[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chris Kyle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: chris-kyle2.jpg (160 KB, 1012x1351) Image search: [Google]
chris-kyle2.jpg
160 KB, 1012x1351
i dont normally lurk /k/ but ive been hearing on other boards that /k/ hates chris kyle/ the american sniper movie with a passion

i understand that it is hyped up and propaganda, but other than that why dont you all like him?
>>
>>30065229
He was a pathological liar, not only with his "autobiography" but with his claims that he was donating all of his book's proceeds to Vet charities.
Guy was a douchebag, hero or not.
>>
>>30065257
what exactly did he lie about?

i didnt read the book, but did he really lie or did producers add dumb shit into themovie to make it better
>>
>>30065276
I'm too lazy to look it up exactly, but off the top of my head, he said he found WMD stuff somehow connected to France, and he claimed he shot looters in New Orleans after Katrina. The former, were it true, would have started a war with the frogs, the latter is not only a lie he admitted to, but it'd be illegal.
>>
>>30065276
His brawl with Jesse Ventura is a perfect example. Kyle's widow even ended up having to pay Ventura after a lawsuit.
>>
>>30065311
>and he claimed he shot looters in New Orleans after Katrina.
Not that anon you responded to but why would he even bring that up? truth or not. Seems like something like that would piss people off and as you mentioned illegal
>>
Too be fair here, the military maintains records about as well as a 6 year old maintains the cleanliness of his room. I am still missing my Iraqi Campaign medals in my files even though I've shown them the citation two times. I asked them where the fuck they thought I was in 2008 and they have no idea (I sure know, it was in Baghdad). And when I examined my medals the other week, I noticed they gave me a nuclear deterrence medal even though I've never been stationed at a nuke base.
>>
>>30065311
>>30065325
i want to read the book to check this but i dont want to waste my money now

fucking hell
>>
>>30065327
Because he's an attention whore.

Don't be afraid to chalk up lies to being just an attention whore.
>>
File: 234524353425.png (27 KB, 686x254) Image search: [Google]
234524353425.png
27 KB, 686x254
>>30065355
>buying books

There, one search and I found a badly formatted PDF. I'm sure you could even find a decent torrent in seconds.
>>
>>30065370
>Because he's an attention whore.
That's actually prob spot on. I guess people get so carried away with the attention they don't even realize how they're coming off or looking. You'd think though his publishers or PR people would've said chill the fuck out on the shooting nigs in New Orleans.
>>
>>30065401
The kind of person that buys those walmart tier oper8er books probably don't care about that
>>
>>30065394
god damn he doesnt even try to start it off as a memoir, he makes it sound overly dramatic like one of those action novels you read in middle school

how the fuck did it get so big
>>
>>30065489
Because stupid midwesterners and hero worship
>>
File: worldssmallestviolin.jpg (29 KB, 550x285) Image search: [Google]
worldssmallestviolin.jpg
29 KB, 550x285
>>30065229
because he represents everything wrong with blind patriotism, and then there is the movie which is a muddling half assed piece of storytelling that falls flat. the way what little story there is gets told what you end up with is MERICA the movie about how stupid texans are mixed with hero worship BS a lame love story shoehorned in with no plot impact, and at least a dozen chances to tell a powerful story all missed by trying to make the main character some flawless uber patriot who knows no weakness and still manages to come across as a douchebag despite every act of movie magic to make him some golden god that must be worshipped without question or you are unamerican.
so to sum up the movie it was a piss poor propaganda dick sucking fest with no coherent story and the guy was a rather lousy human being, who was plagued by PTSD even though he is painted as the golden god who never could be touched by such a pog disease
>>
>>30065436
Touche
>>
I don't know how accurate this article is, but apparently he also embellished his military records and awards. So stolen valor should also be included in his list of lies?

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/25/american-sniper-chris-kyle-distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/
>>
File: 1461571549164.png (399 KB, 619x464) Image search: [Google]
1461571549164.png
399 KB, 619x464
>>30065229
>i dont normally lurk /k/ but ive been hearing on other boards that /k/ hates chris kyle/ the american sniper movie with a passion

Navy seals are fucking faggets stolen valor and rangers rangers da RANGURS R DA BESS IM GONNA GO OPTION 40 because there's one active ranger that browses here.

Majority of /k/ are a bunch of fedora hipsters that think seals are too """"mainstream""" since every normalfag knows what a navy seal is so they dickride more "obscure" sof groups like rangers and literally whos out of serbia

There's bad eggs in the seal teams just like there's blowhard rangers but noo it's different
>>
>>30068723
Which is interesting when nobody on this board has actual military experience and is talking out of their ass.
>>
>>30065517
Can someone suggests me a movie with the same tones and atmospheres of the hurt locker?
>>
>>30065276
His fib about how many medals he actually earned is finally making it's way out to the MSM, along with a good number of his other lies, including the one about Ventura.

He did some really amazing shit, don't understand why he had to fuck it all up by spewing easily verifiable bullshit.
>>
File: Don't fuck with PTSD.png (29 KB, 1129x191) Image search: [Google]
Don't fuck with PTSD.png
29 KB, 1129x191
>>
File: 1461995291216.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1461995291216.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>30068739
>>
Things Chris Kyle has said.

>I remember it like it was yesterday. You know Katrina? whenever that was.President Bush has a meeting with the Pentagon about how to stop to flooding from looting all of Louisiana and the Pentagon said that they had the man and that man was me Chris Kyle. Then there I was Chris Kyle being dropped in by Blackhawk to the roof of the Super Bowl to restore order and safety to the city of New Orleans. I took up position looking over the entire city with my scope, making sure not to silhouette myself, that is when I spotted a group of men looting. I shot them. Word got out that Chris Kyle was there to restore order in the city. I know because I'm Chris Kyle.

>There I was in Iraq during my time in Iraq. Got word that terrorist were killing my friends and their friends in one of the bases in Iraq that we had in Iraq. Decided Chris Kyle had enough and I agreed to put an end to it the only way I knew how. I took a box of MREs to a poor village near the base and whispered into the wind that anybody who comes near this box of MREs or comes to collect the bodies of the people who go near MREs are terrorists. The Wind carried the message to far corners of Mesopotamia so they got their warning and that is how I became America's Top Sniper Chris Kyle.
>>
>>30065311
>WMD stuff somehow connected to France
That is actually true
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1980/02/28/france-plans-to-sell-iraq-weapons-grade-uranium/da7187fb-6e77-4e09-9c1f-f2d4f7634561/
>>
>>30069055
Disturbingly accurate
>>
>>30069055
>So there i was in russia when i chris kyle decided to single handedly take out a group of rogue kgb agents trying to start a new cold war. So i took them out one by one with nothing but an empty can of folgers coffee and a rolled up times magazine from the 1980's. Before i killed each one i told them chris kyle is the one who sent you to commie hell
>>
>>30069131
there is more.

>One day at night I pulled into a Gas Station to buy Gas. As I was exiting my vehicle like you would to buy gas two men approached me demanding my vehicle and my money or they would kill me. My first thought was how do you not know it is me Chris Kyle, the second thought was GO TIME! I yelled the second thought as drew my weapon and proceeded to double tap both the assailants in the same fashion as I taught special forces to do. Suddenly The Police appeared asking me what happened, and I said don't worry I'm Chris Kyle and they should call the Pentagon, and then they did call the Pentagon, and the Pentagon said not to worry he is Chris Kyle. they shook my hand for a job well done and said I was a real hero, I said I know but they are heroes too but I'm Chris Kyle, then I went home.
>>
>>30069273
> So i chris kyle was personally asked by the THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to go to Peru to investigate ancient Incan vampires
> upon my arrival to the ancient city of machu pichu i chris kyle discovered it was crawling with not just vampires but nazi zombies
> so using the ancient secret techniques of Hamon developed by the Navy Seals i chris kyle stopped their plans to kill jesus again
>>
I remember when at least half of this board sucked this faggot's dick, including at least a few tripfags. What happened?
>>
>>30069382
hipsters
>>
>>30069382
Nothing happened. People who are half or less than half the man he was are doing whatever they can to demonize him. The man earned a fucking Silver Star. Fucking hell. Who here has one? Nobody? Didn't think so. He is a genuine hero.

Shitbags kicking a man when he's down...
>>
>>30065229
his book is pretty good if you remember it's fiction

it's basically a modern adventure novel with muh SEALs who doesn't love that?
>>
>>30068766
Don't know any but thanks for reminding of that movie. I remember when I was younger we had a boot leg dvd waaaaaaay before it came to the theaters.
>>
>>30068990
>bumfuck poggie or 11b
>any credibility when talking about sof

haha fuck you
>>
>>30069412
Repeating what he said counts as kicking him when he is down.

>Well why you gotta make him sound like a jack ass?
You ever him speak? he spoke like a jack ass. His Silver Star ain't going to stop people for making fun of the stupid shit he said.
>>
>>30069412
>Shitbags kicking a man when he's down...
He was a lying, self-aggrandizing cunt - and so is his greedy wife. These people deserve absolutely nothing but scorn and ridicule from anyone here.
>>
>>30069382
People finally discovered what a shitbag Kyle was?
>>
>>30065229
>puts roll of copper wire in road
>iraqi goes to grab it because his job was bombed
>"HES GOING FOR THE BOMB MAKING MATERIALS"
> Chris Kyle shoots him

MOST DANGEROUS SNIPER USA #1
>>
>>30069412
>He was used for propaganda
>You should all blindly worship him like I do!

Kek
>>
>>30069489
>People finally discovered what a shitbag Kyle was?
Even then this was common knowledge. I guess it just took awhile for it to finally sink the fuck in.
>>
>>30068723
there's more than one ranger on /k/, it just happens that only one is a tripfag
>>
>>30069485
actually I think greedy wife is by far the greatest taint to the mans honor he was a douche but his wife was the bag, and is far more implicit in his "legend" than he was... why are all military wives such whores
>>
>>30069504
By all means, tell us how better you are than an American hero Navy SEAL who earned a Silver Star.

You're what - some fucking civilian fatass who got a high score on a video game?

Thought so.
>>
>After Chris Kyle's carrers as America Greatest Sniper Chris Kyle came to an end I decided I would give back. A lot of guys came back from Iraq and Afghanistan messed up and I needed to help them the only way Chris Kyle knew how. By shooting things. Some want to talk but just call them a pussy enough times and they get over it right now. Like this pussy right here. Yeah I know you saw some shit, that's great but I'm Chris Kyle and I saw shit in my scope. you know home many terrorists I killed that look like children? like 56 dude. 56 confirmed small terrorist kills. and I'm fine. now stop being a pussy faggot and take this gun and aim it at those targets.The targets faggot, not me Chris Ky
>>
>>30068766
Flush 10 dollars down the toilet and bang your head against the wall for 2 hours.
>>
File: christ kyle.png (21 KB, 874x138) Image search: [Google]
christ kyle.png
21 KB, 874x138
>>30069575
beautiful
>>
>>30069575
This is quality
>>
>>30069575
golden
>>
File: sidesinspace.png (249 KB, 950x625) Image search: [Google]
sidesinspace.png
249 KB, 950x625
>>30069609
best description ever
>>
>>30069572
Are you being serious?
>>
>>30065517
Punctuation motherfucker, do you use it?
>>
File: Kyle sycophants.jpg (154 KB, 1018x889) Image search: [Google]
Kyle sycophants.jpg
154 KB, 1018x889
>>30069628
Sad, isn't it?
>>
>>30065229
He's a fraud, a liar and a narcissistic asshole.
>>
>>30069759
So A SEAL?
>>
>>30069777
No just a shit tier example of one.
>>
>>30069759
Translation: I have zero evidence and I'm a fat neck beard but I love jumping on the band wagon!
>>
>>30069575
Kek

We need more kyle posting
>>
>>30069797
Translation: it is i Chris Kyle posting from the grave. as Chris Kyle.
>>
>>30069909
So chris kyle faked his death too

Its like pottery
>>
>>30069909
Mr. Kyle please tell us the story on how you faked your death
>>
File: 1462889893517.png (216 KB, 1352x2200) Image search: [Google]
1462889893517.png
216 KB, 1352x2200
>>
File: as0t62g.jpg (645 KB, 720x5442) Image search: [Google]
as0t62g.jpg
645 KB, 720x5442
>>30065229
>>
>>30069572
Silver Stars aren't as rare as you seem to think they are.
>>
Wait, so tell me again why the F35 sucks...?
>>
>>30070971
It doesn't.
>>
>>30065311
pretty sure that stuff wasn't in the book
>>
>>30070991
The Katrina sniping, gas station shooting, and the fistfight with "scruffy" are.
>>
>>30065229
mostly meme hate
>>
>>30070991
Post-Publication Retraction Edit
In July 2014, the sub-chapter "Punching Out Scruff Face" was removed from later editions of the book, after a three-week trial in U.S. Federal Court where the jury found that the author, Chris Kyle, had unjustly enriched himself by defaming plaintiff Jesse Ventura. In the book, Kyle described blackening the eye of "Scruff Face", whom he later identified in media interviews as Jesse Ventura.[6] The jury awarded $500,000 for defamation and $1,345,477.25 for unjust enrichment.[7][8] The lawsuit, Ventura v. Kyle, is being appealed by the defendant's estate to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.[9][10]

In December 2014, attorneys for Ventura filed a separate lawsuit against HarperCollins, the parent company of the publisher, for failing to check the accuracy of the story it used in publicity. The suit alleges that the false account used in publicity had "increased sales" and generated "millions of dollars for HarperCollins."[11]

False Charity Donation Claims Edit
Secondary sources said Kyle's family claimed he donated all his book proceeds to Veterans' Charity, but reports surfaced that he had kept most of the profit for himself.[12] National Review rebutted the reported claim that all proceeds of his book went to veterans' charities. According to reports, around 2 percent ($52,000) went to the charities, while Kyle's family took $3 million.[13]
Exaggerated Military Record Claims Edit
In May 2016, internal Navy documents obtained by The Intercept revealed that Kyle's autobiography had "grossly exaggerated" his military service record, and that he had been warned by Navy officials about the inaccuracies before publication.[14][15][16]
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.