[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legality on built-in weapons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: djtyjdt66.jpg (3 KB, 344x146) Image search: [Google]
djtyjdt66.jpg
3 KB, 344x146
Hey, /k/ommandos.

I've been tinkering on a pseudo-full stealth Jeep Rubicon. So far, it has bulletproof tires, "stealth" kevlar wheels, RF-absorbent paint, EM-proofing, radar/laser jammers, and hidden deployable road spikes.

I live in NC, and am wordering if it'd be legal to put custom-built machine guns (thinking about .30 or .223) behind the headlights. I'd build a mechanism which would shift the headlights out of the way with the push of a button, and the guns would be exposed, and would shoot at the push of a tact switch.

Is there anything illegal about doing this?
>>
>>30071937
>You have to be over 18 to post
>>
>>30071937
>Is there anything illegal about doing this?
>machine guns
yes

unless you have a ton of money to spend on some already registered ones

saged
>>
>>30071937
it is illegal in every state to mount an operational firearm to a vehicle. if you remove the firing pin and disable the weapon in such a way that you can replace the parts after shtf then youre gold.
>>
>>30071962
It's legal to own a minigun, which classifies as a "machine gun".

>>30071968
Alright, but suppose they weren't armed until needed? (aka martial law, get away fast, etc.)
>>
>>30071962
Money is no issue.
>>
Summer /k/amp is here.
>>
>>30071989
There are only a handful of transferable mini guns in the united states,

The last one that sold was in 2010ish for $250,000
>>
>>30071960
This is truth.

>>30071989
It doesn't matter what's legal because you're a dumb teenager or a developmentally stunted adult.

>>30072038
It is because again you are either a dumb teenager or an autistic man
>>
>>30071968
>it is illegal in every state to mount an operational firearm to a vehicle
Shit, what if I'm planning on buying a tank and rearming the main cannon? Do I just need to drive with the gun disassembled or what?
>>
>>30072793
Tank guns are normally deactivated.
>>
>>30072820
Hence
>rearming
>>
>>30071937

Translation:

>hey /k/, I'm bored in algebra class and I'm doodling my idea of a sooper shweet James Bond car in my MLP notebook
>>
File: 1464042278134.jpg (69 KB, 498x482) Image search: [Google]
1464042278134.jpg
69 KB, 498x482
>>30071937
Yes literally half of this is illegal.
>Radar/laser jammers
Illegal and also heavily controlled.
>custom built machine guns
Illegal unless you're a type 7 FFL with a class III SOT stamp. This will cost you something like $10k a year to maintain. You also need a lawyer on retainer.
>mounting the above onto a vehicle
Illegal once again unless you have very specific licenses and authorizations.

>>30071989
>It's legal to own a minigun, which classifies as a "machine gun".
After paying a $200 tax stamp along with enough to buy a nice house for the actual gun if you can even find a seller with a transferable one.

Now lets touch on some other things.
>bullet proof tires
Don't exist. Period. Unless your definition of "bullet proof" is some 40 inch monstrosity of a mudding tire.
>kevlar wheels
What is this I don't even. Are you confusing wheels with tires?
>RF absorbent paint
Highly classified, highly restricted.
>EM proofing
Cars are already EM proof you idiot, all the important shit is tucked under metal.
>deployable road spikes
This isn't fast and furious, what on earth would you even use these for?

>>30072793
You can't drive a tank on public streets.
>>
>>30071968
Sauce on this please. I can find nothing.
>>
>>30072979
>You can't drive a tank on public streets.
You can if you do a bunch of work and make them road legal. IE, no longer really a tank because wheels.
>>
>>30072979
You literally couldn't be more fucking wrong.

Its not a Faraday cage dumbass metal enclosures do not stop EM/EMP.

A modern car is not EMP proof
>>
>>30071937
>Bulletproof "Stealth" Kevlar Wheels
>>
>>30072988
They're illegal for different reasons in different states. Here in CO you can't have a loaded long arm in your vehicle at any time.

>>30073005
Some places will allow rubber footed treads but good luck getting them.
>>
>>30071937

Jack Richland plz go
>>
>>30073005
Or rubber tracks..
>>
File: Z7qE8zz.png (15 KB, 457x234) Image search: [Google]
Z7qE8zz.png
15 KB, 457x234
>>30073012
>I'm a fucking moron that can't do any research, please fuck my cock gargling mouth
At absolute worst it will turn your car off and reset your clock, at which point you just turn it back on again. In this study I think there was like, a single car that actually had to go to a mechanic for a major issue, every other one either had nothing go wrong with it or it could all be fixed by pulling the battery and putting it back in. Save the one example there was nothing that actually impacted the functionality of the vehicle past turning it off, requiring a normal restart.

http://www.futurescience.com/emp/vehicles.html
>>
>>30073019
It's more or less illegal in SC because

>Finally, South Carolina prohibits the possession, carrying or having readily accessible a loaded centerfire rifle, or shotgun loaded with a shot size “larger than number four” on a public road or railroad right-of-way if the person does not have permission to hunt the land immediately adjacent thereto. This prohibition does not apply, however, to a centerfire rifle or shotgun contained in a vehicle traveling on a public road, a closed compartment, or a closed vehicle trunk.
>S.C. Code Ann. § 50-11-760.

Really vague law though. Doesn't say what makes the gun "contained" though, which more or less means that it's up to cops to decide.
>>
File: Alvis Saladin Armored Car.jpg (497 KB, 1444x824) Image search: [Google]
Alvis Saladin Armored Car.jpg
497 KB, 1444x824
>>30072979
I'm getting an armored car actually.

So not really a tank.
But it still has a turret.
>>
>>30073083
>I'm getting an armored car actually.
No you're not. The cannon is classified as a destructive device. You will not be able to get ammo for it anyway even if you do somehow get the cannon operational again.
>>
>>30072793
a tank is overweight and overwidth, you'd need a special permit to operate it on most roads, last time i saw a tank driving down a road in the US -legally- was a parade for the troops returning from desert storm.

and provided you got the permits, yes you'd have to unmount the machineguns/coax and remove the breech block for the main gun.

additionally, if you want to transport the registered NFA items across state lines you'd need to file notice with the ATF
>>
>>30072979
RF shielding paint is classified and restricted? Someone better tell a lot of the electric guitar manufacturers this, since they use it in the body cavities to shield the electronics from interference.
>>
>>30073012
>a car does not stop EM

OH, well I guess Ill just tell all the HAM operators that they can go ahead and start mounting their antennas on their passenger seats then
>>
>>30073019
rubber-footed BMP treads are pretty common, same for T-55/T-72
>>
>>30073113
The kind that will affect proper radar is.
>>
>>30073098
well actually anon, assuming he's not lying, he can reactivate the canon and just remove the breech block for driving around.

Also there is a whole culture of people in the US who are devoted to NFA/DD weapons and who hunt down old ammo and casings, reload it, and take it to places to shoot.

its a hobby for people with the means to pursue it though...
>>
>>30073206
>Also there is a whole culture of people in the US who are devoted to NFA/DD weapons and who hunt down old ammo and casings, reload it, and take it to places to shoot.
Yes, but those aren't the people who need to ask on a chinese finger painting forum if driving around with radar jammers and machine guns is legal or not.
>>
>>30071968
>implying

>>30072979
>You can't drive a tank on public streets.
fucking wrong
>>
>>30073166
radar ABSORBANT paint isnt something that you can waltz into sherwin williams and buy a gallon of

but RF shielding paint is

http://www.lessemf.com/paint.html
>>
>>30072979
>Bullet proof tires
I think he means "self sealing tires" made of the same materials that US American planes had with their fuel tanks
>>
>>30073223
true, but the poster i was replying said "cant"

where there's a dollar there's a way
>>
>>30073224
>fucking wrong
You "can" but it requires somewhat extensive modification along with being limited on where it can go due to just being a fucking tank and weighing 20 tons.

>>30073234
Interdasting

>>30073255
That was me. It was more a jab at OP because he's too retarded to be able to source it.

>>30073241
Do they even make those?
>>
>>30073265
Not sure, but if anon has connections and/or experience making shit, he *might* acquire those materials.
>>
>>30073274
Just did a quick search, the materials and method is used in modern day motorsports and there are companies that make such materials. Question is if they can make tires with that system
>>
>>30073265
Ive never heard of bullet proof tires, Im sure that there are bullet resistant tires and the military tested those wheel/tire combo things on hummers.

regular tires are actually pretty bullet resistant, a lot of hand gun rounds wont penetrate tire tread head on or glancing, and not all will penetrate sidewall of thick tires (the more ply the more resistant) from more than very close range.

commercial run flats typically have a reinforced sidewall to allow driving at speed with loss of pressure, others have self sealing goo inside, and still others have a rigid foam ring around the wheel itself that can be driven on (more for actual armored vehicles like a bank would use)

all of these have drawbacks however
>>
>>30071937
0/10
>saged
>>
>>30073265
also, Im pretty sure RF shielding paint would make you more visible to radar, not less
>>
>>30073354
Might be something like airless tires. Not bullet resistant, but in theory one hole won't fuck you over.
>>
>>30073234
If I was a movie theater owner, I'd paint the inside with that RF shielding paint.
>>
>>30073491
RF paint is more for small scale, very weak interference.

like the above poster pointed out, they paint the inside of electric guitars with it so the pickups recieve better.

i doubt painting a movie theater would block cell reception, even if did, the phone company would eventually notice that customers phones were having connection problems and boost the tower signal and add an antenna or adjust sensitivity

but like i said i doubt it would affect mobile operations at all.

you need a jammer for that
>>
>>30073291
>>30073354
Found some sauce on "Self Healing Rubber" along with an article. Not necessarily bullet proof but it will seal itself to prevent air loss in the tire.
>http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsami.5b05041?tokenDomain=presspac&tokenAccess=presspac&forwardService=showFullText&journalCode=aamick
>http://gizmodo.com/with-this-self-healing-rubber-your-flat-tire-can-fix-i-1732706358
>>
>>30073062
Not that I necessarily disagree, but the oldest car was an 02', it's almost been 15 years and given how you can now remote "hack" a car, I'm sure it will do a bit more than just fuck the radio
>>
File: Saladin2Paget3.jpg (196 KB, 1538x912) Image search: [Google]
Saladin2Paget3.jpg
196 KB, 1538x912
>>30073098
>>30073223
I'm a different guy than OP, unlike him I'm actually doing my own research into this, I plan to start up a business, with the proper FFL and other licences to keep all this shit, though I didn't actually know about not being able to drive with the gun in working order, I haven't worried about that level of specifics yet since I know I won't be able to actually go through with this plan for a few more years and I have plenty of time to do research.

I plan on painting my company logo on the side and driving it around town for fun and attention(advertising), and making videos of me shooting shit with the cannon.
>>
>>30073730
These days it will probably knock out shit like the backup cameras and the like but the drivetrain/steering stuff should still be fine.

>remote hack
Unless there's been some new developments, doesn't that require physical access to the vehicle prior to the hacking and using an exploit that has since been patched?

>>30073916
God speed anon. As for the gun, most states would just require you to pull the breach off. Can't really give you a ticket for an empty tube. Just be sure to talk to a lawyer first though.
>>
>>30073354
IIRC run flats with foam are really shitty for gas mileage because of a lot of rolling resistance
>>
>>30073491
and you would be then buttfucked by the FCC if it actually had enough effect to hurt cell phone reception stupid nigger
>>
>>30074031
You're allowed to use materials that block cellphone reception. My local highschool has a Faraday cage built into the walls specifically to block cellphones.
>>
>>30074047
>>30074031
>go into theater/school
>sit down
>try to text my man
>shit it wont work
>someone starts shooting shit up
>shitshitshit
>call 911
>its blocked
>die
>>
>>30074047
No it doesnt
>>
>>30074047
>My local highschool has a Faraday cage built into the walls specifically to block cellphones.
lol no, that's fuddlore type shit the highschoolers think up to explain why their shitty five year old cricket smartphone has no signal through four feet of concrete.
>>
>>30074100
>>30074106
>>30074119
I watched them install it.
>>
>>30074139
>I watched them install it.
Are you sure you're not confusing a faraday cage for just normal reinforced concrete?
>>
>>30074149
It was a fine wire mesh, like you see inside a microwave window. It wasn't rebar.
>>
Holy shit

I've always wanted to build a James Bond car.

Anyone here that says they don't want to is fucking lying or too addicted to wearing the "grown up mask". You're still a stupid child inside and you know you'd love to have a car with hidden machine guns and rocket launchers.
>>
>>30074100
>not shooting back as you use the most effective escape route that you planned our as soon as you entered the theatre

You don't belong here.
>>
File: 64645.jpg (43 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
64645.jpg
43 KB, 450x338
>>30074164
This?
>>
File: 1454311430856.jpg (35 KB, 463x489) Image search: [Google]
1454311430856.jpg
35 KB, 463x489
>>30074100
>being cucked enough to wait for police to take down the shooter
>not taking down the shooter with your daily carry
>>
>>30073566
>like the above poster pointed out, they paint the inside of electric guitars with it so the pickups recieve better.

I'm the poster who said that. It doesn't make the pickups receive better, it reduces the interference/noise they pick up from the electrical system in the room (the "60 cycle hum").

>but like i said i doubt it would affect mobile operations at all.

Yeah, maybe not. If so, I'd make a faraday cage, cuz fuck those fuckers with the fucking phones in the fucking movie.
>>
>>30074031
>nd you would be then buttfucked by the FCC if it actually had enough effect to hurt cell phone reception

If I used active means such as a jammer, yes. If I put a copper screen behind my wallpaper, nope.

>stupid nigger

Feel free to attend one of my competitors who is more tolerant of stupid, inconsiderate retards such as yourself fucking up the movie experience of the other customers.
>>
>>30074100
>call 911
>its blocked
>die

there will be landline phones in the theater, dumbass.
>>
>>30074368
>police arrive the moment you kill the shooter
>you're standing over a dead body with a gun in your hand, blood covering you and dead bodies littering the room
>"GET ON THE GROUND"
>bang bang bang
>god bless america
>>
File: british-bobby-costume.jpg (250 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
british-bobby-costume.jpg
250 KB, 1750x2500
>>30074664
"Operator? Yes, operator? Could you please connect me to the constabulary, there seems to be some fervorous commotion happening abouts the motion picture theatre. Hm, yes, I suppose I can hold. Cheerio."
>>
>>30074664
>Someone discovers the landline number
>phone in the theatre loudly ringing every 30 seconds thanks to fucking 4chins

brilliant m8
>>
>>30074768

Not IN THE THEATER ITSELF, you fucking retard.

And it's for calling out when there's an emergency. it can sit there with the ringer off, or even off the hook if you and your butt buddies decide to call it over and over.
>>
>>30074916
If you have the leave the theatre to call for help, why have the phone at all?

Are you really this dense?
>>
>>30074175
The thing about a James Bond car is that it's sleek and stylish more than useful, I.e. Not a fucking jeep
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.