[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Semi Auto Boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: images (2).jpg (11 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
11 KB, 274x184
Hi /k/. I don't mean this in a fedora way, but I'm not sure if I like semi autos. The reason I make this thread is because I'm really curious to see if anybody else feels the same way.

I can pull the trigger repeatedly on a semi auto, but it just isn't that fun. I'm starting to figure out about myself that my main draw to shooting itself, is the processes involved...that explains why I like single shots and bolt actions so much. I'm thinking I'd like BP shooting if I tried it, cos of all the work involved with that.

Who else feels this way?
>>
>>30031096
You like the mechanical action of shooting. I like shooting in general
>>
>>30031096
I do feel that way too but to a lesser extent. I love my semi-autos to bits but I prefer my bolt actions. I kinda want to get a lever action for the same reason.
>>
>>30031096
Are you just blasting away ammo? That gets old quick.
I got a shot timer and some 12x20 plates and its alot of fun doing different drills, sidearm stuff too
>>
>>30031184
No, just shooting casually. Once in a while I'll mag dump. It just isn't all that satisfying.

>>30031164
Levers are cool too. I wish I had the money and space for reloading equipment, because I'd love to get an old single shot with a unique action, like a Werndl or something like that.
>>
>>30031096
I like everything except leveractions but its probably because i got my hands mangled in one when i fell down a hill with one when i was 6 or 7 because i was running like a retard
>>
>>30031096
Maybe try moving off the bench sometime.
>>
>>30031295

I see a fuckload more semis on benches then bolt actions and levers.
>>
>>30031311
You missed the point.

OP, try 3-gun or some other type of shooting where you have to move and shoot with a semi-auto.
Semi-autos are ridiculous amounts of fun when you're not being a bench barnacle.

Plus it's much better practice anyways, but that's not the point here.
>>
>>30031341
This nigga is right OP, I thought my WASR was the most boring gun in the world, until I used it for something besides paper punching.

And that is coming from a hardcore bolt action enthusiast.
>>
>>30031341
The guy you replied to just there wasn't OP, I'm OP.

I don't shoot at a bench very often. Most of my shooting is offhand in the country rather than at a crowded range. The Twin Cities in Minnesota has basically exclusively garbage-tier ranges, almost all being indoors and 50 yards or less.
>>
idk what stage of your shooting career you're at, but i've noticed a lot of new shooters tend to feel this way.

if you're never used firearms before, working the action manually makes for a more engrossing shooting experience. plus, it usually sounds pretty cool.

as you move forward, put more rounds downrange, and possibly get into competitve shooting or hunting, you might start to prefer the utility of an automatic. at that point, it takes a sublime manual action to give you the same feeling of satisfaction.

this is just my opinion, to each their own. personally I prefer shooting .22lr automatic because i'm usually plinking cans and stuff and going through lots of ammo, so it's just easier and more fun to pop em off.

for shotgunning i use a pump for pure reliability, plus greater capacity.

i dont really target shoot with high powered rifles, so bolt action is good for accuracy/hunting
>>
>>30031361
Obviously, that's why I specifically addressed OP in the second line.

You also missed the point too, OP. I bet if you moved onto something where semi-autos were actually useful, you'd have more fun with them.

Country bumpkin plinking isn't useful practice anyways if you just go out and pop trash.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43P8PHKTny0
>>
>>30031415
As someone who has been shooting for many years, I think this is more of a personal preference thing.

I mostly do 400-800yrd silhouette shooting, so I use my bolt actions or a single shot. For closer, under 200yrd, ranges, I prefer a lever action.

So really, it is just what floats your boat.
>>
File: IMG_20160522_132559.jpg (1 MB, 2889x2945) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160522_132559.jpg
1 MB, 2889x2945
For semiautomatics doing tactical shit can help. If you have gear, load 2-5 rounds in each magazine, shuffle them, and place them in your pouches. Cycle through that load, and change your shooting stance frequently quickly and accurately.

I like shooting semiautomatics

Pump guns are fun too, but bolt guns arent as fun for lefties. Maybe I haven't handled a good lever gun, but I didn't like it as much as pump.
>>
>>30031415
>stage of your shooting career you're at,

I've been shooting since I was a really little kid, and I'm 25 now, so quite a while.
>>
>>30032107
Not him buffet I wouldn't say stage but more like what you are into now, some people like cowboy action shooting , some like three gun or IPSC, some just like running around the desert shooting at washing machines.
>>
>>30032124
Well, years of either being broke, or not having enough time to shoot much, sometimes both, I've become more of a collector than a very active shooter. A lot of my joy from the gun hobby world is just owning the guns I like...I really want to get out shooting more though.

I've always been largely into bolt action milsurp, but have been thinking about trying to get an AR, but I worry I'll be bored of it too soon, when I could have bought two milsurps.
>>
>>30031259
Running with a Red Ryder?
>>
>>30031096

I don't agree, but I entirely see where you are coming from. Sometimes it's the ritual and not the action that is most attractive
>>
>>30032409
>it's the ritual and not the action that is most attractive

I think that's where I'm at currently. The most fun gun I can really think of is a single shot .22 where you have to manually cock it even after cycling the bolt and reloading.
>>
>>30031096
How good are your groups OP?
I like trying to get better groupings while increasing my speed.
>>
>>30031096
>Hi /o/. I don't mean this in a fedora way, but I'm not sure if I like automatic transmissions. The reason I make this thread is because I'm really curious to see if anybody else feels the same way.

>I can mash the accelerator on an auto, but it just isn't that fun. I'm starting to figure out about myself that my main draw to driving itself, is the processes involved...that explains why I like classic cars and manual transmissions so much. I'm thinking I'd like horse-back riding if I tried it, cos of all the work involved with that.

>Who else is too cool for pleb-tier automatics?

Fuck off, kiddo.
>>
>>30033355
Holy shit you're retarded.
>>
File: 1440976994062.png (151 KB, 449x442) Image search: [Google]
1440976994062.png
151 KB, 449x442
>>30033355
I plugged this into google translate, not sure how good our robot overlords have managed to get at understanding "autism" but after it converted it to something resembling english, I got the vibe that you were implying there was something wrong with manual transmissions. I mean, it's not like humans are objectively better to reacting to changing road conditions, making manual transmissions both simpler and superiour to automatic transmissions, because that would be just plain embarassing.
>>
>go to range
>first box feeds fine
>second box too weak, all FTE
>my AR is now a straight pull rifle
shit was pretty annoying honestly
>>
>>30033411
>You're autistic, says the dumb anime poster.
>>
>>30034053
>Complaining about anime on an anime imageboard.

No u
>>
Out of all the guns I have shot. I still have the most fun out of my single shot 12 gauge.
>>
>>30032408
No it was a .357 lever gun loaded with .38s
>>
Bolting a bolt action is a neat thing to do indeed
>>
>>30031096
Shooting a nice BP revolver is fun as fuck, OP. Seriously, you should try it. It isn't terribly expensive. If you do, spend the little extra and go for a Uberti one.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.