[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After 15 years, the Afghan army is no match for the Taliban
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12
>U.S. taxpayers are spending more than $4 billion annually to support the Afghan military, and the results are mixed at best, according to a watchdog report.

www.militarytimes.com/videos/military/2016/05/20/84335902/
>>
rebuilding the un-rebuildable
>>
It's the same as how it always goes with the US
They murder so many civilians that the puppet government they are supporting/installing falls as soon as they leave

It's just liberals being incompetent shits really, like everything they do
>>
>>30054944
What do you expect? We're not allowed to correct all the fucked up aspects of their culture, no matter how wrong they may be. It doesn't matter how many hospitals or highways you build when the police chief and the village hermit skip down the middle of the road humping 10 year olds.
Just a prime example of how much of a fucking plague Islam is.
>>
>>30054944
I think the solution is obvious.

We need to fly millions of Kurds over there and give them their own sub state.

They'll fuck over the Taliban right quick and make it pro western.
>>
>>30056307

This is a strictly Afghanistan thing that goes back centuries. However bad Islam is, Afghanistan is worse.

>>30056359

If only it was that simple.
>>
>>30056359
Some good ol' cleansing is whats needed, find the pedo's and execute them.
>>
>>30056398
Mind filling me in on why Afghanistan is worse? Not familiar with their history and would appreciate it.
>>
File: 1446038723377.jpg (933 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1446038723377.jpg
933 KB, 2048x1536
>>30054944
>ANA unable to defeat the Taliban
What the fuck? Why?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aFkSIm1BlQ
>>
File: oompa-loompa-34.jpg (48 KB, 430x372) Image search: [Google]
oompa-loompa-34.jpg
48 KB, 430x372
>>30059003

holy shit!!!! why is it an army of manlets and dwarfs??!?!?!
>>
>>30054944
Two years from now there will be soldiers walking off a ramp onto Afghan soil that were not even born before September 11th attacks.

Think about that. How fucking mismanaged is the army that a bunch of farmers couldn't be brought under control in 18 years.
>>
>>30059017

inbreeding...simple as that.
>>
File: GreatestPresidentMyAsshole.jpg (51 KB, 600x293) Image search: [Google]
GreatestPresidentMyAsshole.jpg
51 KB, 600x293
>>30058977
> history
> afghanistan
tl;dr
You don't need a time machine to see a living example of afghan history. Islam is just one enabling factor for the self-destructive and self-limiting behaviour seen within that landscape.
>>
We should have just found Osama and nuked him, after 911.

Yet the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, were basically prosecuted for the profit of MilIndustry Complex. Which just happened to be owned by a bunch of people in the Bush jr administration.
>>
>>30059061
>that image

Taliban didn't exist until after the collapse of the communist government. Which it self didn't fall until 6 months after the Soviet Union melted down.
>>
Why does the ANA suck but all the dirt farmers in that shithole have succeeded against foreign intervention for hundreds of years? Does dirt farming and goat husbandry breed operators?
If that's the case, my family owns a property in the desert on the border with nothing but goats and scrub brush and I want to be able to operate like a dirt farmer.
>>
>>30059003
First thought
>Look at deh widdle guy. Is someone pwaying ahmy?
>>
File: gk__reyes_7977.jpg (35 KB, 350x212) Image search: [Google]
gk__reyes_7977.jpg
35 KB, 350x212
Why doesn't a warlord just use his opium money to raise an army of Bacha bazi and have them trained by PMC advisors. Just imagine an army of Rudy's.
>>
>>30059125
Civilized nations eventually run the numbers on occupying places like Afghanistan and realize it's not worth it. Being a Jawa is cheap. Hiring security to keep the Jawas away from the mines, refineries, pipelines, etc is expensive, on top of building the mine and the roads to it, and tends to get more expensive than what you get from the mines and other sources. So eventually civilization fucks off and lets Jawas be Jawas
>>
>>30059228
Jawa gonna Jawa I guess.
>>
Why am I manually hearing Serbian polka?
>>
>>30058977
Afghanastan/tajik has been a forefront of pederasty since the British entered in the late 1700s and started writing about it. Read about it here :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

Essentially this has been at least documented back to the 1840's with the British annexation of Sindh (southern Pakistan, lower Afghanistan) where the entire reason the British invaded the area due to a report commissioned by Charles Napier documented most of the adult population fucked little boys (and each other). It's literally a cultural thing. Later on in the documentary that OP posts a picture of, the Afghani commander talking says

>all of the men have been fucked in the ass when they were boys and now they want what's theirs.

It's been going on for a long time.

>>30059061
I agree but historically this means that anyone who invades Afghanistan doesn't stay for very long.

>>30056359
And piss off Turkey, Afghanistan, Iran, basically all the Stans in the area whom half of we are trying to get to NATO.
>>
Stop funding everything.

Just pull out and let it all burn.

Throwing money and personnel at the problem has done nothing.
>>
Afghanistan is more accurately perceived as a geographic region than a country. The middle of the region is a mountainous knot that extends east into the Himalayas. There are no navigable rivers and little arable land. The remaining U-shaped ring of flat land is not only arid but also split among multiple ethnic groups into eight population zones that, while somewhat discrete, have no firm geographic barriers separating them. This combination of factors predisposes the area to poverty and conflict, and that has been the region's condition for nearly all of recorded history. Afghanistan cannot be beaten into shape.
>>
>>30059348
Yeah we'll just let the Taliban retake everything and create a safe haven for ISIS.
>>
>>30059394
Burn it.
>>
>>30059457
Let the taliban and isis fight each other.
>>
>>30059394
Split it between the Pakistani and Persians.
>>
>>30054944
Why dont they just fuck some women of their own age?
>>
>>30059457
Once their big enough we can just bomb em.

Can't nuke an insurgency, but we can sure as hell nuke an enemy state.
>>
>>30059290
>all of the men have been fucked in the ass when they were boys and now they want what's theirs.
The circle of life.
>>
Lets just leave them and not worry about it, and just hope they fuck with Europe and not the United States

But what do I care, I'm in Alaska. No one wants to fuck with Alaska
>>
I'm assuming that the Taliban utilises the same punishments that IS uses, if so how is fucking boys different than homosexuality? Shouldn't these fuckers be hunted down by the religious police or something?
>>
>>30056359
Would the Kurds even want that shithole?
>>
>>30059394
Switzerland did it
>>
>>30059516
Just watch out for China.
>>
>>30059562
Nope. I say we import every Kurd in the world into Deerborn, Michigan.
>>
>>30059574

>implying a bunch of Ching chongs could invade Alaska
>>
>>30055481
The U.S. isn't the same.
Culture of corruption, non corrupt competent people get killed. Role models are corrupt. Building up their Army is right back to the old cultural model before the invasion. They need a cultural shift for civilian life to give their Army an actual purpose other than what it's been for so long.
>>
>>30055010
Thats the department of police in mosul you stupid liar
>>
>>30059582
The Kurds are no better than the roaches.

t. Guy who rented rooms to a bunch of Kurd students.
>>
>>30056307
Taliban made it illegal to fuck young boys. Islam is not at fault here.
>>
>>30059083
>Yet the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, were basically prosecuted for the profit of MilIndustry Complex. Which just happened to be owned by a bunch of people in the Bush jr administration.

Fuck off back to >>>/x/ The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were terrible for the defense industry as all their research projects had to be cancelled (like the land warrior program) in order to produce menial goods. Plus, the nature of the war brought about weapon systems like drones which cut into these companies main bottom line manned aircraft. Not to mention the unique needs of the war force the military to buy specialized equipment like MRAPs from companies that aren't American and which they would had never previously bought anything before. Now you have an american defense industry which has loss its technical edge against the europeans, and can only resell the same cold war crap originally designed in the late 70s.
>>
>>30059003
Holy shit does that M16A2 have a Chinese M16 pistol grip?
>>
>>30059090
>Taliban didn't exist until after the collapse of the communist government.
Most of those dudes went on to found the talibunnies anyway, which make his quote ironic as fuck.
>>30059457
AFAIK they hate ISIS too.
>>
>>30058977
Essentially Afghanistan and really all of central Asia is totally useless backwater, it's only historical importance was that it lay on the path between china/India and the middle East/Europe. The age of exploration made that irrelevant so the world has almost totally left that area behind unless there's oil.
>>
>>30060139
Really the whole region just depresses me.

The crowning irony of ISIS' existence is that if they really did recreate the medieval era then they'd have to make a society far more free and advanced than their own, with cultural and scientific achievements still worth remembering to this day.

I hold up ISIS as the worst type of people because they're a complete black hole. They create nothing, discover nothing, learn nothing, contribute nothing. Even evil nations in the past were trying to move towards some twisted future. ISIS just wants to burn everything to ashes and rule over the ruins as tribal warlords.

Complete dead end.
>>
>>30059941
>students
Speaking as a student, that's hardly a judge-able demographic.
>>
>>30060075

Looks like a standard A2 grip to me.
>>
>>30060162
>I hold up ISIS as the worst type of people because they're a complete black hole. They create nothing, discover nothing, learn nothing, contribute nothing
This commie ignorance or reality. ISIS brings the thing that is lacking in your liberal feminist infested jew ruled countries. Freedom for men.

>ISIS just wants to burn everything to ashes and rule over the ruins as tribal warlords.
Fun fact: this lifestyle is more appealing than eternal hamster wheel run between debt and more debt been constantly bombarded by jew propaganda about your inferiority. "Civilised " West could offer nothing ideologically and socially people in these countries who matter (MAM). Revolution in the Middle East is the consequence of this. BTW very similar to the commie uprising in the beginning of the 20th century. Parallels are astounding.
>>
>>30060247
>Freedom for men.

Those cocksuckers don't let you drink or smoke.
>>
>>30060252
It is not like drinking is in the Islamic culture and ISIS is deep in the meth.
>>
>>30060247
Posts like this is why we can't ever discuss anything here. Thanks for reminding me why I didn't miss this place, I was starting to wonder.
>>
>>30060247
>parallels to commie uprising

Well that's good, that just means it will implode like the last time.
>>
>>30059483
Fucking women? Ewww that's gay anon.
>>
>>30054944
Sandniggers can't operate, why is this a surprise?
>>
Britain should have kept that shithole.
>>
>>30060063
You are gargling diarrhea.
>>
>>30060425
>takes the b8
>why are there edgy attention whores ruining everything?
Kek go to leddit where you can down vote things instead of just ignoring them.
>>
>>30054944
Afghanistan is a secterian hellhole.
The afghan national army and police are comprised of people who just dont give a shit.
>>
File: you_know_who.jpg (28 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
you_know_who.jpg
28 KB, 650x433
>>30054944
WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT!
>>
>>30058977
The fighting has gone on for centuries

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

About the pederasty, sex between a man and woman is strictly prohibited before marriage. To get married, you have to be rich enough to support your wife and family. So, faced with the difficulty of having the wealth to get married, they turn to homosexuality. They prefer men that are the least manly, which ends up being boys before they grow their first beard. The older man fucks the boy (called a chai boy or tea boy) until he gets too old. Eventually, if the man becomes rich enough to get married, he will finally have hetero sex. He's dominant over the men who he fucked as boys, and will choose them as candidates to marry his daughters if he has any. The former boy victims are subject to the same cycle, and in turn fuck boys until they are rich enough for marriage.

Some of you might hate to hear this, but the reason this exists is patriarchy. Quite literally, a male dominated society. If men and women were equal there, this wouldn't happen.

If they got over their hangups about hetero sex before marriage, and their hangups about women being nothing besides property, and the society wasn't strictly a male dominated power structure, they could get over this problem.

Except they won't. This is intrinsic to their culture. If you take away all of those things, they wouldn't be Afghans anymore.

In the West, we get some things right and some things wrong, and we think that other people have the same values that we do. They don't. They are motivated by different things. Those things are fucked up to us.

There's a saying that birds fly with one wing over Afghanistan, the other wing covers their asshole.
>>
>>30060087
I guarantee you that most of those guys went on to form the Northern Alliance, not the Taliban. Most of the Taliban's founders were guys that we had little to no contact with.
>>
>>30059562
Would Afghanistan really be a shithole if there were no Afghans living there? The land itself is beautiful. It's the people that make it shit.
>>
File: 1464151136230.jpg (42 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1464151136230.jpg
42 KB, 400x370
>>30059457
>let the Taliban retake everything

this is going to happen regardless of what we do

>and create a safe haven for ISIS.

christ you are fucking ignorant. ISIS and the taliban are enemies.
>>
>>30062219
I dont get this part. Sex between men and women being prohibited is a social measure to make sure that babies dont get abandoned, since you need money to marry in the first place. Part of the reason for that is because contraceptives back then werent very reliable.

Thats not a uniquely afghan thing, most cultures had a stigma against pre-marital sex for the same reason. That gradually got lifted because we have reliable contraceptives now.

Are condoms just hard to get there or what? What do Afghan women think about their brothers and cousins having sex with other men before marriage? How do boys get taught that they might get fucked by older men because they can't get women?
>>
>>30059003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja8V8Mf4xLs
>>
>>30062277
What I don't get is why bother with under age boys when they got so much of that sweet sweet goat poon just standing around.
>>
>>30062277
>fucking before marriage is a sin
>homosexuality is a sin
>so lets just fuck boys instead

they are doing 2 sins at the same time.
>>
>>30059090
It's the mujahideen.
>>
>>30062219
This not sure I could have said it better myself. On the larger scale this system also perpetuates and reinforces the incredibly divided political situation that has always been the case in Afghanistan
>>30062277
Checked. Yes condoms are that hard to get in a country where there aren't good roads condoms are pretty low on the list of things to be brought in especially since there is no demand for them at all. What the women think is irrelevant in that society they would never be asked let alone listened to. They aren't formally taught it, that is how everyone lives and is accepted. It is all they know it's how things have always been done. Plus it is one of the very few methods of social advancement available to an Afghan who wants to live at any level above debt farming
>>
>>30062320
They fuck donkeys as a rite of passage in northern Columbia. Every adult male from Bogota, Colombia has fucked a donkey.

>oh but anon that's gross

Note: they don't fuck little kids and sell them into sex slavery. They fuck donkeys on the side of the road, then say "bye donkey" and play soccer or do whatever else.
>>
>>30062267
>ISIS and the taliban are enemies.
I don't think you understand how easily this could change. It's not like US foreign policy where we hold retarded grudges for decades for no apparent reason. Allegiances shift like fucking crazy over there.
>>
>>30062277
>premarital sex outlawed because babies get abandoned!
This is the sort of bullshit logic that you form in an echochamber. Afghans are tribal. Tribal babies don't get abandoned. It's one of the few benefits of tribal society -- the liquidity of familial relationships -- "If you die, I got your back, bro!". The tribal society is really what makes the polygamy more acceptable -- the men are always fucking killing each other off. You got 3 men left to take care of 10 women and their children after this year's raiding party? Not all 3 are going to be up to the task, so the richest one gets the girls and the other two MAYBE get a girl each, but not always (it's better, economically, to have 10% share of a millionaire's fortune than 50% share of a man worth $200,000)

Their odd value system that condones underaged rape isn't caused by some society evolution out of necessity, like you imagine during your circlejerk sessions. What they suffer from is odd proclamations of their religious Clerics that says "you can't masturbate, but you can screw the bottoms of little boys!" -- not exactly some forgotten prehistoric mystery left for an anthropology major to solve.
>>
>>30062497
coincidentally, vice has a documentary on that, which ive watched. its more tame than you think, donkey fucking included
>>
>>30062245
Much of Afghanistan and most of the middle East for that matter, used to be a lush paradise covered in forests and varied flora and fauna.

They chopped down all the trees thousands of years ago and ruined the environment. Much like the Easter island story. What was once the cradle of civilization has become a post ecological collapse tribal society.

Afghanistan as the crossroads of so many different cultures could have been one of the greatest civilizations in the world. But instead they are goatfucking sandniggers and will probably remain so for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>30054944
>implying this is a problem
>implying perpetual war isn't the end game
>>
>>30062497
That's still gross.

Not as bad as chai boy fucking but still gross.

They are both disgusting shades of shit, just different shades.
>mudslime countries
>not even once.
>>
File: paki boys have it hard.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
paki boys have it hard.webm
3 MB, 568x320
>>30056398
>This is a strictly Afghanistan thing that goes back centuries
Are you sure? The paki does the same thing
>>
>>30062219
This is why genocide still exists.

Someone clone Hitler.
>>
>>30059941
>renting to ANY students.
>Renting
>College students

Do you even real estate?

That's what you get for shitty screening and not only renting to qt kurd grills who fought in wars and shit.
>>
>>30056398
nah, Iraqi generals have their tea boys too
>>
>>30062826
>he's mostly right
>until
he fucks boys.
>>
Im in a gang too
>>
>>30062497
In america most american neutralized women have sucked a dick that's been in another mans asshole
>>
>>30062826

>And everyone had sex with him
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>30066051
>>
>>30054944
>That pic
Can't argue with that kind of logic
>>
>>30066079
He BTFO'd non-pedos. Bet they felt dumb as fuck.
>>
>>30056307
I think Islam is a cancer but you really can't pin Afghan boy-rape on it.
>>
>>30059226
The whole point of opium money and private militias is so you can get the bacha bazi. It's like asking why Hugh Hefner didn't put his bitches to work driving taxis or something, that defeats the whole point of them.
>>
>no match
It's hard to have a match when half your team takes off their jersey when their rivals show up.
>>
>>30059521
The Taliban banned fucking boys. Punishments include death etc.

The US doesn't ban fucking boys because that would involve a white person telling a brown person what to do, which is racism, the worst crime in the history of the world.
>>
>>30059083

Dick Cheney is secretly controlling the world.

Liberals, I really think they were dropped on their heads when they were young.
>>
File: US.png (7 KB, 320x168) Image search: [Google]
US.png
7 KB, 320x168
>>30059003
This is exactly everything that's wrong with US approach to military training abroad.

I mean, these people clearly do not even have decent diets. And surely they didn't benefit from sufficient bone development when they were young.

Moreover, recruitment is clearly lousy. I've seen videos of these Afghans just sitting and smoking weed all the time, and Britbong officers being pissed off by the fact they have no sense of duty.

But guess what... nation building it is. I mean, you cannot just poop a shit ton of gear on top of malnourished people, start training them like navy seals, and then kiss them goodbye expecting them to be top tier.

Either this requires times or it does require re-thinking the whole idea of training, strategy, and military doctrine.

Let's face it: Talibans' doctrine is perfectly appropriate for the local environment, fighting field, nutrition, and political and strategic nature of the conflict. They were born guerilla and will remain guerilla unless there is a major upheaval of events (e.g. they take a whole city).

So what is this attempt to transform Afghan army into US miniature army just in order to fight the above-described enemy?

Afghans are not fucking muhreens. They don't even have a concept of nation-state as Americans (or Europeans) do. This calls for a complete review of:
>general doctrine
>equipment
>tactical manuals

Afghans need fucking AK47s because they're a 3rd world army and cannot concern themselves with things such as complex logistic, vehicles, and US-tier army drills.

They also need fucking based Afghan leadership and sufficient (but not radical) ideology to fight for.

All I've seen so far in Afghanistan is just an attempt to selling American wheat to people with celiac disease, if you allow me the metaphor.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.