[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thread got derailed last night... Pump action or SA for a HD shotgun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 739x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 739x256
Thread got derailed last night...

Pump action or SA for a HD shotgun?
>>
>>30030320
Pump.

>often cheaper
>bigger ammo cap
>dat pump sound
>>
>>30030320
Pump action or Single action shotgun?

Who the hell would want to use a single action shotgun?
>>
You already have a disadvantage with low ammo capacity with most shotguns, why on earth would you limit yourself further with a single shot? Is it because you want to be special? Are you worried the criminal might judge you to be uncool?
>>
>>30030320
AR-15 action.
>>
>>30030566
>SA
>Single Shot
Read the OP again.
>>
>>30030566
pretty sure he meant semi automatic
>>
>>30030320
Pump. More reliable, better pricing, more variety in loads. Also, better control. A pump will have harsher recoil, but you don't have to worry as much about losing your shit and magdumping. With a semi, it's much easier to keep slapping the trigger until it's empty, and no one needs to clean up the kind of mess that 5 00 buck + 1 dindu makes.
>>
>>30030595
>much easier to keep slapping the trigger until it's empty
That's kinda the point of a semi auto.
>>
>>30030590
Well fuck me then.

I read that as single action.

Pump would be cheaper by a good deal, especially if you compare a good pump gun to a good semiauto shotgun.

And i'm not sure about the benellis and FN's, but don't the slav ones have some issues with certain shot shells and cycling?
>>
Honestly OP? Smells a bit like the threads derailing a bit. But, if you have enough money, do semi. A good saiga 12 could do all wonders besides just home defence, and my Rem 1100 is beautiful in alot of ways.
>>
>>30030626
>issues with certain shot shells and cycling
Common among reasonably priced semis. There's usually a range of shell powers they function well at, and anything too hot will just beat the hell out of the gun, and anything too low won't cycle.
>>
Is the mossy 590 about the highest tube capacity you can get on a pump? The 8+1
>>
>>30030653
It's about the sensible limit. Anything is possible with extension tubes, those rotating monstrosities 3 gunners use etc but 8 is good.
>>
>>30030652
>>30030626
Usually the manual that comes with the gun will tell you to use more powerful loads to cycle reliably like stoeger does

>the minimum load your Stoeger Industries semi-auto shotgun will cycle reliably is an 11/8 ounce and 3 drams of powder.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/faq
>>
>>30030320
If you are less confident about your ability to avoid short-stroking and more confident that you will only shoot at the right things, then a semi-auto with good ammo will be objectively better. The machine will fail a lot less often than the meatbag's hands.
>>
>>30030653
I think outside of extendo tubes, and magazine fed shotguns, doesnt the DP-12 hold 12 shells?

That said, If you really need the firepower in a long gun, you should just save a little more money and get a mag fed rifle.
>>
>>30030675
>rotating monstrosities 3 gunners use

Holy shit, I just looked this up. That's fucking ridiculous.

I really don't like how divorced 3gun has become from actual tactical shooting. I guess it's kind of the nature of competitive sports, but it still really turns me off.
>>
>>30030569
second
>>
an ar?
>>
File: img-Maverick_88_Shotgun_Stock.gif (135 KB, 825x619) Image search: [Google]
img-Maverick_88_Shotgun_Stock.gif
135 KB, 825x619
Is a maverick 88 reliable?
Poorfag here and I need to buy a shotgun for HD. Should I just spend the extra $$and get the 500?
>>
>>30031608
As with all competitive shooting, eventually someone will start a factory-only division and it will all equal out.
>>
File: Vepr12sbs.jpg (820 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vepr12sbs.jpg
820 KB, 1920x1080
Apparently everybody forgets the Vepr 12 exists and only costs $700.
Though the Vepr 12, as shown, would cost about $1,400 after tax stamp
>>
>>30031792
Would it be do-able to make one from an unfinished akm receiver or is the pattern not at all similar?
>>
>>30031696

>Is a maverick 88 reliable?

Yes

>Should I just spend the extra $$and get the 500?

Yes, the tang-mounted safety is worth it alone. Also more options if you want to customize, switch furniture, etc.
>>
>>30030460
>sound meme
Kill yourself

>>30030528
Semi-auto, you retard
>>
File: dontdeadopeninside.jpg (36 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
dontdeadopeninside.jpg
36 KB, 300x360
>>30030320
>mfw shotguns can only be 2+1

At least most home intruders will probably only have a knife i guess
>>
>>30032838
>Kill yourself
You honestly trying to tells us that the pump-action sound isn't one of the most pleasurable sounds in the world? I get a chubby everytime I think about it.
>>
>>30032780
I doubt it'd be possible due to the trunnion, and it'd be cheaper just to buy the Vepr.
>>
>>30031696

It's just a 500 made with the cheapest parts possible. Look for a used 500 if you're concerned. They're not exactly uncommon.
>>
>>30032842
Sounds like Bongistan would be the perfect market for those triple-barrel shotguns sold by Chiapa.
>>
>>30030320
SA
>>
>>30030320
Depends on which guns you're looking at and if your'e ONLY going to use it as a HD shotgun, your if you want to use it for other things down the line.

While pumps may be cheaper, i'd wholeheartedly recommend semi shotgun over a pump for HD. Although i keep and prefer pumps.

if you plan on ever using it for birds like ducks or pigeons, you'd need to test a variety of shot to see if it'll cycle properly.

I used to own an 1187, but it would not cycle any of the cheap birdshot with any regularity, so i sold it in favor of a pump. Which for obvious reasons, have no issue cycling any types of shells.
>>
>>30032854
Right? I thought I was the only one.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.