[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a JM 930 pro. >banzai >get some >1/100
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: Moss930Jm01.jpg (123 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Moss930Jm01.jpg
123 KB, 900x600
I just bought a JM 930 pro.

>banzai
>get some
>1/100 of a second

how bad did I fuck up, /k/?
>>
870s are more fun
>>
I got the 930 combo; wish I got the JM Pro. My 930 has cycled cheapshit walmart birdshot from the get go. Pop it open, wipe the preservative/oil preventative off and lube it, then go shoot it a bunch. You may want to clean the gas ring/tube and apply a light film of oil once in a while just to keep it slick.

/unsolicited advice
>>
op here. yeah but at least you can shoot skeet. i think im asking too much to hit clays with a 24" barrel
>>
>>30068526
Yeah, it needs to be 28"
>>
>>30068587
worth it to buy another barrel or buy another gun?
>>
I bought my JM pro NiB, cleaned it and lubed it, and have never ever had any sort of malfunction on the range. Only thing close would be when it was new, it didn't want to feed from a full tube from just hand-cycling, but worked when cycled normally just fine.
>>banzai
>>get some
>>1/100 of a second

What?
>>
>>30068619
Due to the extension, swapping barrels is a pain in the ass. Are you shooting actual regulation skeet or just using the term to describe casual clay shooting?

Btw, I have Rhythm, which is made from a JM Pro.
>>
File: jerry+zapper.jpg (57 KB, 553x402) Image search: [Google]
jerry+zapper.jpg
57 KB, 553x402
whats his name again?
>>
File: jm-captamrc.jpg (61 KB, 684x384) Image search: [Google]
jm-captamrc.jpg
61 KB, 684x384
>>30068676
regulation. done did it once. had fun. would like to learn
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 345x62) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 345x62
>>30068697
Jerry Mikulek
>>
File: Jerry-Miculek.jpg (15 KB, 234x160) Image search: [Google]
Jerry-Miculek.jpg
15 KB, 234x160
>>30068697
jerry midget leg
>>
>>30068718
I sort of feel obligated to do the break gun speed. Over/unders, blah blah, competitive standard, blah blah, autoloaders are unsporting, blah blah.

Before you spend any money, try shooting it first, as is, and see where you are at. Pattern it at 36 yards or so with a couple different loads, it probably has a 70/30 or so high/low split on the pattern.

Are you going to shoot trap with it too?
>>
File: miculek-jerry.jpg (15 KB, 234x160) Image search: [Google]
miculek-jerry.jpg
15 KB, 234x160
>>30068754
given that im a poor milfag/college student, i tried to kill as many birds as i could with one stone.

no trap. just skeet
>>
>>30068787
Skeet can be shot well enough with 24" or 26" so try it before spending more money. The barrels aren't terribly expensive. There is also a stock adjustment kit from Mossberg that you might call and order.

Personally, I like 28" but I shoot a lot of trap.
>>
should have bought a benelli m1

Mossberg shotguns don't usually fail, but when they do they're nearly always 930's
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>30068810
sweet. ideally id like a b gun, but theyre so fucking expensive.
>>
>>30068823
i got a lifetime warranty. hopefully they'll take care of it, if it does.
>>
>>30068823
Maybe a M1 Super 90, but we are pushing the price a little high there.
>>
>>30068823
also, i bought this for like...$570 shipped
>>
>>30068440

don't try polishing the shell latch. they fail a lot on the JM 930 and you can't get that sweet spot between "never releases" and "sends all the shells onto the lifter". my Beretta's shell latch needed a sharp edge radiused, but given all the issues of the JM's, i was crazy nervous about it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.