[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going innawoods for a while in Commiefornia, Yosemite to be more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 054 - OOUUePU.jpg (597 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
054 - OOUUePU.jpg
597 KB, 1919x1079
Going innawoods for a while in Commiefornia, Yosemite to be more precise.

Worth the potential shit to bring along a shotgun and stash it in the backseat underneath a bunch of stuff?

I figure the odds of me needing it are exceptionally low and bears will be deterred a lot more by 5 shells of buckshot than pepper spray.
>>
>>30060055
If you're already shoving it in the backseat and under stuff, you can just put it in the trunk unloaded while driving and have your ass covered.

No problem innawoods, if you have to use it, nobody is going to be around to yell "HEY THAT GUN WAS ALREADY LOADED!"

Then when you leave, just empty it and put the ammo somewhere else. Worst case scenario and a cop searches you for some reason on your way back, everything is nice and legal.
>>
>>30060093
Long guns are legal to carry in CA as long as they're not loaded?

I thought CA was exclusively no funs allowed, but that helps, thanks.
>>
>>30060100
only in certain areas

you can't open carry unloaded in a city, for instance

it only applies to unincorporated areas
>>
>>30060055
its legal to have it but if you actually use it your fucked
https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/weapons.htm
Discharging a firearm for any reason is illegal.
Other Weapons
Within Yosemite National Park, it is prohibited to possess or use pepper spray (including bear spray and other irritant gas devices), pellet guns, BB guns, bows and arrows, crossbows, blowguns, spearguns, hand-thrown spears, slingshots, explosive devices, or any other implements designed to discharge missiles.
>>
>>30060133
What about this section?

>As of February 22, 2010, a federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal, state, and local laws, to legally possess firearms in this park.

Under both federal and state law I'd be allowed to carry, no?
>>
>>30060140
carry yes shoot no
>>
>>30060153
>you can have a car but you're not allowed to drive it
>you can own a house but you can't live in it
Commiefornia logic as usual
I guess it's better to be a felon than dead if worse becomes worst.
>>
>>30060140

Don't be a fucking idiot
>>
>using buckshot on bear
>>
>>30060100
Open carry os illegal in CA with the exception of BLM land and National Parks...in fact I think they encourage hikers to have at least a revolver.

I'd say get a .44 Ruger super red hawk or Black hawk even.
>>
>>30060100
>I thought CA was exclusively no funs allowed

that's what you get for listening to retards on /k/
>>
>>30060055
Related to backpacking, I have an old double that was already cut down to like 24" and has about a modified choke from the cut off, should I just cut it down further into a 18'' shorty or stop being a jew and get a case instead of taking up room in my pack?
>>
>>30060055

Innawoods is always a reason to carry a long gun or shotgun. Especially state parks like that. Carry it. For fucks sake OP, you're going to need it. You don't know what's out there. There are so many reports of missing people in those areas.

>werewolves
>unidentified beings
>>
>>30061272
It's not as if you'd be engaging people in gunfights at long range anyway because at worst you will be putting down grizz or hobo rapist at >50 yards. However you won't be able to use it for much once you get home.

>>30063008
this. I mean, sure a lot of people probably just get hopelessly lost and then die and get their corpses picked clean but there's been spooky shit happening to through hikers since forever.
>>
>>30064449
Also remember three shots spaced apart is a distress signal.
>>
>>30060055
Actually bear spray is incredibly effective. It will make anything on the green earth with an olfactory system lose its shit
>>
File: YosemiteREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
YosemiteREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>30060055
Speaking of Yosemite....
>>
>>30063008
Hello Skinwalker. Meet my good friend triple-ought buck :D
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>30063008
this.
plus yosemite is a major hotspot for missing persons. i wouldnt go without atleast my 45 and a friend
>>
>>30063008
Would I be better off carrying a scoped rifle or a shotgun?

I'll definitely keep my .357 magnum revolver on my person as well.
>>
>>30067996
I'd recommend just getting a cheapo red dot for faster acquisition and relatively light weight. Or simply high contrast tritium sights or fiberoptic.
>>
File: The-Flatwoods-Monster.jpg (44 KB, 294x473) Image search: [Google]
The-Flatwoods-Monster.jpg
44 KB, 294x473
>>30067996
the standard issue for National Park Service personnel in alaskan grizzly country is a 12 gauge with slugs.
>>
>>30067973
What am I looking at?
>>
>>30070430
Autism.
>>
>>30070430
probably a tree but originally i googled "batsquatch photo" and that came up. the red box and arrow are still crackin me up hours later
>>
>>30060055
>bears will be deterred a lot more by 5 shells of buckshot than pepper spray.
If you are going to have a shotgun for bear defense, you better be using slugs, you stupid fucking nigger.
>>
>>30060055

Take the shotgun by default. Seriously this should already be something you take with you already.

Get some bear spray for the bears, and keep it on you.
>>
File: ddupleks_slugs_7700.jpg (77 KB, 640x369) Image search: [Google]
ddupleks_slugs_7700.jpg
77 KB, 640x369
>>30060055

slugs are for bears, buckshot might get you killed.
>>
>>30060168
You can't shoot in most national parks, not just California.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.