[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody got a Luger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 600x411
I don't what the fuck got into me but I'm obsessed with Lugers lately. I can drop about $2k tops and I want a nice one. There's so much shit out there it's hard to choose. Not sure if I want a modern one made by Mauser or some ww2 in a nice shape. What do you think /k/? Provide some guidance or just tell me to go fuck myself and forget about them.
I will shoot it though, so I'm not interested in a safe queen
>>
>>30028687
>Modern Luger made by Mauser

I'm gonna need a source on that.
>>
>>30028702
It was made until the 70s by Mauser. Not exactly a secret just google it. Swiss made them well into the late 40s as well.
>>
>>30028687
Check Rock Island Auction Company. Their regional auction will have a few and is upcoming.
>>
I'd say if you plan on shooting it pretty regularly go with the more modern and if it's going to be more something that goes to the range every once and a while as a show piece just being that it would be a 70 year old piece of history
>>
>>30028809
>>30028842
Thanks gents. I wonder how reliable they are although that's not why I'm getting them. I just love the looks and the whole mystique around them
>>
My local pawn has like 4 of them. Plenty of swasticas here.

They have them in 9mm and the original 30.

No artillery though.
>>
>>30028991
How much on average?
>>
Simpson Ltd has a whole section on their website dedicated to Lugers that you can look at and get a general idea of prices and such. That's where I would start. I learned a lot just by looking at their stuff.

Picked up my '21 DWM Commercial in .30 Luger at my LGS for about a grand. Came with a holster and a box of Winchester "silver box" from way back when. It only likes to run perfectly when it is well (maybe "over") lubed. Love it though.
>>
>>30028687
Old ones are easier to find. I have one. I kinda wanted a stainless mitchell arms luger though. They were made around the early 90's for like 10 years or so. They're cheaper for one in better condition, but like I said. Hard to find. They don't have the bluing or what-not though.

Stoeger makes some .22 lugers too. They're not quite the same/as cool though.
>>
>>30028687
For 2k, you might be able to buy yourself TWO shooter grade commercials in .30 at a gun show, or half of a swiss 06/29 if you get a good deal.

You should do more research into what you want to get for the money, imo, OP.

FTR, I have a 1917 langepistole, because artillery lugers are imo best lugers.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1024x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1024x599
>>30028687
If you do decide on modern, Stoeger use to make stainless Lugers.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
>>30030496
Not just in .22 either.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.