[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New addition thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
picked this up today at the fun show, don't know too much about garands. any tips/things I should know
>>
>>30033090
Congrats! Manufacturer? Year?
Watch your thumb (practice loading with snap caps to get used to the whole enbloc thing) and use 150 grain ammo and nothing higher if it doesn't have one of those self-regulating or adjustable gas plugs.
Look up how to properly lube AND grease the rifle.
Treat it well and it willtreat you well, etc.
>>
File: 0521161525-1.jpg (1 MB, 4226x1183) Image search: [Google]
0521161525-1.jpg
1 MB, 4226x1183
The 1897.
Tried to shoot it yesterday but the mag tube is releasing when I try to work the action and it throws the extractor and the bolt all out of wack and I don't know what the deal is.
>>
File: us_1907_sling10.jpg (18 KB, 348x228) Image search: [Google]
us_1907_sling10.jpg
18 KB, 348x228
Get a good quality sling and learn how to use it as support while shooting.

A Garand Gear gas plug is a very good idea, will let you shoot any .30-06 you have.

Strip it once to clean and grease, but avoid removing the stock frequently. Stock fit is important to a Garand, and removing it frequently will loosen it.

My Garand is probably my favorite rifle, keep it in good shape and you'll have a fantastic heirloom for your son someday.
>>
>>30033090
I'm waiting for mine to ship from the CMP, it's been on my radar for over a decade and I finally I pulled the trigger.

OP, if it slides grease it, if it turns oil it. Mobil 1 synthetic grease from your local auto shop is recommended by everyone. It's colored like the original mil spec grease and you put it on thin enough so that you just can't see the color.
>>
File: 1422238063135.jpg (100 KB, 552x639) Image search: [Google]
1422238063135.jpg
100 KB, 552x639
bamp
>>
>>30033090

>Another "I GOT A GARAND" thread

Fuck... I need to try and get one. A Garand was the first centerfire rifle I ever shot, and I loved it.

>Plus it never bit me.
>>
>>30033090
How much?
>>
Elaborating on something >>30033211 already said, use only M2 ball or factory loads designed specifically for M1 Garand use (PPU, Federal American Eagle, and Hornady all make loads like these) Modern loadings, even ones only using 150 grain projectiles, can be potentially damaging to your rifle's op rod and reciever.
>>
>>30033090
Sup anonymous. Yes, there are a few things you should know. I will restate what others have suggested mainly because these points cannot be stressed enough.

1) Look up the CMP guides on how to lube & grease your rifle. It is built to use grease on its sliding and high wear areas.

2) Use M2 ball ammo @ 150gr. You can find the best bang for the buck deal at the CMP estore.. $136 for 200 loose rounds

2.5) for $50 you can get an adjustable gas plug to allow your rifle to shoot any aftermarket ammo without worrying about damage yo your op rod.

3) The M1 Garand wont give you the infamous Garand thumb so long as the bolt is locked back to the very rear of the rifle.. this is mainly an issue when you initially feed the enbloc clip to start shooting oppose to it being already locked back after ejecting the clip.

4) Dont tacticool it, faggot. Its a war machine and you must treat it as such.

5) the amount of freedom you will experience will be overwhelming.. so always eat a hearty breakfast and drink lots of fluids before shooting.

6) HAVE FUN. This fucker will outlast your childrens childrens children if you treat it right.
>>
>>30033090
Just bought my second gun the other day. Maverick 88 12 Gauge from walmart for $188 plus tax.

Bought first gun, a ruger 10/22, like a month or two ago.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.