[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get tough, /k/? I'm talking both physical pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
How do I get tough, /k/?

I'm talking both physical pain tolerance and mentally. I want to be able to look death in the eyes and tell it to fuck off.
>>
>>30074686
If you need to ask, you can't.
>>
>>30074686

Run every day and eat three meals a day at least.

Do this riguroulsy and then hit the gym.

Pick up a contact sport or fighting sport of any kind and be good at it.

The only thing you really need to do is doing it.
>>
>>30074701

Shit-tier propaganda.

You shit memes and you dont even know it.
>>
Join a boxing gym or some serious Karate school. No strip mall mcdojo shit.
>>
File: 1443754392758.jpg (63 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
1443754392758.jpg
63 KB, 550x448
>>
>>30074686
If you're not in the military, a hard workout regimen helps.
Others are better suited to give advice on what that is, but I grew a lot tougher and more disciplined in all things when I started weight training.
>>
Shock therapy.

Get someone to waterboard you daily.
>>
>>30074732
To be honest a bitch is still a bitch regardless of what physical shape they're in.

I mean we've all seen it, those dudes with the huge upper bodies who cross their arms and stare, or spread their arms while walking around and doing some "what you gonna do brah?" but when push comes to shove that's basically the full extent of their ability, just trying to look tough.
>>
>>30074686
Gym, get big, and let people beat the shit out of you on a regular basis until it doesn't hurt as bad. Maybe have a friend waterboard you on a regular basis in order to develop mental strength.

Good luck OP. Also maybe livestream the waterboarding session for us.
>>
Get yourself a shock collar and give yourself progressively longer shocks.

Get into fights with progressively bigger people.

Mainline progressively less pure cocaine. Move onto mcat when you plateau.

Shoot yourself with smaller calibre bullets to build up a resistance to larger ones.
>>
>>30074686
pcp or krokodil
>>
File: bz.png (49 KB, 620x626) Image search: [Google]
bz.png
49 KB, 620x626
>>30074833
Nah man those will just numb the pain.

What you need is some good old-fashioned BZ.
>>
>>30074794
training in a gym and on the track help keep muscles and bones dense -- preventing injury. Training also helps you master some of the "mind over matter" it takes to push your body past its usual limits. It won't always help how you react to having your nose crushed in by a sucker punch, but it'll help you keep from dislocating your shoulder when you fall down. It CAN help you react to painful stimulus in a more productive/positive manner, as well.
>>
Embrace the suck, and join the military. Or police a bad neighborhood. Life experience in tense situations will make you tough.
>>
>>30074686

Go work as a processor on a trawler in Alaska.

Craigslist ads for the Seattle area are the easiest way to get in on it.

You will have no friends if you're white, you'll work hard 18 hours a day, people will actively try to make you quit, and you'll make good money if you don't wimp out.

It was the hardest thing I've done physically, not because of any one piece of work, but because you have no recovery time. At all.

It was the hardest mentally because you are among the most uncaring individuals you can meet without going to federal prison. No one will help you until you prove yourself, and even afterward some still won't.

A lot of people quit their before their first shift is over.
>>
I have come to accept that my fight or flight response sits very decidedly in the "flight" camp.
>>
>>30076037
Better than me, I'm not a tough guy but my instinct in past encounters has been to move to engage the threat. Fortunately they've never gotten to melee stage, and I do carry a gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
Give up hope. It's easy to look death in the face when you're already dead inside
>>
>>30074686
https://youtu.be/eEEVNX7dSCU
>>
>>30074686
How about accepting that your body knows the difference between a close quarters lethal force encounter even if your higher brain doesn't and you will spazz out no matter what you do.... and train accordingly. Physically and mentally.

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Get-Killed-Rex-Applegate/dp/1581605587
>>
>>30074686
Old school combat- boxing, muay thai and then dump heaps of cardio.
Had a look at a few other things, but in civilian world there's pretty much nothing else out there which compares to some of the harder military qualifications.

Either that or get married.
I'd do another tour or two than have to live with angry wife
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.