[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: IT_REALLY_IS.jpg (43 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
IT_REALLY_IS.jpg
43 KB, 450x600
Hey k, long time nogunz lurker here, turning twenty one in August, I'm looking for some suggestions on my first handgun, for conceal carry. I'm pretty much set on a ten millimeter, because Missouri has lots of meth heads and
>stopping powah

Anyway, I was thinking I just wanted a glock because they're supposed to be reliable, but I'm open to suggestions. What is the best 10 millimeter for conceal carry? Oh, and I'd like to spend less than 1600 buckaroos.

Pic unrelated
>>
Glock 10 mm all the way. I want to get a 20 for cc to upgrade my 17.
>>
Have you seen the price of 10MM? Nevermind the fact that 9MM has been killing Jews and gypsies fine for a long time, but 9MM is a he'll of a lot cheaper. This equates to more practice time, and thus proficiency. Putting rounds on the target and in vital areas is more important than "I GOT A BYG DICK" one round takedown which you will probably miss in the heat of the moment anyways.
>>
Also, form factor is another good point. The best gun to carry is one you will carry every day. If you got this full sized gun you eventually get tired of having this weight strapped to your side, unless you are a ham planet. I'd rather have a .380 pocket gun ill carry every day rather than a full sized gun I won't / can't carry every day. Crime doesn't take a brake when you decide you don't feel like carrying.
>>
>>30031222
I mean I'm moderately muscular and a backpacker so I'm not terribly worried about the weight of the thing, in addition in civilian engagements firing a round is almost never necessary, and when they do fire it's almost always done within two rounds with any others being pointless magdumping anyway so it's not a big deal. You make a good point about the ammo prices, nine mil is far cheaper, but that's not really that big of an issue because I already reload.

Anyway, I asked for suggestions for a ten mil, not suggestions on a different caliber without any actual helpful information on specific guns, but hey, what can you really expect from a fucking tripfag?

>>30031190
Is it hard to cc it? What type of holster do you use? I'm thinking I want to get an armpit holster, or whatever they're called, and I pretty much wear a light jacket all the time so I think I should be fine to cc a full size.
>>
>>30031136
Just buy a 9mm. Ammo is cheaper, you can carry more of it and you it's easier to shoot. Glock 19 is a fine CCW
>>
>>30031372
you reload but you don't own any guns?

The fuck?
>>
>>30031386
Don't own any handguns, should have said that rather than nogunz in retrospect.
>>
>>30031372
>hey, I'm someone who admittedly knows absolutely nothing about the subject matter, what do you guys think of the mistake I'm about to make?
>that's fucking dumb, just do this instead
>lol what the fuck do you know faggot. Who cares about ammo capacity? I never miss! A shotgun racking is the best home defence there is! Stopping powah! I reload so fuck ammo availability!

This isn't just regular faggotry. This is advanced faggotry.
>>
>>30031136
get a glock 40 if you want to cc it.
>>
File: IMAG0305.jpg (385 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0305.jpg
385 KB, 1024x579
If you do go with a glock 10mm be advised that they (along with the .380 glocks) are picky about ammo.

If you just shoot the watered down 10mm from major manufacturers you see on the shelves, you'll probably be fine but wont be getting full 10mm power. Test any "boutique" full power 10mm for reliability before betting your life on it.

For example my glock 29 jams right the fuck up when using HSM bear loads or various commercial reloads, but not with Buffalo Bore Hard cast 200gr (which is beastly but also $$$). It feeds Privi Partisan 170 and 180 grain FMJ and JHP flawlessly (cheap and reasonably powerful). It also cycles sig sauer 180 grain hollowpoints and that's what I keep chambered in an under-the-table holster as one of my HD guns.

Now that I know what it likes and doesn't like to eat, it's my designated woods gun. I love it, but I dunno if i'd CC one in the summer time.
>>
>>30031495
What makes the glock 40 better than, say, the twenty, for cc?
>>30031529
That's good to know.

It seems like the vast majority of people think I should just get a nine millimeter, I guess it doesn't make sense to go to people asking for advice and then ignore it when I get advice I don't like. So what's the best nine mil to cc? I'd still like to keep it under 1600.
>>
>>30031597
smaller=more concealable and more comfy
>>
>>30031597
>So what's the best nine mil to cc?

Objectively?
Probably a G19 or it's M&P equivalent.

For you?
You should probably start with something that you can comfortably carry and shoot. Whether that's a thicker gun like a g19 or g26 or some thin single stack gun is totally up to how comfortable/familiar you are with each.

Basically try to get your hands on some of the popular choices and shoot them. See which you are most accurate with. If you're proficient with all of them, then decide whether you want full size double stack, single stack sub compact, or anything in between.
>>
>>30031597
Inb4 I get swarmed with 45acpfags now
>>
>>30031648
whether you get trolled hard or not is just a matter of chance.
>>
>>30031645
Alright, what about h&k's?
>>
File: IMAG0298.jpg (472 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0298.jpg
472 KB, 1024x579
>>30031731

They're good if you like carrying them. They are going to be thicker than some of their competition. They are super reliable and the USPs are very soft shooters.

P2000 and P2000sk are great guns. USP compact is of course a classic.

I carry a full size USP in the winter sometimes.
>>
>>30031761
Hmm alrighty. I guess the next stop is scumming around my local gun shops for the next couple months and finger those, see which ones my hands like most. Thanks /k/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.