[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aftermarket parts general thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
I want to nig up my Glock a little bit with some extended controls and maybe replace some of the plastic parts with metal ones.

Does anybody have experience with these aluminum magazine releases for Gen 4 Glocks? Do they fix the mushy feel of the mag release at all, or is it just a placebo? I'm also curious if the metal mag catch rubbing against the plastic of the magazine body tends to abrade the magazine body at all.
www.glockstore.com/Gen-4-Extended-Aluminum-Mag-Release-Gen4?color=1

Another thing I'm wondering is, how do the different "3.5 lb" connectors reduce the trigger pull weight and which one is best? Do they just reduce friction against the trigger bar, or is the trigger disconnecting safety feature of the gun compromised somehow?
>>
3.5lbs connectors drop the trigger pull weight slightly but they also add a little bit of creep.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have have that mag release on my Glock 20 and I like it but it's a 3rd gen. I also have the 3 1/2 lb diamond connector on my 3rd gen Glock 29 and am not really sure how it works. I didn't even notice it that much. What I really noticed was doing the "10 cent trigger job" YouTube vids you see that you just polish everything with Flitz. Never noticed any creep either.
>>
>>30033893
Pull the trigger slowly with both index fingers, you'll feel some creep
>>
File: image.jpg (619 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
619 KB, 1600x1200
>>30033918
I think I know my own gun.
>>
>>30033995
Why are you getting all uppity?

I didn't know how to check for creep before someone showed me the two finer method either, no reason to get defensive.

I have a g20 with a 3.5lbs too, I think I know my gun!
>>
File: brazil.jpg (74 KB, 534x500) Image search: [Google]
brazil.jpg
74 KB, 534x500
>>30034124
>I have a g20
>>
>>30034279
I don't get it...
>>
>>30034341
desu idk senpai maybe the g20 summit?
>>
File: G34.jpg (1 MB, 2690x1490) Image search: [Google]
G34.jpg
1 MB, 2690x1490
I like keeping my handguns internally stock. However, I won a SSVI Tyr trigger some time ago. I put it on my bed-side/occasional carry 34 and I absolutely LOVE it. Probably wouldn't spend $150 on it, but I'm happy with it. And I certainly feel comfortable carrying it, unlike many non OEM triggers, but that's my two cents.
>>
>>30033669
I just have a steel guide rod in mine. Otherwise bone stock.
>>
>>30033669

The different pull weights are generated by different angles of the connector shelf that interacts with the radius on the trigger bar.

You can try an aluminum mag release for whatever that costs, or you can carefully smooth and radius the surfaces of the stock mag release where it's dragging on the frame.

Work it with 800 grit wet/dry and a smooth flat surface.
>>
>>30040970
Thank you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.