[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/K/ approved books WW1 Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
I really love books on war or memoirs. I especially love those about WW1. Anyone have any recommendationsb besides Seven Pillars of Wisdom, All Quiet on the Western Front, A Farewell to Arms, and pic related?
>>
>>30074229
Those are pretty much the ones I know. I think I read in an article that there's a book called "I was pilot of a red fighter" but I'm not sure. Also I think red Baron's book is available.

Check out amazon
>>
>>30074229
Ernst Junger Storm of Steel
>>
The price of glory by Allister horne.

all about verdun.

An amazing read
>>
>>30074229
I checked it out, the first title is a book from a mexican pilot that fought for the Republicans during the spanish civil war.

If you're interested, the original name is: "Yo fui piloto de caza rojo" by Francisco Tarazona TorĂ¡n.

and there's a book from Richthofen is : The red fighter pilot
>>
>>30074229
The Pity of War, Niall Ferguson
>>
>>30074229
The Guns of August
>>
/r/ing the title of this one WW1 book of a soldiers diary and it abruptly stops at the end
>>
File: 124123432143214.jpg (31 KB, 313x499) Image search: [Google]
124123432143214.jpg
31 KB, 313x499
>>30074229
10/10 book
If you weren't saying "fuck Chechnya" before, you certainly will after reading this
>>
>>30074437
Shit, didn't notice the WW1 part until after I posted, just ignore this
>>
>>30074419
sounds a bit like All Quiet on the Western Front
>>
>>30074446
No, thanks. Will definitely look into it. Seems cool.
>>
Can someone tell me if this book is good?
>>
>>30074229
Read 'All Quiet on the Western Front' as required reading this year, and that was one of the most powerful books I've ever read
>>
>>30074229

The two best have already been mentioned
>>30074314
and
>>30074353

I would also reccomend Le Feu, for another take on the French perspective, and Infantry Attacks, for Rommel's exploits in his mountain battalion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.