[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how are the gun laws in Illinois I'm moving to there from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 24
File: ILMap2.jpg (37 KB, 320x407) Image search: [Google]
ILMap2.jpg
37 KB, 320x407
how are the gun laws in Illinois

I'm moving to there from California, is it worse?
>>
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>30061017
Better then Cali, but still not good especially in Cook county
>>
File: 1461828662473.jpg (33 KB, 694x647) Image search: [Google]
1461828662473.jpg
33 KB, 694x647
>>30061017
We may suck, but Cali sucks more. Just be sure not to move to Cook County. Almost anywhere else and your fine.
>>
File: just.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>30061023

look it was either this or moving in with my parents in connecticut

CA may be shit but I'm not registering my 80% AR
>>
>>30061111
Literally no state has worse gun laws than Commiefornia.
>>
>>30061017
Should I shoot myself in the head or hug a hand grenade?
>>
>>30061125

I had to give an in person interview just to buy a gun here in Massachusetts. In California I was able to buy one and wait only 10 days. CA's laws are just stupid but they're not britian-tier like Mass is.

Also technically Hawaii has the worst gun laws, but they don't really count since they're not part of the lower 48.
>>
File: unexpected dutch angle.jpg (16 KB, 360x233) Image search: [Google]
unexpected dutch angle.jpg
16 KB, 360x233
>>30061125

>Literally no state has worse gun laws than Commiefornia.

I remember back when I was naive and innocent like you
>>
>>30061017
Basic Illinois gun info from an Illinoisfag:
In Illinois you have to get a FOID card (Firearm Owners Identification Card). It takes about a month to get.

Cook County (Chicago basically) bans about everything. That's why it's not surprising that it is completely ringed by gun shops.

Also, conceal carry was finally issued last year.

Now this isn't about guns but Illinois as a whole. The state is utterly fucked with debt ($130 billion in state worker pension liabilities). Illinois has the highest amounts of local government beating all other states, second highest property taxes, and I'd say the most corrupt by far (presently two former governors are in prison). Furthermore, there is a stalemate in regard to balancing the budget that has lasted over a year.

Personally, if you can pic another state, do it. Or at least try to commute from another state. Illinois is a fucking mess.
>>
>>30061017
NFA is b&
FOID (can't even touch guns in shops without presenting it)
State is in absolute shit condition, I'm trying to escape, don't come here it's bad. Just go to Missouri
>>
>>30061279
Chicago also has a multi billion dollar unfunded pension problem that the state Constitution bars them from defaulting on, so expect taxes to go through the fucking roof when all the boomers retire.
>>
>>30061279

>The state is utterly fucked with debt ($130 billion in state worker pension liabilities). Illinois has the highest amounts of local government beating all other states, second highest property taxes, and I'd say the most corrupt by far (presently two former governors are in prison). Furthermore, there is a stalemate in regard to balancing the budget that has lasted over a year.

eh california is in the same position due to prop 13 making the state perpetually bankrupt. I'm not too worried, it's only a matter of time before pensions get cut and the unions get fucked raw by their democrat masters (like they did here). They'll learn to accept it since it's not like they have any alternatives.

[spoiler]I picked Illinois over Michigan because I enjoy commuting to work by train. That may sound petty but my current 90 minute car commute is killing me[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1433413547359.jpg (599 KB, 3000x1987) Image search: [Google]
1433413547359.jpg
599 KB, 3000x1987
>>30061279
>>30061017
yeah that shit is true, fucking university and a bunch of other shit is getting their funds cut like theirs no tomorrow. Luckily im moving to Indiana, good luck in that shit liberal state so called Illinois
>>
>>30061279
This. Crook county is garbage and we need more gun advocates, but it is swinging in the right direction. Just know that any politician in Illinois or out of Illinois is either corrupt or incompetent or both. And if you plan on going to college make sure you have a lot of money saved up, the state just cut the MAP grant for most students and we are still in a budget crisis. Also vote against Michael madigan. Guys a crooked prick who only like benefiting himself
>>
>>30061302
I've got a good job with a company here but I've been looking to get out too. It feel like at every level of Illinois government they look to the tax payer as someone who owes them.

Also, with the FOID card, I had to present it one time just to buy a gun cleaning mat.
>>
>>30061310
Renegotiation on pensions would require amending the state Constitution, and we haven't had a fucking BUDGET since July 2015. The blow up will be a lot messier than in California.
>>
>>30061279
>>30061306
>>30061310
>>30061315
All this is true as well. Their raising the telephone tax. In a year or two property tax is going to go up. In Chicago there trying to fine people who don't pick up after their dogs in their own back yard. Also they were talking about releasing coyotes in chicago to eat rats. This state is spiraling
>>
>>30061017
Besides NY, NJ and California, the worst in the nation. The suburbs aren't too bad, but Chicago it's has very strict gun laws.
>>
Oh also they were thinking about taxing people per mile they drive, thankfully that got.shot down.
>>
>>30061341
>>30061352

CA was in the same place back in 2008, there's no way it could be worse than a full blown budget meltdown + housing crash. Chicago has to be run by smart people.
>>
File: mo1234123421.jpg (729 KB, 1067x809) Image search: [Google]
mo1234123421.jpg
729 KB, 1067x809
>>30061302
>go to Missouri

Welcome, friendo. We are a free state.
>>
>>30061413
Alright welcome to Illinois just don't drive on the Dan Ryan
>>
File: laughing chinese cartoon.png (309 KB, 275x674) Image search: [Google]
laughing chinese cartoon.png
309 KB, 275x674
>>30061413
>there's no way it could be worse than a full blown budget meltdown + housing crash
Chicago's population peaked in the 1950s. Even a 30% city income tax would not be enough to cover the shortfall without slashing current services to the bone.
>Chicago has to be run by smart people.
>mfw
>>
File: guns.jpg (362 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
362 KB, 650x400
>>30061416

Fuck that.

Come here to the free state of Arizona. We have tacos, no requirement for a permit to ccw, and salt weapons as far as the eye can see.
>>
File: missouri.png (35 KB, 349x203) Image search: [Google]
missouri.png
35 KB, 349x203
>>30061302
>>30061416

>Missouri
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 256x192
>>30061413
>chicago has to be run by smart people
>>
>>30061472
Constitutional carry was passed here a few weeks ago. You do have more tacos tho.
>>
>>30061498
Is this bait? The singled out state in that picture is Minnesota.
>>
>>30061017
>>30061023
>This

Look. As long as you do not live in the greater chicagoland area, you will be fine. Just keep your shit to yourself. Also everyone will report you for anything wrong, so dont take stupid shit to a range. Dont register your guns. ever.
>>
>>30061206
>I had to give an in person interview just to buy a gun here in Massachusetts.

You have to apply for a a permit in person, but once you have that there's nothing stopping you from buying as many guns as you want the rest of your life. In most respects Mass laws are far better than California.

The two major Mass downsides are the approved handgun roster and the no mail order ammo sales.
>>
>>30061302
Fellow Illinois bro here. I regularly go to my LGS and finger fuck guns freely. Also, with a C&R license SBRs are OK. I've also heard SBS and DDs are OK. We aren't so bad, just stay away from cook county.
>>
>>30061233
That hair cut. ........like he walked into the barber shop and said "Just fuck my shit up"
>>
>>30061111
Wow. three states to choose from and they are all utter shit for gun laws. Tough luck anon.
>>
>>30061352
They raise the property tax every year. My dad, who's retired and a widower living in a 1200 sq ft house in the boondocks (no township or city taxes) pays significantly more in property taxes than I do, and I live in urban STL in a 2300sqft house. He says his tax rate has gone up 3% a year for the last 20 years and the way they value property keeps changing to get around the fact that any valuation increase of more than 11% has to have a legislative review.
>the house that he paid $98,000 for costs him almost $12,000 a year in property taxes yet is still only valued at ~$110,000
>>
>>30061306
Boomers. Rode into greatness in their parents coattails, had tons of kids, voted like ass then promised those kids the same future that they themselves did not earn. Boomers will be known as Busters after the full impact of their generation is felt. InB4 any millennials chime in, you are the flea on the wing of the fly by comparison. So just don't.
>>
>>30061548
Yeah but we have more gyros.
>>
>>30061017
You need a FOID to buy or own or transport or even look at guns.

So don't forget to get your 2nd amendment privilege card, and there is a waiting period, no NFA items, no AP ammo.

It's what happens when immigrants and Jews in Chicago fuck over the entire rest of the state.

You get half-assed gun control the rest of the state has to deal with.
>>
>>30061472
The white man was not meant to live in that climate.
>>
>>30061017
>no sbr, sbs, full retard, or any NFA item
>have to get a FOID card (firearm owner's identification card)
>open carry is a big no no, but there are some areas that allow it (good luck finding those areas though)
>conceal carry is hard as fuck to do because there are so many areas that ban conceal carry weapons
>Cook County is fucked
>some towns have "assault weapons bans"
>you by law have to keep records of gun purchases for 10 years and so does the seller

The only way to get around the law is to get a C&R license like >>30061767 said.
>>
If it's any consolation, I've driven a lot in the great lakes region, and lllinois has the best roads by far. Plus you get to chuckle at the fact that there is a $4.75 toll booth right under the
>Rahm Emmanuel welcomes you to Chicago!
sign
>>
>>30061867
>Illinois has the best roads by far
Only in and around the Chicago metro area. Down state it's utter shit.
>the same section of I-70 has had road construction signs and barricades up with no work done since 1989
>a 4-mile long stretch of I-70 has been a single-lane gravel road since 2008
>pretty much every county maintained road in the entire state has at least one pothole big enough to swallow a Buick
>>
>>30061867
Bull fucking shit. The only roads in Illinois that are any good are the ones you have to pay $3 a mile to drive on.
>>
>>30061867
>lllinois has the best roads by far
There are potholes in Chicago that can devour an entire SmartCar. Only the highways are well maintained.

t. Chiraqi
>>
>>30061017

Illinois is miles ahead of California, MD, NY, MA, CT, NJ, etc. There is a FOID, costs $10 and is good for 10 years. There is a waiting period (24 hours for long guns, 72 hours for handguns). That's it. No capacity or feature bans outside of Crook County. You can order ammo and C&R guns straight to your door. You just have to send a scan or photo of your FOID to wherever you buy ammo from.

>>30061279

Listen to this anon OP. Do not buy property here in IL. If you own property and pay taxes on it you will be utterly fucked once the state becomes insolvent.
>>
>>30061105
This

Also if you move near chicagoland area stay near wheaton/naperville area. Northern suburbs are complete trash when it comes to laws. And the other suburbs are either white trash or niggers.

Dont tell anyone jack shit. Believe me, they will either think youre a crazed shooter or some gangbanger. Dont register shit. Just get your foid and ccl, and manufacture your shit from 80% lowers.
>>
>>30062215
Fuggg I own two properties in IL.

What do
>>
>>30061413
>Chicago has to be run by smart people.

Former Mayor Daley leased the entirety of the city's parking garages and meters to a Wall Street firm (that had a relative working there) for $1 billion for 75 years to balance the budget. The deal has Chicago pay the parking meter company for lost revenue due to special events, closures, and weather.

The deal bars the City Council and Plan Commission from approving competing public garages within a certain distance from the city garages downtown, and the city has already gone into arbitration and lost well into the eight-figures because they approved a public garage for a new high-rise downtown.

That $1 billion will be collected in meter fees by 2020, leaving the remaining 60 years of fees as straight profit that will not go towards Chicago's pension debt, schools, or infrastructure.

This "deal" sailed through the City Council, btw.
>>
>>30062272
Also make friends with the chicago outfit. As long as you know somebody, youll be okay in the long run.
>>
>>30061850
>no NFA items

If you have a C&R you can get SBR/SBS. One of our downstate, pro-gun democrats pulled a fast one on Quinn.
>>
>>30061206
This I'm in MA in the summers. However the hand gun permit is may issue but the rifle permit is shall issue.
>>
>>30061970
>>30062141
in all fairness, most of my driving in the state was from MN to MI, so I only went through the Chicago part of the state.
>>
>>30062315
No SBSs or suppressors (We're working on getting those)
DDs and SBRs are fine.

http://www.gunlaws101.com/state/law/illinois/nfa-weapon-restrictions
>>
>>30062272
For the Wheaton/Naperville area, stay away from Aurora. I've had to circumnavigate a few shitty laws here to get the guns I want. They have an "Assault weapons ban" that nobody (not even the police) give a shit about. But it will be a hassle.
>>
>>30061331
Some places are paranoid as fuck about the foid card thing but I recently turned 21 and went to a gun shop with my brother(he had to fix his M&P shield) and while we were looking around his cool Asian guy working the counter asked if I was looking for something in particular. I told him I was just admiring and that I had just turned 21 and applied for my foid card. And he said that since I don't have one I couldn't handle the guns but he pulled out a five seveN that they offer as a rental and he held it by the barrel. He told me so long as he's still holding I can handle it. Sometimes you just have to find the right people to help you out.
>>
>>30061310
Don't take the metra it's gucking garbage and filled with suburbanite moms talking about the dumbest shit
>>
>>30061326

Fuck Madigan. I can't wait until he follows Blagajaja into the big house.
>>
>>30062272
I live in the south suburbs and it's pretty chill here. People love there gun rights and lean less liberal than the north. Although I fucking hate the white sox fans they are so trashy
>>
>>30062304
The Chicago outfit is shit you want a Slavic group as your friend. They are the ones who get things done. The strip club by my house is run by them
>>
>>30061017
http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/illinois-zero-private-sector-job-growth-in-21st-century/

bawahahahahaha trust me it will be worse than commiefornia in a year or two. Hell, despite it being hard to find a job in commiefornia I bet it is still easier than Illinois. But hurr durr I have a job anon. Well, don't buy a house there because if people can't get jobs they can't afford to buy homes which brings down prices.

>>30061416
ehh, I liked and hated missouri honestly.

Casting aside the fact that I lived there for a girl I fell in love with and then she broke my heart the state is pretty fucking middle of the road.

It has a good family vibe to the state. Everyone is cool outside of libtardshit holes like stl, kc, and columbia, but at the same time it is all meth up and now most likely heroine. The weather is nuts too, but I am from commiefornia, now washington, so I guess that is just what it is like living far from oceans that can regulate weather. I will say though that while missouri doesn't have god tier gun laws(still decent and now with constitutional carry even better) it does have god tier drinking laws. It was awesome to be able to drink in the car as long as you were not driving and the whole liqueur store drive through kicked ass.

Oh, I found it funny to see all those sex shops and church that lined i-70.
>>
>>30061315

Indiana is pretty based. I have a laugh every time I drive there as the highways around Chicago are peppered with billboards of IN bragging about how they actually have their shit together
>>
>>30062980
I know, and it doesn't help that the fucking Illinois attorney general is his fuckinng daughter. Anytime they catch him slipping she bails him out.
>>
>>30061017
They suck but they're getting better.

Cook county's corrupt shit government officials have been ruining the states laws forever and the damage is only recently starting to get fixed after the supreme court has started to tell them to actually follow the fucking law.
>>
Since this is an Illinois thread; do any of you with a C&R license know if it's only SBR's? Can I get suppressors too?
>>
>>30061331
no you didn't. stop spewing bullshit
>>
>>30063004
>god tier drinking laws

This is true. When it comes to alcohol freedom Missouri and Louisiana are the best in the nation.
>>
Faillinois is the worst of the midwest.
Iowa isn't terrible, Missouri is pretty good. IIRC Minnesota is good for guns but sucks at everything else. Then everything west until you hit the coastal states.
>>
>>30061383
MA, MD, HI, and CT are also worse than IL, and RI is debatably worse
places by gun laws are really:
D.C./NYC/Chicago etc (big liberal cities that basically prohibit guns unless you were current/former police)<<<NJ<MD<CA=NY<CT<HI<RI<IL
>>
>>30061331
>Also, with the FOID card, I had to present it one time just to buy a gun cleaning mat.
No. You didn't HAVE to, some LGS MADE you for what ever reason. Are you a hippie looking faggot cause I would fuck with you myself.
>>30063435
>no you didn't. stop spewing bullshit
Sadly he is telling the truth. There is a big box super store type place in Plainfield that won't even let anyone INSIDE the fucking store with out a FOID. I used to spend a lot of money there on ammo but said if I can't bring my 12 Y/O nephew in here to drool over a rifle they can fuck off.
>>
>>30062272

Lake County is ok, except highland park AFAIK. Lots of really nice forest preserves
>>
>>30063516
You can literally get beer to go in lousiana
>>
>>30063115
SBR's only. We're working on getting a suppressor bill through the house for "hunting".
>>
>>30062915

Tune out with headphones, enjoy the scenery if you're far enough away from the city
>>
>>30063011

Yeah, that shit is so obvious. It never ceases to amaze me how oblivious locals are to the state's politics. All I see is morons blaming the budget standoff and fiscal disaster on Rauner and without even knowing who Madigan is. Once SHTF here I'm going to enjoy some serious schadenfreude
>>
>>30061125
10 round bullet-button AR compared to some bastardized NY SAFE edition or whatever.

>For now
>>
>>30062915
There's such a thing as quiet cars.
>>
>>30065238
Don't forget that the fair is 5.75 one way or something close to $150 a month for a monthly pass. When I first rode it it was 4.25 then it went up to 4.75 and then 5.25 and now 5.75 expect it to be close to 6.50 when you get here
>>
>>30065813
It's not just the people talking. It's also>>30065820
Plus the train only runs every hour so you are fucked if you don't get there early.
>>
>>30062915
>Don't take the metra
I was on the metra train, southwest line when I read this post and you need to ask the conductor which car is the designated "quiet" car. Fuck those loud mouthed women...holy shit they never stop gabbing and they are louder than the fucking train.LMAO
>>30065230
>SBR's only.
wait
hold up
clears throat
you're telling me we can have SBR's in Illinois now and no one told me?
When did this happen?
You shoot at the ISRA range in Bonfield anon?
>>
>>30065834
The prices don't exist in a vacuum. That's still cheaper than gas, parking, and increased maintenance from car commuting from the burbs every day, and WTF are you talking about? The trains run like every 10-15 minutes during rush hour.
>>
>>30066067
Lmao that's the one I used to take. But after they raised the price I stopped because fuck metra. Where do you get on and off at?
>>
>>30066131
The metra trains? No they don't when I leave my house in the morning if I miss the 8:04 train I'm stuck until 9:18. And the trains done even run between 10-1 for some reason according to the schedule. And I don't pay for parking there is free street parking where I go. And my car doesn't burn gas that much so it's like $20 a week on gas. I calculated it and I actually save money by driving
>>
>>30066132
Manhattan usually unless I can get downtown later then I take 175 st station.
>>30066132
>>30066176
Grow up FFS. It so much cheaper than driving into the city then parking and dealing with the traffic. Plus sitting at the bar in the mid level watching the amtrak freaks makes my day. Hard to feel bad about my life watching those brain dead fucks stumble around.
> I calculated it and I actually save money by driving
Yea, your twelve pretending to matter.
>>
>>30066293
>amtrak freaks
The trains or the trainspotters? I actually took the Empire Builder to Seattle once and it was a fun trip.
>>
>>30065280
>Once SHTF here I'm going to enjoy some serious schadenfreude
North of 80 and East of 355 will be like the Purge on meth with a side of meth and a double shot of meth on the rocks, with said ice being made of meth
>>
>>30066319
The worn out people waiting for connecting trains. Everyone is just beat, in the same clothes for days on end and have that lost look in their eyes.
I'm afraid to get on Amtrak, they have wrecks every month.
>>
>>30061383
Oh hell, it isn't that bad.

No restrictions apart from NFA unless you live in Shitcago.
>>
>>30066389
>No restrictions apart from NFA unless you live in Shitcago.
For once and all. The laws in Chicago and other towns aren't constitutional and have never been enforced ever, You can't find one person who has faced a judge for owning salt weapons or 30 round magazines. I had ammo shipped to my door regularly and owned everything I wanted outside of full giggle and SBRs. I bought a couple dozen semi automatic hand guns and rifles over the years while living in Chicago and after I moved out of there remaining in Cook county with no problem ever. I remember shooting with cops from Chicago at the Elmwood Gun Club and how they would say unless you use it in a crime no one gives a shit

I know every single gun shop on the western and southern boarders of Chicago ( or I used to) and the only one who refuses to sell to people from cook county is that cunt from midwest sporting goods. His father was a great guy, can't figure out why his son is such a dick.
>>
Far NW burbs checking in. Neighbours on all sides pro freedom. Not too many no carry signs. All ranges cost money. You better be making serious cash.

That being said I'll see you down in AZ. Parents moved down, have the same size house, literally pay 1/10th of my property tax.
>>
File: peoples republic.gif (36 KB, 453x750) Image search: [Google]
peoples republic.gif
36 KB, 453x750
SO Failinois meet up when? Has to be somewhere we can camp and shoot, right guys?
>>
>>30062895
Ditto this OP
I grew up here, and as a kid I was very welcomed because I went to the right place after dragging my father to some shitty ones. I was 10-12, can't remember, and they let me handle anything my heart desired and always with a smile. Not so much anymore though, 19 and all my friends there have moved on and they won't let me handle a damn thing since I'm under 21 and they're paranoid. Though I can still shoot on the range for some reason (Can shoot guns, but not handle unloaded ones, got it). The point is, don't settle for shite employees, keep finding other stores til they're the kinda people you'd go shooting with.
>>
>>30066697
Aurora sportsman club

There has to be a /k/omrade with a membership
>>
>>30066665
>66665
So close to greatness
>>30066666

Where you going in AZ. It gets hot enough some places there in the summer you can burn your hands opening a car door.
>>
>>30066720
Isn't that one like one guest allowed with them at one time, and that guest can't come back again (Unless they buy a membership, of course)
>>
>>30066753
There's something on the website for private parties and renting it out. Don't know if you need a member to do so.

Unless someone has acreage up north
>>
>>30066720
>Aurora sportsman club
Place is beautiful, do you know if you can have group events there? Where would we camp .
The ISRA range allows for over night camping, free BTW and that's nice right? You can have drinks after you put the guns away and they are grills for dinner. They have hot showers and nice clean shitters.
Two clay pits with mechanical throwers. probably 100 feet of fireline for pistols and 200 feet fireline line for rifles,
ONE FUCKING SHOT PER SECOND HEEELLLLL
If a few people are interested I can look into it
>>
>>30066293
Don't believe me I don't give a fuck. if I took the train to school(I go to Uic) I would have to pay $159.25 a month for 4 months. That's over $600. I don't pay for parking at Uic because I get free parking on Roosevelt. My car needs $20 a week on gas and I get free maintenance on it since my brother is a mechanic. Uic is 16 week semesters. 16X20 is $320 that's a little under half of what I would pay. now let's look at it as if I got a 10 ride pass for the first 2 weeks and the last week of the semester. That's still $483.25 the only way it would cost me more to drive is if I drove a hummer to school everyday.
>>
>>30066552
>Midwest sporting
Is that the one in Lyons? That's the one I went to >>30062895 here. That Asian guy was cool but my bro told me the best one he goes to is rinks and article 2, except article 2 is supposedly racist towards non white customers. Never been so I can't say
>>
File: uic you say.jpg (26 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
uic you say.jpg
26 KB, 500x344
>>30067063
>I go to Uic
Stopped reading right there because it's UIC
pic related
>>
>>30067140
Its the best undergrad business school in Chicago so idgaf what you think. Also we have the highest employment rate after graduating because DePaul and Loyola can't get there shit together
>>
>>30061017
One day waiting period on long rifles, three days on handguns, background check. That's about the extent of the restrictions outside of the Shitcago area. Southern IL is alright.
>>
>>30063435
Sorry but this guy >>30064418 is telling the truth. I was in a fucking Rural King of all places in Southern Illinois buying a gun mat. The cashier saw it, called their manager and had me pull out my FOID card and show them. Really, it's that crazy. Although it maybe just box stores.
>>
>>30067027
I belive they have camping on site similar to isra. I bet it gets expensive though. On target in Crystal Lake is pretty cool. Holster draws on Tuesdays if you have a ccw or a nra class
>>
>>30067213
Forgot to mention the $10 FOID card.

Probably because it's easy to get - don't be a fucking felon, and fill out a form online.
>>
>>30067235
Oh, and you have to have a FOID card to buy ammunition in state, which is fucking gay.

Ammo is a lot cheaper if you cross over into MO anyways to buy it anyways, though. The FOID isn't required there.
>>
File: 1462807460829.jpg (33 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
1462807460829.jpg
33 KB, 400x343
>want to buy a gun
>Live in cook county
What the fuck do I do
>>
>>30067103
The Asian guy is cool, rinks is OK...out n Archer road past Lemont. Never been to 2A but never heard anything bad about them
As far as how different races get treated it's my personal experience that people get what they give. I get treated just fine buy people with different skin color but I do unto others, know what I mean.
>>30067214
Do you do everything people tell you to
[unzipping dick intensifies]
>>
>>30066552
good to know. I figured the city was afraid of any challenge to their gun laws in court
>>
>>30067267
Buy a fucking gun.
>>
>>30067267
Stop living in the most crooked fucking county in the world.

Southern IL fag here. Stop sucking all our tax dollars up there, and just break off into the Lake already, pieces of shit.

>drive north
>roads progressively get better
>interstates actually become LIT
>>
>>30067267
buy an SKS or literally any pistol online and use an FFL, easy
>>
>>30067267
>What the fuck do I do
If you live in the south end go anywhere but midwest sporting goods. They MIGHT say you;re not supposed to have this when they hand it to you. If you live north I feel bad for you.
The FBI doesn't give a fuck when they run your background check, The BATFE doesn't give a single fuck and the state police doen't care.
If you commit a crime you will get fucked in the ass, like you should.
>>
File: Theon-Alfie-Allen.jpg (36 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
Theon-Alfie-Allen.jpg
36 KB, 500x277
>>30062992
>thread about IL
>recommendations on which mob to cozy up to

Savage
>>
>>30067188
I was kidding hitler, good for doing something with your life.
>>
>>30067377
And anon advice was spot on, the Russians and Poles run shit now Be nice to the slavs, especially on the north side.
>>
>>30067409
I live in Alabama so it's not that big a deal here.

Just be nice to the klan and you're fine.
>>
Much better. Shall issue CCW for one.

Anything within cook county is automatically a 10rd zone for long guns, and 15 for handguns. Though the CCW act relinquishes control of handguns to the State, the City and County doesn't seem to think so, and there's been no test case. Lol, they argue that a magazine isn't teeechnnically a part of the gun, so they can regulate it. Fucking asinine.

Cook and Chicago regulate "assault weapons" so there's that. It's pretty strict, too. M1as are banned under the lanuguage, seeing as they have muzzle breaks. Also adjustable stocks, pistol grips, bayonets, pistols that take mags anywhere else than the grip(think tech 9s) and layzerz are b&

The State prohibits suppressors, SBRs and SBSs, so that kinda' sucks.

tl;dr if you're outside of Cook Co., you're in good shape. Otherwise, might as well be in Californistan if you don't CCW.
>>
>>30067276
Yeah, like I said j never experienced it but I read the Yelp reviews(not the best source be I was bored) and some were complaining about rude service and shit
>>
>>30067390
Uic is surrounded by basketball Americans who "dindu nothin" but they are cheap and have a high employment rate because they try so hard
>>
>>30067546
>Anything within cook county is automatically a 10rd zone for long guns, and 15 for handguns.
If you can find one persan who has been tried for the bullshit magazine law I'll kiss you fat dirty ass.

Thats taking the tens of thousands of gang bangers that have been arrested WITH THEM into considerfation since they passed the laws you fucking retards keep talking about anpon.
>>
>>30067377
>>30067409
Well yeah, Chicago is so packed with Slavs and pols that Pulaski day is like a national holiday. I used to get the day off on Pulaski day up until I graduated high school
>>
>>30067467
Well that and don't be gay black Mexican Arab or Jewish
>>
>>30067647

Like I said, there's been no test case. Ever.

It's a law that sits there to make the law abiding more weary about gun ownership.
>>
>>30067701
See? Not that hard.

Besides, the days of lynchings and shit are long gone. They only have a presence in the really rural areas
>>
File: tumblr_nb6w5fZQUh1trud11o1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x371) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb6w5fZQUh1trud11o1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x371
>>30062985
Dis, south suburbs seem pretty chill

>>30066552
This too

>>30067267
>get FOID
>drive to gun store outside of Cook County
>buy gun
OR
>get FOID
>browse armslist until you see something you like
>buy in private sale

>>30067308
>Stop sucking all our tax dollars up there
> That study found that the collar counties “paid 46 percent of the taxes but received only 27 percent of state spending. Downstate was the big net beneficiary, paying 33 percent of the taxes while receiving 47 percent of spending. Chicago paid 21 percent of the taxes and received 25 percent of the spending.”
https://books.google.com/books?id=eLJZSWMzkr8C&pg=PA17&lpg=PA17&dq=illinois+state+spending+collar+counties&source=bl&ots=5OD9w6vsh5&sig=I6quXnDZcy7jPIC-dLi__bxYN4U&hl=en&ei=iEXMTpC3J8aC2wX00f2vDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result#v=onepage&q=illinois%20state%20spending%20collar%20counties&f=false
>>
>>30061017
People make it out worse than it is.

Yes, you will need a FOID card. I'm in Cook county, I know plenty of people who own ARs, AKs, and everything else. The only real issue is finding a range (if your in Cook County) that isn't charging up the ass, jam packed, and anti gun nazis.

Pro tip if your in Cook County: stay away from Brinks, Freddy Bears, and that shitty range in Joilet. Make a day of it, head out to michigan city/Kingsburry Indiana, and Ottawa IL are both nice, cheaper, laid back. You can still find 30 round mags at local gun shops that are not charging much more than other online retailers, even though they are banned in Cook County. Also stay out of the city with yer guns.
>>
File: 1460644721278.jpg (1 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
1460644721278.jpg
1 MB, 2816x2112
>>30066697
666 approves!
>>
>>30067693
Considering General Cashmir Pulaski had a big part in winning the revolutionary war it should be a national holiday.

The guy was operator as fuck
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_Pulaski
>>
>>30067693
Also there's Paczki Day where everyone eats Polish donuts.
>>
>>30062294
spectacular
>>
>>30061416
Twf you lived in Illinois only 15 min from St. Louis for whole life. Finally graduated with and landed a really good job in the glorious state of Missouri, only about 30 minutes from home.

I finally have the opportunity and the means to get out of the second worst county in this messed up state of Shitcago.

It's actually sad... the taxes and corruption are fucked but if it weren't for that I would stay.
>>
>>30062294
Regardless of anyone's opinions on it, they need to legalize marijuana and cash in on it quick like CO before it becomes legal nation wide.
>>
>>30068145
No, go to /out/ hippie.
>>
>>30068019
Yes. Basically if you run into a white person in Chicago/suburbs surround Chicago, they are most likely of Eastern European decent. If not they are Irish American. Italians have long since been gone or mixed with the Irish. There are no others
>>
>>30068175
Yes fuck you. Legalize weed so that it does t get confiscated when I get caught
>>
>>30067308
You're the one spending all our fucking money and you don't even contribute. You're almost worse than the section 8ers
>>
>>30068487
Just sit there ad burn away your future anon. You are already meaningless if you smoke dope all day. Sad to know we lost another one.
>>
File: excellent.jpg (28 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
excellent.jpg
28 KB, 300x400
>>30062294
we took out a 220 million dollar loan to pay pensions for the police and firemen too! we're the best city
>>
>>30068585
Carl Sagan used to smoke weed so idk what you're talking about its like drinking without the shitty side affects
>>
>>30068585
you're a dingus, go home and think about what you've done young man
>>
File: 1463964711669.jpg (74 KB, 564x685) Image search: [Google]
1463964711669.jpg
74 KB, 564x685
>>30065280
Dumb question: where do you go to get more in depth information about stuff that doesn't get wider coverage?
>>
>>30061017
Don't, there is nothing to do here unless you live in the border with another state.
>>
>>30061331
What shitty county do you live in? Reside in RI county and never had them card me just to buy accessories not even in big box stores
>>
>>30061352
Good, I'm ready to watch this shit hole of a state burn or finally get it's shit together by force.
>>
>>30066697
I hear the plinking pit at Buffalo Range near Ottawa is open again, and I believe there they allow rapid fire. But seriously. Someone needs to own land here.
>>
My best friend's ex girlfriend of like...8 years...had property in Wayne county near I64 that had a long stretch of old dry creekbed that had some light bends to it, but you could see straight for about 1600m. It was the best place imaginable to shoot since it was a deep and fairly wide creekbed. I miss that place so fucking much. Sometimes I am tempted to go talk to that psycho cunt sometime and work my way back into being able to shoot there.
>>
>>30062291
Sell! sell! sell!
>>
>>30068656
And look what happened...he fucking died. Idiot.
>>
>>30068689
I'm sitting here drinking excellent whiskey, smoking a very fine cigar after a late meal made by my loving wife anon...I think I;ve done very well.
>>30068770
Could you possibly be less specific anon?
>>30069023
I hear the plinking pit at Buffalo Range near Ottawa is open again
No way. I have to see that to believe it.
I know those people would work out a group rate if we wanted to do a weekend meet up. Lets find camping near by and do this.
I used to go to Buffalo rock every weekend after I got out of high school. We would save plastic bottles and fill them woth water and food coloring then use one of those three man sling shots to send them to the back of the pit. Good times.
>>
>>30061017
Like what most anons said, it's better, but not by much.

Do not live in Cook County
Get a FOID
If you really can, live in another state that's close to the Illinois border. No restrictions and close to the state.
>Have fun
>>
>>30069246
Does Illinois have reciprocity with any states?
>>
>>30069287
I think Texas is the only one.
>>
>>30067103
Article 2 is decent at best, except for the owner(?) I'm not sure if he is but is at the least definitely the manager. He is the reason you're hearing they're racist stuff about them, because on top of being racist he is also a dickhead. Would recommend them as a 2nd to last resort, last resort being JR's Shooting Sports
>>
>>30070608
Do. Not. Go. To JR's. You will get price gouged on everything, and customer service is shit. I'd recommend RKA out in Plano. The range is clean and the staff is friendly.

>>30069227
Yeah, one of my co-workers said it was open last time he went (which was earlier this year) And I do recall seeing it on their website.
>>
>>30070608
What do you recommend as the best one that would be close by. I live in Palos hills and I'm not worried about money but I don't want to spend half the day driving out there although I did look up buffalo range >>30069227 a few months back because my friend told me they used to go to a pit where they would shoot manicins and fruits and shit and the buffalo range was the only one that came up in Illinois. And yes they are reopening it
>>30069287
Actually it does , if tou want to carry in all 50 states, the 2 you need are Florida and Illinois. After that you're golden
>>
>>30061017
>worried about gun laws
>Not worried about winter

Enjoy that shit in a few months!
>>
>>30070896
>in a few months
It stil
Might be going on, shit we had a blizzard of snow and hail in fuckinng April
>>
>>30062323
>may osdue

How does this not violate the 2A? Why are there no court rulings about it yet?
>>
>>30071419
Issue*
>>
>>30061159
Yes
>>
File: 1460876094767.jpg (2 MB, 1524x1353) Image search: [Google]
1460876094767.jpg
2 MB, 1524x1353
>>30071384
>>
If you don't mind a retarded governor and want really loose gun laws come to Kansas.
>>
>>30071419
There recently was in DC specifically about handguns and the good guys won. Now we need some masshole /k/ommando to file a lawsuit.
>>
>>30070896
I'll have you know we have 2 seasons in Illinois, Winter and Road construction.
>>
>>30070742
Hahahaha that's why JR's is an absolute last resort. I went there first when I was like 10 or 12 and that was 7ish years ago, and they were still fucking dickheads who overcharged. I really mean it, I've never had staff be so rude to me in my life. I'll check out RKA though, thanks
>>30070879
Well other anon recommended RKA, but I go to Maxons Shooting Supplies in Des Plaines. They used to be much more friendly, but they're not unfriendly now or anything and still have a decent range for indoors. Great for pistol, rather short-range for rifle. They won't be fags to you
>>
>>30061472
Yeah...too bad all that comes at the price of living in a shithole.
>>
>>30072933
Is that you based Chicago anon? With all you battle rifle glory?
>>
>>30061017

not much of an improvement
>>
>>30074218
Newp, just some Chicago Suburbia fag
>>
>>30064967
Yeah, but it's still filled with a bunch of faggots.
>>
File: 98vbyhi.png (44 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
98vbyhi.png
44 KB, 200x200
>>30071384
Ya did it, enjoy your funs
>>
>>30074269
Damn. Oh well.

>JR's
I live about 5 minutes away from them but I choose to drive out to Plano just because the staff at JR's is the worst in terms of customer service.
>>
>>30074350
How a store like that stays in business I have no idea, but at the least I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they were rude and I wasn't just being crazy
>>
>>30074343
>>30071723
Thanks. I've been wanting this since I first played duke nukes zero hour, and saw him fuck up pigmen with the duel revolvers and lever action rifle. I was six when then the game came out
>>
File: tumblr_o6ixn2EH8J1tii3ypo1_1280.jpg (145 KB, 855x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6ixn2EH8J1tii3ypo1_1280.jpg
145 KB, 855x960
>>30068770
>>30068770
If I understand what you're asking, Second City Cop is good. Pro-cop, though, unsurprisingly.
>>
>>30061064
i live in cook and it sucks but no one has come to arrest me so far.
>>
>>30074512
Some people just don't know. My dad bought a couple of Berettas from them. If I had known he went there to buy them, I'd have told him to go elsewhere. But he didn't tell anyone, and just showed up with them.
>>
>>30061352
lol- we already have coyotes- they eat pets. For the rats- they've actually been leaving birth control pellets that perm sterilize in the subway system. Seems to be working.
>>
>>30069227
>>30066697
>>30067027
I'm on board, so that's at least 3 anons, come on let's do something 'productive' this summer
>>
>>30079688
i guess i would be down for this
>>
>tfw live in St. Clair county
>tfw only gun shops near me are filled with fud shit
>tfw only good place to find 7.5x55 Swiss is Cabelas
>fud city

Haven't looked online for 7.5x55 in awhile.

At least I go to school in Missori, so I'm not getting ass fucked financially.
>>
>>30081728
>St. Clair County the home of East St. Louis

I know you not from there anon but Goddamn that place is an utter shithole.
>>
>>30081728

>2016
>still buying ammo in stores and not online
>not reloading snowflake/expensive milsurp calibers like 7.5x55, .303, .30-06, 8mm Mauser
>>
>>30079688
I'm down so long as it is after July 7th. I have a lot of shit I need to do
>>
OP, be grateful for what you have.

You could always be British like me and have it even worse.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.