[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ what is that thing mounted on the truck? a jet engine modified
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: rockets.jpg (193 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rockets.jpg
193 KB, 1024x768
/k/ what is that thing mounted on the truck?
a jet engine modified to launch rockets?
also heavy weapon pick-up trucks thread

sponsored by:
toyota motors
>>
Rocket pod that would normally be carried by a Hind.
>>
>>30050212
Russian 55mm(?) rocket pod
>>
>>30050212
Ford wants to have a word with you
>>
>>30050247
or anything really, those are pretty standardized
hips
grachs
krashas
farmers&fishbeds
bmps
you name it, it probably can carry 55mm rockets
all you need is som 8mm bolts, couple nuts, and a length of electrical wiring
>>
How do they get the balistics right?
How do they aim?
>>
>>30050673
Do you really think realworld orcs give a shit if they hit the target, MORE DAKKA
>>
>>30050212
How do you think jet engine work?
>>
Must be a speed boost for the truck.
>>
>>30050673
aim = boresight
range = elevate to some positive angle & hope for the best

those rockets aren't terribly accurate on a ballistic flight path anyway. they are designed to be shot at a -10 to -40ish down angle and at a range where the ballistic curve ("bullet drop") isn't a factor anyway, and meant to be fired in salvos of 4-32 so the spread makes up for the lack of accuracy. so if you shoot them UPward, then the range (firing position to impact area) is determined by the amount of fuel onboard. which theoretically is the same for every rocket. theoretically.
when the fuel runs out, the projectile will continue on a purely ballistic flightpath until it hit the ground, because lol fuck timed fuses, aint nobody got the money for that in soviet russia - which as we all know is great for accuracy as well

these pods are literally "fuck that general area over there, probably", birdshot at 200 yards, "fly a loop and release your bombs while inverted" tier.
>>
>>30050781

Chuckled/10
>>
>>30050781
>birdshot at 200 yards,
darn
I forgot
"with a rifled barrel"
>>
>>30050781
>fly a loop and release your bombs while inverted

Used to do this in combat flight simulator then quickly aileron roll to "throw" the bomb sideways.

God bless realism.
>>
>>30050822
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toss_bombing
bruh
>>
>>30050212
>jet engine modified to fire rockets

>Ivan, I have proved Mig
>what have done, Sasha?
>I fixed engine
>engine was not broken, Sasha
>but engine was not of having weapon system, so I have modified engine to fire rockets. Now plane cannot fly, but can shoots many more of rocket
>Voakh! You are of genius!
>>
>>30050924
>direct jet exhaust through pipe
>inject small, grenade sized impact primed explosives into stream
>achieve mortar ranged super high fire rate vehicle with unusually small, light ammo and high calibration capability
>>
>>30050873
bruh!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.