[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bombers > Fighters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: B2w2F22s.jpg (227 KB, 2000x1234) Image search: [Google]
B2w2F22s.jpg
227 KB, 2000x1234
The US should go back to having a "Bomber Air Force" where there are more bombers than fighters. Sure they are more expensive, but they get more work done every time they are sent out. For example, the B-1B accounts for only 7% of sorties against ISIS but it has dropped more bombs on ISIS than any other aircraft.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2016/03/24/air-force-f-16s-fly-most-sorties-against-isis-b-1s-drop-most-bombs/82212394/

Bombers are also the perfect platform for delivering CAS because of their amazing payload and loiter time.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/b-1b-bombers-are-the-aerial-weapon-of-choice-for-suppor-1750018432

Last but certainly not least, it is easier to make a stealth bomber than a stealth fighter. The B-2 has an RCS smaller than an insect and it is immune to all radar bands, making it practically undetectable at any range. Stealth fighters like the F-22 and F-35 are only resistant to the X-band.
>>
>The B-2 has an RCS smaller than an insect and it is immune to all radar bands, making it practically undetectable at any range.

That's classified, we have no idea how stealthy the B-2 really is.
>>
>>30028140
>Using a 2 billion dollaroos bomber to kill Ali the goatherder with khyber copy Einfield. Good gob there, economician.
>>
Fuck yeah, we need to bring back 1000 bomber raids. Let's see how long ISIS wants to play cowboys and indians when the skies are regularly blacked with fortresses and liberators.
>>
>>30029999
>Liberator payload 3000kg
>Superhornet payload 8000kg
>>
>>30030020
>Superhornet payload
4 large bombs

>Liberator payload
30 small bombs

>Superhornet cost to build and maintain
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>Liberator cost to build and maintain
$$$
>>
>>30030020
Obviously a modernized SuperLiberator would be capable of at least 10x the payload.
>>
>>30030028
>4 large bombs
Just drop CBUs.

>$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I see no proofs for dollar per dead jihadist comparison.

>>30030034
He literally posted a pic of a WW2 bomber.
>>
>>30028140
>http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/b-1b-bombers-are-the-aerial-weapon-of-choice-for-suppor-1750018432
>What was once supposed to take out Soviet strategic targets at the start of WWIII is now fighting men living in mud huts and toting AK-47s. It is a bizarre change in mission, but it works.
>change in mission
I don't really see how the mission changed.
>>
>>30030041
I don't need to post any proof, it's fucking obvious
Props are too slow though they'd get blown out of the sky considering AA is a dime a dozen over there.
>>
>>30030054
Strategic bombers are mainly just meant to carpet bomb large strategic targets, not precision-bomb little tactical targets.
>>
>>30030168
Which in Russia's case are men in mud huts toting AK-47s.
>>
when we get counter-missile missiles, and lasers, I think we'll switch back to larger "fighters" or "bombs"

>>30029999
?
this was only a thing because the governments were run by anti-white commies back then, glorifying in the mass murder of women and children
>>
>>30028140
i think instead of relying on so many fighter bomber sorties we should produce a new larger spectre type gunship
>>
>>30030057
Maybe it's obvious if you're a retard. Triple the payload for ten times the accuracy for a third of the crewmen and with turbine engines. The maintenance costs are miniscule compared to the Liberator.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.