[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heya /k/. Newgunz here. I've been looking for a good innawoods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg (440 KB, 2050x900) Image search: [Google]
SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg
440 KB, 2050x900
Heya /k/. Newgunz here. I've been looking for a good innawoods gun that eats cheap ammo. I tried looking for an SKS, but my lgs hasn't seen one in a while and all the private sales I've looked at are blatant rip-offs that only literal retards could fall for.

Is there a good alternative to the SKS that isn't expensive, or should I just save up for something nice?

Also innawoods thread.
>>
Basic Ruger 10/22 is cheap as can be and decent. If you're looking for something with 'muh stopping power' for big game you could probably afford a shotgun aswell.

>SKS's are not a hair under $400 here, unless they're missing bayonet and rusty as all fuck.

>Some pleb always buys it first and puts some $60 plastic stock on it and tries to sell it for $500+

>They've also usually ruined something on it, and there's no converting it back.

> Ruger 10/22 ~$250-280 Single break-action shotty $75-140

>Pump shotty $200+

>Semi-auto shotty $240+

>Nugget meme gun supreme ~$240 with no accessories

>Ak's starting $400 and up to $800
>>
>>30026686
Gun Broker is your friend. I scored and got my hands on a '54 Tula SKS.

Alternatively, Classic Firearms has unissued Yugo M59/66s for $425, and J&G Sales and Southern Ohio Gun have some nice Norinco Type 56s still in stock.
>>
>>30028258
This. I feel so bad for my Yugo SKS because of the bubba who laid his hands on her before I got her.
>Tapco handguard
>Stock from a Norinco
>He cut the grenade sights off with a goddamn grinder.
>The button behind the trigger guard has been replaced with a Phillips head screw.
>The sling mounts have been removed (even the one on the gas block).

I mean I got the damn thing for $150 but still. At least the bore didn't look like a sewer pipe.
>>
File: IMG_20160509_205442702.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_205442702.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
I got mine for $430 then it went on sale a week later. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet
>>
>>30028284
>>30028396
I've hear that the Yugos have non-chromed barrels and the gas valve for the grenade launcher can cause issues. That true?
>>
>>30028838
Non chrome lined barrels are a real issue. Shorter barrel life for marginal accuracy gains. Don't let any of the Yugo owners convince you otherwise. A good type 56 is literally leagues better than an immaculate Yugo. Lighter too.
>>
I forgot where I put the stock of my SKS after cleaning all the parts of cosmoline
>>
>>30028838
It's not that big of a deal. There's no corrosive 7.62x39mm left, so the whole chrome-lined barrel thing is moot.

On the other hand, the gas valve can be a problem, but only if the gun has serious pitting or corrosion issues.

IMO, Yugos are still great SKSs, it's unlikely you will shoot out the barrel.
>>
>>30028851

Unless you are bump firing mag after mag or leaving your gun outside in the rain, a chrome bore in a x39 rifle doesn't make too big of a difference. Even a non chrome bore will last thousands of rounds so unless you are going to put over a grand worth of ammo through your SKS in the near future you will be fine.
>>
>>30030443
>defending your purchase this hard.
I'm sorry anon, I'd buy one too just because they're in perfect condition. But otherwise, never.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.