[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just figured out these exist and i wanted to know if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
I've just figured out these exist and i wanted to know if anyone here owned one or at least shot it.

It seems like it'd make a great alternative to the LCP. only slightly bigger but it's chambered in 9x19 instead of .380
>>
>>30033069
They do make the LCP in 9mm
>>
>>30033095
When did they do this? unless my googlefu is horrendous i only see it in .380

is it under a different model name?
>>
File: 1438046919548.jpg (678 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1438046919548.jpg
678 KB, 1600x1200
>>30033124
No idea, not too big on Ruger's pistols. It's the LC9 but it is a thing

look at the Kahr PM9 if you're really in the need of a small 9mm
>>
File: LWS32.jpg (50 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
LWS32.jpg
50 KB, 300x230
>>30033145
Neat. i'm asking because after shooting a .380 Seecamp, i wanted a microgun real bad. the only issue is that nobody really sells .380 in my area and what does get sold is usually pricier than 9x19 and gets bought quickly.
>>
File: 1462645045778.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462645045778.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
>>30033228
>the only issue is that nobody really sells .380 in my area and what does get sold is usually pricier than 9x19 and gets bought quickly.

Don't look at this as a bad thing. Now you have even more of a reason to buy ammo in bulk online. When you do this, you can find virtually anything you want and it's much cheaper than buying a box or two locally everytime you go to walmart.

That being said, for a .380 if you're still interested, look into the following
>Ruger LCP Custom
>Kahr P380
>Sig P238
>S&W Bodyguard
>>
>>30033069
I've seen one person on /k/ who owns one. From reading reviews and doing research on these guns myself, they seem really cool in theory, but not the best idea in practice for a self-defensive pistol.
>they can be oddly picky with ammo
>>the bullet needs to be crimped very well
>when you do get a jam, it's very hard/near-impossible to clear with a tap-rack-bang
>>especially if you get bullet separation from an improperly crimped bullet, then the whole gun's action is going to be full of spilled powder, potentially unsafe to continue firing
>expensive and hard to find these guns, even harder to find parts if you ever were to need to make repairs

>>30033228
Buy ammo online then. What the fuck. Are you on 4chan or are you on a prehistoric cave-painting wall?
>>
>>30033265
>>30033270
>buy online
I only like buying surplus ammo online, and that's usually when i buy in bulk. prices are usually only a bit cheaper and shipping can fuck you on it too.
>>
>>30033315
>prices are usually only a bit cheaper and shipping can fuck you on it too.

Not at all. I usually buy 1,000 rounds of Speer lawman 9mm from sgammo for $215 shipped.

WWB or whatever at walmart is .26cpr. This is why you buy all your ammo all together.
>>
>>30033315
I forgot to mention that i live in Alaska, so shipping shit here is a bit more expensive.
>>
>>30033344
fuck shipping to AK and HI
sent something last week. 5 pounds
UPS: $50
USPS: $25
>>
>>30033344
oh fuck that lmao

a 9mm subcompact will be considered a microgun from how much clothing you'll have to wear
>>
>>30033344
>i live in Alaska
Yes, that's going to affect shipping rates.... Maybe you could save money by reloading?
>>
>>30033377
Not when buying powder online and paying hazmat fees
>>
>>30033069
Likes to rip bullets from casings
>>
>>30033315
I buy 308 for $1.50 less per box than buying in store which over the course of 500 rounds is $40 in savings

5.56 I pay $3 less a box at the minimum
x39 I pay 20 cents a box less but that includes shipping

You just don't buy enough or look in shit places
>>
whats the coolest looking snub nosed pistol, revolver or semi auto?
>>
>>30036185
snub semis are ugly
>>
>>30036212
small carry semis, then
>>
>>30036239
still ugly
>>
>>30036297
fuck off m8, there are a lot of cool snubbies.
>>
>>30036466
only short guns that look cool are revolvers

Everything else looks better when it's longer

Just look at the P30 vs the P30L
>>
>>30033069
Ian did a review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfFZsSDWPU

So did hickock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckyUmldwiDo

So get off k and let /k/'s waifu and grandpa learn you on it.
>>
>>30036576
>>30033069

INTERESTING FACT OF BOBERG ARMS

The owner of Boberg built a machine specifically designed to rack the slide and dry fire it to break them in
>>
File: IMG_3578.jpg (199 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3578.jpg
199 KB, 800x600
>>30033069
It's fine, but a little heavy for its size.

I prefer my PM9.
>>
File: IMG_3582.jpg (237 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3582.jpg
237 KB, 800x600
Size comparison for the curious.
>>
>>30033069

what's the barrel length? How good's the accuracy around 10yds?
>>
>>30033265
>>Ruger LCP Custom
Guys, please stop reccomending the custom, it doesn't fit HALF the holsters that the normal LCP works in, if you hate the sights so much, just drill them a bit and put some paint in the holes.
>>
>>30036667
is that a silencer?
>>
>>30036814
Thompson Machine Poseidon.

I highly recommend it for anyone with a PM9.

My other host is a G26, but it doesn't cycle reliably on it.
>>
Fellow Alaskan here

Can confirm shipping will fuck you in the ass. Ammo is also expensive as fuck in local gun stores. Gotta go to cabelas or sportsmans for bulk ammo.

The Remington 9mm UMC range bucket might be the worst ammo I've ever purchased desu

Unfortunately I bought 350 rounds of it
>>
>>30036641
Boberg was bought by Bond Arms not long ago. The new guns won't be quite as nice as the old ones though.

I very nearly bought one a few weeks back. Just couldn't talk myself into it. I don't want to have to fucking quest for some ammo that will be reliable if I need to defend myself, especially when I can get something guarantees to work for half the price.
>>
>>30036979
most defense ammo works fine
Hornady does at least
>>
>>30036979
On the upside, they've said their new guns will be less picky about ammo. Whether that's true or just marketing talk we'll have to see.
>>
File: Colt-Mustang-Pocketlite_001.jpg (84 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Colt-Mustang-Pocketlite_001.jpg
84 KB, 600x400
How about a Colt Mustang for something a bit better looking?
>>
>>30033069
I just came back from the NRA show and apparently they got bought out by Bond Arms. Yes, the guys who make those derringers in every caliber. They're gonna make 300 that are still boberg marked, and after that its gonna be the "Bond Bullpup".
>>
File: Boberg-XR45-S-cross-section-2.jpg (65 KB, 661x496) Image search: [Google]
Boberg-XR45-S-cross-section-2.jpg
65 KB, 661x496
>>30033069

looks real neato, pretty innovative

hopefully the next model will have a feed ramp to help reduce jams. If they can work out some of the reliability issues I can envision this feed system becoming standard.
>>
>>30037822

>Yes, the guys who make those derringers in every caliber

If they charge $500 for a little derringer I can only imagine how much they'll charge for a semi-auto that's made with probably twice the number of precision parts.
>>
>>30033069
I got you OP.

1. barrel length is the least important factor in carry comfort so just get a gun with a longer barrel.
2. You know how you don't want to to drop a round in the chamber and drop the slide over it? How you're supposed to always load the round from the chamber? That's so the bullet slips up under the extractor and doesn't break it. The boberg ignores this concept and has a clip that is forced directly over the rim and pulls the bullet out of the magazine. When he was designing it this was the hardest part. They kept breaking. Eventually he was able to find an alloy/treatment that expanded it's life "enough" for the commercial market.

Anyway OP, I don't want one.
>>
I happen to have an -L, FWIW. I thought the -S was too short. Dealer had one of each. I like the extra length. It is still small, but:
>less likely to shoot the tip off your off-hand thumb when 2-hand grip
>holster fit/use is better. With no barrel extending beyond the trigger guard, my favorite appendix-carry method wasn't very secure. Too little below the belt.

>>30033270
>repeat the same thing 4x
So use it with good ammo.

>hard to find parts
Nope. Just call Bond Arms.
>>
>>30036788
But you only need one holster, just confirm it fits before you order/buy. Doesn't the Custom have a better trigger too besides the better sights?
>>
>>30038221
They said they're trying to get it sub 1k, which probably means $999.
>>
>>30036979
>The new guns won't be quite as nice as the old ones though.

What makes you expect this?

I know nothing about Bond, but this is disappointing as someone who eventually wanted a Boberg.
>>
>>30038914
>>The new guns won't be quite as nice as the old ones though.
>What makes you expect this?

he's talking out of his ass.

Bond will just take over the orginal tooling.

And they can do it cheaper because setting up the tooling was probably more expensive than the price they paid for the company.
>>
>>30038864
I think the guy either quoted or said they were trying to get them around $850
>>
>>30036297
Small penis detected, he doesn't like snubbies or bullpups because they no longer resemble penises.
>>
>>30038914
Bond is one of the few companies that I would have any faith in producing the Boberg.

Derringers are sort of like break action shotguns in the sense that anything cheap is probably shit and if you want something good you have to pay for it.

Bond makes one of the few derringers that isn't junk and has the QC to make guns that can easily barrel swap, even across different years of production and different original calibers.

Personally, I have no interest in derringers, but if I did I would buy theirs.
>>
>>30038090
>looks real neato, pretty innovative

I'll give you neato, innovative...
The feed system is over 100 years old:
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/Mars/GB%20Patent%20190525656A.pdf

Only innovation I'd consider is packaging it into a compact size.
>>
>>30042965
>innovative...
>The feed system is over 100 years old:

It is innovative as in it looks back a hunderd years and uses somthing that went into a dead end.

As opposed to all other gun manufacturers just trying to beat glock at its own game.

Or just making single stack nines.
>>
>>30045226
I hope someone comes up with a toggle action again. Maybe gas operated toggle locked like that experimental jap gun.
>>
>>30045226
IMO It's more "special snowflakey" than innovative, innovation is solving a problem in a new way:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innovation

>As opposed to all other gun manufacturers just trying to beat glock at its own game.

This does get boring though, you'd think people would've come up with something all around considerably better 30 years after the first Glock brand Glocks came out. Mind you, they've had their refinements over the years, but they're fundamentally the same thing.

>Or just making single stack nines.

But that's what this is, a special snowflake single stack 9 that you can't use some ammo with, but gives you a couple hundred FPS more with the ammo you can use, out of the same size as other compacts/subcompacts.

IMO a couple hundred FPS more isn't worth not getting range time 'cause it's more expensive to feed. I'd rather have a gun that can use the same weight bullets at a similar speed for cheapo plinking as for carry.

Practice makes perfect and shot placement is king.

>>30045357
Cost of machining would probably make it impractical; although in a niche market, I could see a few selling.
>>
>>30045407
>Cost of machining would probably make it impractical;

Wouldn't CnC mills make it easier than it was when they were originally made?
>>
They said they coming out with 2 versions (bond) the 3.2 and 4.2in. 4.2 apparently can feed anything. Not sure why the 4.2 is better at feeding but I think I'm going to get that one, its the same size as a glock 43.
>>
Slight hijack
best 9mm single stack?
pps / shield / g43 / xds ????????
Which is king?
>>
>>30047479
Not really, easy to machine parts will take less time to machine even in CNC machines than complicated parts (and time is $ when machining).

A rotating bolt will be (for the most part) easier to machine than a toggle lock, regardless of the actuation method (cylinder with features Vs a knee joint).
>>
>>30047741
lc9s
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.