
File: 1445121621088.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1445121621088.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
IMO the Glock is the best bang for your buck. You get a super reliable pistol that is accurate, holds many rounds, good magazines, lots of accessories, etc etc for a pretty decent price; around $500.

The only other pistols I would consider to be as good (if not better) than a Glock are
>Sig P226
>H&K USP
>Browning Hi-Power

If you're looking for a self defense pistol, it should be between these 4 pistols. Not saying you shouldn't buy anything else, just saying there really isn't a reason to unless you just like the looks or ergonomics.

Personally my favorite is the Glock 17 because of it having 17 rds magazines. I have the 17, 19, and 26 and are all fantastic pistols.

I also have the P226 and a USP, also great pistols, but when I reach for my gun in a real world scenario, it's going to be a Glock.
>>
>>30079087
>The only other pistols I would consider to be as good (if not better) than a Glock are
>>Sig P226
>>H&K USP
>>Browning Hi-Power
The fact that the M&P, effectively a carbon copy of the Glock and just as reliable, isn't the very first item on that list, means you don't know shit.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.