[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ i'm shooting a handgun for pretty much the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: m9_zoom005.jpg (48 KB, 840x580) Image search: [Google]
m9_zoom005.jpg
48 KB, 840x580
Hey /k/ i'm shooting a handgun for pretty much the first time tomorrow. Any starter tips of help?
>>
Don't sperg out, watch where you are pointing it, don't teacup.
>>
>>30028551
Don't shoot yourself or anyone around you
Do shoot the target
Unless it's a 9mm me and my buds used to shoot each other with them before airsoft became popular.
>>
>>30028592
Kek'd

>>30028551
OP, listen carefully to any and all instructions your friends give you and apply common sense to them to verify.

Use good trigger discipline, keep the barrel pointed the right way, etc.

The biggest tip I can give that I learned myself when I shot my first handgun (which was only a month or so ago) is to let the slide do the work when you rack it. Just pull back and let go.

I kept making the mistake of keeping my hand on the slide as it rack'd, which caused the round to not properly chamber. Just pull back and let go and let the gun do the work.
>>
>>30028640
>>30028592
Thanks for the tips. I shot rifles a lot when i was 12. but i've never shot a handgun before.
>>30028591
how do i now teacup?
>>
>>30028551
Gun stays pointed down range at all times, no matter what.

Finger stays off the trigger till you are aiming

Sometimes casings will eject weird and land on you, rare but happens. They are hot, don't be a bitch about it.

If you need help ask. Gun range staff will be more than happy, as will whoever you are going with, and probably fellow shooters around you.

Hearing protection always. It doesn't seem too bad at first but shit adds up quick, same for eye protection.

Thing is going to kick depending on what you are shooting. Hold it firm and just be ready for your first clip till you understand how strong it will be.

If you end up shooting a rifle or shotgun the butt (bit at the very very back) goes firmly between your collar bone and shoulder, won't hurt but if it isn't there it can/will be sore all day.

THE GUN STAYS POINTED IN THE DIRECTION OF THE TARGET AT ALL TIMES!
>>
>>30029408
I'd hate to be your range buddy
>>
>>30029524
Okay Cletus, go back to fucking your sister.
>>
>>30028551
don't shoot yourself or anyone around you

and have fun
>>
>>30028551

Always check that there is no magazine and no bullet in the chamber when you first manipulate the gun and when you finish shooting
>>
>>30028551
Don't use your thumb or finger in front of the barrel to check if there's something jamming the battery.
Dont nervously chew on bulllets.
Magazine jenga can be fun, but remember there are others waiting to use the lane.
CLP is not an apppropriate lubricant for masturbation. Hoppes may be. Ask the range what its rules are about that.
Every time you hit the 10-ring, loudly scream, "winner, winner, chicken dinner!"
RSOs and counter staff love to discuss what grain cartridges are the best for target shooting. Engage them in discussion about this whenever possible.

And the most important rule: Always assume the gun is loaded. Even if the action is open and it doesn't have a magazine. Even if the RSO is telling you repeatedly it's unloaded and okay to pick up. 180 and walk away. That shit is dangerous!l
>>
hold on tight otherwise that niggah gon run away from you
>>
>>30028551
Keep muzzle pointed at throat at all times
>>
Shoot each other with 9mm bullets to build up an immunity to larger rounds
>>
>>30029524
>>30029408
seems like an OK person to me, except for
>clip
>>
>>30030178
>RSOs and counter staff love to discuss what grain cartridges are the best for target shooting. Engage them in discussion about this whenever possible.
kek

don't forget to ask if .40 is a good round for self defence
>>
NOSE PICKER STAYS OFF THE BANG BUTTON UNTIL GO-TIME!
>>
don't touch the range clown no matter how tempting it may be
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.