[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ I’ve got a Jianshe Arsenal /26\ SKS in Calgary Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: P1010469.jpg (849 KB, 1712x2560) Image search: [Google]
P1010469.jpg
849 KB, 1712x2560
Sup /k/
I’ve got a Jianshe Arsenal /26\ SKS in Calgary

Problem
The gun wont chamber, if you look at the cartridge photo it will not fit past the bottle neck as the camber has become too small. It’s as if heat has made the chamber shrink.
At first I thought a ripped off casing head was stuck inside, no.
Then, that the bore/chamber/chrome-rifling-liner had shifted internally from the barrel, no, as that ring mark you see is thicker all the way around, not just one portion.

I’ve been trying to find not a stripping schematic, but rather a factory schematic of the barrel, to see what the portion of the chamber is directly in front of the doughnut/nut-hole that leads bullet tips in.

Background.
Gun is built in 1971.
Used brand new for the past 2 years, 4000 rounds.
We were having continuous shooting at a cinema range (ie it was getting really hot) the gun began to fail ejection a few times, then tight complete ejection jams (chamber shrinking??), and finally fail to chamber.
>>
File: P1010466.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1712) Image search: [Google]
P1010466.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1712
>>
File: P1010467.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1712) Image search: [Google]
P1010467.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1712
>>
>>30042840
Take it to a gun smith, /k/ is incompetent when it comes to this kinda stuff.
>>
>>30042840
This is going to seem profound, but:

Have you cleaned it? Ever?
>>
>>30042875
Alright.
It seems not worth it for a $100 dollar gun. Better off buying a new one.
Will probably give this one to police, or keep it as a wall mount of "my first gun"
>>
>>30042880
All the time, hot bath, soak in varsol, WD40. It's corrosive ammo.
Usually after every 2 shooting sessions
>>
How do you know that it isn't a stuck cartridge sans casehead? Because the height difference sure does look like it.
>>
>>30042880
the ammo is 1974 surplus. It's very black and covers everything very quick with thick soot.

It hasn't been cleaned since the shooting
>>
>>30042916
This. You could've had a case rupture or something similar to a head separation
>>
Looks like a stuck casing to me. Can even see the burr left from where the casehead separated.

How do you know that it isn't, OP?
>>
>>30042916
It isn't. It's been check so many times by myself and others. It was the first thought. Also the casings don't look like that on the inside, and if it was in theory, the butt end of a casing is much wider than the bottle neck of the casing, yet new ammo gets stuck at the bottleneck.
If putting new ammunition into a casing with the rim cut off, the ammo would fit far deeper into the back.

Also, tools do not at all move the thing infront of the red line, its part of the bore
>>
>>30042840
Take it to a professional gunsmith and have them check the headspacing. Take it back to the same shop you bought it from and ask them to check, for safety purposes.

If they wont do it then its a shitty gun store that doesn't care about you or the safety of its customers.
>>
>>30042936
The burr is my scratch marks from a fine screw driver, scratching the metal away at the edge to get a better view of whats going on.

Scratching the inside of my own chamber
>>
>>30042945
My steel cased ammo looks like that.
>>
>>30042945
Run a stuck casing remover in and see what comes out.
>>
>>30042840
Have you used reloaded ammo in it?
Had any split cases? Case head separations?
Are you 100% sure there's no half a casing stuck in there?
Hard to imagine how anything could raise a burr that high. Case head separation will burn a ring right about there but I don't think that can cause enough of a burr.

Better pics of chamber pls.
>>
>>30042964
Already done
>>
>>30042986
And I call bullshit on that.
Let's see the tools you tried using and a pic of the front of the barrel where it screws into the reciever while you're at it.
>>
>>30042982
I made the burr, I was scratching to see what's going on at this border line.

I'd like to say to everyone, I, and everyone at the gun club, are confident about NO stuck casing. Nothing was found on the ground too (we checked seconds after the last shot)
>>
>>30042904
>It's corrosive ammo.
>Usually after every 2 shooting sessions
Dumbass.
>>
>>30043000
I don't have the tool.
We did it at the gun club.

Listen, guys, I dont know what the issue is. I've already said it is not. Im asking about barrel constriction, perhaps a rifling shift, as there is no point going back and doing it all over again, going to more friends with the same tools.
>>
>>30043029
Heat makes metal expand, rapid cooling would make it shrink.

But you'd have to getting at some pretty crazy (1500F+) temps to get that kind of distortion.
>>
>>30043027
The gun is rust free, just gummy/soot.

2 shooting sessions is I go out today, shoot, WD40 the barrel, and shoot the day after tomorrow, then clean it
>>
>>30043029
The bore expands as it heats it is also made as one or two parts with no liners or chance of a chamber shifting.. There is no possible way your barrel changed other than rust from piss poor maintenance.
YOU HAVE A STUCK CASING IN THERE. That is what the thicker ring is.
>>
>>30043040
The gun was smoking and wood burning.
We stopped, let it cool, and kept shooting again until smoke
>>
>>30043049
No rust bud
>>
>>30043055
Assuming that it is not, in fact, actually a stuck casing and that your barrel isn't totally fucked:

Have someone re-ream the chamber.
>>
Is the raised surface even all the way around?
>>
>>30043079
" that your barrel isn't totally fucked"
Well see, that's what I think it is.
Warping, basically a fucked barrel, or rifling, being this invisible object stuck inside.
>>
>>30043160
None of your theories are possible.
It's a stuck casing. Take it to a competent gunsmith and get it pulled out.
>>
>>30042840
It would be physically impossible for a distortion like that to occur from shooting. It is as others said, a case head separation.
>>
>>30043029
>barrel constriction
>rifling shift
The fuck have you been huffing?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.