[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20 16/may/26/china-send-nuc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 17
File: china sub.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1152) Image search: [Google]
china sub.jpg
398 KB, 1920x1152
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/26/china-send-nuclear-armed-submarines-into-pacific-us
What's next /k/? What do they want to show/say with this?
>>
>>30070646
That they're ready to get their shit kicked in hard.
>>
>>30070646
>A nation attempting to build up it's navy sends naval assets to its largest coast.
Gee willikers mithter! Next you'll tell us they have army assets on the borders with korea and russia!
>>
>>30070646
China is just flexing it's muscles. They're not actually retarded enough to to firing off missiles, just like the US and Russia didn't start launching nukes once we had ballistic subs.
>>
>>30070646

About time.

>The Chinese military is poised to send submarines armed with nuclear missiles into the Pacific Ocean for the first time, arguing that new US weapons systems have so undermined Beijing’s existing deterrent force that it has been left with no alternative.

>Chinese military officials are not commenting on the timing of a maiden patrol, but insist the move is inevitable.

>They point to plans unveiled in March to station the US Thaad anti-ballistic system in South Korea, and the development of hypersonic glide missiles potentially capable of hitting China less than an hour after launch, as huge threats to the effectiveness of its land-based deterrent force.

>A recent Pentagon report to Congress predicted that “China will probably conduct its first nuclear deterrence patrol sometime in 2016”, though top US officers have made such predictions before.

That China didnt do it earlier, was because the Chink communist leaders were inherently cowards and wished to maintain their corruption money in the US, as well as to do more business to enrich themselves.

Good job, America. You have successfully pushed people who could have been simply bought off into the corner and forced their hands to push back and to defend themselves.
>>
>>30070659
dude, i heard they have military aircraft at airbases there too
>>
File: lol.gif (517 KB, 115x86) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
517 KB, 115x86
>>30070659
>China
>Navy
>mfw
>>
>>30070646
I'm pretty sure there is also one or two british or french subs in the area.

It means nothing.
>>
>>30070721
PLA Navy:

Second Largest and strongest navy in the world:

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/the-five-most-powerful-navies-the-planet-10610

1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
4. UK
5. Japan
>>
>>30070676
This.

Out of all foreign policy decisions the Obama administration could do, they chose to have a half Japanese and rabid China-hater as their pacific commander, who is now trying his best to drag the US into a war with China to carry on his ethnic vendetta he inherited from his mother.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d323da34-2286-11e6-aa98-db1e01fabc0c.html#ixzz49YkF7b5K

>Amid continued uncertainty about the US approach, the head of the Pacific Command’s public comments have filled some of the vacuum. If Mr Obama is America’s first Pacific president, Adm Harris is its first truly Pacific commander.

>Born in Yokosuka to a Japanese mother and a petty officer in the US Navy, at the age of two he found himself on a farm in Tennessee with no running water. He once told an interviewer that when he complained about looking Japanese compared to his American classmates, his mother attended an event at his school in a kimono to encourage pride in “my ethnic heritage”.
>>
>>30070739

Murica refers to other countries navies as flotillas
>>
>>30070646
>http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/26/china-send-nuclear-armed-submarines-into-pacific-us

Where do you think there SLBMs would go?

are they going to truck them over land and into the indian ocean?
>>
>>30070739
>"Ratings"
>>
>>30070755
>t. Fiddy Center
Americans don't generally let ethnic vendettas continue after assimilation, unless it's against Mexicans or nogs.
>>
>>30070676
>these islands are mine
>no they're not, share
>fuck you, I'll make them mine
>they're still not yours
>look, they're all built up and shit now
>no they aren't, watch me sail by
>go away, I just installed missiles
>watch me fly over them, bitch
>I've got more missiles, fuck your boats
>hey Vietnam, want some new guns?
>I'm gonna fucking nuke you if you don't leave
>I'm gonna fucking nuke you if you touch my boats

Ah, it's like the cold war never ended.
>>
>>30070812
The difference is that we can embargo their goods, stop food shipments to them, and nullify any government debt to them to crater their economy on about six hours notice. Nukes are for chumps who can't use economic warfare properly.
>>
>>30070646
>China about to send out its first nuclear deterrence patrol ever
>in 2016

I'm shocked that it's taken them THIS long to trust their own military enough to do it.
>>
>>30070676
>That China didnt do it earlier, was because the Chink communist leaders were inherently cowards and wished to maintain their corruption money in the US

It had far more to do with an extreme distrust of the military. The reason why their nuclear warheads were kept away from their launch vehicles was because of their rabid paranoia of a military coup after a number of incidents in the 70s and 80s.

>Good job, America. You have successfully pushed people who could have been simply bought off into the corner and forced their hands to push back and to defend themselves.

0/10
>>
>>30070755
ABC (Han) living in the US here.

Go drink more melamine, you're almost making sense.
>>
>>30070873
Whatever.

Anyone who serves the US and does his part to undermine China's interests, be it maxican or chinese, is an enemy.

You cant guilt-trip anyone, Banana-man.
>>
>>30070831
You talk like the US economy isn't fully dependent on China.
>>
>>30070833
Read the article.

Not that they couldnt do it. They didnt want to do it.
>>
>>30070739
UK before Japan

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>30070887
It's not.
>>
>>30070888
That's literally what I said.
>>
>>30070845
>It had far more to do with an extreme distrust of the military. The reason why their nuclear warheads were kept away from their launch vehicles was because of their rabid paranoia of a military coup after a number of incidents in the 70s and 80s.

It had something to do with "Minimum Deterrence". This is a thing. India, as well, keeps their warheads and missiles seperates because they follow a similiar doctrine.

But I guess for Murricunts, every self-limitation is explained as a sign of weakness that should be exploited. Guess now you have it. China is ending that self-limitation.

Are you implying the Chinese leadership are fearing military coups less than before?
>>
>>30070676
>That China didnt do it earlier, was because
They lacked the technical capability.
>>
>>30070899
No, you said that is was a trust issue, while in reality it was a policy issue.

China followed Deng's approach of wanting to follow a low approach to foreign policy, self limiting their capabilities and concentrating on economy. Nuclear deterrence was to be limited as well. Their MIRV capability was similiarily only recently applied to their missiles, even if they had that tech for decades already. This cant be explained by "having no trust in the military".

The Dengist policy is dead now, as Xi Jinping took over. No more China will hide their strength and bide their time.
>>
>>30070909
Again, read the article.

Policy was the far greater limitation than technology.
>>
>>30070906
>It's a self limitation you guise!
>It totally has absolutely nothing to do with the distrust the party had and open hostility with the military for decades
>it's not like they force officers to spend 30% of their work week undergoing communist indoctrination instead of actual training

k

Come back when you actually have done any kind of reading on the relation between the party and the military in China.

>>30070914
Yeah, it is. There's a difference between having the technical capability (being unable to do something) and not wanting to give someone the power to do something (being unwilling to do something).

Perhaps if English was your first language and you weren't on a government run network being paid to shill you'd understand such nuance.
>>
>>30070917
I read the article.
It is incorrect.

The Chinese laid down their first SSBN in 1977 meaning it had been in the planning stages since the late 60's at least.
They have been trying to obtain a functional SSBN since then.
>>
>>30070755
>Japanese continuing ethnic vendetta against China

Pretty laughable desu.

It werent the Chinese who killed millions of Japanese, but the other way around.

What right do the Japanese have to still hate China, other than xenophobia and racism?
>>
>>30070924
Oh, it's you again.

Auto ignored.
>>
>>30070676
>>30070676
poor poor china

china dindunuffin
>>
>>30070887
>The US economy is more dependent on china than china is dependent on the whole western economy

I have some bad news for you.
>>
>>30070676
>defend themselves

Are you insane? So you are just ignoring how aggressive China is towards anybody unfortunate enough to be its neighbour or to own China has arbitrarily decided should be theirs?
>>
>>30070932
China indeed did nothing.

What did China do what America didnt?

Monroe Doctrine is every great power's right.
>>
>>30070930
>you again

What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>30070646
Probably a dumb question but what would prompt US to sink one of these? like getting to close to a fleet, or naval facility?

Or I guess they might just be doing the same thing russia did where they sent them into the arctic?
>>
>>30070936
Poor innocent China being bullied again. West always try to destroy us, surround with military base, launch cia-fascist coup in taiwan, shoot down airplanes, sink subs, try overthrow china.. Poor poor China, pls no bully, pls
>>
>>30070925
Technical capabilities did not play a role in their decision to allow SSBN patrols. It was a policy decision.

China could have undertaken symbolic patrols with their Xia-class, just like how the Indians want to do with their Arihant SSBN.
>>
>>30070941
If we can sink one while it's too deep for radio contact we probably would. A single SSBN is a significant fraction of China's entire nuclear arsenal so it's a very cost effective way to guarantee disarmament.
>>
>>30070936
And you wonder why everyone in the region hates them and is worried about China trying to take their land or resources.
>>
>>30070941

They'll be trailed out of port. Something something tube is flooded something something sunk.
>>
>>30070945
That's right.

The Eight Nation Alliance is still not forgotten. So are the Opium Wars.

To prevent this from ever happening again, China needs to surround itself with a giant buffer-zone and a ring of Finlandized or subjugated people and nations.

The US didnt do it any differently.
>>
>>30070964
I forgot how the US 'Finlandized' and 'subjugated' Canada.
>>
>>30070880
Guilt trip? You fuckwits stole my grandfather's shit and deported my family. I've got nothing but contempt for your folk.

On the other hand, I have a house, family, melamine-free formula for my son and 30 guns. So that's nice.

Also, free Hong Kong you faggots.
>>
>>30070964
Protip: anything that can get the US, it's allies, India, and fucking Vietnam to cooperate militarily is going to end badly for the other side.
>>
>>30070957

At least the Philippines newly elected dictator is ready for bilateral talks with China now.

But you can go on and sell weapons to the communist dictatorship of Vietnam to contain us.

But let it be a warning: The Vietnamese Communist Party is more interested in maintaining power than to protect some islands. They wont let themselves be overthrown by US democracy exports coming along with your new honeymoon. Obama's visit of Viet dissidents and oppossitionals wasnt ignored by the now-friendly CPV.

Mark my words: Vietnam will conduct their own Tiananmen Massacre one day against liberals empowered by their new close relationship with the US, and then the US will have no choice but to pull back.

In the end, communist dictators in China and Vietnam alike are closer to each other than to you Americans.
>>
>>30070646
Lol because you'd ever nuke your only reliable food source
>>
>>30070676
>Good job, America. You have successfully pushed people who could have been simply bought off into the corner and forced their hands to push back and to defend themselves.

lol more like their domestic economic policies, this is so much sabre-rattling bread and circuses bullshit, why should I care? Every other frenemy of the US has subs in the Pacific/Atlantic, big ole fat meh, Chinks aren't nuking one of their largest trade partners during a time of rising economic instability in their nation, that bubble has popped a hole and could burst any month
>>
>>30070979
Lol China lost the Vietnam war too.
>>
File: Gordon Chang.png (2 MB, 528x5128) Image search: [Google]
Gordon Chang.png
2 MB, 528x5128
>>30070974
No matter. A traitor is a traitor.

I wish to see many of you folks drowning in the Pacific after we have sunk the Aircraft Carriers you were on, serving for your white masters.

And when a Chinese rescue ship comes over, we will only safe the whites and ignore you. Because we have nothing but contempt for race traitors and cowards to fled the country instead of facing all hardships and improving the country just like we all did.

Pic is you. Replace Jap flag with US flag.
>>
>>30070979
Vietnam LIKES us. They fucking hate China and have for centuries. Our superpower of transforming enemies into allies is at work in Southeast Asia and there's nothing the People's Republic of Dog meat can do about it.
>>
>>30070979
>Vietnam doesn't care about islands
>it's just islands bro!
>meanwhile China's claim more than halves Vietnams EEZ

kek
>>
>>30070990
>lost the vietnam war

Funny. It was Vietnam who probed for the reestablishment of relations in the 90s, after a decade or so of border war, that saw important Vietnamese positions along the border overtaken by China.
>>
>>30070646
Can't wait for America and China to go to war, gonna have a collection of chink heads.
>>
>>30070993
Does the Communist Party of Vietnam like you?
>>
>>30071004
Every Vietnamese citizen I've ever met has been a huge Ameriboo.
>>
>>30071013
>Citizen

Too bad that Vietnam isnt a democracy and citizens have no say.

Vietnam is just like China. A Communist Dictatorship.
>>
Thought exercise for /k/

You are in command of the PRC. You have built several islands in international waters. For the standpoint of the rest of the world, these islands are not your territory.

The US announces its intentions to carry out military exercises with is allies in the area. These exercises will culminate in a landing of a small party on one of the artificial islands. They will stay for 48 hours, and then withdraw.

What is your response?

http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/unclos_e.pdf
>>
>>30071023
>UNCLOS

The US never even ratified the UNCLOS.

Pot called Kettle. As usual from the USA.
>>
>>30071023
Leave but mine and leave automated weapons on said territories with warnings
>>
>>30070968
You forgot how you "Manifest your Destiny" by killing anyone over 10 in the Philippines.
>>
>>30070892

The UK is the only one excluding the US that has serious logistical capability.
>>
>>30071023
I would probably rattle my cheaply made Chinese imitation saber as hard as I could and make a show of nuclear readiness, but not take the first shot. Anyone remotely aware of American history would know that firing the first shot against the US ends badly every single time.
>>
>>30070950
>Technical capabilities did not play a role in their decision to allow SSBN patrols. It was a policy decision.
No, it was because the plant on it was unreliable and it had no capability.
>China could have undertaken symbolic patrols with their Xia-class, just like how the Indians want to do with their Arihant SSBN.
The Arihant has a reliable nuclear plant and other systems. The Xia did not.

The Chinese did not send the Xia out on a 'symbolic' patrol because they didnt want the embarassment of having to two it back to port or the loss of the sub.
>>
>>30071023
The islands are actually massive thermonuclear devices, and as soon as white piggu gets all his troops on I detonate them.
>>
>>30070992
I'm not in the Navy. Also, give reparations red thief. On the other hand, you'd probably contaminate it somehow. I'll take it in schadenfreude instead.

Not helping the wounded? How barbaric and racist. Tell me, how many Americans have freely joined the Chinese military?

Finaaly, look up the definition of traitor. I can't possibly be one if I've never aligned myself with you dog eaters.
>>
>>30071041
>Hurrrrrrrr
Several hours later every coastal city in China is glassed since you put nukes on the table.
>>
>>30071030
The US destroys the automated systems and establishes a permanent mission to begin the removal of mines from this international uninhabited island. It invites the Chinese to participate in the removal of the mines.

>>30071037
In this case, the PRC give tacit agreement to the US position that the islands are not sovereign Chinese territory.
>>
>>30071033
>tibet

>>30070999
How many Chinese personnel are based in Vietnam now?
>>
>>30071028
It's no one elses fault that China signed something and to go against it violates a treaty with every other signatory.
>>
>>30071023
Spy on the landing collecting any intelligence available. Ask to participate in the exercise and collect anything possible otherwise just spy on the exercises with type 815A.
>>
File: _46132551_abortions_births_466.gif (17 KB, 466x366) Image search: [Google]
_46132551_abortions_births_466.gif
17 KB, 466x366
>>30071033
>over 10

What's the matter, China?

Is that too old?
>>
>>30071051
It does tacitly accept the US position, but I don't see China as willing to risk the existence of half their population over a bunch of rocks and salt water over it. The nine dash line was bullshit from day one and the PRC has to know that. They're just pushing limits like a teenager staying out past curfew with the car.
>>
>>30071073
>Spy on the landing collecting any intelligence available. Ask to participate in the exercise and collect anything possible otherwise just spy on the exercises with type 815A.

The US releases a statement where it respectfully declines the Chinese desire to take part in the exercises.

They also thank the government of the PRC for acknowledging that these islands in international waters are not part of the territory of the PRC.

The US will however consider the Chinese government's request to participate in exercises conducted on artificial islands in the coming months.

>>30071088
>It does tacitly accept the US position, but I don't see China as willing to risk the existence of half their population over a bunch of rocks and salt water over it.
It does create quite the issue for them.
>>
>>30071023

Preemptively deploy an overwhelming amount of land forces to these islands in a defensive posturing with strict orders for them to essentially martyr themselves if they're going to be attacked (i.e. don't attack first no matter what). We can spare the manpower.
>>
>>30071109
The US thanks the Chinese Government for it's non interference in these exercises carried out in international waters.

The US announces that they will be establishing semi-permanent positions in these international islands to provide search and rescue assistance for the fishing fleets of its allies.
The US Navy will be the lead organization for these SAR facilities.

The US welcomes this new era of cooperation between the US and China as we see forces from both nations operating from international territory.
>>
>>30070659
DUDE LIKE THAT'S TOTALLY NOT COOL LMAO
>>
>>30070676
Obama is not smart with his foreign policy. I didn't expect any more desu.
>>
>>30071135
Is it realistic to think the US could establish semi-permanent positions on the islands given we just stuffed a bunch of soldiers like sardines on them? Just curious, what US commander would land troops on islands already occupied? Seems super gutsy.
>>
>>30070935
>aggressive
>China has abritrarily decised is their's

Who? Only Taiwan and that goes back to 1949.
The islands are no one's territory. Kind of hard to take land that isn't anyone's.
>>
>>30071204
>We

50 center confirmed
>>
>>30071204
>Is it realistic to think the US could establish semi-permanent positions on the islands given we just stuffed a bunch of soldiers like sardines on them? Just curious, what US commander would land troops on islands already occupied? Seems super gutsy.
Sure.
But what are the Chinese going to do if they do?
>>
>>30070887
The ability of China to feed its citizens relies on the us. Sirry sirry boy.
>>
File: smug aisha.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
smug aisha.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>30071204
>landing a bunch of troops from naval vessels
>would need to be super gutsy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps
>>
>>30070833
They've sent out a number since 2010-2012.

This is into the open pacific.

>>30070873
t. Not Chinese

>>30070892
Japan literally cannot use its navy for 95% of power projection purposes.

>>30070909
Except they've done it a number of times since 2010-2012 in the East China Sea.
The article is specifically about the open Pacific Ocean.
>>
>>30071223
Presumably nothing. They may mine the beaches but that goes to your previous point. Basically it's each side calling the other's bluff, but I would fear the US has more to lose in PR than China.

>>30071232
You should've linked Operation Chromite.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x1056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x1056
>>30070957
>And you wonder why everyone in the region hates them
>>
>>30070887
US depends on China for cheap clothes & shitty electronics. China depends on US\western economy to feed its people & stave of economic collapse.
>>
>>30070968
>implying we didn't invade all of our neighbors a number of times to subjugate them
>>
>>30071236
>The article is specifically about the open Pacific Ocean.
I know that.
They lacked the ability to send SSBNs into the Pacific.

>The Chinese did not send the Xia out on a 'symbolic' patrol because they didnt want the embarrassment of having to two it back to port or the loss of the sub.
>>
>>30070993
>thinking the CPV listens to the Vietnamese people
>>
>>30071023
>>30071098

[strike]Ask (forcefully) to join, co-operation is preferable. Openly invite nations to play along in the wargame. Look to integrate and work with them.[/strike]

The release a statement expressing disappointment and regret that the US refuses to co-operate.

If refused, follow the good old mantra of "if you won't let me join, I'll have my own party, with blackjack and hookers". So I invite nations who were not invited/welcome into the US party. Bring them in (at my own cost), integrate and work with them in my own island hopping wargame during the US time.

General response: place enough token forces on islands that it would be "crowded", drop/erect passive sea defenses, step-up in air/sea patrols, establish MCM continuing excises at alternating island locations, again invite others to play along. Local fishermen and *unarmed* non-official vessels have permission to irritate and ram. Establish fishing fleets that block movement ship group movement.

Begin to court local Caribbean nations for friendly relations, economic investment, tourism and cheap products. Begin serious counter piracy operations, look to establish permanent basing and training facilities.
>>
>>30070646
They want to show that South CHINA Sea is their turf. They don't want the US in that area. They want their neighbors to kow-tow to them like how it used to be.
>>
>>30071001
We've already got enough of your people's heads these last 20 years.

Muslimbro. You are the worst tripfag on /k/.
>>
>>30071001
>wants to collect human heads
>muslim
It checks out.
>>
>>30071072
China explicitly claimed all territory within the 9 dash line before the UNCLOS was even signed, so the UNCLOS doesn't apply.

Or does every island taken or made before UNCLOS now lose its rights?
>>
>>30071272
>The release a statement expressing disappointment and regret that the US refuses to co-operate.

Thats too bad. The US is sorry the PRC is upset at these international waters, but thanks the PRC in accepting the US position that these islands are not PRC territory.

Also, overtures into Caribbean Nations is unlikely to bear fruit.
>>
>>30071286
>China explicitly claimed all territory within the 9 dash line before the UNCLOS was even signed
Nobody recognized that claim, so it doesn't count.
>>
>>30071040
>The Arihant has a reliable nuclear plant and other systems.

Which is why it hasn't even deployed or sailed yet?
>>
>>30071295
It's still in designated shitting dock.
>>
>>30071023
Try starting a limited fight that you chalk up to "misunderstandings."

Wait for American multinational businesses to cry to the White House and for the US to pull back.
>>
>>30071295
Crew training, Working out operational procedures, things that had no bearing on the XIA.
>>
>>30071223
Take off the uniforms and do falseflag terrorist attacks on all the forces.
>>
>>30071230
(Citation needed)

>>30071261
That's not what you said originally.
>>
>>30071255
I forgot how the US 'Finlandized' and 'subjugated' Canada.
>>
>>30071312
>Try starting a limited fight
In response to this unsolicited attack on US forces in international waters.
The US has engaged all Chinese forces on the island.
The US announces that the US demands the Chinese withdraw from the island in question.

Further lands will take place on other constructed international islands, Any Chinese forces that take an aggressive posture will be engaged.
>>
>>30071293
Taiwan does.

>so it doesn't count
How did you get to that thought? How does one determine what counts and doesn't count as "legitimate"? As far as I can tell, throughout history might makes right.

>"Mommmyyyy the Falklands don't count as British because they are really really far away they are so mean to the poor Argentinians mommmyyy plz tell them they are being big meannnnies"
>>
>>30070992
You describe America's relationship to Britain. We betrayed our brethren of the same skin tone. Difference......we are bros now. China is still acting like imperial England. Literally China is the team in age of empires that is two ages behind the rest. Can't simultaneously ban religion due to it being "mere suspicion with no scientific evidence for support" then turn around and personally contribute to every animal that is going extinct because you believe the suspicion with no proof that rhino horn will make your tiny dicklet any bigger or more capable of producing males because those alley way girlbegone abortions are getting pricey. Your own country is so polluted you have to send your population out to manually pollinate flowers and trees or youd starve, which you will do if you continue to piss off the bread basket of the world. Your smog is so thick you can't see your own house (overpriced tiny box apartment) from Google satellite. Your every engineering feat has been matched and surpassed by other nations at every turn. Military or otherwise. How can you both have a functioning mind and love for China?
>>
>>30071327
>That's not what you said originally.
Are you going to try to get pedantic because I was not specific enough?

Go ahead.
>>
>>30071286
>they claimed it and then signed the treaty so the treaty doesn't count

UNCLOS supersedes previous territorial claims.

How can you be this ignorant?
>>
>>30071313
(Citation needed)

You were still wrong. Go fuck off.

>>30071339
China deploys its entire military and prepares for total war while preparing all nuclear weapons.
>>
>>30071342
>Taiwan does.
Taiwan claims to be the legitimate government of China and is thus using the same faulty logic as the PRC. Same shit, different flavor.

>As far as I can tell, throughout history might makes right.
Yes, and none of the superpowers or other members of the UN Security Council that have existed since 1949 have acknowledged it. If the US refuses to recognize a bit of naval law, it might as well not exist given the reach and power of our navy. Keep crying, fiddy.
>>
>>30070992
That America controls.
>>
>>30071347
We only became "bros" with England in the early 1900's after it got cucked by us economically and needed our help to save its existence.
>>
>>30071350
>are you going to point out I was wrong and used a horrible example

Yes?

>>30071360
(Citation needed)

Why are there so many obvious bullshit claims being made on /k/?

It's like a bunch of 20 year old neckbeards claiming they know how the world works, when in all reality they are only revealing how ignorant they truly are.
>>
>>30071361
>You were still wrong.
Where?

>Go fuck off.
Thats rude. Did I hurt your feelings?

>China deploys its entire military and prepares for total war while preparing all nuclear weapons.

US Forces only engage Chinese forces that threaten US forces in international waters.
The US announces that given the current state of tensions, they will regard any ballistic missile fired from China as a nuclear attack on the US, and will respond accordingly.
>>
File: 1446427377781.jpg (51 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1446427377781.jpg
51 KB, 500x404
>>30071023

Probably just schedule our own naval exercise in the area around the same time.

I don't think mining the island makes sense considering you plan to use it. Though this is definitely an option if you have intentions of escalating directly. I'm not exactly sure what the US would do about it, but would most likely NOT land on the island if that's the case.

There's also a possibility China lets the US run their exercise, but applies pressure elsewhere in the same time frame. There's tons of other places China could apply pressure.

Maybe China sends real wartime vessels or even troops (instead of fishing boats) to the Spratly islands for their own "exercise." This would threaten US allies in the region more than the US. Perhaps this is a better way to pressure the US, by using fear tactics on weaker actors in the region who would not be pleased by the provocation of the US.

Maybe China does nothing. Lets the US run their exercise, then when they leave ramp up their presence tenfold in the area. Build 12 more islands in retribution and mine those.

Meow.
>>
>>30071374
>Yes?
This should be good.
>>
>>30071364
>he disagrees with me so he is X nationality

Nice bait faggot.

The only reason China hasn't been BTFO of the SCS and near Japan is because China is powerful.
The powerful make legitimacy. They decide what is legitimate. That's how America does it.

We simply claim legitimacy and international law because it is popular with the common folk. Why would America say it's an asshole?

Also, I agree that China is playing its hand poorly and pissing off neighbors it doesn't need to piss off. If I were them I'd focus on Taiwan, the Flips, and Japan.
But China's military likes fueling the nationalist fire so this shitshow will continue.
>>
>>30071386
The problem is that by allowing the US to land on these islands at will, the Chinese admit that they are not part of Chinese territory, and thus its territorial claims are null.
>>
>>30071374
>(Citation needed)

You were the one claiming to know about the UNCLOS to begin with, now you're claiming to be ignorant of it? Or do you not know how treaties work?
>>
>>30071381
China announces that any attack on Chinese territory will be met by the full force of the Chinese military. If things go south badly, as likely will happen, China will resort to limited nuclear escalation to protect the integrity of the nation.
>>
>>30071389
The Xia, from 1977, was more capable than the Arihant in 2016.

You are wrong that Chinese SSBN's have not "been technically capable" of patrolling.

And you used a shitty example with the Xia/Arihant comparison.
>>
>>30071400

And putting Chinese troops on the Spratly wouldn't be considered an act of war? I think it's a fair response in escalation.

Call the US exercise a provocation of war, let them land on that particular island, but move military assets to a dozen other places in response. Why? We're protecting our other territories preparing for further US invasions.

Avoid direct confrontation, but also force the US to be the first to de-escalate.

You can then use the US action has precedent for ramping up defense of these territories. There won't be another exercise, because the next exercise ends in war.
>>
>>30071400
Then China would land on the SCS islands of the Phillipines, Taiwan, and Vietnam. It's only right that if China's islands are illegal, then so are these other expanded islands.

The reason the whole situation is at a stalemate, is because no one will backdown, and no one will go full retard and escalate.
>>
>>30071404
I am an international law professor who focuses on sovereignty claims. I specifically teach a course on maritime claims. UNCLOS is a very important part of this course.
You claimed this
>UNCLOS supersedes previous territorial claims.

Now go find where in UCLOS this is written.
>>
>>30071432
You either do something the first time it happens, or you're admitting that the islands are not Chinese territory at all.

The first time it happens is precedent to deny any legal rationale for Chinese ownership of said islands or claims to the waters around them.
>>
>>30071448
UNCLOS*
>>
>>30071448
>guize, I'm totally an international law professor, that's why I'm on 4chan and already told everyone that I'm a 50 center

kekest of keks.

Section 2, Article 3. :3

I can't wait to see you try to weasel your way out of it. Please, tell me how treaties are not considered law of the countries that sign them, I want to hear it.
>>
>>30071452
>or you're admitting

How? Couldn't one island be illegitimate? Couldn't it be smarter to sacrifice a little bit of land to avoid WW3?
The Chinese could use a million decent reasons for why they wouldn't start a war over a sandbar.
>>
File: USS_Yorktown_collision.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2357) Image search: [Google]
USS_Yorktown_collision.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2357
>>30071023
>What is your response?
>>
>>30071461
>How? Couldn't one island be illegitimate?

Then how can one claim that the other constructed islands that are identical are somehow legitimate?
>>
>>30071408
The US announces that the artificial islands in the SCS are in international waters and are not Chinese territory.

Given the attacks by China on US forces in international waters, and its recent threat to use nuclear weapons, the US orders its nuclear forces to perform a limited nuclear attack on Chinese nuclear forces.

US SSBNs perform DT shots on Chinese nuclear and command and control facilities. With the 5 minute warning that DT shots afford, the Chinese have little warning.

The US informs the Chinese Government that any further escalation by surviving nuclear forces will result in a further attack on Chinese economic targets.

The Chinese are given the option to cease all hostilities and give up any claim to artificial islands in the SCS.
Or they can continue offensive operations and the resulting destruction of the Chinese nation.

>>30071417
>The Xia, from 1977, was more capable than the Arihant in 2016.
Incorrect.
The JL-1 was not functional in 1977.
The Arihants missiles are in production in 2016.

>>30071432
>And putting Chinese troops on the Spratly wouldn't be considered an act of war?

Nope.
International waters.

>>30071435
This is adequate. The Chinese lose more than the others in the region.

>>30071461
Then next week the US lands on a different island, using the precedent of the prior landing as justification.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1136x640
>>30071460
Are we reading the same treaty? Is this bait?

Where is this stated
>UNCLOS supersedes previous territorial claims.
>>
>>30071474
>up to a limit
>treaties don't become law of the countries that sign them
>I'm a law professor
>>
>>30071467
>indentical

???

Some are built upon actual islands.
Some are built upon rocks above water at high tide.
Some are reefs that are below water at high tide.

Identical?

>>30071471
An unequipped SSBN that can sail is more capable than an Arihant that can't sail.

Furthore, the JL-1 was in operation far before the Arihant (which isn't.)

Why are you being purposefully retarded?
>>
>>30071486
>>implying treaties don't become law of the countries that sign them

Uhh.... America has signed the Geneva Convention. So did a lot of nations.
Did that stop all of us from breaking it in WW1 WW2 and since then?

It seems I've encountered a liar making claims he can't back up.
>>
>>30071396
>>he disagrees with me so he is X nationality
>We simply claim legitimacy and international law because it is popular with the common folk. Why would America say it's an asshole?
You can't even go half a post without revealing yourself as a Chink agent. Whoever's paying you clearly isn't getting their money's worth.
>>
>>30071505
>A law was broken
>Therefore all laws don't matter

Holy fucking shit, this ''''''''''logic'''''''''''
>>
>>30071491
>An unequipped SSBN that can sail is more capable than an Arihant that can't sail.
No its not.

Can either one perform its mission?

>Furthore, the JL-1 was in operation far before the Arihant (which isn't.)
Yes, because work on the Arihant did not begin until decades after work on the JL-1 started.

Is your next revelation that USS Iowa was in operation far before USS Zumwalt?
>>
>>30071486
International laws are not treated as sovereign law in America unless approved by the Senate.

Seems that you just got beat by a faggot claiming he's a law professor.
>>
>>30071512
How did you figure me out?

Yes yes I am a Chinese secret agent coming to ruin your /k/ experience and to spread propaganda about how great China is.

Oh wait. Here's my post>>30071396
>Also, I agree that China is playing its hand poorly and pissing off neighbors it doesn't need to piss off. If I were them I'd focus on Taiwan, the Flips, and Japan.
>But China's military likes fueling the nationalist fire so this shitshow will continue.

I really am not earning my money.
>>
>>30071289

China wishes to express that their regret over lack of US co-operation is a different matter to the US threat to land forces on republic territory.

China also wishes to express that if the US disputes the integrity of PRC territory, they may do so through the correct legal channels and not through armed force.

Whilst Caribbean nations may not co-operate to the extend that China wishes, China is a global nation and will continue to support further counter piracy in the region.

China gives warning to the US that live MCM excises are on-going in/and around the islands, so shall establish a three mile maritime exclusion zone for safety and to prevent interference of PRC military operations, excluding those ships that fall under article 45, which shall be escorted.
>>
>>30071471
>Nope.
>International waters.

I meant more provocation than act of war, but...
it's Chinese territory. Not international waters. And we are now occupying our territory with military assets. Among our other territories.

But, I don't see how China does not lose face in such a situation. I suppose the PRC simply bites their tongue, waits 10-15 years, then provokes the shit out of the US when they're more capable.

That, or goes to war for some fucking sand in an ocean.
>>
>>30071515
If a nation consistently allows domestic law to supersede international law, it is indicating that domestic law takes precedent.

The Constitution explicitly states that International treaties are not sovereign law in the United States unless the Senate approves of the law.

So you're simply wrong. The UNCLOS international treaty does not become sovereign law. In China it is seen the same. Or do you think they care about the Geneva convention? No. Their law is based upon the whims of the CCP. Not even their constitution.
>>
>>30071516
>A submarine that can sail is just as capable as a submarine that can't.

Wew

>Xia and JL-1 started earlier, so that means they are just as capable as a ship that's not even out of the drydock!

Wew
>>
>>30071370
A move which China is incapable of save with maybe the norks
>>
>>30071538
>US threat to land forces on republic territory.
The US is not threatening any forces on PRC territory.

> US disputes the integrity of PRC territory
The US does not dispute the integrity of PRC territory.
These operations are in international waters.

>China gives warning to the US that live MCM excises are on-going in/and around the islands, so shall establish a three mile maritime exclusion zone for safety and to prevent interference of PRC military operations, excluding those ships that fall under article 45, which shall be escorted.

The US reiterates that these exercises were declared prior to the establishment of the new Chinese MEZ.
The US also reiterates that these previously scheduled exercises are in international waters and that US forces will defend themselves if fired upon.

>>30071546
>it's Chinese territory. Not international waters.
Incorrect.

>>30071571
>A submarine without the ability to carry out its mission is more capable than a submarine without the ability to carry out its mission.

I'll ask you a question.

How many more targets could the 1977 Xia hit that the 2016 Arihant?
>>
>>30070676
It's a really foolish move. China has way more to lose if they want a nuclear war with USA. Who do you think will back down first if China strikes an American city? Is China willing to trade 20 million Chinese for 5 million Americans? They have no clue what they're doing.
>>
>>30071047
There's nothing else to say to a Hanjian.
>>
>>30071558
>The Constitution explicitly states that International treaties are not sovereign law in the United States unless the Senate approves of the law.

Which has exactly what to China having absolutely zero such law or doctrine? Is this really the entire basis of your argument, that you're willfully ignorant of how China treats international treaties and your only defense is whataboutism?

Some 'law professor' you are. Exactly what university do you work for again?
>>
Ok, /k/. Going to lunch. Have a good day.
>>
>>30071611
America is less likely to accept the loss of ANY of it's cities for the defense of some shitty little islands in a sea more than ten thousand miles across the ocean.

Also, what should China's response be vs the increasing US containment and placement of ABM along its borders? Roll over and democratize, so that the US can then install their puppets in the Chinese new regime and have bases in China?

Yeah, as if other nations outside the US are so ready to commit long-term suicide.
>>
File: 123245qhg8smojamz5pshz.jpg (116 KB, 845x489) Image search: [Google]
123245qhg8smojamz5pshz.jpg
116 KB, 845x489
>>30071347

>"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

China will do what the US did. Manifest their destiny.

It has nothing to do with being 'imperial' or not, since the entire western order of today is based on the past imperialism of the west. It has no moral legitimacy whatsoever, as it was errected upon millions of corpses of the less fortunate people of the 3rd world, hence the Chinese do not accept that wetern order and want to errect one of their own. If violence and imperialsm was what created the western supremacy in the first place that is now trying to force China into accepting its order, then China can and will do so as well.
You have no "god given right" to rule the world. Your rule was based on violence and violence alone. And violence is something Chian is also capable of.

There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>30071675
>America is less likely to accept the loss of ANY of it's cities for the defense of some shitty little islands in a sea more than ten thousand miles across the ocean.
If China strikes first, then China can pretty much kiss their legitimacy goodbye. Burning pictures of innocent people will broadcasted around the world. China's economy will collapse from sanction and condemnation. And if that doesn't end China, USA's MUCH GREATER nuclear arsenal and retaliation will send China to the graveyard. In what possible way again can you imagine China coming out on top?
>>
File: DF-5B.jpg (102 KB, 959x639) Image search: [Google]
DF-5B.jpg
102 KB, 959x639
>>30071704

> In what possible way again can you imagine China coming out on top?

By a rush to parity in nuclear arms.

The US has 7000 nukes.

China will, for the next decade, rush to that number as well. Tibet and Xinjiang has enough uranium and China already has a booming nuclear industry that allows them to enrich the weapon grade material to achieve this.
>>
The most powerful Asian country will always challenge the West as long as the West controls the majority of Asia. China is simply following in the footsteps of Japan. I don't like the PRC but they are surrounded by unfriendly nations whose governments are heavily influenced by the West.

If Asia could set aside their petty ethnic differences and come together EU-style, there wouldn't be a need for Western domination and the West could manage its own defense and so could Asia.

inb4 50 cent

This is just the way it is. Even if China is defeated, some other Asians will take up the challenge of defeating the West to totally free Asia.
>>
>>30071631
>traitor
>China
You faggots kicked us out. I'm not a Chinese citizen, why you keep calling me that?
>>
>>30071718
Not him, but are you even Chinese? Calling another Chinese person a "dog-eater" is hilarious because the only time you would do that is if you're trying to talk shit on a Cantonigga or Dongbeiren.

Or you just have as much knowledge about China as a redneck.
>>
>>30071716
>China will, for the next decade, rush to that number as well. Tibet and Xinjiang has enough uranium and China already has a booming nuclear industry that allows them to enrich the weapon grade material to achieve this.
Oh I didn't think we're talking about some ridiculous fantasies of some Chink and not present reality. Sorry, but there's nothing that indicates China will reach nuclear parity with USA. Look, all USA has to do is bait China to shoot first and it's instant win, and we all know how trigger happy you Chinks are to shoot waitu piggus.
>>
>>30071717
>This is just the way it is. Even if China is defeated, some other Asians will take up the challenge of defeating the West to totally free Asia.

Fun-fact: The US was prepared to begin the containment of China as soon as it was apparent that Japan would lose the war, and regardless of who would come out ahead in the Chinese Civil War.

So, even a Nationalist ruled "democratic" China would have been contained, or at least heavily infiltrated by US agents, simply because an unified Mainland China would have posed a threat to the US supremacy in every form.

Read: "The Tragedy of Great Power Politics" by John J. Mearsheimer.
Great Powers will never be at peace with each other, simply because their own security needs exclude the existence of other great powers.
>>
>>30071702
That is a pretty dumb quote. The strategies and superior arms of the west were the product of its ideas and values.
>>
>>30071588

China considers current disputed territory as sovereign PRC territory and will respond accordingly to any violation.

If the US wishes to dispute if this is international waters and not sovereign territory, China welcomes discussions through the correct legal channels.

China wishes the US to note that it has always assert its 12 mile right, but has made revisions for the sake of international co-operation.

China once again wishes to extend co-operation to the US to avoid incident.

>>30071648

Have a good lunch.
>>
>>30071742
> The strategies and superior arms of the west were the product of its ideas and values.

Ideas and values that created Crusades, permanent inter-state warfare, genocides based on religious beliefs and ethnicity, as well as a religion that sees its God as the only God that everyone in the world has to bow down to, or else, face death.

If you didnt notice already; your "God" of the past was replaced by the new God - you "Democracy" and "Washington Consensus", which is being spread by the same zeal and violence and the intolerance of other systems/gods, as the Crusaders did.

Indeed. The Western supremacy is a product of its ideas and values, that abelong to the same category as those propagated by ISIS.
>>
>>30071764
>that created Crusades,

The Crusades were a direct result of over a hundred years of Islamic countries waging wars on Europe.

Is a Chink of all people seriously going to try and act as though China has been peaceful and nonviolent throughout its existence when it's entire culture is built upon being as apathetic to one another as possible due to thousands of years of warfare and purges?
>>
>>30071729
I was born in Los Angeles. My mother's from Hong Kong, father's side from Canton. My paternal grandfather joined the US Army in WW2.

I'm cool with China's culture and history, it's the Communist cunts I can't stand.
>>
>>30071471
>DT shots
I tried googling this. What's it mean?
>>
>>30071842
Depressed Trajectory.
>>
>>30071080
Russia needs to chill.
>>
>>30071958
That's a decade old statistic. It was down to less than a million 5 years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Russia#Statistics
>>
>>30071023
China built the Islands, in international waters. If America can invade the islands for 24 hours than the PRC should be allowed to invade a carrier group for 48 hours.
>>
>>30072155
Ships are sovereign national territory, a sandcastle built in international waters isn't.
>>
>>30072169
Says who?
>>
>>30072130
>As of 2010, the abortion rate was 37.4 abortions per 1000 women aged 15–44 years, the highest of any country reported in UN data

Russia needs to chill the fuck out
>>
>>30072155
>Person A builds a sandbox in a public park
>Person B goes to the park and plays in the sandbox
>Person A now should be allowed to enter Person B's car

That's what you're suggesting.
>>
>>30070831
I don't think you realize what that would mean for America, my friend.
Waging economic war will cost a lot on both sides in a global economy
>>
>>30070925
You might want to see when the first thermonuclear explosion in China happened.
>>
>>30070974
Lol look at this trash. Too bad your mom didn't abort you
>>
>>30071716
Pic related. China cant catch up.
>>
>>30072219
Russian abortion statistic includes miscarriages though.
>>
>>30071049
>glassed
Go back to halo, kid, and leave the adult discussions to adults
>>
>>30072515
[citation needed]
>>
>>30072521
It was a nuclear colloquialism before halo was even conceived numbnuts.
>>
>>30072521
Not him, but its not from halo you moron, halo appropriated it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinitite
>>
>>30072522
>Cтaтиcтикa aбopтoв в Poccии, в oтличиe oт мнoгих дpyгих cтpaн, включaeт caмoпpoизвoльныe aбopты.
http://demoscope.ru/weekly/2011/0465/tema01.php
I mean don't get me wrong it is insanely high regardless of that, but it decreases rapidly.
>>
>>30072571
>tfw no trinitite jewelry
>>
All chinks should fucking hang tbhqh
>>
>>30072457
Sorry, I'm not your older sister.
>>
>>30071516
Dude u are dumb as fuck.
>>
>>30072891

>calling Oppenheimer dumb

Wew!
>>
>>30072945
Do you expect anything more from Chinese posters?
When their shilling is exposed for what it is, all they can do is fall back on insults and namecalling.
>>
>>30071796
What? You clearly are not s student of history
>>
>>30071811
You sound like a dumb fuck
>>
>>30072971
Isn't it like 3AM over there now? The PLA must be running overtime.
>>
File: 1445123398232.png (421 KB, 571x401) Image search: [Google]
1445123398232.png
421 KB, 571x401
>>30072972
>>30072982
>>
>>30072995
Shitposting is eternal, especially when you're getting paid by the post.
>>
>>30070676

>pushing China into a corner

>responding to Chinese agression in South China Sea
>defending our Southeast Asian allies from Chinese agression
>shielding Japan and SK from NK nuclear missiles

kek
>>
>>30072982
>TAIWAN #1
>JAPAN #2
>W. KOREA #3
>CHINA #4
>USA #0
>>
>>30073020

West Korea? Is that somewhere in Finland?

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-the-Finnish-and-Korean-languages-may-share-a-common-root
>>
>>30071811

Are.. you my son?
>>
>>30073038
>worst
>>
>>30073020

>not knowing the W is for Wombo
>>
>>30072891
Hue hue hue tardvark
>>
>>30070676
Got to love the logic of no matter how bad others are, no matter what they do, they aren't responsible because you can just blame the US.
>>
>>30071248

What the hell did South Korea do to piss in Asias cornflakes?

Steal their dogs?
>>
>>30073497
Hilariously enough, the only people who highly rate the South Koreans are the Vietnamese.
>>
>>30070676
>defend themselves
China is the aggressor, stupid.
>>
>>30073520
K-Pop is very popular in Vietnam.
>>
Stay outta the South China Sea

Flying sharks
>>
>>30073626
More like the Vietnamese seem to be very forgiving, except towards the Chinese.
The South Koreans were pretty warcrime-happy back in the 60's.
>>
>>30070646
Sailors in Virginia's or 688's are going to get bored as fuck shadowing them on their patrols but at least someone will be nearby to render aid when the Jin class suffers catastrophic failures.
>>
File: INSAS.jpg (24 KB, 800x360) Image search: [Google]
INSAS.jpg
24 KB, 800x360
>>30071040
>The Arihant has a reliable nuclear plant and other systems

>India
>Reliable

This is a country that fucked up an AK clone.
>>
>>30073053
Your wife's son
>>
>>30070755
>let china take over a $5.3 trillion yearly trade routes
Autism at its finest here goys
>>
>>30070909
>>30071236
>>30071261
>>30071327
>>30071350
>>30071374
>>30071389
>>30071417
>>30071471
>>30071491
>>30071516
>>30071571
>>30071588
>>30071745
>tl;dr
>random anon appearing to be of chinese origin debates oppie about the job that he constantly shares knowledge on
>oppie is obviously more focused on the nukes
>Chinaman is obviously more focused on the boat
>neither seem to have noticed the miscommunication
>>
>>30075540

I was the last anon you quoted.

I am not a Chinaman.
>>
>>30075731
Sure sound like one.
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.