[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pls halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Is this rust? I opted for the extra $50 and got a grade 1 Polish P64 from aimsurplus, advertised as "the best of their last shipment". It's been soaking in mineral spirits/paint thinner for the past 12 hours. I'm going to let it soak for another 12. Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but my first firearm and I want to make sure I'm not getting sleazed.

Would a brass brush and bore cleaner fix it? Or is it just caked on cosmoline?
>>
File: IMG_0913.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
slide
>>
File: IMG_0912.jpg (127 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0912.jpg
127 KB, 640x480
>>
File: IMG_0914.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0914.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
fugg sorry for quality
>>
>>30069791
oh yeah, and those 2 bright spots near the breech face (?) has 2 burrs on it, as if something impacted it.
>>
Damn, I'll repost in the morning after the US wakes up. Posted this shit in the middle of the night
>>
That looks like cosmoline. Have you tried rubbing it off?
>>
>>30069791
Take a copper/brass brush to it regardless. If it's cosmolie, it'll slide off. If it's rest, you'll still get some off. If there's pitting underneath it, it was rust.
>>
>>30069791

Try not buying some piece of shit polish surplus from 1965 and acting shocked when it's not brand spanking new.
>>
>>30069791
May be caked on cosmoline, would use a brass brush to see if it can be moved. Also most people can say that paying extra for better grades is generally pointless as most just get a random handful and pick the best of five or ten.
>>
>>30069986
The area near the breech and above the firing pin in the slide does not come off if i scrape it with a toothpick. If I soaked it for another like 6 hours and just dumped the parts in boiling water, you think itll slough right off?

>>30070011
Ill do it tomorrow morning mang! still haven't gotten any cleaning supplies. If there is pitting, you think its still safe to shoot?

>>30070015
>muh heritage piece

>>30070023
fugg, then I would've maybe opted for the $200 option. then again, that comes with only 1 magazine so its a bit of a trade off. Externally, the blueing seems pretty much 95% except for near the crown (?) where it slightly rubbed off.

thanks for commenting guys
>>
>>30070057
As long as there isn't major distortion, the action closes on a live round without you being able to see a ring of brass/insertcasingmaterialhere, it should be fine.
>>
>>30070098
tyvm anon
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.