[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your most effective way of ceasing arguments with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Fuck_that.png (84 KB, 300x325) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_that.png
84 KB, 300x325
What's your most effective way of ceasing arguments with anti's /k/? May personal favourite is:

>Look, I know you hate gun violence. Everybody does, me included. But I think our real issue here is merely a difference of opinion on how to reduce it, and what common sense control really is. I'm willing to agree to disagree because who knows who'll turn out to be right. But attacking me won't solve anything, despite the fact that I own guns, I'm on your side.

>mfw I'm not at all I'm just sick of the conversation and now they're going to cut me some slack for sure.
>>
SHALL
>>
NOT
>>
>As I always like to say, if it weren't for guns we'd still be X/we'd be speaking X
>>
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>30039009
Demand sources, ask them how their statistics are tabulated, take the moral high ground early and accuse of them of being racist, sexist, homophobic or hateful of the poor and uneducated, just be a really annoying cunt in general.

Almost always works.
>>
>>30039009
just make fun of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42o1d-ho3g
>>
>>30039175
I want about five minutes of my life back. That drivel was straight up /pol/ nonsense.

Who the fuck cares so much about such trivial shit they make up a whole fake story to illustrate how to say a one liner?
>>
>>30039009
Just ask for specifics. Antis usually don't know much about guns, so the more specific they try to be the more foolish they look.
>>
File: Homicides by firearm USA.png (64 KB, 1376x699) Image search: [Google]
Homicides by firearm USA.png
64 KB, 1376x699
>>30039009
Explain how uncommon firearm homicide is and how rifle homicide is even less common, then offer to take them shooting to experience it so they can make a proper decision.

I offered to take an old high school friend shooting because he never had before and he said nobody needed guns.
He got upset at me afterwards because he had so much fun he wanted to go get his own afterwards. He's far too poor to spend money on them though.
>>
>>30039270
this

Same goes for Bernie supporters and Feminists

Once you get their actual actions out on the table you can destroy them
>>
I have the guns and you don't. How are you going to take them from me? Might makes right, from my cold dead hands.
>>
>So if a republican president is elected tomorrow and says "you know we've been beating around the bush, were just gonna round up all the black/gay/immigrant/minority people and put them in camps" would you fight back to prevent that from happening?

If they answer yes

>How the fuck would you do that without guns?

If they answer no

>You racist/homophobic/bigoted fuck. I'm gonna tell everyone you said that. I would do it because its the right thing to do and I have the means and the right to do so.

Hitting an anti with facts and logic won't work. If it did they'd be pro-gun. You have to appeal to their emotions. Also their need to be on the "right" side of history.
>>
Australia's gun laws show that banning all guns is effective at stopping gun crime.
>>
>>30039428
Apples and oranges, Australia never had a one to one ratio of guns to citizens.
>>
>>30039009
I'm just numb to it at this point. Converting an anti takes a lot of time, I've already talked everyone that's close to me around to the winning side, but I have no interest in talking politics with randoms and casual acquaintances. It's impossible to do it in the span of one conversation.
>>
I just make up some bullshit about horror stories my parents went through during Mao's China.
It's not a topic a lot of liberals really know, except it was a shitfest of a time period. And since I'm not white, they can't really use that weapon on me.
>>
>>30039528
nice. moral high ground is the only way to win since hard facts never seem to get them off your back
>>
>>30039428
>lowered "gun" crime
>no impact/minor positive correlation to increase in violent crime overall

literally every person who's looked up the numbers knows this.

1/10 b8
>>
>>30039410
"That wouldn't happen, you're paranoid. Go put some foil on that head before you have a stroke. Besides, you're retarded if you think you can fend off drones and tanks with your AR-15."
>>
>>30039428
It shows that not having so many niggers is an effective way to have very little crime in the first place. Also,

>implying gun crime in Australia has been stopped.
>>
>>30039009
>ceasing arguments
>implying that he doesn't enjoy arguing with people who hold radically different viewpoints than he does
Why would you even want to?
>>
>>30039009
is killing them an acceptable method?
>>
>>30039009
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An8LJ_fv0mo
>>
File: 1457486168238.png (425 KB, 486x495) Image search: [Google]
1457486168238.png
425 KB, 486x495
>>30039428
i just went and looked up some of your country's gun crimes for the last 10-15 years. i found more than enough to refute that claim of yours but now i just feel sick from reading about the murders that didn't necessarily involve guns. i'd take a gunshot to that kind of death any day.
>>
>>30039110
Using the constitution as an argument towards liberals is as effective as using the bible to counter atheists.
If the document in question is not taken seriously you might as well quote from an episode of the sesame street.
All it does is to make you look stupid in their eyes as they don't understand the reasoning behind or even the content of the constitution.
>>
>>30039428
but australia hasn't banned guns, it just requires some regulation and training to get a licence and so on.
Pretty reasonable legislation in my opinion and I'm a gun enthusiast.
>>
>>30039556
>"So you're denying America rounded up people of Japanese ancestry and put them into camps in the 1940s, racist? Why don't you tell me how great George W. Bush did using drones and tanks against a bunch of goat herders with AK-47s."
>>
>>30039564
you are the example why back ground checks and gun licenses are essential to prevent gun suicides, domestic violence related gun murders, road rage gun murders and insecure firearms incidents.
>>
>>30039754
Like how driver's licenses keeps the drivers on the New Jersey turnpike from being absolute fucking shit?
>>
>ceasing an argument.
Don't have one in the first place. people rarely change their mind when they've already given themselves to the muh feelz

If they FEEL that guns are a threat to society, telling them otherwise changes nothing.
>>
>>30039428
>Australia
>More legally-owned guns than ever
>Literally no measurable reduction in homicide or suicide rates
>>
>>30040378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL3SQyK7H5E&t=2m57s
>>
>>30039717
>reasonable legislation
>literally everything about aussie gun laws is arbitrary
oh no! these lever shotguns are killing our babies and roos! better
Even though it's been here for awhile, M1As are now not ok to own!
>>
>>30040935
That video should be renamed "practical tactics for fighting Piers Morgan"

My favourite way to do it in reality is stay smug, maintain a big smile, and talk to the antigun like she's a small child. Either they concede just to get out of the conversation or they freak out and look retarded. Either way you win and nobody dares to try arguing with you again.
>>
>>30039717
>Reasonable
Kill yourself.

>Safety features are banned
>Children's toys are banned
>Completely reasonable

Literally nothing about Australia's gun laws even remotely resembles reason.
You are not welcome here, and you are not a "gun enthusiast". You'll never be anything more than a garden-variety fudd.
>>
>>30039691
Except the difference is more Libs are like bible thumpers.

You cannot say the bible is true, because it says it's true and you're wrong.

Just like how Libs say that their facts are right because their feelings say they're right.
>>
>>30039009
>I'll rape you to death if you try to take my guns
>>
>>30039213
thanks. at least you saved me 5 minutes
>>
The only winning move is not to play.
>>
>>30039286
>Feminists

"I like people who don't own guns telling me about them about as much as you like people without uteruses telling you about reproductive issues."
>>
>>30043839
>male privilege is a reproductive issue
>mansplaining is a reproductive issue
>gender gap is a reproductive issue
Yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>30039009
Ask them why they think ignorance is the best answer to the problem.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.