[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redditor claims to do consistently moa's around 0.363 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: haSNtbhr.jpg (149 KB, 1360x731) Image search: [Google]
haSNtbhr.jpg
149 KB, 1360x731
Redditor claims to do consistently moa's around 0.363 5 group shots with a m1a using American eagle at 100 yards.
>>
https://imgur.com/gallery/awGgF

This guy is a god.
>>
>lolno

/thread
>>
okay
>>
One group proves nothing.
>>
>>30028963
I would ban that idiot, but his terrible posts amuse the fuck out of me.

Literally no one believes that much bullshit.
>>
>>30029102
Pest?
>>
>>30028963
>plebbitor
There's your problem. Probably lying through his teeth for some precious fake internet points.
>>
File: l6JjHps.png (26 KB, 1187x846) Image search: [Google]
l6JjHps.png
26 KB, 1187x846
>>30028963
>>
>>30028963
Why is this target supposed to be unrealistic?
Give me a good enough scope and I'll do that with .22lr.
>>
>>30029091
Basically this.
>>30029446
Probably not.
>>
I would need to see a continuous unedited video with reliable witnesses.
>>
>>30029947
>every gun is sub moa even with shit ammo

No anon. Getting an m1a to consistently shoot like that with tuned hand loads in a vice is going to be a very difficult task.

It's possible his rifle really likes american eagle but the usual variation in velocity with that cheap shit it going to make groups like that very unlikely.

My guess is he's a paid shill trying to drum up social networking buzz. Could be very profitable to have a "super accurate cheap ammo" meme.
>>
>100 yards
>scoped
>unbedded
>>
All of his username's posts are about shooting that rifle over the last year. There's another post where he posted a .4" ATC group at 500 yards, and another post where he shows his 500yard setup.

I'm going to guess that ridiculously small group is unlikely to happen again, but I imagine the guy is still a good shot. I mean, he could be facing, but that's a lot of work just to impress people you'll never see in real life.
>>
Maybe they accidentally put some gold medal match in that box... The American eagle stuff has generally been shit for me.
>>
>>30029446
No. The babyfaced crotchey cunt is more likely.
>>
File: 1421467903050.jpg (191 KB, 703x463) Image search: [Google]
1421467903050.jpg
191 KB, 703x463
>>30028963
W H O C A R E S
>>
File: m14.jpg (191 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
m14.jpg
191 KB, 960x960
>>30028963
I consider my self a decent shot and own an M1A with a nation match barrel and sights. That bottom group would be about right with PMC but my experiences with American eagle I get about 1.5 moa at 100 yards iron sights. If he's using a scope he may be able to hit 1 moa but not sub .5 moa. Also in my experience I get bad fliers with American eagle for some reason but not PMC or hand loads.
>>
>>30028963
Maybe he did it but he fired a three hundred rounds before it happened once and he'll fire a thousand more before it happens again.
>>
>>30031333

Probability is like dating a hot German girl. Occasionally she's loving, but mostly it's just getting fucked painfully.
>>
>>30030600
I'm begining to feel that PMC is a better maker than Federal's non match stuff.
>>
My M1A shoots the 168 grain OTM "designed for the M1A" stuff into consistent sub-MOA groups. I think the group in the OP was a choice group, though. My rifle won't do .3 MOA consistently.
>>
>>30029091
this.
>>
Or.... like 90% of redditors he shot it from 5-5-7 ft away and lied about it. Holes look way to neat that it looks like he literally shot it l extremely close to the paper.
>>
>>30032121
Do you calibrate said load or just shoot out the box? I've got a NM, and get just about 1 moa with out to about 500 then they start opening up, but that could be shooter error.
>>
>>30032592
Right out of the red American Eagle box. They must have fucked up because the best groups that rifle has shot were done with that ammo. Even the stuff that's not specifically for the M1A is usually around a minute/1.5 for me.
>>
>>30029091
This.

Consistency is everything.
>>
>>30033516
Hmm, I've done weight checks on 2 different lots of AE otm and get weight shifts from 168.4 - 169.1 out of the first box and something similar from the other one( don't have my note book in-front of me for that date)
Got a lot number for said box? Not saying it isn't good plinking ammo.
>>
>>30033663
V34M176
I bought a ton of it 3-4 years ago and I've just been shooting through it slowly. By the numbers, it's inconsistent ammo, but always shoots pretty good for what it is.
>>
>>30033709
At the end of the day that's all that counts then .
Any ideas on a light weight 3-10 power optic ? Looking to keep it under 18 oz.
>>
>5 Mins before the range had about 20 people on it.
LMAO
>>
>>30030006
This and I call bullshit on his m1a with cheap shit outperforming a well set up ar15.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.