[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would someone go about getting a 20mm rifle? I'm not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1463331995397.png (95 KB, 990x556) Image search: [Google]
1463331995397.png
95 KB, 990x556
How would someone go about getting a 20mm rifle?
I'm not actually sure about specifics of different 20mm cartridges or guns, so I don't know which would be most common or expensive, etc. I don't know how to go about finding or acquiring one either, of course. Would it be purchasing a 20mm upper for a specially made lower after the whole tax stamp process? How much would the whole thing cost, approximately?

As I sort of implied, I really have no clue about things outside of traditional guns and cartridges, so I'm expecting to hear at least one person say something about summer in this thread.
>>
Shit we are going Space Marines now.
>>
>>30052298
10mm is for FBI bitches and glasswristed pussies. Only real men use 20mm. Muh wound vectors. Muh stoppan powuh.
>>
>>30052298
I am desiring to know more as well.
>>
>>30052315
>>30052320
These are the equivalents of the summer comments, huh?
I'm just curious, since I've never been able to study much about uncommon calibers like this.
I'd never have enough money to even dream of purchasing one myself, I'm sure.
>>
Rifles over 50 caliber, about 12.7mm, need a sporting exemption in order to not be considered a destructive device.

I'm not sure about which 20mm rifles have the exemption, if any of them, but what I do know is that a rifle chambered in .950 JDJ, that's 24.1mm, has it, and can simply be bought like any regular rifle, as far as the feds care.
>>
>>30052298
You purchase it much like a suppressor and have to pay a $200 tax stamp. The rifle is a destructive device. Anzio is probably the cheapest.

Ammo is another matter and I have only seen it while in the Army and as reloads.

/k/ is sort of a terrible place to ask questions like this.
>>
>>30052298
Are you the fag wanting an extra long barrel? If so, I had some no-bullshit no-bully advice in the other thread.
>>
>>30052378
>>30052387
Ah, thanks for the serious answers.
Destructive devices and AOW laws are interesting.
I really should find another forum to pose questions like this on, since at the end of the day, /k/ is still 4chan.

>>30052415
Nope, not me, but I know the guy you were talking about.
I actually read his thread and began to wonder what it would take to get a 20mm rifle after he said he didn't want one, implying they can be as easy to get as any other destructive device, SBR or whatever else.
>>
>>30052387
>Anzio is probably the cheapest.
Nah. Lahti.
>Ammo is another matter and I have only seen it while in the Army and as reloads.
Can be bought for about $40/r.
>>
>>30052465
Last Lahti I bid on sold for $12,750.

An Anzio 20mm Take-Down is $6800 before stamp.
>>
>>30052378
I see bullets this big and it makes me wonder.

If it's that big, is it even going to deform if it hits flesh? What if it's one of those phillips head screwdriver lookin mother fuckers made of brass? What then?

I'm not saying it keeps me up at night, but I am saying it has made me uncomfortable to wonder about it. Surely, if there are calibers out there large enough for the bullet to be recovered and packed right back into a shell, the .950 is one of them. Even if it were a solid lead bullet, I am convinced all you would need to do is smash it into a die of sorts to reform it back into a usable projectile.

Halp.
>>
>>30052578
The back stops guys try to use for things like 37mm cannons or reproduction Civil War artillery are soft dirt, usually sand. They just did the projectile up and use it reloading.
>>
>>30052621
Neat.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.